FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh! *looks forward to Call Of Duty 3*

If there was more to do, then I'd never leave the house. I'm still loving it, PES6 plays the game for you whereas you can do what you want in FIFA - which makes online play a REAL breath of fresh air.

Each to his own, though (that might as well go in the sig for the amount of times I've been saying it...)

i think the learning curve is too steep, not for someone willing to give it a go, but for new plaers/ pes players. unless u play sensibly itll be the scrappiest game imaginable, with the ball just bouncing between sprinting players. i dont think ill convert anyone who isnt playing it cos they WANT to like it, like i did.

does anyone find the cpu blasts shots all the time?

has anyone had the cpu shoot from distance?

I've only found that in PES6, as I've complained about a few times in the PES forums... Every shot in FIFA 07 seems perfectly controlled to me... :|

This is getting too weird now, everybody gets a totally different experience for both games, are there 72,000 different versions of the game or something? Are they experimenting on us? :|

i'm getting totally annoyed by the menus, fucked response and so damn hard to read. i hate them.

Just had a quality game with Jack. I got beat to JayD 4-0 (Reading - Wigan) and i was on a downer thinking its all unresponive, although the man JayD must admit himself Chris Kirkland was SHOCKING.

Anyway I got to 70 mins with JB, Spurs (Me) 0 - 0 Charlton

Think im starting to get the hang of passing :)

Cyas all online after MOTD if any of you are still awake ;)

Just played Kevano (EDIT - whoops, pre-empted), Charlton v Tottenham (how many times will you see that on Pro Evo?) - WHAT a game. Again, a different style of football - my desperate passing to his extravagant football. First half was pretty even, second half he was dancing around my defenders (and Berbatov was scaring them all away). I love this game so much, PES doesn't touch it.

(Apart from the fact that "connection ended" appeared twenty minutes from the end, never had that before :eh:)

Jack Bauer said:
Just played Kevano (EDIT - whoops, pre-empted), Charlton v Tottenham (how many times will you see that on Pro Evo?) - WHAT a game. Again, a different style of football - my desperate passing to his extravagant football. First half was pretty even, second half he was dancing around my defenders (and Berbatov was scaring them all away). I love this game so much, PES doesn't touch it.

(Apart from the fact that "connection ended" appeared twenty minutes from the end, never had that before :eh:)

Yeah Jack from what Im hearing down your ISP's end, it was SO scared of Dmitar "The Beast" Berbatov, that your connection just bailed.

Ah well, i cant wait to get back on and either be smashed to the likes of JayD or have a chance at gettin a shot on target against the likes of JB (no offence :))

I think the lobbies are pretty shit, although i spose it does let you get a group of online people together and play against each other :)

Hey guys,

If you play in the manager mode, say as Liverpool, are your home games
at Anfield ?
I noticed on the PS2 version, that it was going to some random stadium.

It is a disappointment, not to have leagues and tournaments in the
X360 version....
I'm now really debating whether to buy an X360, as I'm more of a casual
gamer playing few days a week (Due to job, family)...and I only
play single-player against the CPU....
WE10 was such a disappointment, so I'm considering the X360 and FIFA 07..

Aint started a manager mode yet so I cant confirm the stadium question

If I was you, I'd get yourself xbox live. Then you will enjoy fifa07 a hell of a lot more :)

Sorry lads I had to bail my missus what doing her nut. I was online toooooooooooooooooooooooooo long, this baby is gonna cause some trouble in the Jay D household.

Robbed again?

Maybe. Yesterday I organised a get together with the boys. We ditched the withes and I introduced them to the next gen of soccer: "FIFA 07 for XBOX 360" Woooow! They loved the looks of it and they all agreed on the huge gameplay improvement (we're all PES nuts by the way). So after dinner we decided to kick off a multiplayer home/away league as we always do on PES. Guess what? It wasn't possible. You just CAN'T do it. Not even a single player league which I didn't realize until then. My mates are still laughing at me...

Anyway, I'm honestly over this PES6 / FIFA07 discussion and after last night's episode I've made up my mind: At the end of the day I've spent money on two new soccer games that have left me waiting for their respective next versions. It's clear, 2007 will be the year in which we'll have to go one way or the other.
EA have done their homework and have come up with very good game. A real contender although they've been stingy enough to get me to start thinking of the possible improvements on FIFA 08. Why? Shouldn't I be enjoying a game I just bought a few days ago? Why didn't that happen to me with PES3 or PES4? Do you actually believe EA testers didn't laugh when they saw what they did with Scholes's face on those replays you just can't save?
C'mon.
In the other corner you have Konami, who in my opinion have accepted the challenge by not improving the game enough. Cruising? Yes, but I've got the feeling they know what they're doing.

Next year tips? Well, I think EA will release an excellent FIFA 08 which will be blown away by Konami's PES7. The good thing is that next year I won't feel robbed.

where the shit is international cup mode? i mean seriously E. there's no cup comptition next yer so dont bother releasing a "road to..." game. fucksake.

pepe montoto said:
Robbed again?

Maybe. Yesterday I organised a get together with the boys. We ditched the withes and I introduced them to the next gen of soccer: "FIFA 07 for XBOX 360" Woooow! They loved the looks of it and they all agreed on the huge gameplay improvement (we're all PES nuts by the way). So after dinner we decided to kick off a multiplayer home/away league as we always do on PES. Guess what? It wasn't possible. You just CAN'T do it. Not even a single player league which I didn't realize until then. My mates are still laughing at me...

Anyway, I'm honestly over this PES6 / FIFA07 discussion and after last night's episode I've made up my mind: At the end of the day I've spent money on two new soccer games that have left me waiting for their respective next versions. It's clear, 2007 will be the year in which we'll have to go one way or the other.
EA have done their homework and have come up with very good game. A real contender although they've been stingy enough to get me to start thinking of the possible improvements on FIFA 08. Why? Shouldn't I be enjoying a game I just bought a few days ago? Why didn't that happen to me with PES3 or PES4? Do you actually believe EA testers didn't laugh when they saw what they did with Scholes's face on those replays you just can't save?
C'mon.
In the other corner you have Konami, who in my opinion have accepted the challenge by not improving the game enough. Cruising? Yes, but I've got the feeling they know what they're doing.

Next year tips? Well, I think EA will release an excellent FIFA 08 which will be blown away by Konami's PES7. The good thing is that next year I won't feel robbed.

It's such a shame that FIFA 07 X360 does not have any leagues or cups..
I was so looking forward to simulating a Champions League controlling
multiple teams like I'm doing in my FIFA 07 PS2.
I can't buy PES6 anyway since I'm in the USA.....
So I have the choice of just playing FIFA or WE10 on my PS2, or getting
a X360 and getting FIFA 07, and maybe WE10(usa) both of which are
incomplete games...

So pepe, what's your opinion,....on X360, which is the better game ??
Is it worth getting X360, considering that I only play football games
once in a while...

mathewsss said:
Hey guys,

If you play in the manager mode, say as Liverpool, are your home games
at Anfield ?
I noticed on the PS2 version, that it was going to some random stadium.

It is a disappointment, not to have leagues and tournaments in the
X360 version....
I'm now really debating whether to buy an X360, as I'm more of a casual
gamer playing few days a week (Due to job, family)...and I only
play single-player against the CPU....
WE10 was such a disappointment, so I'm considering the X360 and FIFA 07..
about the stadiums i have the psp version and if you choose a team they have there stadium e.g arsenal - emirates so yeah should be like that for the 360

mathewsss said:
It's such a shame that FIFA 07 X360 does not have any leagues or cups..
I was so looking forward to simulating a Champions League controlling
multiple teams like I'm doing in my FIFA 07 PS2.
I can't buy PES6 anyway since I'm in the USA.....
So I have the choice of just playing FIFA or WE10 on my PS2, or getting
a X360 and getting FIFA 07, and maybe WE10(usa) both of which are
incomplete games...

So pepe, what's your opinion,....on X360, which is the better game ??
Is it worth getting X360, considering that I only play football games
once in a while...

I read that signature before. It's pretty good and I agree on every written word, however, as I like PES series so much I ended up buying it once again. I couldn't help it.
From FIFA 07 I take true next gen graphics, the new passing system (with assistance in 0 it's glorious) and the almost flawless Online play. Manager mode is also better than Konami's Master League.
From PES6 I take the fact that despite its inferior looks, similarity with WE10 and CPU unbearable cheats I can't stop playing it. It plays "different" to any other soccer game. Konami knows it and that's why they can afford to sit back and wait another year while they still make money.
So which one is better? FIFA
Which one I like better? PES
That said, in my opinion FIFA 07 on its own is not worth an Xbox 360 buy.
Neither is PES6.

Last edited:

I just dreampt that i was playing this game already. Woke up and am very dissapointed and want to hibernate now...

pepe montoto said:
I read that signature before. It's pretty good and I agree on every written word, however, as I like PES series so much I ended up buying it once again. I couldn't help it.
From FIFA 07 I take true next gen graphics, the new passing system (with assistance in 0 it's glorious) and the almost flawless Online play. Manager mode is also better than Konami's Master League.
From PES6 I take the fact that despite its inferior looks, similarity with WE10 and CPU unbearable cheats I can't stop playing it. It plays "different" to any other soccer game. Konami knows it and that's why they can afford to sit back and wait another year while they still make money.
So which one is better? FIFA
Which one I like better? PES
That said, in my opinion FIFA 07 on its own is not worth an Xbox 360 buy.
Neither is PES6.

I bought the 360 for fifa World Cup 2006 dude. :(

Question for people who have this game:

In manager mode, if you're playing in one of the leagues,
can you then qualify for the Champions League or UEFA cup
and play in it during the season ?
Also is there a domestic cup during the season.....?

Yes, you can qualify for Champions League etc. (if you start out as e.g. Chelsea you're already in it), and yes there is one domestic cup competition (not two, which there are in real life).

Wow.. online is flawless in this game compared to the ridiculously easy single player mode where an oposition team usually fails to get a shot in against me.

Just had a great 2-2 draw with someone (Valencia v Barca) and I lost on penalties. We should get an EvoWev league going.

EvoWev, is that a new game mode (like EvoWeave, all about dribbling or something)?

...Oh wait, the V's right next to the B... Duh.

;)

Noted said:
Wow.. online is flawless in this game compared to the ridiculously easy single player mode where an oposition team usually fails to get a shot in against me.

Just had a great 2-2 draw with someone (Valencia v Barca) and I lost on penalties. We should get an EvoWev league going.

Yes same here. The cpu is a joke. EvoWeb League will be awesome!

hii..

i have few questions...

in the full version of the game...

Can u save the replay's??
Is there a Trick stick ??
How Is The fan's sound same as the demo??

sorry for my bad english..

bye

Ive played about 8 games online now, 3 of them where definately from UK dunno where the rest where from, I think ive had a german and a Spaniard, havent had lag once.

Back
Top Bottom