FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

yeah a league will be good, i had 1 cheat tonight, still annoying as fuck tho

I've played people from all around Europe with no lag, the only lag I've had was with an Aussie. My record is now 45 wins and 15 defeats. That's 60 games and I've had lag in 2 games, amazing.

I hope it's that way in the US online...

EA's NHL is good online but it doesn't play like it does offline

I really do hope the online is as good as you are guys are saying in terms of lag and gameplay.

I guess I will find out tomorrow.. can't wait!

Last edited:

kevano22 said:
Lol yeah, nice to see you finally see what we are seeing- thats a lot of see's.

anyway, Im liking this game the more i play it. I havent even touched offline yet, i cant get enough of the differnt types of opponents on live. You have to adjust your game slightly everytime for each opponent.

Biggest loss ive had is 4-0 (to GayD) :) and biggest win was 3-0. First time i went liverpool and i beat a manc 3-0 :D.

Love this gaaaaameeeeeeeeee.

I'm gonna have to give you another ass whooping for that comment. ;)

Two matches in a row, won both, but as soon as the final whistle has GONE (i.e. it's OVER), I've got an "opponent has disconnected" message and the win hasn't been added to my stats.

What a load of bollocks, PES is slow boring unrealistic crap and FIFA is full of cheats (EDIT: Just played PES for a change and got three cheats in a row - WHAT IS THE POINT IN RANKINGS, the top 100 players in any XBOX Live game ARE ALL CHEATING FUCKING SHITBAGS).

We've got to organise a league.

Thats why ive never bothered with online much, that and lag i encountered with pes5. Played the online evo league and CL last year and although it was fun there was still lag, even with people wanting to just have a good fair game. And the organisation of getting to play matches in a league format is difficult with everybody having different schedules etc.

If you did a league i would suggest a more open format then having to play everybody twice (home/away) just because you end up with a core of 5/6 players and then quite a few that just havent got enough time to be availeble. And that usually kills the leaguecompetition somewhat. Maybe a league where it works on averages instead with a minimum of 10 games played to make the average and a maximum amount of times you can play the same person. Maybe a bit open to abuse from people, but the ones that will be playing regularly from here will just want a fair league imo. Something to think about. Could be good that you have to beat your opponent to get a higher average then what he has in the league, especially if its the last possibility with the maximum limit. Could add an extra level of tactics as players who are high up will want to defend that by not losing instead of going for maximum points, possibly.

Glad to see more people joining the *couch revolution couch* instead of staying with darwinian speed pro evolution. Still think its a really good game, and with the niggles sorted out (which goes for pes aswell as it contains quite a few), it will be a very good game next year.

Last edited:

gday guys just checking how bad was the lag for an aussie? im hoping ill be able to join in with you fellas without too much hassle...and one other question - do players have individual free kicks? Pirlo has it in the demo but no one else does.... thanks

I must admit, I actually managed to have a cheat-free game of PES online this morning, and it was absolutely fantastic. The freedom in FIFA is fantastic but there's at least one bug a game (usually forced by someone who knows what they're doing) that ruins the experience (e.g. an opposition player crashing into you, both of you then stopping dead, then running like a maniac for the ball and crashing and stopping dead again, only for the referee to do nothing - not exactly realistic).

The last game I played on FIFA, the guy must have known about a 30-yard-shot bug, because he would just put the ball onto the strikers foot and then WHACK it - he wasn't trying, he wasn't playing a decent game of football, he was just getting 30 yards out, and then whacking it, hoping the keeper would fall over. Not fun.

The last game I played on PES it was a good, tight passing game. Not without it's fault; there seemed to be NO midfield sometimes, four players running to the goal like there's an attack going on before you've barely touched the ball. The worst thing though (this is what made me stop playing and go back to FIFA), EVERY TIME I was through on goal (over TWENTY TIMES in the previous match - I swear on my mother's life), I would literally press the shoot button for as short a time AS POSSIBLE (just a tiny little light tap), and the shot would go MILES over the bar - how are you supposed to win?

But even so, that's one problem (seeing as I'm presuming you could fix the attacking problem via tactics) as opposed to FIFA's collision problem and FIFA's goalkeeper problems (both missing the ball when they could just stand still, and too many spills leading to goals).

Still, I can't see myself regularly playing either game, unfortunately. I still find PES boring, and online it seems like you only get a cheat or an incredible player who you suspect is a cheat. And FIFA, while I prefer this, is a waste of time online because there's more cheats than in any previous game I've played, who are all out to exploit the flaws rather than play football.

But worse, the single-player experience in both isn't good enough; I would rather lick a pensioner's head than play the Master League EVER again, you can only play mates on FIFA in friendles and the career mode uses "points" rather than money, as well as having ridiculous "facility" stats just so that you have something to spend your "points" on.

I'm losing patience with both games, now. I think this is a year for Battlefield 2142 and Splinter Cell\Rainbow Six.

Jack Bauer said:
I must admit, I actually managed to have a cheat-free game of PES online this morning, and it was absolutely fantastic. The freedom in FIFA is fantastic but there's at least one bug a game (usually forced by someone who knows what they're doing) that ruins the experience (e.g. an opposition player crashing into you, both of you then stopping dead, then running like a maniac for the ball and crashing and stopping dead again, only for the referee to do nothing - not exactly realistic).

The last game I played on FIFA, the guy must have known about a 30-yard-shot bug, because he would just put the ball onto the strikers foot and then WHACK it - he wasn't trying, he wasn't playing a decent game of football, he was just getting 30 yards out, and then whacking it, hoping the keeper would fall over. Not fun.

The last game I played on PES it was a good, tight passing game. Not without it's fault; there seemed to be NO midfield sometimes, four players running to the goal like there's an attack going on before you've barely touched the ball. The worst thing though (this is what made me stop playing and go back to FIFA), EVERY TIME I was through on goal (over TWENTY TIMES in the previous match - I swear on my mother's life), I would literally press the shoot button for as short a time AS POSSIBLE (just a tiny little light tap), and the shot would go MILES over the bar - how are you supposed to win?

But even so, that's one problem (seeing as I'm presuming you could fix the attacking problem via tactics) as opposed to FIFA's collision problem and FIFA's goalkeeper problems (both missing the ball when they could just stand still, and too many spills leading to goals).

Still, I can't see myself regularly playing either game, unfortunately. I still find PES boring, and online it seems like you only get a cheat or an incredible player who you suspect is a cheat. And FIFA, while I prefer this, is a waste of time online because there's more cheats than in any previous game I've played, who are all out to exploit the flaws rather than play football.

But worse, the single-player experience in both isn't good enough; I would rather lick a pensioner's head than play the Master League EVER again, you can only play mates on FIFA in friendles and the career mode uses "points" rather than money, as well as having ridiculous "facility" stats just so that you have something to spend your "points" on.

I'm losing patience with both games, now. I think this is a year for Battlefield 2142 and Splinter Cell\Rainbow Six.

First you love then you hate it ....You're starting to sound like me. i haven't even got the game and you've played the the life out of it already. hope I don't get as quickly bored..

I get the game today and will start with my player attribute editing soon there after

I don't hate it, far from it. If anything I dislike Pro Evo more than FIFA, even though online it has less people only playing for the bugs rather than to play football. FIFA is so free, you can't help but love it. However, the offline modes are so limited you can only really play it online to get any fun out of it, and when you do, you get someone shooting from 30 yards out to exploit a bug, rather than playing anything LIKE good football.

When you play someone from here (e.g. JayD or Kevano), you get an UNPARALLELED game of football. But if you play anyone else, it's just a "whack it forward" fest.

£80+ well spent then Jack :)

I've been reading peoples opinions with interest this year and they seem to be changing daily. That to me is not a sign of a good game(s) - sad really.

My sig still stands :)

Jack Bauer said:
I don't hate it, far from it. If anything I dislike Pro Evo more than FIFA, even though online it has less people only playing for the bugs rather than to play football. FIFA is so free, you can't help but love it. However, the offline modes are so limited you can only really play it online to get any fun out of it, and when you do, you get someone shooting from 30 yards out to exploit a bug, rather than playing anything LIKE good football.

When you play someone from here (e.g. JayD or Kevano), you get an UNPARALLELED game of football. But if you play anyone else, it's just a "whack it forward" fest.

if we connect online. i will play a regualr game of solid football witcha i'm not one of those cheaters

LemonJelly said:
£80+ well spent then Jack :)
Oooh, that's low. :(

You are right, though. I've bought them to play a game of football and neither is really satisfying. I'm glad I've played FIFA because I still do think it's a revolution, and it's not that it's "wearing off" - it really is brilliant, in my eyes. But unfortunately it's got glitches (PES has as well for the record) that a lot of people want to exploit, rather than wanting to play a game of football.

I feel like a game now, I'm looking at the two and I'm stuck. You'll have less cheats in PES but I'll get bored. You'll have freedom of play in FIFA but you'll get people shooting from 30 yards out and quitting five minutes from the end.

"Next-gen football" is this time next year, I think.

I'll see you online sometime, BumperMan; I'll still have the game, don't worry.

Last edited:

Jack Bauer: you really shouldn't be concerned about these lowlife cheaters. They are everywhere, PES/WE or FIFA. Play the people you know. I'm tired of folks just playing as Brazil, AC Milan etc.. I love a good football game with some underdog teams (UEFA Cup style).

I've been reading peoples opinions with interest this year and they seem to be changing daily. That to me is not a sign of a good game(s) - sad really.

Ive been consistent, jack is a bit up/down tbh, maybe he needs meds to keep him stable ;)

I like fifa, for single playermode. I mainly play single player so the managermode is a far better option then masterleague. And besides the niggles, which pes has in equal amount imo, i think its a really good game. Next year will be a good/better year though, hopefully as im sure we said the same last year when pes was announced :(

Oh and online is full of cheats, cant blame the games for that really. Everygame has a bug/glitch but it is the people wanting to cheat that use it. Otherwise you would be left with the most simple foolproof games if you want to eradicate cheating. Like jack said, playing the guys from here its amazingly good.

@Bumperman

I can't seem to find a store that has it yet. What is wrong with stores, the game has a release date of 10/31, yet stores still don't have it today. Have you had any luck (since I know you are in the states)?

deftonesmx17 said:
@Bumperman

I can't seem to find a store that has it yet. What is wrong with stores, the game has a release date of 10/31, yet stores still don't have it today. Have you had any luck (since I know you are in the states)?

EB Games, Best Buy, Gamestop have it on stock on Nov 1st. If you ordered online they ship to you on Oct 31st.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/743/743010p3.html
End portion of review

pretty harsh but hopefully EA listens but overall it make sit sounds like a broken game.

I've played the demo now a lot and am used to the "unfinished and buggy"things and it doesn't mean it's not playable.

It feels fresh and it sure feels like a much more realistic game of soccer than even the current gen fifa.

current gen fifa 07 is very very good,but fifa 07 on 360 is just more like real life.

the editing and the fact that i like the manager modes makes it worthwhile.

Plus i really like to try things out for myself when it comes to sports games.

i'm a odd duck i guess. so many people like NBA 2k7 but i prefer NBA live 07 becuase you can edit it to be a better game. i am hoping the same with fifa 07

deftonesmx17 said:
@Bumperman

Well i have a pre order set and they told me today Nov 1.
I'm going for lunch waiting around until they get it. local area mall and what not.

how about you guys tell me what options are in the online mode?

tournaments, leagues?

thats all i really care about. oh, and the match settings too.

tiktiktiktik said:
Ive been consistent, jack is a bit up/down tbh, maybe he needs meds to keep him stable ;)
Cheers for that *takes an overdose of the meds*...

No seriously, I'm not that bad. I've just played PES online again (I've played it more than FIFA now actually) - something draws you back to it, but this is the game I just played (not a word of a lie but it's up to you who you believe):

Shots 3-26
Shots On Target 2-10
Result 1-0

Yes, that happens in real life. No, it does not happen in every single game. You give Henry an open goal (which I've had several times now). How many times is he going to sky it over the bar? Out of ten times, would he sky it even once? For argument's sake then, once. Even twice. Every time? NO WAY.

It's unplayable. I don't care what you say, it is unplayable. Same as last night; over twenty shots, and every single fucking one goes a mile over the bar. Yeah I'm not great at the game but I'm pressing the button as quickly as is HUMANLY POSSIBLE. If I pressed you on the arm as lightly as I press the shoot button you wouldn't feel ANYTHING. And yet, in PES6, bye bye ball. You hold down the "controlled shot" button as well and it's the exact same thing - apart from, sometimes, it will hit the crossbar or the keeper will stop it from hitting the crossbar.

The actual game is pretty decent (same as PES5, don't care what anyone says), and so you think "well I'll give it one more go". What is the point? Three times in this match I was one-on-one with the keeper, held down "controlled shot", pressed shoot and the ball would have gone over a set of rugby posts, that's how fucking high it goes. I've never been so angry with a game, I really haven't.

If you were angry because of something you did yourself, then great. But not because of a stupid, poorly programmed, lagging, rip-off of a game that makes you miss (or do piss-weak passes) through NO FAULT of your own.

I just want to punch someone, I really fucking do.

FIFA, on the other hand, absolutely craps on PES from a great height online-wise. No lag at all, not even a SNIFF of it. Freedom of play. If you miss, it's your fault. It's a fantastic game (and although I've said I'm getting pissed off with the bugs, never once have I said PES is a better game - because I really, really don't think it is - therefore, my opinion has not changed). It's just that there's no competition, there's no league (I badly want to see one, I'd set one up in here but I know it would be a lot of work and nobody would play) - but worst of all, if you want to proceed through the "rankings", you've got to play all the cheats (i.e. boot it up, pass it to Ronaldinho, shoot from 30 yards out and if you do it often enough the keeper will, apparently, watch the ball go in).

It's the same with every game I suppose - you play Burnout (a game I loved to death), you get yourself in the top 1000, wow. You play your next race against people in the top 100, 200, 500. This'll be good. You start, you try to ram someone off the road and yet you "crash" - they don't. Hmmm, that's odd, must be a bug with the game. You do it again, you "crash" again, they survive again. Because they're downloading something at the same time as playing, the car updates once every second, meaning on your end, the car is still with the brakes on, permanently (apart from the magic static "jumps" every second). So, if you hit them, your game thinks you're hitting a static object, and so you crash, they don't. Then, if they get within a foot of you, you magically crash as well, because of this lag.

Result? I've not played the game again since.

Now, again, I LOVE FIFA 07, and I honestly, hand on heart, think it's a revolution in football game terms. It gives us a level of control never before seen. But if cheats similar to the above inhabit the game, and the only decent games you can get are against friends in friendlies, then, no matter how brilliant it is, it's going to get boring.

PES is addictive, for the reason that you sky 20+ shots over the bar, draw and think "if one of those had gone in, I'd have won - the game is DIRE, but if you could get ONE SHOT to stay on the ground, you'd win - come on, let's do it again". Cue another fifteen minutes of throwing things into the wall and screaming at the top of your voice about what a CRAP, CRAP game it is. 0-0, could have won that if one shot had just... Etc.

FIFA is addictive in a GOOD way, i.e. "this feels fantastic, the players are doing what I'm telling them to, shoot, OHHH, nearly, that's my fault NOT THE CPU'S, what a feeling". But then the addictiveness is cut short when you get a few cheats in a row and it's route-one football to a striker, who's then just hitting it at all angles trying to get access to a bug - which isn't the kind of game I want to be playing.

Battlefield 2142 on the other hand - no bugs to exploit, no lag, does what you want to do, if you miss it's your fault, consistent things to "earn" rather than 1-5 leagues and that's your lot, Punkbuster prevents cheating.

Now there's a thought; why isn't Punkbuster implemented into every game?

jumbo said:
how about you guys tell me what options are in the online mode?

tournaments, leagues?
Lobbies where you can perform ranked or unranked matches, random ranked or unranked matches and that's it. Same as Pro Evo.

"Welcome to next-gen football."

Last edited:

BumperMan said:
Well i have a pre order set and they told me today Nov 1.
I'm going for lunch waiting around until they get it. local area mall and what not.
Nevermind now as I found one!!!! Gamestop that had one!!!!! copy that wasnt reserved. I left work right away and I got that sucker \\:o/

i thought u were over reacting about shots being over but i walked into my housemates rooming playing pes 6, he had an open goal pass squared to him, slowly low, easy tap in, tapped shoot.BOOOOOM smashed straight up in the air, physically impossible! especially with the amoutn of power on, lol.
i love fifa but the goalies really piss me off, free kicks are stupid, if its on target they sprint towards it and get lobbed!

...atleast i know how to play jb online now!:D lol

LOL yeah. I havent witnessed any of these so called cheaters yet. Ive had a few people tryna shoot from really far, keeper saves them all. So after like 20 game mins they stop and try to play a proper game :)

Its really fun online providing you get good opposition, which I do 90% of the time

Jack B, it's a love ~ hate thing with both titles for me, I just can't be bothered typing in all the plus and minus points anymore.. Just about every point has been thrashed out on here.. mostly by you..;)
I can't even bring myself to have a go at the so called "fan boys" of each incarnation, who will still buy and swear they love the things if you only had one player and some cones on a Tesco garage forecourt but you could do the Ronaldo flip flap and their boot logos was fluorescent!!

I love bits of both games and hate or sometimes loathe other bits, but hey I still play SWOS so what do I know...:D

I played 3 online matches.. LAG FREE .. which is good..played some 3 guys that knew the game well..I lost all 3 games.. now for some reason I'm starting to dislike this game alot. Players WON'T fucking move on counter attack.. no matter what setting I use.. my forwards become midfielders..midfielders become defenders.. and defenders are defenders.. I don't know about this game..

Back
Top Bottom