FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

I have named Friday as officially FIFA 07 (360) Day :) I cant wait for this im still playing the demo to death and finding new things happening and new goals being scored. I dont think ive scored the same goal twice yet!

DJ

has anyone got the game yet? apparently its 'out'. Im picking up mine tomorrow.

Ive also heard that gamestation have it in their 360 pods. Is it a demo or will it be the full game?

WEtongelre said:
I can't see new moves or tricks?

Yeah, turns out there isn't any in those vids. Just stuff that can be replicated in the demo I believe. Ah well, final version'll have 'em.

Jack Bauer said:
In the huge gameplay video you can download off Marketplace, the first thing that flashes up in the feature list at the end is "Interactive Leagues". They're only talking about the 360 version, so if it isn't there, then they've made quite a big mistake!!

I double checked Jack 3 times to precise it definatly DOESN'T say interactive leasgues. The first feature that flashes up is Real life stats and updates.

More info:

"...There are no speed adjustment options. Just the length of a half as previously mentioned.

As for the camera angles. There is no zooming, but with Dynamic and Dynamic V2, you have one zoomed out and one zoomed in. I find Dynamic V2 very nice, as it is close enough to the players to see detail but far enough out so that you can see a few players. Dynamic is far enough out and also higher than V2.

As for the Mexican league. Most of the teams are between 2 and 4 stars, though most are about 3 stars or less.

The ball possession is very even, the better you play, the more ball possession you might have but the CPU player, also manages to retain the ball quite successfully.

The d-pad is mostly for strategy. I have found that the strategy does work and changes as you change it.

The nets look a little better in the full version, but not much though.

There are no refs on the pitch.

I have taken photo's of all the leagues and star rating except my batteries are flat, will upload the images tonight..."

JayD said:
I double checked Jack 3 times to precise it definatly DOESN'T say interactive leasgues. The first feature that flashes up is Real life stats and updates.
I'm sure I saw it... Damn. I'll be disappointed if that's not in.

pepe montoto said:
More info:

"...There are no speed adjustment options. Just the length of a half as previously mentioned.

As for the camera angles. There is no zooming, but with Dynamic and Dynamic V2, you have one zoomed out and one zoomed in. I find Dynamic V2 very nice, as it is close enough to the players to see detail but far enough out so that you can see a few players. Dynamic is far enough out and also higher than V2.

Complete shit.

Fuck you EA. Thanks a lot for that!

lol - christ what did you say when konami only put 8 stadiums/no edit mode/no online mode options/only 1vs1 online/same graphics as ps2/same crap commentators/same bland kits etc etc :p

lol only kiddin

shame about the cameras - alhough doesnt really bother me personally, but would have been nice to have the option

Pepe -

PLEASE PUT MY MIND AT REST!!!!

in the demo the cpu doesnt header ANY crosses, he always takes it on his chest. Please tell me that in the full game the computer heads at goal his crosses, at least sometimes?

ta

BLUE BALLS

Jack Bauer said:
I've played it. There's no difference between PES6 PS2 and PES6 360. If you don't believe me then fair enough, I wouldn't believe me either, I don't brag about working for this company or that company. But there is no difference. Believe what you want to, though.

I don't believe you Jack.

1) 360 has a slower pace
2) the shots on the 360 are different
3) the 360 is more fluent and a bit less responsive
4) passing on the 360 is harder and passes are easier to intercept i.e. less automatic (nowhere near the lack of pass assist on fifa07 though). Low passing on the ps2 is horrible, it is a lot better on the 360.
5) 360 has no sidestep and has more animations
6) the 360 version offers a lot less 'end to end' gameplay. It's more balanced. It has more midfield battles and you have to take a lot more time to build up, whereas the ps2 version is a lot more attack minded game.
7) the 360 versions replays are twice as long as those on ps2. A great addition in my opinion because it allows you to really watch the WHOLE build up of your goal/attack.
8) the ball has a heavier feel to it in the 360 version
9) the 360 has widescreen support. Finally! It makes such a big difference!

They are ofcourse both pes6 and therefore largely the same game but the differences that i have summed up make for a game experience that is quite different from the ps2 version. I admit that the differences between the Fifa07's on the different platforms are more obvious but you are a guy that comes across as someone who really (over)analyses a game and generally makes good points. Therefore i find it very strange en quite disappointing that it is particularly you that goes around saying that pes6 on ps and 360 are exactly the same.

Bumperman, did you have to post your response to that twice, one after the other? I'm pissed that Interactive Leagues doesn't look to be there, but I'm not posting about it over and over...

Mazanga, it's only my opinion. The game has been ported from PS2 to 360, to me it's exactly the same gameplay-wise. Any extra midfield battles you've seen are, in my eyes, coincidence; you can tell from seeing the same bugs here and there that the code is the same on both formats. The pace differences are most likely due to 50/60hz differences (possibly even a difference in the speed of the processors that they haven't properly compensated for), and the widescreen suport isn't a gameplay feature in my eyes. Sorry.

Last edited:

What do you mean, I don't follow you? My first paragraph was referring to Bumperman, my second paragraph was referring to you. Have I missed something?

Last edited:

Sorry Jack, I read your reply before you edited it and i was indeed under the (false) assumption that everyting in it was directed at my post.

Well the speed difference may be down to 50/60hz or the fact that the 360 supports widescreen. But that does not mean that it does not have a significant effect on the gameplay. Just look at the amount of complaints that people on this forum have about the gameplay being so slow compared to the ps2 version.

Also, you would have to notice that there are not just more midfield battles but there is just a more balanced feel to it. In the ps2 version me and my mate and my son would just attack like crazy and have a lot of shots at goal and have a lot of action around and in the box. There would also be a lot of counterattacking going on. Not with the 360 version though. I think that this has been a clear decision by Konami and that the slower gamespeed falls in the same category (so not the result of 50/60hz).

You might have also read my discontent about the ridiculous amount of pass assist on the ps2 and the CPU making sure that your opponent can hardly ever intercept the ball or make it impossible for you to pass in a certain direction (good defensive position play). This problem is still there in pes360 but it is a LOT less evident and not ruining the game as is happening in the ps2 version.

As a result, most people will feel that the ps2 and 360 are not the same, even if the CODE (I agree with you there) is largely and basically the same.

I mean, when you started playing the 360 version didn't you experience the gameplay to be significantly different. Are you saying that you don't even prefer one over the other (gameplay wise, not graphically)?

Before I say anything, I'd just like to say I respect your opinion massively. You can tell from what you say that you're talking about the game in a realistic way, you love it but you can say why and you can say where the improvements can be made. You're one of the good guys. ;)

Anyway, in response to what you said, I really didn't prefer one over the other. The game feels sluggish in too many situations, which would be okay if that wasn't an area they'd been improving over the last few years. As always with Konami it seems to be one step forward, two steps back. I don't subscribe to the theory that they do this on purpose "or else they'd have nothing to sell next year", all games can be improved and improved and improved. They only have to look at any games forum to see that. But in my eyes, the gameplay, for all of it's good tweaks, seems to be worse overall due to the sluggishness I've mentioned.

If I was going to buy one of the two, it would be the XBOX 360 version because of the XBOX Live play, but I'll only do so if I play FIFA 07 for a period of time and find myself noticing too many gameplay problems (although from what I've heard about the final version, it's pretty much the FIFA 07 demo with the problems ironed out; which will be my dream football game).

BumperMan said:
I don't really care if i lose any friends over this but EA is a bunch of indian givers.

I'm not your friend any more. :roll:

On the real though, plenty of people love the new game and you are in a minority so I guess they can't be all that bad.

BumperMan said:
I don't really care if i lose any friends over this but EA is a bunch of indian givers.
And konami are what? :lmao:

I'm sure you are talking about how FIFA 07 on 360 has less teams, cause I don't see anything else they took away from people (besides the purely scripted trick stick that needed to go away anyways).

Now lets look at PES6 on 360. Konami took away most of the stadiums, lost an entire league (that was fake to begin with), most of the edit mode, the ability to transfer players, game modes, and anything else I forgot to mention.

Last edited:

The fact the gameplay hasnt changed since WE10?

DJ

Has anyone noticed the ability to do ground shots with some power on them? I haven't been able to get any shots to stay totally on the ground.. they just stay sort of low. Also noticed that the players tend to poke at the ball in the shooting animations. I wasn't sure if there was some technique to get them over the ball more.

You'll get it on Thursday earliest if its 24 hr delivery but isnt it 3-5 days? 24 hrs to ship so it wont ship until Wednesday. They would have already done all of todays shippings.

anyone confirmed you can do skill moves, and what happened to the 'hold up the ball' option, I liked that from WC 2006, its one stand out feature I thought :/ in the demo RB does fook all :/

still gonna buy it, but just played a game on pro, and the goalies seemed shocking, worse than id noticed before. and the just dont seem comfortable on high shots and its getting to be me a lil bit, like that vid of top 5 goals is just a series of long range shots/ lobs. :( they seem to dive forward at odd angles on shots they could reach

:'(

deftonesmx17 said:
And konami are what? :lmao:

I'm sure you are talking about how FIFA 07 on 360 has less teams, cause I don't see anything else they took away from people (besides the purely scripted trick stick that needed to go away anyways).

Now lets look at PES6 on 360. Konami took away most of the stadiums, lost an entire league (that was fake to begin with), most of the edit mode, the ability to transfer players, game modes, and anything else I forgot to mention.

I don't really care for both this "next -gen"

But since I forked over the cash for a 360 early on I'd be stupid to NOT buy ANY games for it let alone a soccer one, but still EA AND Konami are slow going on adding stuff to these games. and you know what NO game of theirs has been in development for 2 years like one of them states. It's all incremental work and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom