FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

BumperMan said:
and you know what NO game of theirs has been in development for 2 years like one of them states. It's all incremental work and that's it.
I'd love nothing more than to say what I thought of this in full uncensored detail, but I won't, apart from to say "I don't think that's an accurate at all".

According to that, interactive leagues are in. The guy doesn't really sound like he knows what he's talking about though and its a bit of a shit review. He goes on about how good it is then gives it a 7.6

Doesnt even mention manager mode, edit mode, create-a-player etc etc

Last edited:

BumperMan said:
and you know what NO game of theirs has been in development for 2 years like one of them states. It's all incremental work and that's it.
Games normally take years to make unless they are ports or just an extension of the last game. And unlike PES6, FIFA07 isnt a port or an extension of FIFA06.

RuneEdge said:
Games normally take years to make unless they are ports or just an extension of the last game. And unlike PES6, FIFA07 isnt a port or an extension of FIFA06.
when you copy everything konami have done in the last 8 years, its not too hard to make a new game..

csaunders said:
when you copy everything konami have done in the last 8 years, its not too hard to make a new game..
Oh yeah, because they can just get the source code from Konami and copy it? They don't actually have to figure out how to program it to play the same?

I've never seen so many fanboys, it's that time of year again... Roll on next month when it all dies down.

I read the IGN review and laughed my ass off after I was done reading it. It seems they are pissed about the fact that every other through ball isnt a foolproof one on one goal opportunity like the current-gen versions. :lmao:

I don't agree witht he review either. i thin fifa on 360 with the new engine DOES play a good game of soccer if not the most intriguing one in awhile. however the feature list flat out sucks for editing everything from camera nagles to game speeds...

what an amazing pic

fifa-soccer-07-20061018102636979.jpg

Im such a graphics whore :p

After reading that review I want the game more, how can he want it to be more like the arcadey current gen? He's clueless. I know from the demo I love the gameplay so what he says means nout, good to hear that the interactive leagues seem to be in. Roll on release. Game better get me mine early.

look at the grass stains on gattusos boots! love the fact that the players are actually involved with the grass rather than just skating on top! the reviews wierd, and when he says about ai runs it just made it become irrelevant for me considering the l-trigger runs are brilliant, unlike in pes where if a player doesnt wanna run, hes not going to!

paddyknight said:
look at the grass stains on gattusos boots!
I know the graphics are amazing but that doesnt mean you start imagining things. ;)

paddyknight said:
look at the grass stains on gattusos boots! love the fact that the players are actually involved with the grass rather than just skating on top! the reviews wierd, and when he says about ai runs it just made it become irrelevant for me considering the l-trigger runs are brilliant, unlike in pes where if a player doesnt wanna run, hes not going to!

Yeah i thought his point about AI runs was strange when u can make em run yourself anyway

RuneEdge said:
I know the graphics are amazing but that doesnt mean you start imagining things. ;)

:lmao:

made me physically laugh out loud

that review was weird.

For years they have been moaning about fifas unrealistic gameplay and now that they have done something to make it more realistic they are moaning it should be like current gen?

WTF

I mean current Gen is enjoyable but after a while its still scripted and feels a bit souless.

RuneEdge said:

His boots do have grass stains on them, and on the demo you can see mud stains etc especially on white boots

Heaps more. For those who wonder where am I coming from with all this info here's the link again http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38965&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

"...The transfers are up too date. Ruud is at Real Madrid and Cole is at Chelsea.
When creating a player, you can change things like boots. Boots you unlock in the shop. To get credits for the shop, you need to complete challenges...and believe me, some are rediculous!!
I am not too concerned with no ref/linemen. Having the ball being its own entity is great! It really does make the game a lot more realistic.
I will get a photo of the manager mode screens.
One thing you now have to do in manager mode is built up individual players attributes. Thus through out a season you are growing your players. Having both game and season based fitness meters, forces you to rest your players between games.
The controls are the same as the demo. You get used to the new style very quickly. It is actually a lot better now.
I will have to create a list of legendary players, will check when i get home tonight.
Manager mode uses points if i remember correctly. Never saw a currency symbol.
You can edit players, so i presume you can change their boots. (I havent tried, just looked at the screens, too busy playing).
No 3rd kits in the shop.
Yes, you can make changes and transfers to the clubs. There is also a reset changes button. For international teams you can also make changes and selections etc
Yes, the default difficulty level for ranked games is still semi-pro. Also all the achievements are also based on semi-pro.
Not sure about the switching player assistant. I know in normal play you can. It is part of the setup options.
Having played with mostly other South African guys where we mostly have 384k ADSL connections, the online play is very good. Out of the 30 odd online games i played over the weekend. We had 2 disconnect (though i could still chat to the guy as we started a voice chat before the game in one of the incidents), about 3 games suffered a lag. The rest we didnt have a problem with.
For the d-pad questions. I didnt take too much notice of it. But if i remember correctly, it is only for strategy. There are 2 controller styles to pick from and they mostly change buttons.
The Juventus stadium is one of the unlockable ones though.
I have played at St James Park, Allianz Arena, Olympiastadion Berlin, Stamford Bridge, Camp Nou, Old Trafford and some others. I can say that they look really good and accurate..."

The following is from another bloke named Ghorricks in the same thread who has also played the full game:

"...Just been into the local GameStation store here in Blackburn UK.
They have taken a delivery of FIFA 07 for the 360.
Looks like all the shops are waiting to see who breaks the release date first before handing over copies to customers.
Yesterday I played the FULL version at the Trafford Centre (Manchester,UK) and the game was indeed quite different... but not like it used to be. Problems were that the players appeared to be a little clumsey in tackles and bumping into each other... the ball being seperate was great as expected, but it can be difficult to tackle... well the person who played against me said it was... I thought it was ok.
Shooting is better on the full version... I bagged 8 goals.
My advice to anyone who thought the demo wasn't very good would be to buy the game from a store that has a good returns policy.... give it a long weekend and then if you don't like it - take it back and try Pro Evo 6. BUT BE WARNED... I played Pro Evo too and it wasn't next gen graphics, sound or gameplay... just looked an upscaled version of the PS2..."

Back to our informer:

"...I think gameplay generally has improved. The 'trick' moves are now in and it seems if the players now move better better generally. Though ghorricks is right, they do feel clumsy at times..."

Last edited:

i played it today (i believe it was the full version as everything was there, online, edit etc) and unfortunately the only thing the trick stick (right analogue stick) did for me was knock the ball into space and that was about it :(, so i dont know which version "our informer" is playing, everything else seemed about right except for the sluggishness in player movements, apart from that, this is looking a solid enough step up for EA imo, deffo take heed to pepe montoto (:lol: what a name :mrgreen: ) advice, i was in game today and thier 10 day policy still stands, (i wonder who said it din't) so yeah, give it a good solid week and hopefully you'll be clear on what your opinions on the game is founded on :)

The skills are not done with the 'trick stick' in the 360 version they are done wit the normal dribbling stick.

Well, just experienced my very first case of "Elastic ball"

Oh well.

STG said:
Well, just experienced my very first case of "Elastic ball"

Oh well.

First time? i've seen it happen a couple of times, but all in all i'm getting used to it and will buy it

guys

just got the game and have played a few matches, im getting used to it but i think the pace of the match is too fast, please tell me there is an option to change the speed........please, and how do i get to it?

thank u

lazandreas said:
guys

just got the game and have played a few matches, im getting used to it but i think the pace of the match is too fast, please tell me there is an option to change the speed........please, and how do i get to it?

thank u
we were hoping that since you have the game perhaps you could tell us a thing or 2?

I think the IGN review is bollocks, from the demo id give it a Solid 8.5/10

DJ

djdoc360 said:
we were hoping that since you have the game perhaps you could tell us a thing or 2?

I think the IGN review is bollocks, from the demo id give it a Solid 8.5/10

DJ

yeh ask me anything u want mate, im actually surprised i have it so early, im in australia, didnt think it would be out till friday, well at the start it was very fifa ish as usual, its growing on me, u can certainly have fun with it, i just need to slow it down if that option is available, not many stadiums available though

I'm in Australia too but I rang EB and they said game won't be out until Thursday.
Anyway, to answer your question I don't think there's a speed option unfortunatelly.

The game speed is spot on IMO, well that's the demo. This is a game you really need to play for a while before you can rate it. 15 - 25 games minimum theres a real learning curve involved. I'm intigued to know a few things as well. Did you play the demo, how does the retail version compare?

JayD said:
The game speed is spot on IMO, well that's the demo. This is a game you really need to play for a while before you can rate it. 15 - 25 games minimum theres a real learning curve involved. I'm intigued to know a few things as well. Did you play the demo, how does the retail version compare?

I'm with you on this one. Demo speed is spot on, however, I've heard a few people complaining about the game speed already and I'm afraid they're all playing the full version (comments you can find in that forum where I'm getting the info from). Anyway, I don't see EA fooking around with the game speed after finally getting it right for the first time. I guess these guys haven't played the demo.

Back
Top Bottom