FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Right, i think ive sussed out the headers from corners/crosses niggle. The timing is when you have to jump, not when to head. Been practising this for the last couple of games and have had a 80%-100% succesrate(that he jumps, not that i win the ball). Just get the timing right and the attacker/defender will jump and try to head it. Whats difficult is heading in the middle of the park from goalkicks/longballs. Although this does seem to be more about getting the defender/midfielder in the right position. I havent managed to get my player infront of the opposition yet so most of the time im/they are controlling the ball with chest/foot/etc.

djdoc360 said:
lol all this FIFA is rubbish etc... not this time my friends! its actually a good game this rime around!

DJ

no it aint, its rubbish, pro evo is awesome, i cant believe so many people like fifa, it is shit!

um pro evo is awesome??... oh yeah you like CPU assisted football where the CPU does it all for you... and badly sometimes! it cheats as well... Have you actually played PES6? ive got it on 360 and I think it feels clumsy and flimsy...

FIFA = Realism and good this time around.

Sorry man have to disagree with you on this one, FIFA is no longer shit!

DJ

ripkord said:
cool cheers, I dont think you gave wc2006 enough of a chance, its not all that different to be honest, apart from the animations and perhaps improved ball physics. I'll play the demo some more but at this moment in time I *think* I prefer PES although its not as night and day as it was before I'll admit.
FIFA 07 for 360 is a completely different game engine from WC2006. Stop saying they play the same because they don't! I have WC2006 and have been playing it since I got a 360 (so I've given it a chance), hold on I play every FIFA and every PES each year and 07 on the 360 is nothing like any FIFA let alone any football game ever made.

Ive fixed it

I had to search the xbox forums and turns out i had to change my date to 15/11/2005 to connec to ea severs

what bullshit that is, but it worked

cyas online tonight

Can some one please post a picture of the mexican team Cruz Azul?, if it's from striker Cesar Delgado better please.

Thanks!!

ripkord said:
I dont agree sorry
Your showing the signs of the following

1 a PES Fan Boy who just doesnt wanna play FIFA or who wont admit that for once its a good game

or 2 Someone who aint even bothered playing FIFA and is just slating it.

DJ

Played this all night after the pub at my mate's yesterday - it's a big improvement over previous FIFA's but it is still no match for PES6 (360). I can run the whole pitch with one player at times and playing against my mate was NOT as much fun as I had on PES6 the previous night.

Good points: Slick passing, nice graphics in HD, good control system. Shooting is much better than previous games. Smooth online.

Bad points: Still doesn't FEEL like real football. GK's are AWFUL. Defenders - WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU JUST HEAD THE BALL AWAY instead of that fancy 'controlling with the chest malarky'. Player likenesses - Come on EA, they look NOTHING like their counterparts. CPU AI is a joke. Far too easy and sometimes the players don't know if they should be attacking or defending, It's a joke.

Overall I am happy I didn't waste 40 notes on this, my mate is coming over tonight to witness REAL football ala PES6. He is already considering exchanging FIFA for PES6 so that speaks volumes for me.

Really, really dissapointed with EA - It's their THIRD attempt at making a good next-gen football game and they have definately improved the game but it's still Pro Evo for another year for me.

ALL MY OPINION.

El Diego, I have to disagree mate, FIFA 07 is one of the best football games ive played, its much better than PES6 on 360, PES6 is a GOOD game, but the new gameplay engine of FIFA is far superior (OMG :shock: I dont believe that I said this, a month or two ago, I swore id never touch a FIFA game!)

The passing is amazing, but yeh GKs are just AWFUL, and players looking nothing like themselves, well most of them anyway.

I still prefer PES6 on PS2, and also WE10 JL when its released, but this is an amazing different game and a great alternative to PES/WE.

The best thing is, EA have developed a great engine, and a great base on which they can build on FIFA 08, and with the return of the other leagues (hopefully), a better manager mode, gameplay tweaks, more animations, better player resemblance etc etc I can only imagine what a game FIFA 08 would be :eek:

Having said that I think Konami have got the wake up call they needed, and I feel they'll do something big for PES7.

PES6 on 360 is stiff unresponsive and frustrating and still has them annoying bugs (e.g. bullshit deflections going to the CPU and slow defenders catching fast attackers!) this is apparent on both 360 and PS2 versions. PES6 is a huge disappointment for me FIFA 07 on 360 is awesome it has a few gripes yeah thats true but not enough to ruin the game. PES6 on the other hand is just too darn annoying for its own good.

DJ

To the people who own the full game: is it the same as the demo? Is the AI improved, and the goal keeper reaction time reduced? 'Cos in the demo, the midfielders don't defend and the goal keepers jump instantly when you shoot.

Its not the same as the demo... to me it seems to move smoother, the midfielders in my team defend especially Carrick and I dont see what you mean about the goal keepers they seem pretty realistic to me other than a few too many Parries when they could hold onto shots.

DJ

Playing online is superb!! This game is really growing on me... We have 2 nice games for the 360 :D Just play what you like to play

I'm thinking about getting this, mostly because I want something different to pro evo. But I didn't like the demo, because of:

* Poor AI (the defending team isn't compact enough, you get too much space)
* Shots feel lightweight. I mostly score from rebounds.
* Headers don't work properly (players just stand next to each other, instead of fighting for the ball)

If these issues are improved in the full game, I'll get it. If not, I'll pass. So any input on this is greatly appreciated :)

1 . AI is pretty good if you ask me but online is where this game is at.

2. You can score some real screamers but there are still a few rebound goals.

3. It's all about the timing I've scored some lovely looking headers.

slasher said:
What about the graphics, are they stil washed out looking in full retail?

No, today I played online in the Bernabau I think it was, in bright sunshine and it looked amazing.

In the game modes, (single-player), can you play in different leagues (EPL, La Liga,...) and also the manager-mode ?

I think someone was right when he said that people are just too used
to PES, thinking that is the more realistic version, and they slate
FIFA since it's not exactly like PES....it's all about inertia and
loyalty to PES.

mathewsss said:
In the game modes, (single-player), can you play in different leagues (EPL, La Liga,...) and also the manager-mode ?
Unfortunately, no. You can't play a league in single-player mode, which is absolutely stupid; you're limited to friendlies or "lobby mode", which records all of the matches you and a friend (or friends) play between two set teams that you can't change (or at least I've not found a way to). You can play as one team in any of those leagues in the manager mode, though (but a second\third\fourth player can only be assigned to your team, not to the opposition).

FIFA this year stands for

Fully
Integrated
Football
Awesomeness!!

PES:
Poor
Effort
Seabass

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Your showing the signs of the following

1 a PES Fan Boy who just doesnt wanna play FIFA or who wont admit that for once its a good game

or 2 Someone who aint even bothered playing FIFA and is just slating it.

DJ

i already have the last 2 fifa games so there go thats theory right down the shitter.

how can I be a fanboy? Just because I prefer one game over another?

Unless the full game is VASTLY different from the demo (I mean I scored a free kick on professional by hitting it straight at the keeper ffs) then I honestly cant see what all the fuss is about... yeah pes6 could have been better buf fuck me fifa couldnt get any worse than some of the recenr offerings could it, although I agree that it has taken massive steps.

It doesnt feel right for me, I cant explain it... dont want to go out and buy it because a bunch of fed up pes fans say its better because they are pissed off about pes6 not being what they hoped tbqfh.

dude how can you like the stiffness and robotic bullshit of PES?

Answer me that? how is that realistic?

DJ

Just finished playing pes6 online and i must say i now officially hate pes6. Its just so unrealistic, Just played a guy drew 5-5, every single one of his goals as the old, run into the area from the side> press pass>press shoot=goal. Its drives me mad, one of those goals however annyoed me even more, when one of the passes went across goal, all my players stand as statues (as usuall) but then eto flicks the ball with no effort/momentum in his flick and the ball screams into the top corner from the edge of the 6 yrd box.

Its the same sort of flick as you sometimes play on a pass (not a backheel, but a flick backwards)

IMO there is no comparison this year, fifa is streets ahead.

And i actually enjoy it on 1 player as well.

I just want a game im not constantly frustated with because the game doesnt have something i want in it.

Last edited:

ripkord said:
It doesnt feel right for me, I cant explain it...
I can explain it very easily. It doesnt feel like PES, thus why you don't think it feels right..................

I hear plenty of people talk about how in FIFA there seems to be space thus they dont like it. What?!?!?!?!?!? You mean you have the time to think about your plan of attack instead of having defenders pressing on you all the time (like PES) due to crap AI and a field size thats is not realistic/to scale/smaller than it should be (ala PES again)...............yeah PES sure does sound like the more realistic game. :roll:

Last edited:

It doesnt feel like FIFA either though does it?

The way the defenders behave in FIFA just piss me off though how the hell is jumping up and chesting the ball 360 degrees away from your own box EVERY time instead of heading it seem realistic to you guys? I really want to like the game, the same way I really wanted to like the last one..... No SPL teams either :( I dunno, I toyed with the idea of getting it later tonight but after playing the demo and then pes and then the demo it just seems..... I cat put my finger on it. I enjoy PES more, simple as that. Is that so hard to comprehend?, youve been doing it for the last 5 years ;)

ripkord said:
It doesnt feel like FIFA either though does it?
Why are you trying to contradict yourself now as all you were saying earlier was how much it felt like WC2006.................

ripkord said:
Is it better than the demo, because bar some minor improvements 07 was the exact same as WC2006 and I have that?
ripkord said:
I dont think you gave wc2006 enough of a chance, its not all that different to be honest
Do you remember saying either of those? :lmao:

Last edited:

Found out another thing earlier, dont know if anybody mentioned it yet. I was messing about in the arena and decided to try out different penalties, and the great news is that the lob and finesse shot are also used in the penalties. Did a couple of pancakes(or whatever the chipped penalties are called) and did some finesse placing of the ball aswell. Its a great system, where you can actually aim the shot based on power, direction and now kicking style. Good job EA, take note random penalty shit nokami!

As for people complaining about defenders/attackers chesting the ball. Ive already posted how to do it, you press the button when you need to JUMP not when you need to head the ball. Havent even seen any chesting anymore since i got the timing correct. Played some great games in managermode earlier, sometimes clicking into gear with the analog passing(as im still getting used to it) and playing a beautiful passing game. Atm, besides a couple of niggles that have been mentioned, its getting better and better for me.

Diego, dont know how you manage to run the whole field with one player, i can barely get past 2 players with dribbling. For the heading complaint see above.

The eurogamer review is probably a good grade actually, there are a couple of niggles, but overal it really is a good game. Before i got this my thinking was, this year fifa and then hopefully pes7 will be a decent version again for me to get. However now i feel that i will be getting fifa08 unless pes drastically improves in all aspects of the game. Wouldnt have thought that would be the case but some/alot of the aspects of fifa are sublime, whereas pes the best parts now seem merely decent.

Another niggle ive found, night/day/dusk doesnt seem to change in managermode as its linked to the last friendly you played. So if you played a night game all the matches will be night games and visa versa. A shame really as it wouldnt have taken much to get right. So now you just have to log out for a moment to change it every so often.

Back
Top Bottom