FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Here we go...................give the game a chance will you.Why presume its already a deadly bug thats going to kill the game based on a demo that you dont know how old it was.

That may well be 3-4 weeks old and thus they are still developing,as I keep saying dont let past EA performances put you off and certainly dont condemn the game before you have even played a five minute demo:roll:;)

im not condemming it just yet but it just what it looks like. Another question is why would they release promo videos showing gameplay flaws if they knew they were flaws in the first place? doesnt seem like good business to me.
Dont get me wrong this game will appeal to loads of people as it looks great and is probably alot of fun. But people who want a realist football game that plays like real football will spot these kind of problems and get frustrated very quickly.

There is a new video at jeuxvideo which shows Ronaldhinio clean through and the keeper jogs out, stands still, Ronaldhinio goes around him and plonks it into an empty net......................looks awful.

There may be some creedence to this keeper problem after all.

im not condemming it just yet but it just what it looks like. Another question is why would they release promo videos showing gameplay flaws if they knew they were flaws in the first place? doesnt seem like good business to me.
Dont get me wrong this game will appeal to loads of people as it looks great and is probably alot of fun. But people who want a realist football game that plays like real football will spot these kind of problems and get frustrated very quickly.

Agreed:)

There is a new video at jeuxvideo which shows Ronaldhinio clean through and the keeper jogs out, stands still, Ronaldhinio goes around him and plonks it into an empty net......................looks awful.

There may be some creedence to this keeper problem after all.

(Sighs) Nooooooooooooooooooo !!!

:(

I had no hope that they would fix the nets for FIFA08 so late.

But now I have some hope that they will fix the keepers until release. If they won't, it will be a serious problem :(

Last edited:

Worst video I have seen, Keeper comes rushing out with no awareness for the ball nor the attacker.

Dissapointed.

That is pretty poor AI by the keeper, hope that's an early build!

have a little faith guys.
A couple of videos show some keeper problems...so what?
PES has keeper problems...FIFA has keeper problems...

Im pretty sure (judging by how easily ronny got through the defence) that that is on easy mode. World Class was really a massive step in UCL and im sure it will be for this as well. Just take a chill pill for gods sake.
And if they do turn out to be shocking...so what? Watch some real football (or better yet play it) and you'll soon realise that a great number of goals scored are from keeper mistakes just like that one and the one in the gamevideos.com one. I'm really hoping that that sort of thing DOES happen occassionally as it adds realism to the game. Having a keeper who makes the right decisions 100% of the time is just unrealistic. My only concern would be if that happened all the time on world class. But placebo didnt mention anything - and in most of the vids ive watched it seems that games are 1-0, 2-0, 0-0, extra time etc. - so i dont think it's really that easy to score.

By the way that demo news is very disappointing.
Less than a month to play the demo? Over 15 days overdue from when they initially promised it? I dont think so.

have a little faith guys.
A couple of videos show some keeper problems...so what?
PES has keeper problems...FIFA has keeper problems...

Im pretty sure (judging by how easily ronny got through the defence) that that is on easy mode. World Class was really a massive step in UCL and im sure it will be for this as well. Just take a chill pill for gods sake.
And if they do turn out to be shocking...so what? Watch some real football (or better yet play it) and you'll soon realise that a great number of goals scored are from keeper mistakes just like that one and the one in the gamevideos.com one. I'm really hoping that that sort of thing DOES happen occassionally as it adds realism to the game. Having a keeper who makes the right decisions 100% of the time is just unrealistic. My only concern would be if that happened all the time on world class. But placebo didnt mention anything - and in most of the vids ive watched it seems that games are 1-0, 2-0, 0-0, extra time etc. - so i dont think it's really that easy to score.

By the way that demo news is very disappointing.
Less than a month to play the demo? Over 15 days overdue from when they initially promised it? I dont think so.

:applause::8):chill pill taken:drunk:

Placebo can you upload anywhere apart from momupload. They dont download for me for some reason. Cheers for all the impressions mate.

It's a shame if the keepers are still dodgy but it seems EA have never been able to solve that problem. For all my gripes, FIFA 07 was still much better than any other, so as long as the keepers aren't worse than that, I'll accept it. Saying that, have any of you watched the MLS recently (shown in the UK on five) the goalkeeping is truely awful, I hope EA aren't using them to base their programming on!

I'm purposefully not going to watch that video because I will be gutted. I have a horrible feeling one great game is going to be ruined by one persistent bug. I think I'll still rather play it over PES, even if the keepers are just as ridiculous in the final version, but there's no doubt it will grate over time (as the player collisions put me off FIFA 07 after a few months, and the heading put me off UEFA CL after a few months).

When I think of everything the game has to offer, it's so sad to think it may be spoilt by one stupid programmer.

@ JB - don't be so down mate - surely you can entertain the idea that it's on a low skill level - if you watched the vid you would see the (long) passing going virtually un-challenged so I'm sure this is the case.

Otherwise you'd have loads of preview vids where nothing was happening other than mid-field scraps.

They're trying to showcase the skills and improved shooting so they dumb down the opponents to give themselves the best oppertunity of guaranteeing this!

what i find strange is that nobody picked up the GK problems when it was shown in Austria. No previews were talking about this.

There have been numerous people that have played this now and didnt say anything bad about the goalies

1 clip dosnt mean sweet FA

We seriously just need a demo at this point. I'm sure EA is delaying it for reasons relating to bugs and dodgy GKs. I don't think EA would want to release a demo with problems, especially since the futbol cummunity is so excited in anticipation of this game.

Yep. ALERT, ALERT...

Placebo, did you notice this?

Haven't watched the video yet, will do shortly, I didn't notice any dodgy keeping during my time with 08 today, that's not to assume there is non at all but either I was lucky and there was non in the games I played or I simply didn't notice it.

The 2nd goal the EA Producer scored against me was a left footed daisy cutter into the bottom left corner of the goal, scored by Rob Hulse, it wasn't overly powerful but it was exactly in the bottom left corner and the sort of goal you think the keeper might have saved but in reality he just couldn't quite get down to it quickly enough.....

So obviously I'm back now from swimming and if there are questions waiting I'll get to them before adding some more stuff I remember from chatting to the EA guy :)

Tbh , the free kick GK positioning was ugly in UCL. Whoever played it knows , but still you don't see it written in any review.
IMO fifa/pes reviewers are not so ... football fans , thy just play 2-3 games and write a review. And that's not proper , you have to play at least 30-40 games in order to "master" pes/fifa.

Anyway , I also hope that these videos are on "easy" mode. We'll wait until 13 september I guess :D

Just re-watched it you can tell its on easy mode the way Ronnie walks through the defence with no abilty at all, I still remain positive from Placebo's review this morning. :)

There have been numerous people that have played this now and didnt say anything bad about the goalies

1 clip dosnt mean sweet FA

Bang on Coopz

Nobody who played it has mentioned the bad goalkeeping AI and I have a hunch its on pleb difficulty.

Lets just caaaaaaalmmmm it down, take it easy:8):

Bang on Coopz

Nobody who played it has mentioned the bad goalkeeping AI and I have a hunch its on pleb difficulty.

Lets just caaaaaaalmmmm it down, take it easy:8):

Well we only have to wait until Wednesday, then we can all see for ourselves. \\:o/

I'm purposefully not going to watch that video because I will be gutted. I have a horrible feeling one great game is going to be ruined by one persistent bug. I think I'll still rather play it over PES, even if the keepers are just as ridiculous in the final version, but there's no doubt it will grate over time (as the player collisions put me off FIFA 07 after a few months, and the heading put me off UEFA CL after a few months).

When I think of everything the game has to offer, it's so sad to think it may be spoilt by one stupid programmer.

What absolute BOLLOCKS. Some of you lot need to chill out or you will give yourself a heart attack before you hit 35.

Once again, leaping on one PERCEIVED glitch on a demo version, before you even play the game.

Get a grip lads!

i seriously think it's on some lower difficulty

@ Placebo;

Tnx for the answer regarding response time. That has made me more positive about the game as the response time in UCL was just too slow for me. In what way do you consider it faster/sharper? Is it in shooting/passing response or also in movement response i.e. turning?

As for the goalie vids, yeah they are pretty crap in all of them, however i would expect it to be because of the difficulty level as we've only seen them in these couple of vids and noone else has mentioned noticing it.

Although i agree with blackjim, it seems most of the reviewers just dont take enough time with the game and are giving a "general" review for the masses, not for the fans. The 1up preview was positive enough, with just the aerial play having question marks.

Back
Top Bottom