FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Hey Dj are u really sure it was pes6 you played, where "slow defenders catch fast attackers", not too sure about that one mate, with the 50+ games i've played most of them using arsenal, i've virtually just passed the ball to henry and walked past the defenders, letting me in on a one on one situation, also done it with eto!! as well, fifa is also on rails, especially with recieving passes, and i've never in the 50+ games i've played withnessed the so called "GOD AI" cheat lol, that made pes5 a HIV source i always alienate myself from :roll:. but anyhow we'll see when reviews start trickling in for both games ;), imo pes6 is as fluid and less automatic as a current gen game can get, which (playing with manual passing option), and i'm pretty confident that it'll feel even more "free" on the 360.

Majority of it? yes, but you can bet, it'll be more FLUID (therefore free to a degree) on the 360, even seabass stated in one of his interviews thet till the last minute they'll keep refining the gameplay and visuals of the 360 version of the game. Also watching vids of the 360 version, and after the bit i've played on the ps2, i noticed that, the player movement are more fluid and there are more STRAY PASSES/CROSSES?SHOTS as well which hints at what i've been on about, but i cant say for sure though as i've not PLAYED it (neither has anyone else who do not work at konami and is not related to anyone working there...lol) to finally conclude :)..

I've played it. There's no difference between PES6 PS2 and PES6 360. If you don't believe me then fair enough, I wouldn't believe me either, I don't brag about working for this company or that company. But there is no difference. Believe what you want to, though.

:lol: :lmao:....mate, no disrespect but u hadn't played the game 5 days ago, (http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=35352) and my views regarding that hasn't changed now (a.k.a *cough* bluff *cough*), i'm not saying u havn't played it though, all i'm saying is, i dont believe u have, therefore i dont believe there's no difference between the games on both consoles, i may be wrong though, because i'm only stating what i THINK, concerning the issue as i've not played pes6 on the 360, but till then, nothing's changed over this side ;)

studeep, yes I am playing PES6 for PS2 unless my imagination is running wild. On the Professional Difficulty im STILL having slow defenders catch Fast Strikers! They havent changed that 1 bit!

Also im fed up with CPU assisted passes and the So Called manual pass on PES is so fiddly and crap its untrue. The game to me seems to move along via 100& CPU Assistance. Im not sure ill even bother with the 360 version.

For once FIFA Does actually play a game which resembles real football in some way.

DJ

Skill moves

In FIFA 07 on XBOX 360, dribbling will enable you to trigger skill moves and beat defending players.

Brutal Stop: [View Quicktime Video] By pressing the RT or RB button without giving any direction with the left stick, the player abruptly stops. This helps keep control of the ball and unbalance the defender by abruptly changing the pace. RT makes the player stop and maintain the direction they were originally travelling. RB makes the player stop automatically face the opponent goal. [View Quicktime Video]

Change Lane: [View Quicktime Video] Release the direction control and turn 90 degree left or right as the player is slowing down. This is best employed when a defending player is approaching the player in possession from directly ahead at pace and with a little bit of space between the two players.

Knock On: [View Quicktime Video] Tapping the right analog stick while dribbling the gamer will be able to knock the ball into space. This move is best used on the Counter Attack or when a defending player is about to tackle to either unbalance the opponent and beat them or draw a foul.

Stop and Go: [View Quicktime Video] Hold the sprint button and release the left stick while dribbling and the player will briefly stop. Move in the original direction again with the left analog stick and the player will perform a Stop and Go as he will move on sprinting again.

Feint: [View Quicktime Video] In the middle of a 45 degree turn, use the right analog stick to flick the ball in another 45 degree direction [View Quicktime Video]. This is difficult to perform but is very effective to dribble past an opponent.

Context Skill Moves: In FIFA 07 on XBOX 360, the fact that the ball is completely independent enables the gamer to perform a myriad of unique and unscripted skill moves based on context (the player attributes, the position of the ball and the gamer input) of any given situation.

For example, the ball could be chipped over the head of the receiving player or he could juggle the ball several times after performing a successful trap. The more you play the more you will be able to see and reproduce those unique and exciting moves.

http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39002&sid=601b51500c8a12560decb0ca3dd30853

Noted, thank you, absolutely chuffed with this game now - even more so than before, my God EA, have you really changed? Or is this just for one year?

Apparently this game has reached a few stores and people who have played it say its better than the demo and...THE TRICKS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna f*ckin love this game.

Good news from http://footballcommunity.ea.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38965&start=0
You may need to register if you want to get access to that thread. One of these lucky bastards who actually shows FIFA 07 on his 360 avatar is "enjoying" the final version of the game.

Anyway, good news are:

-TRICKS ARE THERE:
"The right stick still does first-touch moves. For tricks it is a combination of controls, but mainly using the Right button and the left stick.
There are only 3 tricks listed though...
Not sure about the penalty shoot-out option. It does have challenges, the lounge is still there and 4 versus 4 player Live game but only from 2 consoles..."

-He also reckons the final version plays a LOT better than the demo:
"The full game is a LOT better then the demo. I think the demo does not do any justice to the game!
The players are very responsive to controls. Using the Left Thumbstick, by making small movements the players does small adjustments to his movement, the greater the movement on the thumbstick the more the player moves in the required direction.
As for the crowds, well...not brilliant, but then it is just the crowd..."

-Six leagues, 117 club teams and 37 national teams confirmed.

-Theres apparently only one 5 stars team: Barcelona:
"Oh, and going through the list, there seems to be only 1 5-star team, which was Barcelona. But i will check again. But there chemistry was 88 odd if i remember correctly..."

-Live ticker (ESPN) works very well:
"You can configure to get news from most of the leagues, not just the ones featured in the game. Oh, if you add your email to Live, it emails you a match report after each game!..."

RuneEdge said:
Apparently this game has reached a few stores and people who have played it say its better than the demo and...THE TRICKS ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!
I'm gonna f*ckin love this game.
Oh REALLY?!!

Do you have a reliable source on that? Because if that's true...

We need to set up fake-PES trucks, lure people inside and give them the 360 pad with FIFA 07 on. People need to see this.

Edit: Just read the above post. Isn't life a miracle?

FIFA 07 Downloadable Content

Squad Updates

In February 07 we will be offering the full update to our leagues to cover off all of the latest transfers from the January Transfer window.

Arena Customization

We all want that little bit of bragging and customization when our friends come to visit. For FIFA 07 we have the ability to customize the pitch in our practice arena with the club logo of your choice.
http://fifa07.ea.com/extra/?id=4581

jumbo said:
we gotta wait one extra week. dats shitty... :/

Game have already started shipping our Pre orders over in the UK. Some may get them tomorrow.

a new gameplay video with menues and everything visible, that's what i read

Just spent half an hour downloading it and it's a video of the demo. Don't bother with it guys. :(

More info from same dude:

"I am back!

Now to answer all the questions.
About Cisse is in the game. The very first challenge you play, you need to make a sub after the 65minute and you can sub Cisse onto the field and get him to score!

Someone asked about player creation...it is IN!! You can create your own players!
All the teams are up too date as of the close of transfer window. Also, everytime you want to start a new live session (multiple games per session), you get prompted to download the latest rosters, and also at the end of the Jan transfer window, all the teams will get updated.

Liverpool has a 4 and a half star rating.

As for the pitch, it does look like nicely manicured astro-turf. You can change the mow pattern per game.

There are loads of unlocable items in the game shop, including season preview vidoes. By completing challenges you get credits to use to unlock items.

For corners and penalties, the players to jostle to a degree, but not enough though. The keeper is a lot more realistic compared to the demo, he doesnt just jump for everything. Also on semi-pro, the keeper is very good and will intercept most corner crosses if not placed in the correct spot.

Going to upload some photo's now...

Scholes doesnt look exactly life-like, but there is a bit of a resemblence. A few of the top players look and act exactly like their counter parts in real-life. Other have similar features though.

Game modes there is Manager, Lounge and Challenges. For Live, you can create either Ranked or Unranked games.

In the world league, there is Juventus, World 11 and classic 11.
World and Classic are locked and you need points to unlock them.

Update, Liverpool is only 4 stars.
Have a look here for the photo's: http://s147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/rotorouterza/

You can edit teams, dont think you can create them though.

Someone asked about how long a half can be: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,15,20 minutes.

Yes, shooting and crossing is more realistic. Finesse shots are awesome, but hard to get right!..."

Last edited:

anybody knows if we get a multi language version or not? i don't want the fucked german commentary

JayD said:
Game have already started shipping our Pre orders over in the UK. Some may get them tomorrow.

Untrue - they are picked and packed. Not yet been sent.

I thought that too but tracked my order and it says picking and packing. Game have just jumped the gun a bit.:)

cowden_harley said:
Untrue - they are picked and packed. Not yet been sent.

I thought that too but tracked my order and it says picking and packing. Game have just jumped the gun a bit.:)

Yep I realised. I looked at my orders in the account section and it says despatched. But under the tracking section it says picking and packing. Not to worry, I still can't wait. I've been practising the listed tricks in the demo and am loving it even more.

Back
Top Bottom