FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Looks like my postman is taking a day off.

Looks like I'll be shooting him in the head tomorrow.

got mine this morning and i have to say quite impressed, the features are incredible...and truely feels like next gen

I still prefer pes gameplay but the fact that this is uptodate (even a new roster download already) means this will probably out live pes this year, you hear that konami? get working on these updates!

no doubt EA will be suporting this with new stadiums etc through the year

well done ea for big improvements

The postman finally arrived. He can live for another week. Funny thing was, he's cut his finger on something, because all of the letters were spattered with blood. I've got no sympathy for the bastard though, I've been up since half eight.

Just about to try it... It's CHRIIIIIISTMAAAAAAS!!

F*cking lag is unbearable at times! Everytime the ball got into my half the game stuttered horribly, next thing I know the opposition is in my penalty area firing off a shot and there's nothing I can do about it! FUMING!

My only record has gone because the game crashed on me :( Now I have a DNF next to my name and I was absolutely battering some dude.

^^Snoop^^ said:
F*cking lag is unbearable at times! Everytime the ball got into my half the game stuttered horribly, next thing I know the opposition is in my penalty area firing off a shot and there's nothing I can do about it! FUMING!

I had lag once but it was against an aussie. Look who you are playing there are a lot of Aussies and South Africans online.

First match, England VS Portugal won 4-2. Got a hatrick with Rooney, didn't feel under pressure at all. I think I need to have this on pro-world class. Overall, not overly different from the demo to me, and that's not a bad thing. Certain things have been sorted that people have already mentioned and the ref's aren't pedantic little shits anymore, which is nice.

So yeah, anyone elses 360 really loud whilst playing this game? I'm beginning to think it's the norm.

Okay, overall I'm a bit disappointed (seeing as my hopes were so high), but I still think it's better than PES. I haven't tried it online yet though (I wish I could rent PES6 on the 360 and give it a thorough testing online, but the Blockbuster here refuses to stock any 360 games for some reason).

Things I Like:
- They fixed the referee, that's something Konami didn't do last year; good on you EA
- The passing is incredible; it seems slightly harder than the demo for some reason, I'm finding it harder to find people, but the control pisses on PES
- The control you have on shots is exquisite
- The sound is excellent; what the crowd lacks in celebration the commentators make up for ("KUYT!!!!!! OH WHAT A GOAL!!!!!!")

Things I Don't Like:
- The insert inside the box, "FIFA 07 Mobile, this is the season"; I've just spent £40 on you, fuck off!
- The goalkeepers; potential spoiler of the game, these bastards will slide on the floor for no reason when they could just stand there and let the ball hit them in the chest (or even better, STICK THEIR FUCKING HANDS OUT)
- Faces are dodgy, which on a PS2 on a crap television I've never cared about before, but now in shiny HD when James Beattie walks past the camera looking like a bulldog who's been stung by a wasp and then been thrown out of a top-storey window before landing flat on his face going through the ground and into the pits of hell and burned, it kind of ruins the otherwise perfect presentation

Online test coming up...

Even when a match gets bearable lag (JUST about bearable) it still manages to lose the connection anyway, not at all happy with either PES6 or FIFA on Live :(

Man forget Live, every game is lagged ridiculously on FIFA and I can't get fluid play for more than 5 secs without it freezing up then the ball being the other end of the pitch.

OK since the lot of you have the game I'd like to know a couple of things that you all haven't mentioned.

first, weather. Are there overcast matches? sunset? or just night and sunny?
second, is the trick stick or the first touch stick i should say touch sensative now? i mean can you lightily tap it and it just goes out a little ways or is it the same push out that the demo seems to have that made controlling the ball while a defender was close unbarable.
and third, does the grass always looks like the wembley stadium green grass? Or does get yellow brownish? EVERY stadium will look the same if this isn't sorted except for pitch pattern. the cameras are not good enough to show the adboards and such. so does the pitch look different in other stadiums/ that's the big question.

WOW, I've just had the smoothest online game of footy EVER versus Jack Bauer. A thrilling 2-2 draw which he took on pens. It was as if I was playing the CPU or a mte at my house, thats how smooth it was, AMAZING.

BumperMan said:
OK since the lot of you have the game I'd like to know a couple of things that you all haven't mentioned.

first, weather. Are there overcast matches? sunset? or just night and sunny?
second, is the trick stick or the first touch stick i should say touch sensative now? i mean can you lightily tap it and it just goes out a little ways or is it the same push out that the demo seems to have that made controlling the ball while a defender was close unbarable.
and third, does the grass always looks like the wembley stadium green grass? Or does get yellow brownish? EVERY stadium will look the same if this isn't sorted except for pitch pattern. the cameras are not good enough to show the adboards and such. so does the pitch look different in other stadiums/ that's the big question.

no one cares they're all just playing their games now. no one cares

Snoop, if you're getting problems with both games, it's obviously your connection. Find out how to open up the ports on your router and open up the XBOX Live ports fully (look on Google to find out what they are).

Online test results: WHAT A GAME!!

Just played with JayD and the game is fantastic. Scraped a stuffy penalty within a few minutes, he hit back instantly. Managed a goal later on, pegged back instantly. If you know how to pass the ball around, like he does, then you can make it very hard for your opposition. WHAT A GAME!!

Unfortunately I think all of the goals (bar the penalty and the penalty shootout at the end) could have been saved by the goalkeeper. It really is a worry, I hope they've got a patch in development for that. They seem great with shots wide on either side, but if it's quite close to them they seem to like collapsing onto their knees or just watching it go in. :(

But this is more fun than I've ever had with PES online, I think. Very impressed. As JayD said above, it's like they're in the room. Disappointed that the voice option doesn't seem to be there though, I think JayD would have approved of hearing "BASTARD" in a scouse accent every time he won the ball...

Bumperman, to answer your questions... I've not seen any change in weather yet, all I see is day or night. The knock-ahead stick (seeing as it's not really a trick-stick any more) is the same as in the demo, but if you hold down RB then you get fantastic close control, not featured in the demo. Lastly, the grass looks totally different in each stadium. At Anfield it's not fancy, it's just grass; at Wembley, it's crop circles. In other stadiums, it's stripes, in foreign stadiums, some are chequered.

Last edited:

^^Snoop^^ said:
Man forget Live, every game is lagged ridiculously on FIFA and I can't get fluid play for more than 5 secs without it freezing up then the ball being the other end of the pitch.

Sounds like your having difficulties your end with connection, nobody else suffers as much as you seem to!

What modem or router have you got, maybe you could search on google or something to see if anything is fucked up? I know how unbearable lag is and it pisses everyone off so i hope you fix it :)

Anyone got anymore online reviews for me? Still dunno wether to buy this or PES6

EDIT: Glad to see the online is almost lag free, I may go see if they have it in my local gamestation :)

Bumperman:- yes, each stadium has quite different looking pitches.......in the demo, i hated the Wembley pitch as it looked to gaudy looking, and there didnt seem to be any sunlight anywhere and it all looked quite lo-res..................weird thing is that, in stadiums where there is bright sunshine (the Aztec for example), the pitch and also the stadium looks more Hi definition, even though its still relatively blurry and lo-res when compared to Road to World Cup, which, dispite being a crap game we must admit the stadiums were very detailed, sharp, and HD looking.

So yes, there are many varied pitches, some stadiums have DAY/DUSK options only, the others just have DAY/NIGHT options, and each has its own shadowing on the pitch.

On the subject of the blurry lo-res stadiums/crowds etc, im guessing this has been done to enhance the foreground for depth of view reasons, and also because of the greater level of detail for the players.....although as Jack just mentioned, close up some of the players, even those with generic faces look dog awful......check out the England shirts too, they have the collar missing......and up close most shirts look like they are on a PS2...........

Strange all in all, i cant quite work out whether i like 07 on 360 yet, when i compare to the sharp detail on the PC version its a bit of a disappointment.

kevano22 said:
Sounds like your having difficulties your end with connection, nobody else suffers as much as you seem to!

What modem or router have you got, maybe you could search on google or something to see if anything is fucked up? I know how unbearable lag is and it pisses everyone off so i hope you fix it :)

Anyone got anymore online reviews for me? Still dunno wether to buy this or PES6

EDIT: Glad to see the online is almost lag free, I may go see if they have it in my local gamestation :)

The funny thing is though I can play pretty much lag free on all other games I've tried (Test Drive and Saints Row spring to mind as I played those recently) so I'm thinking its the games. I'm using a D-Link DSL-G624T router.

^^Snoop^^ said:
The funny thing is though I can play pretty much lag free on all other games I've tried (Test Drive and Saints Row spring to mind as I played those recently) so I'm thinking its the games. I'm using a D-Link DSL-G624T router.

Oh fuck, thats the router i have LOL

I hope i dont suffer any of these problems. If you find out a solution or something to it, feel free to PM me coz i might have the same probs your having. :(

Jack Bauer said:
Disappointed that the voice option doesn't seem to be there though, I think JayD would have approved of hearing "BASTARD" in a scouse accent every time he won the ball...

Are you telling me you cant talk to your opponent over the headset :| What the fuck did they leave that out for :|

Jack Bauer said:
The knock-ahead stick (seeing as it's not really a trick-stick any more) is the same as in the demo, but if you hold down RB then you get fantastic close control, not featured in the demo.

So if you keep hold of RB and press the stick, it will flick it that way? Or you just control it with RB?

Jack Bauer said:
Snoop, if you're getting problems with both games, it's obviously your connection. Find out how to open up the ports on your router and open up the XBOX Live ports fully (look on Google to find out what they are).

Online test results: WHAT A GAME!!

Just played with JayD and the game is fantastic. Scraped a stuffy penalty within a few minutes, he hit back instantly. Managed a goal later on, pegged back instantly. If you know how to pass the ball around, like he does, then you can make it very hard for your opposition. WHAT A GAME!!

Unfortunately I think all of the goals (bar the penalty and the penalty shootout at the end) could have been saved by the goalkeeper. It really is a worry, I hope they've got a patch in development for that. They seem great with shots wide on either side, but if it's quite close to them they seem to like collapsing onto their knees or just watching it go in. :(

But this is more fun than I've ever had with PES online, I think. Very impressed. As JayD said above, it's like they're in the room. Disappointed that the voice option doesn't seem to be there though, I think JayD would have approved of hearing "BASTARD" in a scouse accent every time he won the ball...

Bumperman, to answer your questions... I've not seen any change in weather yet, all I see is day or night. The knock-ahead stick (seeing as it's not really a trick-stick any more) is the same as in the demo, but if you hold down RB then you get fantastic close control, not featured in the demo. Lastly, the grass looks totally different in each stadium. At Anfield it's not fancy, it's just grass; at Wembley, it's crop circles. In other stadiums, it's stripes, in foreign stadiums, some are chequered.

thanks man now I n the waits or the overtime at work is gonna kill me one or the other

siralexisatwat said:
Bumperman:- yes, each stadium has quite different looking pitches.......in the demo, i hated the Wembley pitch as it looked to gaudy looking, and there didnt seem to be any sunlight anywhere and it all looked quite lo-res..................weird thing is that, in stadiums where there is bright sunshine (the Aztec for example), the pitch and also the stadium looks more Hi definition, even though its still relatively blurry and lo-res when compared to Road to World Cup, which, dispite being a crap game we must admit the stadiums were very detailed, sharp, and HD looking.

So yes, there are many varied pitches, some stadiums have DAY/DUSK options only, the others just have DAY/NIGHT options, and each has its own shadowing on the pitch.

On the subject of the blurry lo-res stadiums/crowds etc, im guessing this has been done to enhance the foreground for depth of view reasons, and also because of the greater level of detail for the players.....although as Jack just mentioned, close up some of the players, even those with generic faces look dog awful......check out the England shirts too, they have the collar missing......and up close most shirts look like they are on a PS2...........

Strange all in all, i cant quite work out whether i like 07 on 360 yet, when i compare to the sharp detail on the PC version its a bit of a disappointment.

thanks for this detail i have to wiat til next week :( :cry: :cry:

kevano22 said:
Are you telling me you cant talk to your opponent over the headset :| What the fuck did they leave that out for :|
Well there was nothing to suggest that it was working, no icons appearing saying how loud I was talking or anything, so I presume JayD couldn't hear me at half time when I screamed "WHAT A GAME!!"...

kevano22 said:
So if you keep hold of RB and press the stick, it will flick it that way? Or you just control it with RB?
No, what I mean is, if you hold down RB, he'll do a little close-control kind of knock (using the left stick, not the right one). Not ideal as there's no middle-ground between a little one and the right stick's massive one - but it's enough to beat defenders when you get used to it.

Jack Bauer said:
Well there was nothing to suggest that it was working, no icons appearing saying how loud I was talking or anything, so I presume JayD couldn't hear me at half time when I screamed "WHAT A GAME!!" to him...

No, what I mean is, if you hold down RB, he'll do a little close-control kind of knock (using the left stick, not the right one). Not ideal as there's no middle-ground between a little one and the right stick's massive one - but it's enough to beat defenders when you get used to it.

LOL I heard you alright Jack it's just my daughter was making loads of noise so I had my headset off but it came through the TV nice and clear lol.

We need to start an Evo Web lounge, Damn I love this game.

Back
Top Bottom