FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Not sure if its been asked, but does anyone have any super fast way of earning points to spend in the Fan Zone section?

Im starting to get the hang of the game. The animations are breathtaking :shock:

Jack, in a month's time, (when i get back from thailand ;)), we'll see what your opinion is like.

PES's faults are evident to everyone because we've played it to death. And keep on playing. You still have a lot of faults to find in FIFA.

Anyway, i wish you enjoy both games. And that's it. :)

fifa was rubbish took it back after a night on 360 to slow not as addictive as pes

deftonesmx17 said:
Um.......please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought in PES5 there was a "more controlled" shot with pressing R2. You kicked it with the inside of your foot or something. I have not played PES5 for quite some time, been playing other games the past few months.

yeh you are correct, but that r2 shot in we10 didnt work as good as in fifa 07(currentgen) i mean, sometimes evan when you shot pressing the r2 button the player would try a powerful shot other than a placed one, not to mention that the ball would make a unrealistc curve, bending the wrong side, just pay attention and you'll see this.... in fifa 07 pc, when you use the "finnes shot"(i configured as the r2 in my ps2 pad) the player really tries to place the shot you can see that the ball bends like it should. its just beaultifull!! i just hope the same can be done in the 360 version without the gk accepting every finnes shot like noted said. casue that would ruin the game(at least for me).

and @ jbauer, i am with you 100% in your ideasabout WE series, as beeing a WE series fan since WE3 psone, i can tell you that what really dissived konami from the right pacth was the fusion between konami tokyo(WE developers) and konami osaka(nintendo 64 International super star soccer developers)...that really was when konami lost its focus. i bet anyone here that was a psone WE fan will agree that in terms of realism and gameplay core the oldest WE psone were much richier than those last versions!
and to resume jbauer, this season i am sad(cause i thought konami were the real deal) to say iam becoming a fifa player, casue i am having much more fun with fifa07 pc than i ever had with we10 ps2. so thats why i am so fired up to try out fifa 07 360.
i aint a fanboy, neither for fifa or for pes, im only gonna play the game that i fell is more realistic nomatter what brand it comes with!

ps. please if you guys can post any teasing screens or videos would be really cool! specially for people like me that are about to get the game. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

grabbedframe51uv7.jpg

I'll get some more tomorrow, request people. I'm not gonna' guess at who.

Guys, can we get some videos of the actual gameplay....maybe a few minutes
of an exciting match which shows the passing and shooting without the
passing-assistance and without auto-switching....

So, guys in the UK, how's FIFA 07 ? I'm in the US, and I am really thinking of getting the XBOX 360 for FIFA 07....I don't have much
hopes on PES6 (aka WSWE10 in the USA next year) for X360...

deftonesmx17 said:
@brunnoce

I knew I remembered that shot...........probably forgot about it since I barely ever used it since it didnt work very well like you said.:lol:

yeh...thats my point...in pes(we10) the "placed shots" just didnt work properly! and evan in fifa07 current gen they work like it should! so i just hope when i get my hands on fifa 07 360 they will work like the real thing!

and guys you can argue with me about any aspect of PES , specially cause i know them all...i meAN, ive been playing this series since WE3, so please dont tell me you thin the R2 shot is a placed shot with the correct curve like it should be...PLEASE lets forget the brand fidelity(fanboyism) for a moment and lets analise both games with an neutrum way of thinking...
whe i do this, myself, i get to the conclusion that evan fifa07 pc is more realistic than we10 ps2, althoug its sad for me to admitt that a FIIFA GAME is better than a PES game, specially because of so many years following konami realises, i must say that EA really nailled it time...i mean, they really got the same level of"CORE GAMPLAY" as konami this season... AT LEAST IN MY OPINION, AGAIN, I MUST SAY, I AM NOT TRIENG TO CONVICE ANYONE TO PLAY FIFA!, I AM JUST POSTING WHAT I AM THINKING!

Got the game yesterday and it's great. I had given up on Fifa but this turned it all around again. One thing though, why the hell is Materazzi not in the Inter Milan squad?!

Zidane was on board with making the game? notice the resemlance with the headers in the game? Zidane mo-capped it!

.....Bleh.

I am so glad I bought this yesterday! I was off work and went to gamestation on the off chance that they would have it and they did! this is better than the demo, I quite simply love this! I bought PES6 too and whilst its ok it still feels indifferent and stiff and CPU assisted compared to this masterpiece from EA! wow! I cant believe im saying this about a FIFA game after so many years of saying "Same Old Shit" Christ when danhammer originally asked for FIFA 07 info a long while ago I instantly said "whats the point? it will be a slightly tweaked version of the lifeless WC06" how wrong was I? I take back all them comments!

I cant see why anyone wouldnt like this game, perserveer, learn the game and use Manual Passing and you will play some very realistic football!

DJ

@ jack bauer

i was regarding the cpu hitting the post as opposed to you and me. as you say i have yet to hit the post

Anyone else think the through-ball is a bit too effective and facing very fast players it's far too hard for the defender to keep track of a forward once the ball is played?

Snoop, ive had very little joy with the through ball actually, only once has Saha latched onto one (after I brought him on as a sub and he was fresher than the opposing defence) but he didnt score lol!

DJ

mattdefoe said:
fifa was rubbish took it back after a night on 360 to slow not as addictive as pes

mate your talking rubbish, well of course you are your a spurs fan

lol all this FIFA is rubbish etc... not this time my friends! its actually a good game this rime around!

DJ

This morning I had the best game ever online, the best online game of footy I'v eever played and I lost 3-2 but the football we both played was great and I lost to an own goal but it didn't matter. Online this effort by EA is amazing, so many lag free games its unbelievable. Well done EA, now sort out the single player content you @@@@s. LOL. I'm happy I chose this over PES.

I got the game yesterday. I love it. BUT, whenever i try to access an XBL feature, it says "connecting to ea servers......." ...... "you must be signed into an XBL account to use this feature"

WTF

someone help me please :(

I even had private chat on with a mate tryna join his game and it said i wasnt signed in WTFFFFF

i had a game against my 11 year old cousin last night, he has fifa 07 for the ps2. He hammerd me with chelsea, i was Deportivo.

I won 2-0 though ;) he just couldnt hit the target with drogba :D

Is it better than the demo, because bar some minor improvements 07 was the exact same as WC2006 and I have that? I played PES6 last night and then FIFA, fifa still feels too 'floaty' for want of a better word and the elastic players that can wrap their foor around a shot no matter what way they are facing look shit in replays sometimes :(

I'm not a fanboy as I said I have FIFA WC2006 and PES6.

Some Q's that might help me decide whether or not to get this game...

What does RB do? does it slow the pace like it does in wc2006? I liked that

can you actually make a difference to the camera angles with the slider bars in the menu or does it look the same no matter what?

can you do tricks?

can you still get from box to box in 2 seconds witha good player?

does shooting actually sound like shooting or is it still a silent missile ball?

Cheers :P

^^Snoop^^ said:
Anyone else think the through-ball is a bit too effective and facing very fast players it's far too hard for the defender to keep track of a forward once the ball is played?
As incredible as I think the game is I do agree with this. You play PES6 where you're not allowed to do anything (that the CPU wants you to do), and then you play FIFA 07 and every through-ball seems to make it through.

JayD said:
This morning I had the best game ever online, the best online game of footy I'v eever played and I lost 3-2 but the football we both played was great and I lost to an own goal but it didn't matter. Online this effort by EA is amazing, so many lag free games its unbelievable. Well done EA, now sort out the single player content you @@@@s. LOL. I'm happy I chose this over PES.
Isn't it incredible though? I keep reading all of the posts about how much "PES6 has improved", I stick it in and after five minutes I'm laughing my head off. People are so used to an unrealistic football game that they're never going to buy anything else, thinking that because the players now take even longer to respond and stand still when you pass that it's "amazing".

This is the best football game I've ever played (along with Football Manager - I couldn't put one ahead of the other at the moment).

ripkord said:
Is it better than the demo, because bar some minor improvements 07 was the exact same as WC2006 and I have that?
There are only minor improvements in the full game. However, it plays nothing like a previous FIFA so I don't know how you can make that comparison...

ripkord said:
What does RB do? does it slow the pace like it does in wc2006? I liked that
Yep, RB is pace control.

ripkord said:
can you actually make a difference to the camera angles with the slider bars in the menu or does it look the same no matter what?
You have four camera angles, you can't alter the zoom or height etc.

ripkord said:
can you do tricks?
Yes, they take a long time to learn but they're very effective. Very realistic.

ripkord said:
can you still get from box to box in 2 seconds witha good player?
No, but I never thought that you could... The defence backs off a lot, but you can change their style of play if you don't want your defenders to do the same.

ripkord said:
does shooting actually sound like shooting or is it still a silent missile ball?
Play it with the headphones on, you hear everything, including players screaming about tackles occasionally (although I admit I think the crowd noise and post noise in PES6 is better).

Last edited:

Take a look at the answers I've edited in above and feel the burn baby. ;)

cool cheers, I dont think you gave wc2006 enough of a chance, its not all that different to be honest, apart from the animations and perhaps improved ball physics. I'll play the demo some more but at this moment in time I *think* I prefer PES although its not as night and day as it was before I'll admit.

Anybody know where I can be head in the right direction when the system is telling me im not signed into an xbox live account when i try to access xbox live stuff?

I dunno what to do :(

On a brighter note ive got my NAT set to open now, so technically i should be able to enjoy the xbox live experience more with my new router.

mattdefoe said:

same here took mine back yesterday fifa shit cameras looks ok but did not like it
always got replays when i missed goal but if keeper saves never ever got a replay

Back
Top Bottom