FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Ive played on the pes6 xbox360 game and after playing fifa07 demo it makes me feel like pulling my hair out!! With the passing assistance off the ball goes exactly where i want it to. Then when i get on pes6 it drives me mad. I just cant get the ball to do what i want. Dont get me wrong, it still plays like a great footy game, but i feel that fifa 07 has taken what i want from a footbal game to a new level.

BumperMan said:
I asked the guy who has it about cameras angles and zoom/height.

I did as well just waiting for his reply, if you look at the video he posted even though it was very small, it looked like a zoomed in tele cam.

so excited now. embarassed to say i bought my 360 for this game and this is the only game ive really enjoyed on it so far........can't wait for friday!

that i spent £250 or whatever for one game! i love the game, just want it to hurry up and come out! PES just seems to be finding more stumbling blocks, dunno if its true but just seen on last post in pes 360 forum 'no replays????' and it just made me laugh. very happy to be liking something new!

give me this game now :( but i think i will really get pes6 and fifa for the 360 next friday. both just offer good football.

paddyknight said:
that i spent £250 or whatever for one game! i love the game, just want it to hurry up and come out! PES just seems to be finding more stumbling blocks, dunno if its true but just seen on last post in pes 360 forum 'no replays????' and it just made me laugh. very happy to be liking something new!

yeah know what you mean mate, i haven't got a 360 game yet

Well i bought the 360 for pes6! Releaved that fifa07 is looking to be a good game this year otherwise it would really have been a balls up. Not getting pes this year so fifa will have to do on the footie front.

Walcott23 said:
about the net physics this shows some they look pretty realistic
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-iX7M_mQJzw&mode=related&search=

On the first gaol/video the net physics looked excellent. However, other times they looked stiff. Especially when the ball rolls into the bottom corner..there isn't much physics on those. But, they do look good enough to warrant a buy.

C. Ronaldo's run looked fantastic and lifelike ;-)

Me too :lol: damn you jflores!!!

However it seems to be determind per stadium, i was watching goal highlights earlier and the goals scored at anfield hardly make the net move, yet at other stadiums they 'catch' the ball and let it drop to the floor. I think the nets in fifa look most like the anfield ones in their stiffness. However the main inaccuraty is that at the back they 'hang' forward show they should give more. See the last goal in that video (the long rang effort) in the side cam you can see the bend in the nets that they a loose.

Nick Cave said:
jflores you've got me looking at nets when I watch footy now and comparing them to WE and FIFA.... foik I'm losing it... ;)

It's Contagious!

Soo......who else can't wait until Thursday/Friday to play this? ;)

MEMEMEMEMEME.

Seriously (I know I've said it a few times but I'm excited so I'm allowed), I've not been this excited about a game since SWOS when I was 11 (or some other insanely young age). I have played Football Manager every day for something like two years, and only now am I playing something more often than that; the FIFA 07 demo.

"Interactive Leagues" is a feature I've dreamt of since SWOS. I actually used to play Championship Manager the same way; every day in real-time, then when it gets up to matchday, save it and wait until the real game kicks off. Very, very slow, but then I could print out squad-sheets every day and other various bits and bobs (successful passing stats etc.) to greater analyse what was going well or (more often than not) what was going wrong. I was a very geeky (but happy) child.

Add that in to the freedom of play, especially when playing against a mate, and this could possibly be the most excited I've ever been about a game, ever.

So I'll be killing myself if it's a huge letdown, then (there will be a few Evo-Webbers rubbing their hands together at seeing that)...

I'm with you Jack. Never been excited as this for a footy game. Even more so than any PES/WE except maybe WE7 :D

Jack Bauer said:
MEMEMEMEMEME.

Seriously (I know I've said it a few times but I'm excited so I'm allowed), I've not been this excited about a game since SWOS when I was 11 (or some other insanely young age). I have played Football Manager every day for something like two years, and only now am I playing something more often than that; the FIFA 07 demo.

"Interactive Leagues" is a feature I've dreamt of since SWOS. I actually used to play Championship Manager the same way; every day in real-time, then when it gets up to matchday, save it and wait until the real game kicks off. Very, very slow, but then I could print out squad-sheets every day and other various bits and bobs (successful passing stats etc.) to greater analyse what was going well or (more often than not) what was going wrong. I was a very geeky (but happy) child.

Add that in to the freedom of play, especially when playing against a mate, and this could possibly be the most excited I've ever been about a game, ever.

So I'll be killing myself if it's a huge letdown, then (there will be a few Evo-Webbers rubbing their hands together at seeing that)...

Just one thing, I'm 90% certain the interactive leagues aren't in the 360 version.

But I'm as excited as you. I love the demo and those who have played the full version say its better than the demo.

This is the first Pro Evo release I haven't been bothered about. Amazing.

But IMO FIFA is the future and by next year will be undisputed.

same :D just gotta work out how to let Game let me spend my £27 'gift card' (credit from a trade in) online rather than paying £50 to buy it in store!

JayD said:
Just one thing, I'm 90% certain the interactive leagues aren't in the 360 version.
In the huge gameplay video you can download off Marketplace, the first thing that flashes up in the feature list at the end is "Interactive Leagues". They're only talking about the 360 version, so if it isn't there, then they've made quite a big mistake!!

JayD said:
But I'm as excited as you. I love the demo and those who have played the full version say its better than the demo.
I was made up to read that they've improved the game further from the demo; absolutely unheard of, at least for football games. EA have outdone themselves this year, it is literally incredible the amount of work they've put in.

JayD said:
This is the first Pro Evo release I haven't been bothered about. Amazing.
Same here; I'll admit I'm getting more and more tempted to get PES6 purely to play online, but then after playing FIFA 07 I can't believe I've supported the same game for ten years.

JayD said:
But IMO FIFA is the future and by next year will be undisputed.
Well that's where I disagree, you see. Unfortunately I can't see EA keeping this going. They change development team every year (or at least the main figures, producers etc.), and even if this game turns out to be a huge success, I can't see them keeping the team that worked on it this year. And even if they did, I can see FIFA 08 being FIFA 07 with a few new stadiums and the Canadian Soccer Premier League - Konami-style.

Still, at least I'll have a year with the football game of my dreams before they churn out the same one until the XBOX 3000. :)

Cant wait for this either, sadly the first time ill get to play it will be on a small tele :( Luckily the next day it will be back on my 32inch widescreen. Just a shame its not HD.

my one tiny gripe about this game is when the ball hits the bar, it hardly flys back out and seems like the ball is flat lol...hopefully it's been fixed for the retail version......but like i said it's only a small gripe and i love the game...like jack pointed out earlier, i hardly beat the computer yet but keep playing all the same

BumperMan said:
I prefer the game in 480p on my hdtv.

You're HDTV must be shit then. How can anyone prefer SD over HD. It doesnt have any jaggies or anything at all.

Noted said:
You're HDTV must be shit then. How can anyone prefer SD over HD. It doesnt have any jaggies or anything at all.

I personally like the lesser quality.It's not Standard Definition it's 480p NOT 480i which is "then" shit at SD.

The sharpness setting on my Samsung's pretty good too:lmao:

OHHHH Ladys, now its Time for the 360!!! I want this Fifa!
Sorry Konami after years of Playing your great game it get boring to see every year the same, EA has improoved! So it will be my first fifa ever bought( i cant believe that i will do this)!

It was time that someone other gives us a good footi game, so konami has to do some changes, i hope they get a big asskick, selling not enough copies this time on current and nextgen consoles!

There is nothing new in PES6 : same stadiums(a lot no higres only 16 colours)same graphics, Bundesliga is out, same shity Pitches! Only new Thing "Improoved gameplay"!!! Ha ha the same shit every year, but this time without me, my nextgen Starts will be with Fifa07 on 360!!!!!

It is unbelievable, you have to wait so long after the jap. release of WE10 to get the same shit with other Gameplay.... Ok Konami is a Company and wants to makes money, but i will not Pay two times for the same Thing!

The man from South Africa is back Online and this is what he had to say:

"...After playing manager mode, your club not only takes part in Club matches, but you can also play in Champions League if you qualify. There is also league cups and shields as well. So it looks like pretty much, which ever league or cup is available for that particular league is also available.

As for game play. It is VERY good. For example, i had an incedent where a cross was coming into the box, my striker had a clear shot of goal. I got excited and tried to stike the ball too soon. My foot had already swung through and then the ball hit my other leg and bounced of towards the halfway line. I find the game in FIFA07 to be very realistic. Having played FIFA06 on xbox1, xbox360 FIFA07 is leagues better. The ball is really independant and you have to control it else it just bounces off you and the chances of the other team getting is are very good. Scoring is not easy at all. Playing semi-pro, i find the keepers are a challenge and realistic. They run out and catch the cross or corner ball coming in.
Strategy wise, you can adjust your strategy as you play and it makes a difference and many times you have to choose the correct strategy else you will loose.

There are 4 camera angles:
Dynamic (Far out)
Dynamic V2 (close up)
Tele
End to End..."

Camera angles same as in demo I guess.
Anyway, for those who have enough time here's a link to a finger watering FIFA 07 360 Players Guide (some quick video demonstrations included). It's worth a read. You may have to register though as it's too long to post. http://www.fifa07.ea.com/extra/?id=4621

Back
Top Bottom