FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Took me ages to fully appreciate the demo but when I did I loved it! This game has something which other FIFA's lacked... called Depth! Ive had no 2 matches the same as of yet they have all felt very different. Ive either played a good game of football and been narrowly beaten, or ive thrased Lyon :) or ive had a tough draw with Barca or Milan as Manchester United.

DJ

Just bought the game in futurezone rotterdam NL, gonna play now :D

FFS, you cant even change the controls to suit how you want it. Its always analog and the only thing that changes is either [] to shoot or O. hate playing with analog. its looks great though, and the passing seems good aswell, shame i feel like i hardly have any control over it though due to the analog. Is this the same as the demo?

Last edited:

the edit mode sounds cool better than pes6 next gen
what type of boots can you unlock is it similar to fifa world cup

Walcott23 yes from the info we have it seems it is similar to WC 06 on the boot unlocking.

DJ

JayD said:
The game speed is spot on IMO, well that's the demo. This is a game you really need to play for a while before you can rate it. 15 - 25 games minimum theres a real learning curve involved. I'm intigued to know a few things as well. Did you play the demo, how does the retail version compare?

You're absolutely right. Minus the fact of camera angles;)

I was playing last night and realized the sprint shoulder should ONLY be used for spurts because your player slows down realistically when you speed up there is alot of player momnetum to everything

tiktiktiktik said:
Just bought the game in futurezone rotterdam NL, gonna play now :D

FFS, you cant even change the controls to suit how you want it. Its always analog and the only thing that changes is either [] to shoot or O. hate playing with analog. its looks great though, and the passing seems good aswell, shame i feel like i hardly have any control over it though due to the analog. Is this the same as the demo?

I know it would be alot to ask but since I don't get it here in the states until next week could you answer me this question and maybe post some info?

How mnay attributes are there that you can edit of a player(not created player real in game player) and if you'd be kind enough to write what they they are or post a pic of the screens in edit mode. i am thinking of editing player stats and wanted to know what would be the possibilities once i get it plus it would keep me occupied to figure out what to change so that i not fiddling with it

Come on tiktiktiktik, I need a review!! I NEED A REVIEW MAN!! COME ON!! WE HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY!!?! PLEASE MAN!!!!! I NEED IT!!!!!!!

...Woah.

Well i havent played the demo Jack so i cant compare it to that. Still getting used to the controls which is hard, i may be only 24 but i feel like a 60 year old adjusting to the analog :(

Editing:
You can edit existing players but there is a balance within it, so no 99 everything editing possible. There are 4 basic sections; info (name, number, age,etc), style (sleevs,boots,etc), accesories (wristband, tape), ratings (attacking defending, etc). Ive taken pics for all these so you can just see below.

The actual ratings are individually rated, i know that sounds obvious but what i mean is that each point within the 0-99 is also worth an overal value for other ratings. So for example i take 2 points off of shooting i get an overal points credit of 44. If i would want to add 1 point for the rating for movement that would cost me 11 points from the overal credit. So in other words shooting can be rated as a higher quality then movement.
Is it clear? lol.
Another example in a statical way:

rating shooting 76
overal credit 0 points

Edit1
rating shooting 74
overal credit 44points

edit2
rating movement 84 + 2
overal credit 5points

You have a total balance but actual atributes are valued differently (leadership cost 500 points but a couple of eztra points for shooting would cost 44)

I think thats clear, otherwise just ask. Numbers used a hypothetical, dont know the actual values

Teamediting:
It looks the same as pes, movement, formation, tatctics etc all seem to be there.

Fanshop:
-Balls, about 20 to 30
-Boots, 15-20
-Creationzone, pointpacks to upgrade arena player and normal players (so you can add to the overal balance explained in the editmode)
-Celebrations, 5 to buy (crouchatron, samba, ringkiss, louder, badge swat)
-Seasonhighlights (bundes, premier, lique1 and fifa conversations)
-Imagegallery, image and bio of classic players
-Extras, world/euro XI and delle api stadium

Modes:
Manager, lounge, challenge

General impressions (only after 2 games mind):
-Graphics
Pitch, players and stadiums look great imo. Really like the look of it. Player likeness is a bit off, luis garcia looks like something from LoTR, but from the gaming view they seem to look decent enough, evo still has this a bit better.
-Animation
Looks good imo, but havent had the time to really have a look.
-Gameplay
Feels nice and sharp, passing, shooting etc will take time to get used to, especially analog control. Big dissapointment for me that i cant map the buttons individually and use the d-pad for control. Currentgen fifa is better in this regard. The 'power'bar that reflects team control is very good imo. Was playing liverpool-everton and was controlling the game and their bar was going down, until they scored and then it was back equal again. Nice touch. Noticed the player collision is a bit off, whent hey bounce against each other. But other then that it looks to be spot on with regard to arms, legs, ball, body collision etc. You definitly have a sense of weight in this game, which is something i was missing in currentgen.
-Presentation
Great, its fifa
-Sound
I always turn commentary off so dont know about that, but crowd sounds and effects are really nice.

Thats it so far, already noticed im gonna have to work to get used to analog and the turning and speed of the game/opposition. So far ive noticed that "playing" football gives a better result to attacking then just passing it quickly to the strikers and running, which was present in the currentgen imo.

Disclaimer: All opinions stated in this mini review are based on 2 games only.

Last edited:

Very positive review. Basically adds to the "im for sure getting this on Friday" Thought. Friday for me is officially FIFA & Tiger Friday :).... Might also endeavour to get PES6

DJ

how can you turn commentary off man, one of the main highlights off fifa

tiktiktiktik for man of the year?

I think so

You're the bloody balls man..

thanks so much for the indepth on the edit mode. And i promise everyone a stat edit save file that will make the game run more realistically. Trust me I did edits for NBA live 07 and people loved em' had about 100 replays to my editing posts there. now that i know this game has the same type of editing i will do the same and be testing before I complete again tiktiktiktik thank you very much this work will not go un thought of. wrote down every attribute already to start thinking about it while I play the demo now to see what needs changing overall. love the point things though i love the fact that pretty much i know already i'm gonna adjust the speed down by at least 5 each player regardless and that will add to any thing point wise I might need already this is fantastic!

i am so buying it now...lalalalalalalala

tiktiktiktik, I love you. There, I said it. I'm not ashamed.

The controls thing is a bitch; I must be one of the few people alive (along with my dad) who still changes all of his football games to copy the control-scheme of FIFA 98 - that is, :triangle: being used for sprint, :circle: being used for stab-tackles etc... It's a crime they haven't included a way to change the controls, but saying that, once you get used to it (and I promise you, you do), it's second nature and you can see why you're given so little choice. When you play with a PS2 pad after the point where you "click", it feels like it was developed by the Tiny Toy Company.

Tell us more about the gameplay... Please! :) Do strikers still tend to try overhead kicks from crosses when they should just do a simple header? Is the referee still a complete tosser?

Can you come round to my house after dinner?!

is the crossing the same as the demo? what about when the ball hits the woodwork does it travel abit further? silly little things but i need to know

Right I am starting to love this game and am considering buying BOTH PES6 AND this but I have a problem. The general graphics are REALLY dark for me in the demo, is the same for anyone else? Please help!

Just played a few more games and am starting to get the hang of the analog. I think a great way to learn the game is the challenge mode, man i love that. Missed it since the iss days. It starts off easy but slowly gets harder, good learning curve.

The ref seems ok actually, although it will defenitly depend on your playing style. Since we9 ive learned to play more passive and patient waiting for comp mistakes instead of just flying in. In this game that works well, however the couple of times ive just gone in and tackled he's blown. But it seems fairly balanced so far. It also seems to be how you knock a player off the ball when challenging. If you just knock his body from the side or behind its likely to be a freekick, however if you get infront of him slightly and then start giving nudges/leaning youll likely just wint he ball and play on. I guess its how it is now with real footie, if you challenge fairly most of the time youll get to play on.

As for headers and overheads, ive hardly played any crosses in tbh. Play more on the floor like arsenal in that respect, partly due to the fact that i dont think the crosses have enough pace on them. The times that i have been doing it they players seem to realistically challenge in the air ( the defender has won most of those and headered it away). One thing that i think is a shame is on crosses you have to press the cross button, in the currentgen you could press shoot and get some faster crosses in, not possible now sadly, atleast i havent managed it.

As for hitting the bar, only did it in the arena and that looked good enough.

A couple more general comments after a few more games:
Love the graphics, the stadiums look great, pitch is beautiful imo, especially when looking at pes current or next gen. Sound also seems excellent, think i heard a player screetch/shout when i tackled him badly, fans are great, also the stadium announcer just adds that extra layer. Also the net/bar sound great when hitting a shot in, you can hear the crack/ripple of the net which is really good. As for the commentary being off, i prefer this with real games aswell :D

@ bumper, will check in a minute on rio, just about to do a challenge, inter v schalke04 (win match and have 60% possesion). Stadium looks great btw. Just played the other challenge, marceille v valencia (win match and score with 65min+sub) Cisse looked very accurate while gaming, even his shirtarms being tucked up.

@ el diego, im finding it really bright. Know what you mean by the videos ive seen. However playing it in sun/dusk its really bright, in a good way. It looks realistic imo.

tiktiktiktik thanks mate! I just had a message from OXM Zorg (he works for Official Xbox magazine) and he says the PES6 plays exactly the same as PES5 but just a tad faster. That is not acceptable.

Here's a pic of a sunny match for you diego, im too good for you guys ;)

Had to do the goalkick position as im otherwise playing it and theres a lot of movement. But i think it shows the brightness good enough.

Could someone confirm whether we have Interactive League in online mode?

Tiktik = Legend. I haven't got a HD tv, just a Sony 32" widescreen which blows the graphics up so I am worried about this.

You are so lucky to be playing it right now. to wait 9 days more now seeing other people are going to have it is gonna suck soooooooooo bad

On friday ill have this in HD 42" widescreenness! :)

DJ

Im playing it on a sony wega 32inch widescreen and think it looks great. Will likely look better on hd but im still really impressed with it.

For the chesting crosses question, put a few in in the first half, its halftime atm, and all of them were headed out in a realistic manner (defender out jumping me and moving his body in a way to get power on it, very good.

tiktiktiktik, you ARE coming to my house after dinner, even if I have to come and kidnap you. And the game.

El Diego, seeing as I'm not allowed in the PES forums any more, try and spread the word about what you've been told about PES6 will you?! Cheers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom