FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Ban yourself from all football games for a month, play real football every day for a month, and then tell me FIFA doesn't feel the more realistic by far. (Saying that, for the amount of people who think PES is playable despite every match being crammed with all of the gameplay "kinks" I've mentioned above, you may not, but I still don't understand how anyone who's played the game can think PES6 is a realistic interpretation of it)

Anyway, just came on to say, anybody expecting to see me online will have to wait; my internet connection has picked the PERFECT night to start fucking me around. It's gone off three times in an hour, I'm not going to risk getting cut off in the middle of a match I'm afraid.

Oh well *starts practicing those long balls* :D

the auto switching seems to have ben changed for the worse since the demo, especially online, the ball can be played near someone and they just dont respond, jack mentioned it earlier but it gets really annoying!

ive been barca every online game so far, everyone playing me is inter!
enjoying now, less lag.

I still don't know about it. It still seems too easy playing against the CPU and now that I've played it loads it feels similar to 2006 Fifa World Cup on 360.

paddyknight said:
the auto switching seems to have ben changed for the worse since the demo, especially online, the ball can be played near someone and they just dont respond, jack mentioned it earlier but it gets really annoying!
I don't play with auto switching, I always (in any game with anything similar) set the auto switching and auto passing to zero. I was referring to CPU players who, when the ball does something unexpected (such as hit another player on the heel), they just stand still and don't approach the ball. Selecting them and shifting their arse cures this, of course.

I noticed the exact same thing happen in PES6 about twice a match, so there you go. :) From all of the things I mentioned before in my four-point rundown, as well as the above, I actually think PES6 has a lot more gameplay problems than FIFA 07; it's just that FIFA 07 has more SERIOUS ones, such as the goalkeepers (who have been fine since I mentioned them actually, apart from once or twice - although obviously that's still not good enough).

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
1. I'm David Beckham, I've got the ball on the right side of the centre-circle, no opposition is near me. Owen is slightly further ahead, in the middle, with three defenders in-front of him, all clumped together. What does Owen do? Does he run either side? Does he stop? No, he runs straight into the defenders and stops with them circling him. Cheers Michael, you fucking idiot.

2. I'm Michael Owen, I break away with nobody near me. Suddenly, a defender develops the ability to run like Speedy Gonzalez, but I've only got my eye on one thing and that's the goal. I hit the shoot button for a MILLISECOND, as lightly as I possibly can, and the ball BALLOONS over the bar. Within a minute some Chilean player I've never heard of is in the exact same situation. The shot nestles in the top-corner.

3. I'm David Beckham again. Owen is up-front again, running towards the penalty spot; he needs a through-ball. I kick the ball, it goes off towards the corner flag, and so Owen has to stop running forward and change his course completely, by which time, the defenders are back.

4. I'm Ashley Cole (for a change). I do a pass to John Terry. It trickles along at 1mph, along comes the nearest opposition player, does "a marvelous interception" that my gran could have got, and twats it into the bottom corner from 30 yards out.

That's England for you....

I was waiting for someone to say that, smartarse! ;) It happened with Liverpool as well, and Arsenal, and Barcelona. Every single game I've played, in-fact, all of the above has happened.

I'm gobsmacked, I've never been able to fault PES's gameplay before, the most I've been able to say is that FIFA is a lot more free and so feels a lot more like real football. But when the gameplay is always doing what I've mentioned above I don't see how it's playable. The pitch seems mini-sized, you can't move, and when your players DO move they put themselves in fucking awful positions, and then you're stuck, and if you DO manage to get a shot off, whether you're blessed with the CPU letting you get yourself into a decent position, the ball floats off like a helium balloon!

Each to his own, I know, but... I just don't get it. Seabass has reached his limits, I think, and he'll never let someone else take over.

Last edited:

STG said:
The Drogba dive - http://youtube.com/watch?v=G9tI-GkYzD4

Had major issues with getting my tv card to display colour, turns out my s-video cables fucked and will only display black and white!

*ebay's another hitachi s-vid*

The best penalty decision I've ever seen, like Drogba so much it's scary! :lmao:

Isnt it ironic that people always said that PES is the true simulation and FIFA is too arcadey. And now, FIFA seems to be the only game that accurately simulates the real sport.

guys, i am really fired up for this game..cant wai to get mine(only next week)
mean while can any of you guys make videos(maybe youtube) showing edit mode and a bit of gameplay?
casue the ones already in youtube only show goals, and all of them are made from the demo version...
please, that would be veyr kind ;) !

(if possible show riquelme , lol)

RuneEdge said:
Isnt it ironic that people always said that PES is the true simulation and FIFA is too arcadey. And now, FIFA seems to be the only game that accurately simulates the real sport.
Why is it only ten or so of us who can see this?

Jack Bauer said:
Why is it only ten or so of us who can see this?
I think a lot of people are used to thinking the gameplay in PES is the way a football game is supposed to be, and rather than comparing FIFA07 to real football they compare it to PES. I think some people doesn't want the most realistic football experiance, they want the PES experiance. There is nothing wrong with that though.

FIFA is definatly the most realistic game this time around, no matter what people say. Sure it has it flaws, but the core gameplay is very realistic.

In response to my deleted thread regarding my planned editing

I will edit ENTIRE teams defenses,offenses etc.
Individual players will get their attributes edited to resemble more of a realsitic looking game. MANY of the parameters that are there are up to high for certain players. in ways this is the same thing that happened in NBA LIve 07. the attributes were not tweaked enough and player movement wa sometimes jerky just like in fifa 07 that i've noticed..

My goal is to have a game that plays with a winning eleven flow....

Andersson said:
I think a lot of people are used to thinking the gameplay in PES is the way a football game is supposed to be, and rather than comparing FIFA07 to real football they compare it to PES. I think some people doesn't want the most realistic football experiance, they want the PES experiance. There is nothing wrong with that though.

FIFA is definatly the most realistic game this time around, no matter what people say. Sure it has it flaws, but the core gameplay is very realistic.

100000% ( I know that's not a real amount ) correct post. That is exactly the problem.

good game, had about 10 matches so far, it's fun. :) will get pes anyway, but this is a solid start...can't wait for fifa 08 ;)

JayD said:
100000% ( I know that's not a real amount ) correct post. That is exactly the problem.

hell yeah, that's a great post. we need to compare fifa to real life football. and it's definately closer to that than pes.

i just cant put my finger on why im unhappy, it doesnt really feel like the demo, the shooting doesnt seem as satisfying and i dont feel like i can do whatever i want in the game, as in whatever i press, they'll try. i dunno how it can be so different but im just disappointed.......guess i built it up alot to, having bought the console for it,lol! but just abit disappointed,

u dont seem to be able to score a normal goal really, the really good goalscoring chances dont lead to goals it seems, but the long shots etc just seem to lob the goalie on a regular basis. i dominated lyon as barca, had so many shots, and the only one i scored was a sylvinho half volley which came back out from a corner. and ive won online games where ive been absolutely dominated and just scored a skanky goal. which i know, yeah could happen in real life but what my problem is is that you have superman for the majority of shots and then a double arm amputee on certain ones. i know its hard to find a balance in coding goalies, and to me it was bearable in the demo but now im not so sure.
of course ill keep playing but it wasnt the amazing game i thought it was gonna be from the demo.

for me the shooting is more satisfying lol and actually combined with the higher difficulty level this brings me a lot of joy :D

Yeah about the lobbing shot type thing. It seems like all you need to do is pull off a finesse shot from anywhere and most of the time it will go in because of goalies being ridiculously stupid when all they have to do is catch the ball. Instead they seem to jump for no reason and the ball goes over them. Its almost like a goal-scoring sweet spot and ruins the shooting at times.

Its my only gripe with the game. That and the whole not being able to head the ball properly thing... oh and the crappy player likenesses.

Noted said:
Yeah about the lobbing shot type thing. It seems like all you need to do is pull off a finesse shot from anywhere and most of the time it will go in because of goalies being ridiculously stupid when all they have to do is catch the ball. Instead they seem to jump for no reason and the ball goes over them. Its almost like a goal-scoring sweet spot and ruins the shooting at times.

Its my only gripe with the game. That and the whole not being able to head the ball properly thing... oh and the crappy player likenesses.

damn...thats really really bad!! specially casue this finess shot feature was one of the best things i thought EA made...
i mean having 2 types of shooting, that you can actually decide what kind of shoot you gonna perform is what i have aways dream since WE4 in psone!!
i think this is wvan why i am enjoying so much fifa07 pc....
i hope this dont blow fifa07 360 for me when i get it...

brunnoce said:
damn...thats really really bad!! specially casue this finess shot feature was one of the best things i thought EA made...
i mean having 2 types of shooting, that you can actually decide what kind of shoot you gonna perform is what i have aways dream since WE4 in psone!!
i think this is wvan why i am enjoying so much fifa07 pc....
i hope this dont blow fifa07 360 for me when i get it...
Um.......please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought in PES5 there was a "more controlled" shot with pressing R2. You kicked it with the inside of your foot or something. I have not played PES5 for quite some time, been playing other games the past few months.

I can't get over PES6. Sorry, I know I keep going on about it, but nobody reads this thread anyway. :-$

Every single pass you do, the player who you pass to STANDS STILL! You do a through-ball and it goes off to the side, how the fuck are you supposed to play this game? Football is based, totally based, on passing, and you can't even do that the way you want to!! Dear me, Seabass has completely lost it. I'd rather have the games I swapped for this back, it's not worth the disc it's printed on. It's utter, robotic, hypnotic, "this is how real football is played but it's actually not, you're just so used to seeing it this way you think it's realistic and the spell will never be broken" garbage!!

Anyway, as regards to the above post, yes, there is a sidefoot button (or as I call it a low-shot button) in PES, the R2 button, as you said.

Yes i think it was called "controleld shot" pressing the :r2: button just after taking a shot, was really helpfull especially in tight corners and just on the edge of the box, you could score really good goals as well, fifa07 on the current gen/pc had it as well, i think it was called the "finese shot" or something like that, was implemented pretty well imo, not sure about the 360 version though, guess we'll have to wait :)

deftonesmx17 said:
Um.......please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought in PES5 there was a "more controlled" shot with pressing R2. You kicked it with the inside of your foot or something. I have not played PES5 for quite some time, been playing other games the past few months.

Of course there was! Do you think EA would make something new, not copied from Konami? :)

The best thing about this game is that you can see they have a very solid base to work on, I think 2008 could be really amazing.

airjoca, Seabass is copying himself and doing a worse job of it each time, he's forgetting how he did it ten years ago. How people don't spot each pass recepient standing there doing nothing, all of the play being cramped together etc. I'll never know. EA developed the freedom for themselves and whatever they've learnt from PES they've implemented it better and made a better football game. At the very least they've made the best EA football game so far, and we all want the best football game out there, so if EA have taken steps towards that why can't people accept that? Just because it hasn't got a big red Konami logo on?

I just had the best game of football, it was incredible. The first challenge, Inter v Schalke. The way you can slink together passes is incredible, especially after playing PES6. Through-balls, balls over the top... We did ten passes in a row when a winger got into a good position, I slipped it to him, he took a few steps into the box and shot, bottom corner. I was absolutely delighted, I ran into the garden and shook my fist at the sky. Don't tell me this game doesn't get you excited. This game is incredible.

horner2693, I've not hit the post once yet in ten games - but it may just be me! :eh:

JayM, true. The goalkeepers are annoying and the strikers not heading the ball is as well (although, I swear, I've played five games in a row and both have been perfect, it's weird!!), but the ball physics, including the passing, the shooting, everything to do with moving the ball around, is incredible. I only hope EA don't do a Konami (and an EA in fairness) and produce FIFA 07 next year with a new shot and a Nobby Stiles tackle.

Back
Top Bottom