FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

I still think you guys are just thinking you like Fifa more because of Pro Evo's lack of features.. so you almost feel like you HAVE to like it. I dont think its bad at all. In fact I think its great. But it still has the same problem of feeling too similar with whatever team or player you play as.

I still think it will always be PES for me. I'm having so much fun playing PES6.. every match and goal is different.

deftonesmx17 said:
Why are you trying to contradict yourself now as all you were saying earlier was how much it felt like WC2006.................

Do you remember saying either of those? :lmao:

I meant fifa from last year, you seem to be stuck on "my game is better than your game" mode mate, I honestly dont give a shit, by tomorrow I'll have them both :rolleyes:

Noted said:
I still think it will always be PES for me. I'm having so much fun playing PES6.. every match and goal is different.
Of all of the matches I've played on it (20 or so now), every match has been the same. All of the players squeezed together, unable to string more than three passes together because I could piss harder than they kick, the CPU putting your passes where it WANTS them to go, not where YOU want them to go, every shot ballooning over the bar, 0-0, 0-0 after extra time, penalties.

I'll stick with a FIFA game where the last five results have been 0-1, 2-1, 3-2, 0-0, 1-0 thank you. Enjoy your game.

I havent had a draw yet, you must be rubbish :p

In all seriousness I'm loving pes6, but then again I'm not all the fussy, although the online lag at corners and stuff is a bit annoying... hopefully patchable.... :)

I like aspects of fifa, and always will, like the presentation, graphics, commentary and that news-online thingy looks nice, please god let this be a return to form for EA...

But it still has the same problem of feeling too similar with whatever team or player you play as.

Really? Ive noticed the difference in teams during the challenge mode, how arsenal are really nice to pass about with, how manu are good on the wings, how the mexicans really need to have a slower pace and how liverpool can hardly keep possesion the way arsenal can. There will be a bit of wishfull thinking going on, but atm its very little for me. I can accept the niggles as i think the whole package is a worthy buy. I know pes isnt a worthy buy, its a 50% complete game, even if it is a good one.

Jack, calm down, I'm not someone like csaunders.. I'm not a Pro Evo fanboy you should know that. How can you say shots balloon over? I find it fine and can easily do low shots. About the pass power.. I dont understand what you mean. All of my passes seem fast and they go exactly where I want them to. I love the goalies animations aswell and the shooting feels less floaty than Fifa though.

I still think Fifa has way better presentation and graphics even though I think the players look like apes. Choose Henry for the Arena and just look at him and tell me that he doesn't have the body of an ape. The player models in PES are much more realistic as well as the faces.

Fifa is getting there though..

Noted said:
Jack, calm down, I'm not someone like csaunders.. I'm not a Pro Evo fanboy you should know that.
I don't think he is either, I just don't agree with how you see PES, that's all. I'm not SHOUTING at anyone :D I'm just saying I don't like the game, at all.

Noted said:
How can you say shots balloon over? I find it fine and can easily do low shots.
Every single shot that I've had (admittedly I've only managed about two per game because of the fact that every single pass is cut-out) has ballooned over the bar. I've been away from the defence, I have TAPPED the button, barely breathed on it, and the shot has left the stadium.

Noted said:
About the pass power.. I dont understand what you mean.
How convenient... ;) Everybody else seems to, even the guys who like the game. You press pass, you point where you want it to go. He hits such a slow, slow ball, that the CPU can just run along and grab it. You have very little choice to pass to because every single man is being pressured, because the pitch is so small. So not only will the defence win the ball 99% of the time, the passes don't even go as hard as you need them to (and you have no control whatsoever over how hard you hit it). Therefore, you can't do any decent build-up play and the best passes are usually totally stuffy.

Noted said:
I still think Fifa has way better presentation and graphics even though I think the players look like apes. Choose Henry for the Arena and just look at him and tell me that he doesn't have the body of an ape. The player models in PES are much more realistic as well as the faces.
I really couldn't give a monkeys (get it? "Henry looks like an ape", monkeys... I'm lost on you people). Graphics-wise I really don't care, although saying that, how anyone can look at PES from a distance and say it doesn't look like a Pixar film I don't know. I'd rather my players looked ape-like than like Action Man.

You like what you like though, I'm not delibrately trying to be an arsehole (honestly, I swear, I swear on my mother's life). I'm just giving my opinion. I've given PES6 more than a fair chance, and it's not improved in my eyes. There's no realism in the game any more.

lugnut said:
meh dont worry about him he's american north korea will take care of him tick tick BOOM \\:o/
That's a bit strong mate; besides, we're America's biggest allies, I've got a feeling it would be us blown up before them...

Jack Bauer said:
I'm just saying I don't like the game, at all.

Over and over and over again....

And explaining why, each time, and waiting in-case someone says "well actually if you do this or that or configure this tactic like this then you'll not have a problem". I'm not going out of my way to hate the game.

You'd think I was fucking evil or something.

Jack, if you only manage two shots per game... you're not playing right.

You've been brainwashed by a secret subliminal code in the FIFA07 demo and you forgot how to play PES... :D

We know one thing for sure...

fifa 08
NBA Live 08
madden 08

will be good in 07

That aside...NEVER trust EA
and never believe Konami

both are companies that end up putting out the game THEY want not the ones the fans want.

I just wanna get my copy of Fifa 07 now you guys are just lucky enough to play it like it love or hate it complain about it

HulkWogan said:
Both shit, back to PES5 pc.

What you gonna do when the Hulkamanic runs wild on you?

Now run along.

So, tday i have tested both Games Eas Fifa 07 for the 360 and Konamis PES6 for The360!

Firt i have read in Germans favorite Gamesmag MAN!IAC the Scores:

PES6 88% for the 360

Pes6 for PS2 unbelivable 93% ( they must be crazy)

Fifa 07 X-Box360 83%

my first look over the Pes360 Version is after 10 matches, thats not next Gen, its an polished PS2 port, with very bad Gameplay and graphics from the current gen X-box.... they can do it better!

Fifa graphics are top, the Game looks beautifull and really next gen! it looks better than PES6, and Gameplay is good(they can do it also better)!
In the new Fifa for the 360 you have to learn shooting! but gameplay is fluid and the pitches, stadiums, crowd are awesome!

For me the scores are:

Fifa 07 on 360: 85%

PES6 on 360:80%

Sorry Konami that is not next Gen, without editor, bad Graphics for next gen.....and an unbelievable Fu**ng Gameplay!

I have decided and i have buy an new x-box 360 with FIFA07 its not The top footigame, but best Fifagame ever seen! It is hard to believe tha a person like me who plays Konami soccer Games from the beginning, now i have bought my first FIFA and i hope other people will do the same, to show Konami how sick they are giving us a bad Next gen Port!!!!:(

i'd say it does look washed out, and the shadows on the stamford bridge pitch at night are ridiculous, looks like theres trees infront of the floodlights! its frustrating me, it could be a gorgeous engine but for me none of the pitchs look like 3pm on a saturday, they either look washed out/grey/yellow or wierd shadows!
and why no weather! :(.....and dusk at the nou camp!? wha!?? the match presentation of fifa 2006 on the ps2 which i had was absolutely perfect, all lighting etc was exactly right, im less happy with this! :(

lol.

can't stop whingeing!wanna enjoy it again!

hmm...I'm guess the mainstream media are realising that the new PES is not that amazing afterall:
check out what the BBC (arguably the mainstream of the mainstream?) has to say about PES - they weren't too impressed.

I'm thinking that Seabass and co are getting a bit muddled up with this one. PES3, WE6:FE and the ISS Pro Evolution series on the PS2 were definitely the highlights. Since then, they have seriously gone downhill. They are still good though (such was the quality of the earlier ISS's) but that's not good enough.

I thought FIFA07 was ok...it had a lotta refreshing parts but given the choice, I'll still go with the PES as FIFA still has some fundamental flaws.

All in all, we haven't got much choice at the moment....they are both a bit cack. For the first time in ages, I'm actually not bothered about getting any (let alone PES) football game at launch (I got Splinter Cell instead) :(

In all honesty I'm (kind of) in agreement with your last sentence there... I love FIFA, I really do, and I'll never understand people who think PES6 is realism in any form; but Football Manager is so engrossing, it just captures me and I'm stuck for the rest of the year trying to get Tranmere to do anything. In-fact, Battlefield 2142 (which I originally bought for the girlfriend as she loves the series) has become a big hit with me as well.

My current schedule is Battlefield for a few hours, FM for a few hours, FIFA if I can fit it in, and then bed (I've got TWO 360 Tom Clancy games here that I've only played for five minutes between them).

FIFA will get a good bashing on the weekend though, I think.

Jack, care to help on the defence tactics issue? is it something you can change and it does it atuomatically or do you have to enable in whilst in game? I mean i've seen the options, just not sure how you mean to utilise them.

Last edited:

ok, sorry for the pendulum swing in opinions, but just played newcastle charlton for tomorrow, martins hit the bar with a diving header off a cross after 2 mins, bounced back and hreidarsson clumsily walked it straight into the back of the net...was a little bit disappointed about the idiotic defending (have kinda seen it before ...cos of these new physics!) and then rossis reckless challenge after 15mins got him sent off so a fraught 75 mins of defending and counter attacking, held on for a 1-0......absolutely loved it!

now am desperate for an online league, even if we have have to organise it ourselves. shotgun newcastle! was tempted to start a new thread cos i wanted to start it tonight but ive got lots of work on....and borats on jonathan ross! :D

about the weather i think ive realised it seems washed out and grey cos every day game in england is really gloomy skies...wanna play on a sunny day! :)

anyway, anyone wants to sort teams , put me down for newcastle :)

just put down what teams people want and we'll try and get it sorted. jb whenever ur online, and jay, ur either not playing fifa or playing someone else!
....must get back to work!

Well it seems like we'll have to pop back to the old-gen for decent footie games.....I love the new FIFA07(360), but it dont touch WE10 or PES6 on the PS2/PC...so ill be going to them for my true online experience.

Saying that though I have enjoyed no lag with FIFA07 & PES6(360) I cant even get a game.....f**cking Sh*te..

When my PES6 for the PC arrives and it proves a better game in near hi-def on my PC monitor then Im considering trading in PES6(360) for Tiger Woods 07 (360)....I like the thought of online rounds of golf and tournys....has anyone played TW07 (sorry for off topic and i'll continue over PM's)...

Still gotta agree with JB....FIFA is king (for the moment)

On another topic....I payed £100 for the two games in GAME. The very next day PES6 was dropped by £10...ggrrr....lucky all the money was in vouchers saved from my birthday....The high street sucks and online will take over. Soon GAME will go out of business in 20 years unless they rethink their long-term stratagy to compete.....Has anyone seen the PC downloads they are offering...utter shite and nothing you cannot already find if your savvy enough.... sorry for the rant!

RIk

I know it's a gay thing to say, but it's nice to see some people agreeing so I know that I'm not going mad. Cheers soundgarden32, and tiktiktiktik, and deftones, and DJ (even though he's banned at the moment), and paddyknight (GET THIS ONLINE LEAGUE STARTED MOFO!! :D).

BumperMan said:
How mnay hrs have you put into fifa 07 jack?
The demo was played pretty much every day for between 1-3 hours. The full game I received on Thursday, played it online for an hour and offline for three hours, and today I've played it offline for three hours and PES6 for an hour trying to understand how on earth it's supposed to be realistic. Man, I swear, if you don't play PES for a few months, then you play FIFA 07, then you play PES6, it's like going from XBOX 360 to the Atari. This game is going to keep me entertained for the year, I don't care what anybody says.

I've played, and loved, the gameplay of every single PES (boring game modes or not). This one is just totally, totally fucked. Although if you play PES every day, and in PES6 you play as Real Madrid or Brazil, I can see how you might not notice.

STG said:
Jack, care to help on the defence tactics issue? is it something you can change and it does it atuomatically or do you have to enable in whilst in game? I mean i've seen the options, just not sure how you mean to utilise them.
Play Football Manager, you'll soon get into it! ;) Tactically the game is great this year; almost to the point of "I've bought this to get AWAY from Football Manager, not to get even more tactical!" ;)

It doesn't "automatically" change, but there's some stuff you can do in-game rather than on the tactics menu (the second and third paragraph below this).

If you want your defenders to stop backing off then you can do several things. First of all I'd switch man-marking on - either on each defender, or just the central two (if you're playing a team with good wingers, I'd mark them; if you're playing a team with AMAZING wingers, e.g. Man Utd, I wouldn't mark them because they'll just dance around your wing-backs, unless they're very strong).

If that doesn't do enough for you, holding down LT enables the defensive-tactics switches; meaning, if you hold down LT and press a direction on the D-PAD, you get defensive tactical options. Right on the D-PAD during the game switches on "high defensive line", which will obviously make them play further up (GREAT for offside traps - even better for use online against that wanker who just hammers through pass through pass through pass, the groans I've heard when using this against them).

Also, pressing LT and left on the D-PAD switches your defenders to play deep, pressing LT and up gets your defenders and wingers trying to block the wings (great for online opponents who use wing-play a lot - but only when used conservatively, it leaves gaps, obviously), and pressing LT and down does the opposite; makes your defenders and midfielders scrunch together, forcing opponents down the wings (which is great if your opponent's crosses are always awful, or if their wingers are awful).

Finally, you can alter their defensive options, from low to high, but I've found high makes them run back, low makes them more adventurous and likely to tackle for the ball rather than fear it. It depends on the players though, the more adventurous players seem to go "fuck you", although I swear (I'm probably wrong, but still) after making a HORRENDOUS mistake and letting Robbie Keane score, my central defender stopped coming forward and trying to be a smartarse.

If you're really desperate, you could switch the "attacking options" on your wing backs off; that way they'll stay put. But if you play wing-football a lot, this will give you less chances to implement your strategies.

Last edited:

I love this game!

I installed PES6 for the PC and played 2 games then promptly uninstalled it. It felt crap compared to FIFA 07 360

Sorry Konami, you f***ed up this year and lost a lot of fans!

paddyknight said:
ok, sorry for the pendulum swing in opinions, but just played newcastle charlton for tomorrow, martins hit the bar with a diving header off a cross after 2 mins, bounced back and hreidarsson clumsily walked it straight into the back of the net...was a little bit disappointed about the idiotic defending (have kinda seen it before ...cos of these new physics!) and then rossis reckless challenge after 15mins got him sent off so a fraught 75 mins of defending and counter attacking, held on for a 1-0......absolutely loved it!

now am desperate for an online league, even if we have have to organise it ourselves. shotgun newcastle! was tempted to start a new thread cos i wanted to start it tonight but ive got lots of work on....and borats on jonathan ross! :D

about the weather i think ive realised it seems washed out and grey cos every day game in england is really gloomy skies...wanna play on a sunny day! :)

anyway, anyone wants to sort teams , put me down for newcastle :)

just put down what teams people want and we'll try and get it sorted. jb whenever ur online, and jay, ur either not playing fifa or playing someone else!
....must get back to work!

Bagsy Arsenal.

Lets at least get a little Evo Web round robin going tomorrow, we can set up a password protected evo web lobby and get a few of us in there, should be a laugh. This game just gets better, even when I get beat online I still enjoy it.

TheWolf said:
I love this game!

I installed PES6 for the PC and played 2 games then promptly uninstalled it. It felt crap compared to FIFA 07 360

Sorry Konami, you f***ed up this year and lost a lot of fans!

Hey Wolf, where did u get it in the USA ?
I'm waiting till next week...

JayD said:
Lets at least get a little Evo Web round robin going tomorrow, we can set up a password protected evo web lobby and get a few of us in there, should be a laugh.
I would suggest the password being "pes6ispoo", but that would be childish, wouldn't it? :D

Back
Top Bottom