FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Goalkeepers just dont react quick enough to the incoming cross, i wouldnt normally mind but its not as if its being whipped across at pace, hope this doesnt spoil the game!! :(

To be fair most goalkeepers dont cover their inside post, when a freekick is about to be took, also the freekick was placed brilliantly.

To be fair. Placebo stated the version he played today was only a week or 2 old and a lot of the other ones around were old so hopefully there is time for fixes. It seems that Ferreira is RB in that clip and Baletti is in another one so it could be older builds. The AI level could also be set to low I can't see EA fixing so many things and leaving something as stupid as that Header and keeper bug in.

those goalies look half asleep and their positioning is awful..this looks like classic ea top visuals but small bugs which frustrate and ruin the experience

those goalies look half asleep and their positioning is awful..this looks like classic ea top visuals but small bugs which frustrate and ruin the experience

Here we go...................give the game a chance will you.Why presume its already a deadly bug thats going to kill the game based on a demo that you dont know how old it was.

That may well be 3-4 weeks old and thus they are still developing,as I keep saying dont let past EA performances put you off and certainly dont condemn the game before you have even played a five minute demo:roll:;)

To be fair. Placebo stated the version he played today was only a week or 2 old and a lot of the other ones around were old so hopefully there is time for fixes. It seems that Ferreira is RB in that clip and Baletti is in another one so it could be older builds. The AI level could also be set to low I can't see EA fixing so many things and leaving something as stupid as that Header and keeper bug in.

Great spot and theory on the Chelsea RB - I'm clinging to this hope.

I also agree that the demos are probably done on low skill levels to make the game more open.

Maybe they used Paul Robinson for the motion capture.

Hello all,

2 questions if you dont mind:

1..Will there be night matches in management mode?
2..Are transfers in currency or points?

Thanx 4 your help.:8):

As I mentioned the AI is probably on the easiest setting. The power you are just gagging for FIFA to fail, why?

Hello all,

2 questions if you dont mind:

1..Will there be night matches in management mode?
2..Are transfers in currency or points?

Thanx 4 your help.:8):

Hello.

1 - pass - someone else?
2 - there's an option to use either dollars, sterling or euro if I remember correctly.

The Power again ](*,)

Yes after 100 posts of Fifa hype i post something true/negative about fifa. ...and that is all you can say?

...Headerbug and too easy freekicks makes fifa 2007 online to an unplayable buggame....and dont forget the rocketshoot.

edit: i am not gagging..i know the biggest problem of fifa games: BUGS! But you cant accept the truth! ...and you see every year again and again the same(or new) bugs. But hey the animation are great...i will buy the game! :)

Last edited:

The shooting is highly impressive, I ended up using Christian Ronaldo in the arena for some reason, even though I dislike him, I tried some shooting from around 20-25 yards and it was a thing of beauty, ball moves really well, good speed about it, sent one drive crashing off the crossbar :)

During the Liverpool v Arsenal game I hit a shot with Alonso that was probably the highlight of my experience with 08, he's about 25 yards out, in the "inside left" position as they like to call it, I point him towards the far post then shoot to the left post, medium height dipping shot, fair amount of power, I'm about to celebrate but then Lehman pulled off a fantastic full stretch one handed save to push it out for a corner, looked really class :)

EA have speeded up the "powering up" of crosses and shots and such so at first if you're used to UCL you'll find yourself hitting shots over the bar, but once you get used to it you get your timing back and can really hit the ball well, the movement of the ball from shots just looks fantastic, really smooth and organic, looks spot on and not elasticy or whatever like older Fifa's, it somewhat reminded me of PES' shooting in the way that it felt pure and organic.

60 FPS? can you compare to something already out like NHL 08 which is silky smooth?

Back
Top Bottom