FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Finally got the full version at Best Buy after driving around five different stores!

Feel free to kick my ass online!

Bumperman Review

Guys, I waited a week more than you all before I could get my copy.
Well OK. Today I got it.

I played the demo. Hated the demo, but went back to it,then went back to it again and then found out how to play it and then again kept coming back.
First thing, I love about the full version. FULL GAMES! I hated the 5 min short demo. It didn't allow anything to fully play out. i think everyone here was finally relieved to just have the full version. The demo (after getting used to it gameplay) became a tease.

Second thing i was happy about was being able to set my defensive stragies and save them per team. no more click click click click...etc at every start of the match. once and that's it. Nice.

Third thing. Picked the music. Like some of these songs a lot.

Number 4? Well, it's something that irritated me in the demo that I knew the full version would finally have. Edit mode...Ummm...,but I'm getting ahead of myself, more on that later.

5th and you gotta bare with me here even though these are all little things that just weren't possible with the demo. I can finally play in another stadium! I mean who else is SICK of Wembley?! This means a lot to me because I have a fetish with grass in games. Weird I know, but I am happy to say that the grass in this game has a great variety of color. NOT wear though(which is what I'll be picking up Winning Eleven 2007 for).

Ok, so those are points right off the bat that make me content in making a purchase of the full version. The reviews are in and they are saying so-so things about the game as a whole now. IGN UK 7.6 IGN USA 6.8... I mean the views are divided. I mean look at what the UK review thinks of through balls and then see what the USA review thinks of through balls? It's definitely divided, but not just there pretty EVERYWHERE. The full 10 point up and down scoring between the two is just proof of it.But everyone's divided. We got people here converting and then others saying the engine is completely broken (yes I've read some bad stuff).

Most of what I hear is that the game A)lacks fetures the current-gen games have and B) the gameplay feels lacking/incomplete or hard to play.
Whould it be nice to have more leagues? Yes. Whould it be good to have tricks/special moves? Well yes, but overall is it neccesary? I guess it's more of apersonal want IF your teams are not in. You play a hometown from East Bubblesuck or like your chances with a team that will NEVER make the Champions League then I can see the need to vent. But it's NOT necessary for the rest of us. Ahhh tricks and special moves... Where's Rolandino's sumthin or other?! Ohh my god I can't Rabona!I can't fake out anyone without a crossover!!! Guys...that's NOT soccer and if you think it IS, please play that soft artichoke of a game they call Fifa street 2 (I say 2 because I would NEVER let anyone or an enemy play 1). I'm sorry I ranted..., but again EA(And I kinda hate defending the company because it just sucks) has implemented other things that make it react to the ball and the passing of it, which WAS necessary.

I played enough already to know one thing automatically. The game feels more like the sport of soccer(football for all my over seas friends).
We've all watched soccer matches and we've all played the sport. Controlling the ball is hard. This game makes controlling the ball hard and you really feel like you gotta hold possesion of it or you'll lose it and have gosh knows what happen becuase of it. It feels like YOUR mistake can cuase the whole team to lose IF by chance your take away results in an oppening for a opponenet and an eventual score. I feel this now with this game. the demo ONLY hinted at it. with longer halves and the ability to now play a full match it makes it even more tense.

Having said all that. How does Fifa 07 LET you control the ball? Well, it ain't a piece of cake. Far fucking from it. The ball being so seperate(although NOT entirely) makes for a difficult adjustment. I thought in Winning Eleven the ball was free, yeah well they sure made the ball in this one free. It's not only that though because the position of your player, his foot planting really effect what the heck happens now. Once you learn how to control yourself (around a woman no) you only control what you need to. This means easing up on the button mashing steadying your shot passing and pushing the ball only when it needs it.
I'm learning and I'm learning and there's always more I could learn.

So then, how is the shooting? Well everyone here I think knows I LOVE the precision shot in the current gen version of Fifa 07. On the current gen Xbox,Gamecube and PSP versions (No PS2 vers.for me,was going to but decided on a Wii) you hold down the left shoulder buttons and press B. Perfect. Utter bliss, short range long range precision. On the 360. RB and B button. Stupid. RB should be for chip! They done fucked that up. i simply hate it,but I live with it and I'll get used to it like the nagging from my fellow co-workers which care more about the place they work in then I do when I outrank them all there...ahh ok rant over. So precision shot results compared to current gen since it is still in? Well, I personally think the effect works differently for each respective platform version of the game, but I can't findout how to get the same effect for the 360 version of fifa and IF i never get it I hope that EA puts the precision thing back on the left shoulder button,just to please me that it's in a better spot.

Wow can I type! Short and sweet now the game grows on you if your patient enough with it and don't take this whle ACCURACY thing to far.

Presentation - 6 (It's pretty bad,then agin ALL the EA sports games menus,interfaces have been bad on the 360 this year. Only one I like is the PSP versions)

Graphics - 8 (won't say they're ALL that good but it's pretty much a revamp of RTTWC)

Gameplay - 7.5(too much of a learning curve to the all new physics and animation engine. it's an adjustmebnt and one that takes getting used to. can't recommend the game to everyone. i see myself having to explain how to play to my friends constantly. It's not apick up and play game. It's a OWN IT game, if you know what i mean)

Features - 9 - EDIT MODE!CREATE-A-PLAYER!BOOTS!BALLS!DELLE ALPI!
MANAGER MODE!( what's there NOT enoigh of to play? What you want a game to last you 3 years?)

Overall - 8.

Not entirely worth but as you've read i'll make it worth it...

Watch for my editing soon...

Bumperman Review

Guys, I waited a week more than you all before I could get my copy.
Well OK. Today I got it.

I played the demo. Hated the demo, but went back to it,then went back to it again and then found out how to play it and then again kept coming back.
First thing, I love about the full version. FULL GAMES! I hated the 5 min short demo. It didn't allow anything to fully play out. i think everyone here was finally relieved to just have the full version. The demo (after getting used to it gameplay) became a tease.

Second thing i was happy about was being able to set my defensive stragies and save them per team. no more click click click click...etc at every start of the match. once and that's it. Nice.

Third thing. Picked the music. Like some of these songs a lot.

Number 4? Well, it's something that irritated me in the demo that I knew the full version would finally have. Edit mode...Ummm...,but I'm getting ahead of myself, more on that later.

5th and you gotta bare with me here even though these are all little things that just weren't possible with the demo. I can finally play in another stadium! I mean who else is SICK of Wembley?! This means a lot to me because I have a fetish with grass in games. Weird I know, but I am happy to say that the grass in this game has a great variety of color. NOT wear though(which is what I'll be picking up Winning Eleven 2007 for).

Ok, so those are points right off the bat that make me content in making a purchase of the full version. The reviews are in and they are saying so-so things about the game as a whole now. IGN UK 7.6 IGN USA 6.8... I mean the views are divided. I mean look at what the UK review thinks of through balls and then see what the USA review thinks of through balls? It's definitely divided, but not just there pretty EVERYWHERE. The full 10 point up and down scoring between the two is just proof of it.But everyone's divided. We got people here converting and then others saying the engine is completely broken (yes I've read some bad stuff).

Most of what I hear is that the game A)lacks fetures the current-gen games have and B) the gameplay feels lacking/incomplete or hard to play.
Whould it be nice to have more leagues? Yes. Whould it be good to have tricks/special moves? Well yes, but overall is it neccesary? I guess it's more of apersonal want IF your teams are not in. You play a hometown from East Bubblesuck or like your chances with a team that will NEVER make the Champions League then I can see the need to vent. But it's NOT necessary for the rest of us. Ahhh tricks and special moves... Where's Rolandino's sumthin or other?! Ohh my god I can't Rabona!I can't fake out anyone without a crossover!!! Guys...that's NOT soccer and if you think it IS, please play that soft artichoke of a game they call Fifa street 2 (I say 2 because I would NEVER let anyone or an enemy play 1). I'm sorry I ranted..., but again EA(And I kinda hate defending the company because it just sucks) has implemented other things that make it react to the ball and the passing of it, which WAS necessary.

I played enough already to know one thing automatically. The game feels more like the sport of soccer(football for all my over seas friends).
We've all watched soccer matches and we've all played the sport. Controlling the ball is hard. This game makes controlling the ball hard and you really feel like you gotta hold possesion of it or you'll lose it and have gosh knows what happen becuase of it. It feels like YOUR mistake can cuase the whole team to lose IF by chance your take away results in an oppening for a opponenet and an eventual score. I feel this now with this game. the demo ONLY hinted at it. with longer halves and the ability to now play a full match it makes it even more tense.

Having said all that. How does Fifa 07 LET you control the ball? Well, it ain't a piece of cake. Far fucking from it. The ball being so seperate(although NOT entirely) makes for a difficult adjustment. I thought in Winning Eleven the ball was free, yeah well they sure made the ball in this one free. It's not only that though because the position of your player, his foot planting really effect what the heck happens now. Once you learn how to control yourself (around a woman no) you only control what you need to. This means easing up on the button mashing steadying your shot passing and pushing the ball only when it needs it.
I'm learning and I'm learning and there's always more I could learn.

So then, how is the shooting? Well everyone here I think knows I LOVE the precision shot in the current gen version of Fifa 07. On the current gen Xbox,Gamecube and PSP versions (No PS2 vers.for me,was going to but decided on a Wii) you hold down the left shoulder buttons and press B. Perfect. Utter bliss, short range long range precision. On the 360. RB and B button. Stupid. RB should be for chip! They done fucked that up. i simply hate it,but I live with it and I'll get used to it like the nagging from my fellow co-workers which care more about the place they work in then I do when I outrank them all there...ahh ok rant over. So precision shot results compared to current gen since it is still in? Well, I personally think the effect works differently for each respective platform version of the game, but I can't findout how to get the same effect for the 360 version of fifa and IF i never get it I hope that EA puts the precision thing back on the left shoulder button,just to please me that it's in a better spot.

Wow can I type! Short and sweet now the game grows on you if your patient enough with it and don't take this whle ACCURACY thing to far.

Presentation - 6 (It's pretty bad,then agin ALL the EA sports games menus,interfaces have been bad on the 360 this year. Only one I like is the PSP versions)

Graphics - 8 (won't say they're ALL that good but it's pretty much a revamp of RTTWC)

Gameplay - 7.5(too much of a learning curve to the all new physics and animation engine. it's an adjustmebnt and one that takes getting used to. can't recommend the game to everyone. i see myself having to explain how to play to my friends constantly. It's not apick up and play game. It's a OWN IT game, if you know what i mean)

Features - 9 - EDIT MODE!CREATE-A-PLAYER!BOOTS!BALLS!DELLE ALPI!
MANAGER MODE!( what's there NOT enoigh of to play? What you want a game to last you 3 years?)

Overall - 8.

Not entirely worth but as you've read i'll make it worth it...

Watch for my editing soon...

OMFG This is total CRAP man. I was playing online last night and it ended up as a draw 2-2 so we went to PK's. THIS IS SO SO UNREALISTIC. We played at least 5 rounds of PK's and finally I gave up and just smacked the ball skyhigh. WTF is this ???? I've never EVER seen this in real life. Also, PK's are crap. Everyone has the same PK kick.. this is so retarded. If this shit continues to happend I'm seriously looking forward exchanding this copy for PES6 or something .. I just hope PES6 can be played on American 360 console. I am about to say FUCK YOU EA FOREVER and never EVER buy this game AGAIN.. doesn't matter what platform PS3,4,10 XBOX 750, 930 Whatever..

Also, how in the world do you defend properly ??? In PES/WE I hold :x: and :square: and my player along with my teamate will chase the oposite player.. and it would be really helpful here no matter what I do defence doesn't work.

ONLINE: It sucks playing these morons who only play as Chelsea, Barca, Milan etc.. you can't find a fucking decent oponent. Had a guy that played as Barca vs (Sevilla *me*). 90% of the time he didn't pass the ball instead he only had the ball with Ronaldinho.. dribbles..and dribbles.. and dribbles.. hoping he will score with his beloved Ronaldinho. I'm giving this game 6.5 rating now.

Already bored of this game - the ball physics are very poor I feel. I am bloody gutted, have already gone back to PES6 (which played a storming game last night.) I read someone say on this forum about that 'FIFA feel still being present'. I totally agree. It doesn't FEEL like real football at all. EA can suck my balls. Again.

What a weird release month!

Ok..just had another match online..Juventus vs Inter .. the players seem to be fucking GLUED to the pitch..and won't MOVE.

FUCK YOU EA!

Jack, you think the online shooting in PES6 is bad? Then how can you tolerate the shooting in FIFA 07, offline or on?

Even offline strikes in FIFA 07 will regularly fire well wide of the target when from good positions, and it's inexcusable.

ActionHank said:
Jack, you think the online shooting in PES6 is bad? Then how can you tolerate the shooting in FIFA 07, offline or on?

Even offline strikes in FIFA 07 will regularly fire well wide of the target when from good positions, and it's inexcusable.

This used to happen to me, till i learned how to shoot :)

ActionHank said:

:applause:

ActionHank said:
And 10 to 1 says if you watched the replay of most of those shots that fire well wide in FIFA 07, you'll notice you took the shot when your player was off balance..............making it no wonder why their shot didnt go where you wanted it.

deftonesmx17 said:
And 10 to 1 says if you watched the replay of most of those shots that fire well wide in FIFA 07, you'll notice you took the shot when your player was off balance..............making it no wonder why their shot didnt go where you wanted it.

Ey man.. are you in the states or where ?? I'd love to play you..request me as a friend. StupidBiatch .. I'm in Boston, MA US..and come online mostly late at night..sometimes noon time.. Eastern Time.

yup.

I dont like single player. Its boring, as is PES.

Online for me only :)

Last edited:

i've played it many times & it kicks 360 pes6 arse,but the shit thing is that there seems to be no different weather cons,only sunny& night.ps2 ver has all clubs coca cola,l1,2.3.they've obviously used madden style graphics,but when you bring on a sub he comes on with dirt on his kit..you think they would've seen this before releasing,and playing without rain??Get real easports..

yeah i was initially impressed with the muddying of the kits...until i brought my first sub and the wierdo had already been muddying his kit up on the sidelines prior to coming on!lol:)

do the players have individual free kick animations? Ive seen some videos of ronaldinho (dunno whether from demo or not) and he has the shit one...does anyone know whether he has his own? along with c.ronaldo, lampard etc.

kevano22 said:
what are they supposed to link to?
They're links to where QJ.net say one week "there's 27 leagues" and then next week "there's 6 leagues". Professional or what.

Since I know you guys in Europe have had the game more than a couple days, do you gain fan shop points for anything aside from challenge mode or do they all have to be earned by doing the challenges?

I find fifa tough. and i like it because of that although its frustrating at times. Sometimes your players dont move when they should and headering is difficult.

The only gripes i have is that the computer NEVER EVER HEADS AT GOAL.

EA will be getting an email shortly asking them to fix this as it seriously detracts from the game in my opinion. Looks stupid when they just chest it all the time.

Oh I keep meaning to tell everybody. Im pretty sure LB is the supercancel. Before you go up for a header or something, keep hold of LB and you can move ur player where u want so u can time a header, or a volley or whatever you want.

PES6 for the 360 is a joke compared to this, Im SO glad I listend to JB days before the game was released.

Hey guys,
I just bought the XBOX 360 and FIFA 07 yesterday.
So a steep learning curve for me to get really comfortable with the
system and the game....
When I first loaded the game, it said that there was not enough free
space to save something.....i have 12GB on the disk free....don't know
what it's trying to save??

How much space do you need to save on it ?
I played my first match, and man....just getting used to the controller
and I had one shot on goal in my first match as Liverpool v Arsenal..
lost 0:3....i liked some of the stuff, still early days though...
i think the menus are'nt that good...

mathewsss said:
Hey guys,
I just bought the XBOX 360 and FIFA 07 yesterday.
So a steep learning curve for me to get really comfortable with the
system and the game....
When I first loaded the game, it said that there was not enough free
space to save something.....i have 12GB on the disk free....don't know
what it's trying to save??

How much space do you need to save on it ?
I played my first match, and man....just getting used to the controller
and I had one shot on goal in my first match as Liverpool v Arsenal..
lost 0:3....i liked some of the stuff, still early days though...
i think the menus are'nt that good...

Are you sure your not doing something wrong.. the only reason why a message pops up saying what location you want your things saved from the game..obviously you select HDD and since you're saying you have 12GB free..then something is wrong here..try rebooting the console.. and if that doesn't work then something could be wrong with your HDD..

Back
Top Bottom