FIFA 08

Re: FIFA 08 (Next Gen Chat)

Of no importance whatsoever, but, love the music on the first one!

I'd comment further but I'm getting no picture so far, just sound. Will have to download it first. :eh:

EDIT: That first goal you see in the shooting video, the Drogba header, is DODGYYY (the goalkeeper doesn't even try to save it).

Headers (and graphics) look beautiful though.

Last edited:

i see from the second video the shooting has been improved

that is great news for me because i hated the shooting in 07

I'm really worried about the goalkeeping AI, that shooting video doesn't fill me with confidence at all...

Aye it was when Levein was in charge of cowden. He spent 3 months on loan at us (was initially supposed to be a year but he was called back early).

Link - Its mentioned in his profile.

Its just a shame that Cowdenbeath couldn't have bought him back then mate.

Would have been better than the money going to the Russian mafia.

:lol:

The nets look good this time, the whole net moves instead of just a local "dent" where the ball hits. The goalie AI did look a bit suspect though, it also happens on another header that goes over with the goalie just standing. And that cech save was also very good, makes the shooting feel far better/more rewarding i suspect.

... his thigh/knee look like he's recovering from a burn injury, thigh is darker pink than the knee, very little definition in the model of the knee.

I think the difference in colour is for the shade - the shorts are 3d so the skin inside the shorts is darker to give the impression further.

Fifa crowds look good because they blur them out to such a degree that you can't notice a lack of detail on them.

Hey - they look good and don't stand out like a sore 2D thumb - so who gives a toss eh!

what time is it here when the demo come online in the usa?

Erm... 1am to EST is about 8pm?

------

The goalkeeper AI has made me worry now, the goalkeeper was on a differnet planet when the goal went in.

On a side note the Net Physics are spot on now.

I hope the goalkeeper AI isn't going to be the one thing that ruins the game... Whatever the AI setting was, the keeper on that Drogba goal was disgraceful. This is precisely why people still prefer PES, FIFA is developing well but just one stupid bug can ruin every match, whereas PES is changing so incredibly slowly, but it never has anything that ruins the game entirely (bar PES6's mentally high shooting especially on 360 which, in my opinion, was ridiculous).

The more I see of PES and FIFA I'm sure one of them will keep me (at least) reasonably happy for a year. I just hope the goalkeepers in FIFA generally perform better than that...

Last edited:

I hope the goalkeeper AI isn't going to be the one thing that ruins the game... Whatever the AI setting was, the keeper on that Drogba goal was disgraceful. This is precisely why people still prefer PES, FIFA is developing well but just one stupid bug can ruin every match, whereas PES is changing so incredibly slowly, but it never has anything that ruins the game entirely (bar PES6's mentally high shooting which, in my opinion, was ridiculous).

The more I see of PES and FIFA I'm sure one of them will keep me reasonably happy for a year. I just hope the goalkeepers generally perform better than that...

i wouldnt say he should have saved taht header..it was from a very close range...very dificult to save that...but what i think is bothering us, is his reactions(or none reaciton)... i mean if he at least tried to save that none would notice that..
i hope those that kind of things doenst happen often in the final version of the game... its really ugly and takes away alot of the goal excitment.

That's what I was referring to - of course it doesn't matter that it went in, it's the way he was running after the ball as if he wasn't allowed to use his hands. As I say, that's why people still prefer PES - the only similar thing I remember seeing in PES is when the ball travelled through my goalkeeper's chest to go in, and that's only happened once or twice. If this happens every few games... Uh-oh.

The goalkeepers arent totally usless tho Jack the save on 1:10' was quality!!

Cheer up matey :D

I think it was Adonis who said ages ago though, that the goalkeepers in FIFA are like Jekyll & Hyde. One minute they're making wonder-saves and the next they're diving under the ball and letting it go in. From that video, there may be new animations, but the GK AI looks the same.

Hopefully it's a video from an early version, but it's desperate thinking.

I see that Lampard still has a head like a vegetable. The hair is awful on him, he looks like one of them potatoes you used to grow as a kid and it had all weird hair styles.

The goalkeepers arent totally usless tho Jack the save on 1:10' was quality!!

Cheer up matey :D

yeha!!
im trying to look at things through the bright side m8...thats y i only mention that save in my first post after seeing the video...
looked nice!!
this will improve a llot the shooting...

@JB
about the GK poor animation, i recall seeing those kind of things in PES when playing against a m8, and after i cross the ball into the box he would try to rush the GK with the triangle button...than those kind would happen...clear not the case in this fifa video, as its a single player mode. hopefully though its in the amatuer level.

I think it was Adonis who said ages ago though, that the goalkeepers in FIFA are like Jekyll & Hyde. One minute they're making wonder-saves and the next they're diving under the ball and letting it go in. From that video, there may be new animations, but the GK AI looks the same.

Hopefully it's a video from an early version, but it's desperate thinking.

Sounds like Paul Robinson in real life :lmao:

One dodgy goal and all of a sudden the Keeper AI is awful, will ruin the game and the overall experience.......c'mon guys lets get this into perspective. Did CW mention how appaling the keepers were, no he said they had improved, di kenny m say the same, have you heard any person thats played the demo mention that keepers seem a bit hit and miss??

you cannot draw an assumption of the game from those few shots, what difficulty was it on?? nobody knows.

i remeber slagging an early video off from mexico but looking at now in comparison its a different class, the nets have improved 500% from leipzig 2 weeks ago, its still in development until it goes gold or confirmation that the code has been locked.

Everyone needs to lighten up, the game looks class.

One dodgy goal and all of a sudden the Keeper AI is awful, will ruin the game and the overall experience.......c'mon guys lets get this into perspective. Did CW mention how appaling the keepers were, no he said they had improved, di kenny m say the same, have you heard any person thats played the demo mention that keepers seem a bit hit and miss??

you cannot draw an assumption of the game from those few shots, what difficulty was it on?? nobody knows.

i remeber slagging an early video off from mexico but looking at now in comparison its a different class, the nets have improved 500% from leipzig 2 weeks ago, its still in development until it goes gold or confirmation that the code has been locked.

Everyone needs to lighten up, the game looks class.

i agree 100%
well said!
:applause:

Back
Top Bottom