FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Cheers Jack, just edited the settings for the Central defenders to Low and the attacking options for a few and it seems to play a much more realistic game.

Someone should do that (possibly make a guide) for the teams in the game and which settings work best, it'd really add some more replay value to the game.

I find it more fun to learn a team's strengths and weaknesses, the reason I love Football Manager to death, rather than be told what they are... But saying that, I know that my dad and my nephew just want to sit down and play football rather than figure out what style of play suits them best.

I'd do a guide but I only ever play as English teams... I'm terrible like that. I'd rather watch Charlton v Portsmouth than Barcelona v Real Madrid... I don't even know why, to tell you the truth. I've never watched 90 minutes of a foreign match, but I've watched 90 minutes of a Conference North game (i.e. 22 men kicking the shit out of eachother). :eh:

Sorry, I'm rambling, I'll take my pills now.

Jack Bauer said:
I find it more fun to learn a team's strengths and weaknesses, the reason I love Football Manager to death, rather than be told what they are... But saying that, I know that my dad and my nephew just want to sit down and play football rather than figure out what style of play suits them best.

I'd do a guide but I only ever play as English teams... I'm terrible like that. I'd rather watch Charlton v Portsmouth than Barcelona v Real Madrid... I don't even know why, to tell you the truth. I've never watched 90 minutes of a foreign match, but I've watched 90 minutes of a Conference North game (i.e. 22 men kicking the shit out of eachother). :eh:

Sorry, I'm rambling, I'll take my pills now.

As opposed to 22 men falling over at the slighest touch. ;)

The final game is a lot better than the demo but I doubt I'll be playing it much at all. Another game has my 360 drive on reserve for a year.

JayM, I know you love Barbie Horse Adventures, but come on, you've got to branch out and try different things...

The one with the ponys? Yeah.8)

Jack, I'll be using the 48 free trial that came with this game later/tomorrow, any chance I can add you and play you on Live?

Last edited:

I didn't know Tranmere were in it!

(OKAY, I'm going to bed now, I SWEAR)

Has anyone else had to keep downloading the rosters when they play a game online, i have to do it for every game i play, its getting on my tits now

You need to sign into the EA servers and agree their terms to get that lot :)

ripkord said:
I meant fifa from last year, you seem to be stuck on "my game is better than your game" mode mate, I honestly dont give a shit, by tomorrow I'll have them both :rolleyes:
So if 06 wasnt last years game then what was? And what does me pointing out your own contradiction have to do with "my game is better than yours"? :roll:

Last edited:

djdoc360 said:
um pro evo is awesome??... oh yeah you like CPU assisted football where the CPU does it all for you... and badly sometimes! it cheats as well... Have you actually played PES6? ive got it on 360 and I think it feels clumsy and flimsy...

FIFA = Realism and good this time around.

Sorry man have to disagree with you on this one, FIFA is no longer shit!

DJ

yeh of course ive played it, ive played fifa as well and i think it is shit, very shit, pro evo is awesome, u must be blind, but u are entitled to like what u want, i just cannot understand how people can like the fifa more than pro evo

lazandreas said:
yeh of course ive played it, ive played fifa as well and i think it is shit, very shit, pro evo is awesome, u must be blind, but u are entitled to like what u want, i just cannot understand how people can like the fifa more than pro evo

Ooooh, I dunno. Maybe it's something called a difference of opinion?

Same reason you think PES6 is the dog's bollocks. People won't agree on everything, learn to live with it.

Bagsy Liverpool if they havent been chosen (I think Jack chose them).

If so, I'll go Aston Villa :D

I'll take Man United then, if they're still available.

Any chance I can be included in this when my ISP switches? I played my mate (due to me still being on Tiscali) a few days back and it D/C'd 3 times in 5 or 6. Should be sorted in the next few weeks.

I'll say my Gamertag when I switch to BT, AKA when everythings sorted. :)

OK Lads tonight at 9pm we will try and set up an evo web lobby where we can hang and play each other. Password will be evoweb. Let me know if your up for it?

Yep, I'm up for that. Although I've got a brain like a sieve with a hole in, so apologies if I'm not there.

Kevano, I did say Liverpool, but with you being an actual Liverpool supporter it's not really fair on you. I'll go Aston Villa, no problemo - let's go Martin O'Neill :)

I played against Djdoc360... The ref was so damn dumb :S He give me 2 cheap penaltys and after that Djdoc360 scipt the game haha

how extensive is the edit mode e.g. can you create a whole new team as i want to make celtic.
also ordered off play.com on wednesdeay says it was posted on thursday when should i expect to get it ?

Last edited:

You can create players from scratch, which is fairly extensive, and you can then transfer them all to wherever you want, but you can't create a new team, rename teams or change their kits, presumably due to licensing reasons (same in PES).

I might get this just to play you guys online - can someone tell me if it's as laggy as that piece-o-shit PES6 on Live? I can't hack that game on live, despite what Konami say about patches etc, it will always play bad online so I need a good footy game for Live and SOON!

El Diego said:
I might get this just to play you guys online - can someone tell me if it's as laggy as that piece-o-shit PES6 on Live?
El Diego said:
(personally I feel that PES6 shits all over FIFA from a great height)
Get out of mah thread. You ain't welcome here no more. :ram:

(Not had a laggy game on Live yet though, the worst I've seen is two "jumps" per half)

I still prefer PES6 as a whole, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a decent game online and I hear that FIFA is lag-free online. I can just about stomach poor keepers' and players that resemble wrestlers rather than footballers online!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack Bauer said:
You can create players from scratch, which is fairly extensive, and you can then transfer them all to wherever you want, but you can't create a new team, rename teams or change their kits, presumably due to licensing reasons (same in PES).

thanks slightly dissapointed but better than nothing i suppose .
just have to find a new team for a year

The thing is NOW Fifa and PES REALLLY play differeent games. the current gen fifa 07 is really easy to pick up becuaase it mimics everything winning eleven 8 had and just gives it that Fifa spin on it.

Now when i go and play even fifa 07 on the xbox then go play the demo it's really two different games completely nothing feels the same only SOME of the button layout.

I can't wait to get fifa 07 because i will be ediiting it to be a better game for ALL.

On default this game takes tooo long to get used to. NO game should take that long. Every game has a learning curve but the learning curve should not detract from what your fun is. this game is a challange i plan on Amateur and shit Semi pro against ANY higher rated teams is murder on my ass.

I want my edits to reflect a quick and easy transistion from what all of us know here...Winning Eleven.

I seriously think if you alter the game to make it more like Winning Eleven then you might as well play Winning Eleven; the game's difficulty curve reflects getting to know a real-life team's strength and weaknesses, any alteration to this would make it less realistic for the sake of making the game more arcadey, in my opinion.

But whatever floats your boat!

guys n00b question here: since i recently bought xbox 360 premium bundle and really don't have much experience with all this XBOX Live thing here's what I need to know. XBOX Live SILVER is free and GOLD is not. What is the difference btw those two. With regular xbl silver I can also play online for free right ? or am I wrong..

Also, can I play guys from Europe and other regions or only USA since I reside in USA. Thx!

Im enjoying the learning curve, which is a hard one. But its better then being the best after a week or 2 on pes and then just boring your way to 6* treble wins in the ML. Havent been able to play it today, and am missing it. That hasnt happend for ages with most games ive played, only HL2 was one i was looking forward to each day.

The more I play FIFA the more i'm put off it. I'm actually starting to find FIFA less responsive to controls than PES, the lack of proper heading is awful, the fact players can whizz past other players so easily, the ball pinging around while players just stand and stare at it wondering what to do with it, online mode where everyone races to be Barcelona before the other person, the defenders who don't seem to be able to mark half-decently and the keepers who are rubbish up close but are superman from anywhere more than 10ft away pulling off saves which they never catch and always parry. Anyway, rant over. FIFA isn't as good as I initially thought and I'm starting to sway back to PES now.

Back
Top Bottom