FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

LMAO, thats so realistic, all you need is terry shouting towards the ref in the background; :"Fekin hell ref, come on!"

paddyknight, only for a few seconds, unless your router needs rebooting.

Go here - http://www.portforward.com/ - click "Common Ports", click "XBConnect" (which isn't XBOX Live but is a good example), find your router, read the instructions and then make the changes needed - EXCEPT change the port number from 8602 (not required) to the following: 88 (UDP) AND 3074 (TCP\UDP). It's a bit difficult but it makes the WORLD of difference, I couldn't play on XBOX Live until I did this.

STG, the realism is astounding :D

Jack and others with this probelm, I have no problems with heading the ball.......I wonder what I am doing different than others who can't seem to get players to score headers. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Off-topic sorta:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/742/742005p1.html

What the fuck is wrong with IGN UK this year? First they have that pathetic FIFA 360 review and now the PES6 360 review is even more pathetic. Jesus, they need to hire some people who know how to review a game and fire the dumbasses that did those two reviews. :roll:

Milanista said:
So JB... you're jeopardizing my decision... pay for PES6 or FIFA???? My 360 is back next weekend...!!
PES6 all the way purely on gameplay basis, which IMO is the most important thing.

Uh oh, I think this threads gone the way of the FIFA 07 demo impressions one. Tiktik's posts the last one I can see.

Or not. :/

Its not important as it was off-topic anyways, but I was just commenting on the pathetic job that IGN UK has done on both the FIFA 360 review and now the even shorter and even worse PES6 360 review. Seriously, they need to get some people who know how to properly review a game to redo both the FIFA and PES6 reviews so they can be proper reviews.......

@ Jack and others that have a problem heading on goal, I don't seem to have any issue with heading at goal(I'm still playing the demo but as I see it most of you talked about this in the demo also)............I wonder what we are doing differently????????

Last edited:

just to say, the post and bar thing hasnt been sorted atall. me and my mate played and my shot smashed the bar and just bounced onto the top of the not, he went 'what did that hit!?' i embarrasedly stayed queit knowing exactly what it was! and adriano boomed one off the post v me and it rolled back into the area

:(

beginning to enjoy it much more as have started to stop sprinting constantly! had forgotten how to play it! enjoy the commentary more now, and tried to do a pes style holding onto position in defence to guarantee the 60% as i was on 61 with 10 to go, on pes u could hold it for 90 mins with the defenders, inter forwards pretty quickly pressured, ibrahimovic tackled my right back, got into the box, i mullered him :( pen inter, final score 1-1 when i needed a win and 60% to win challenge! :( lol

SO WEIRD.

i ordered both pes 6 and fifa07, but i ordered fifa first, that was posted two days ago. Pes was posted very late last night. i got home from work before and there was a play parcel, opening it it was pes 6!!!!

how is that possible?

Yeah the challenges are great, am a bit stuck atm, have done the level 1 but now i have to score a hattrick with a midfielder from arsenal. Should be easy but have had to games where i havent been able to get past 2 for one player, had ljunberg and rosicky on 2 goals in one match and just couldnt get the 3rd. Still with a bit more practice that should be possible, had the same with chelsea, score a hattrick with a defender and have 90% passcompletion, its a tough one. Also scoring with a goalie one looks like it will be a bitch to do.

As for review, im glad eurogamer said what a crappy version the xboxpes6 is, shame they still ended up giving a 8/10 score for the whole review, which combined 360 and ps2 :( But if you read it you will see they are saying the same as us.

ashmufc said:
PES6 all the way purely on gameplay basis, which IMO is the most important thing.

Have you played FIFA?

Anyway I'm loving this baby online, can't believe how smooth it is. Forget random matches go to a lobby where you can see peoples connections 2 or 3 bars and its as smooth as a baby for me.

paddyknight said:
just to say, the post and bar thing hasnt been sorted atall. me and my mate played and my shot smashed the bar and just bounced onto the top of the not, he went 'what did that hit!?' i embarrasedly stayed queit knowing exactly what it was! and adriano boomed one off the post v me and it rolled back into the area

:(

beginning to enjoy it much more as have started to stop sprinting constantly! had forgotten how to play it! enjoy the commentary more now, and tried to do a pes style holding onto position in defence to guarantee the 60% as i was on 61 with 10 to go, on pes u could hold it for 90 mins with the defenders, inter forwards pretty quickly pressured, ibrahimovic tackled my right back, got into the box, i mullered him :( pen inter, final score 1-1 when i needed a win and 60% to win challenge! :( lol

About the crossbar thing its 70 -30 in favour now, before they would always fall flat. When it clips the top it still does that stupid thing and flops but I've found if its coming back into play it's better, still needs work though.

Get online lads and make an EVO WEB lobby.

Just read the ign uk review of pes6, they really are arsekissers arent they? Score chart:
pes6 said:
7.8 Presentation
As polished as any PES game so far, although still lacks the high-end gloss of FIFA. Functional rather than flashy.
7.1 Graphics
Not a giant leap compared to PS2, although it’s definitely sharper. The animation is passable but some pitches look lifeless rather green and lush.
7.5 Sound
The usually mix of cheesy music and nondescript commentary and chants, although the managers shouting from the byline is a nice touch.
8.7 Gameplay
As sharp, instinctive and realistic as any previous PES game, although it’s slightly let down by the anologue stick.
8.6 Lasting Appeal
Great in multiplayer and the Master League is as life-consuming as ever, although the weedy Live support is disappointing.
Impressive OVERALL

fifa07 said:
8.8 Presentation
Superbly polished and slick, but while up-to-date team rosters are welcome, the missing lower leagues are a disappointment.
9.0 Graphics
Exceptional player animation and realistic physics combine to make the best-looking football game yet, although some player faces are ropy.
8.4 Sound
Commentary is great although sometimes a little behind the action, while the crowd chants really help to create an atmosphere.
7.0 Gameplay
Plays a more open game compared to previous FIFAs, but it’s not as flowing and team-mate AI is frustratingly lacking.
8.0 Lasting Appeal
Great fun over Live and the interactive leagues guarantee you’ll be coming back for more until you reach the top.
Good OVERALL

Presentation? Only a point difference?! Sound only a point difference?!
Amazingly he rates the sound better then the graphics for pes? Is he deaf? Are the interactive leagues even in the 360 version? Dont think they are actually, guess he couldnt be bothered to get to know the game and gave it a quick look over and rated it.

IGN ratings guide said:
Along with our impressions of each game, we break each game down into five scored categories for your convenience:
Presentation
This category includes everything from the quality of the manual and packaging to the menu layout and game options. We also consider the overall production, licenses, and style of the game here.
Graphics
How the game looks as well as technical issues like animation quality, texture design, and framerate.

Sound
This category rates the quality of the sound effects and voice acting as well as the music in the game.

Gameplay
In a nutshell, how fun and satisfying the game is to play. Usually considered the most important part of any title, this category encompasses the controls, design, and overall feel of the game.

Lasting Appeal
This rates how much time you're likely to spend with the game before you get tired of it. This rating also reflects the depth of the game and options such as multiplay and mini-games that keep you going after you finish the single-player experience.

I think he needs to read his own sites ratings guide as he scores pes far too high in a number of them. Im not bothered about which is the better game or am about to argue for either. Just would like some consistantcy from these "big" sites that are clearly bias. Another example of how poor and inconsistent website reviews are. Atleast eurogamer gave pes the kicking it deserved in writing, but then still gave an 8/10.

Last edited:

STG said:
Uh oh, I think this threads gone the way of the FIFA 07 demo impressions one. Tiktik's posts the last one I can see.

Or not. :/
Yep, same here, a few posts have been eaten, but it's happening in every thread now (although a few accounts will still be able to see them such as Dar's and Mart's, apparently). Mart says in the support section (or whatever it's called :D) that the board is getting an update soon which will most likely fix everything.

Playing it more and more and I'm starting to love it again. The goalkeepers are poor sometimes, there's no excuse, but I'd rather have that than have PES6's gameplay (I'm still in shock, can you tell?!). Some of the passes and the goals look stunning, and online it's a real dream.

I'm starting an Evo-Web lobby, I think (if I can figure it out, it all looks a bit confusing) :eh:

Edit: Can't figure it out :eh:

Last edited:

@ tiktik

Yeah an what is even more odd is how with the gameplay of PES6 the PS2 version got a higher rating in gameplay (when the 360 versions animations are supposedly smoother). I mean WTF are they smoking over there..........contradiction crack. :lol:

Last edited:

So I've pretty much been playing all day with my mate.

Things I like:
-The passing is really good and especially on non-auto you can put it wherever you want.
-Shooting
-Graphics

Things I don't like:
-Some of the player appearances (They are much better on PES6 360)
-The fact you can hardly ever head the ball and everything is either controlling the ball or a volley
-The manager mode points system

I'm still undecided but Im really pleased with PES6 at the end of the day because I was expecting so little from it and its amazing. Just a shame about the 8 stadiums, no edit mode and shit commentary. If it had those it would be better than Fifa.

JayD said:
Have you played FIFA?

Anyway I'm loving this baby online, can't believe how smooth it is. Forget random matches go to a lobby where you can see peoples connections 2 or 3 bars and its as smooth as a baby for me.
Yeah. PLayed about 20-30 games on the demo, and then played 2 hours of the final game, but preferred PES. Maybe because I'm too used to PES. Someone brainwash me...

Jack Bauer said:
Just got PES6 for the 360 (swapped six old XBOX games for a second hand copy, you're not getting my money Seabass). I'm glad I've got FIFA now, and that's no joke.

JB....how did you get PES6 secondhand....it's officially not even out yet(!)

Last edited:

I think I'm lucky in the respect that I stopped playing WE10 after a month because I was so bored of playing the same game as last year and the year before that. When I played the FIFA demo it was a revelation, now that I've played PES6 comments like Noted's above just utterly confuse me. How on earth stiff players, passes that only go as hard as the CPU want them to and basically having everything controlled by the computer is "amazing" is totally beyond me.

In-fact, so much so, I'm going to have to play PES now just to make sure nobody's slipped me drugs. :|

I just had an online game of FIFA and lost 1-0, such a tight game but the guy scored an amazing goal and I felt fantastic at the end of it, having two shots that WHISTLED past the post. The game is incredible. My strikers actually did two headers! I think if you press the shoot button as SOON as the cross is made, they'll head it, but if you press it as the ball is approaching they'll volley. Possibly.

rockykabir said:
JB....how did you get PES6 secondhand....it's officially not even out yet(!)
A few guys have bought it from my local games shop (not an official place, he gets the games midweek and sells them there and then) and then taken it back in disgust. Don't blame them really, I'm tempted myself!! The guy who runs the shop can't understand it himself, he was sitting there playing it when I arrived! :D

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
I think I'm lucky in the respect that I stopped playing WE10 after a month because I was so bored of playing the same game as last year and the year before that. When I played the FIFA demo it was a revelation, now that I've played PES6 comments like Noted's above just utterly confuse me. How on earth stiff players, passes that only go as hard as the CPU want them to and basically having everything controlled by the computer is "amazing" is totally beyond me.

In-fact, so much so, I'm going to have to play PES now just to make sure nobody's slipped me drugs. :|

I just had an online game of FIFA and lost 1-0, such a tight game but the guy scored an amazing goal and I felt fantastic at the end of it, having two shots that WHISTLED past the post. The game is incredible. My strikers actually did two headers! I think if you press the shoot button as SOON as the cross is made, they'll head it, but if you press it as the ball is approaching they'll volley. Possibly.

A few guys have bought it from my local games shop (not an official place, he gets the games midweek and sells them there and then) and then taken it back in disgust. Don't blame them really, I'm tempted myself!!
it hink you need drugs, both games will really come alive for you.. Jack when you got disgusted with WE10, was it against the CPU? or Humans? I can see not liking vs CPU, that has its faults... but agains humans, man i love WE10.... im going to check out fifa for next gen when it comes out here in the states, and give it a fair review, i have played the current gen and i was tottally disapointed after reading all the positive things you chaps had to say about it..

Sorry that we've been at eachother's throats for a few days, mate. It's only a game. I apologise if I've been coming off as a bit of a prick.

I just can't stand what Konami are doing with PES, it's got a good code base but they're adding nothing to it, only adding tweaks that seem random to me. I got sick of WE10 all-around, I barely played it versus the CPU, only ever against humans. It was just the same story all of the time, cramped little pitch with every player pressing every player, and you knew each pass was going to be successful etc... PES6 I cannot bear, I've just put it on again now to give it a second chance (although actually, it's a fourth chance, I've played over ten games now in total) but I just don't understand how 1mph passes, shots that steam over the bar when you brush the button, being pressed for the ball ALL of the time, with no players making intelligent runs (Henry goes to the wing and then just stands there!) is "realistic".

Still, you like what you like!

Love the thread between JB and everyone else....

I agree with all...both games have their merits and dissapointments (Ive just ordered PES6 PC as I feel that will give the best online game as you can play PS2 players as well and the leagues are better through PES Rankings etc)...only played PES6 online so far and Im gonna give FIFA a go later.

Is it me (and ive read about 6 reviews about fifa07), but no-one has mentioned that it Martin Tyler doing the commentary this year....hes much better than Motson as nearly all games I see these days are on sky it has boosted the atmosphere on FIFA for me anyway.

What do others think?.....

Peter Eyres said:
those screenies look amazing, but I think they are FMV, surely!

The other 360 FIFAs didn't look much different, but look at it, it doesn't look realistic at all and everything is too plasticy.

I know it's a small thing, but for a game that prides itself on licencing, why don't teams have licenced numbers on the backs or their shirts?

I played the full game at work yesterday, and I wasn't impressed, it was worse than the current gen version.

beating someone 2-0 ranked online and was hosting, tried to get an injured player off...lost me connection, says i have 0 games played and 100% dnf! :(

paddyknight said:
beating someone 2-0 ranked online and was hosting, tried to get an injured player off...lost me connection, says i have 0 games played and 100% dnf! :(

I had 1 problem as well, my game just froze at a menu and I ended up loosing that game and I was battering the guy, not complaining thoug as online in FIFA is AMAZING, as long as you choose a match from a lobby where you can see the other connection its as if you are playing on the same console, ITS THAT GOOD.

JayD said:
I had 1 problem as well, my game just froze at a menu and I ended up loosing that game and I was battering the guy, not complaining thoug as online in FIFA is AMAZING, as long as you choose a match from a lobby where you can see the other connection its as if you are playing on the same console, ITS THAT GOOD.
damn, like i said last time, if this game sucks i want $60.... jack bauer owes me $40 for the pile of shit FIFA 07 for PS2 is...

LOL, all I say is give it time, It's not PES and thats important to remember, play it like a new game.

Back
Top Bottom