FIFA 07 (Xbox 360)

Re: FIFA 07 (Xbox 360) - Next-gen

Does anybody find the camera angles a bit poor? I only like the default one but when the ball is on the left-hand flank my players look small and glitchy. Tik tik does the full game have better camera angles?

I actually think the camera angles are just fine El Diego. Right now I think people are just nit-picking and being annoying....

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I actually think the camera angles are just fine El Diego. Right now I think people are just nit-picking and being annoying....

DJ

But it literally does annoy me - If there are better camera angles I will be a HAPPY man as I love the gameplay (after hours of playing the demo). PES fanboys don't give other football games a chance.

djdoc360 said:
Not allowed in PES forums? wtf?
For trying to convert too many fanboys who can't help but post "FIFA is shit and it will be for the next ten years" because they can't bear to play another football game and believe they're mystic meg.

Anyway, as regards to the cameras etc. - I think the controls and the cameras are great as well, but it is a bit poor that they haven't considered adding more alternatives or customisation options. It wouldn't have taken them that long.

They've prioritised the gameplay, obviously, and so I can forgive them for that. But really and truly, for a team of professionals, you can't help but feel they could have had a little list with things like that on that they added before sending the game off to production.

Still love it though. I would literally sell my kidney to play this game today.

(I think my expectations of it now are so wildly high though that I won't be able to help being disappointed now :()

Last edited:

nah the camera angles are kinda shit. If we had zoom it'd be a done story but ea went and thought that a fixed camera determined by them was ok, NOT OK OK?!

Anyway there's other things within the gameplay which are still not that good. the bumping of players sometimes looks dodgy, hopefully with my planned editing I can fix that for everyone. i did in NBA live 07 when that game had bad collisions.

Shooting from far i have not gotten the hang of yet. Not as intiutive as fifa 07 in current gen because the precision shot is using the rb shoulder button instead of the left trigger bumper or whatever.

Net physics are bad. ball just plops in hard ugly look sometimes.

Sprinting,running look way off sometimes. You automatically turn into roadrunner if you have a fast player. Lets see I can edit that.

other than that that's my demo impressions but I'll see what the full versions like and plan from there with my edits too.

I bet the camera limitations are due to the lod settings (like low res from a distance).

It probably would cause slowdown, i bet they'll optimise the game engine and add full camera options next year.

airjoca said:
I bet the camera limitations are due to the lod settings (like low res from a distance).

It probably would cause slowdown, i bet they'll optimise the game engine and add full camera options next year.

No I agree next years game will have more content no doubt about it...

deftonesmx17 said:
I find it very ironic that PES fans are upset about FIFA 07 on 360 camera's not having a zoom option. :lol:

But that's what I like about PES - the camera angle is PERFECT.

El Diego said:
But that's what I like about PES - the camera angle is PERFECT.
Perfect, there is no such thing in this world. It all boils down to the fact that you are used to the camera angles, just like most people have a problem with the next-gen FIFA because they are used to the way the current-gen versions play.

Jack Bauer said:
For trying to convert too many fanboys who can't help but post "FIFA is shit and it will be for the next ten years" because they can't bear to play another football game and believe they're mystic meg.
Is that any different to telling everyone PES won't change? What's that you say Russell Grant? :)

I'll give this a go on a rent or a borrow I think when it's out, but I can't say I feel the same fevered anticipation as others. I think the only thing that will instill that in me will be the first decent game with 360 degree running and good control with it.

Possibly because you like semi automatic CPU assisted PES football.... which a lot of us have grown to get fed up of.

DJ

babs said:
Is that any different to telling everyone PES won't change? What's that you say Russell Grant? :)
While I may look a bit like Russell Grant, someone else has said what you said, and my response was that if people buy PES6 Konami will get a clear message that we will all give them a million quid to produce a game with two enhancements, three steps backwards and no real change. EA on the other hand, if FIFA 07 is a success, will get the message that if you make the gameplay so much better, you will get a lot of fans.

Personally I think the game is revolutionary compared to previous FIFA games, and revolutionary in football-gaming terms as a whole. Certainly more of an evolution Konami have ever done from one year to another. But as has been said a trillion times over, you like what you like and as long as you get the most fun out of it then that's great.

If Gameplay don't deliver my order a day early I'll cry and I will spend the day trying to find out tiktiktiktik's address.

deftonesmx17 said:
Perfect, there is no such thing in this world. It all boils down to the fact that you are used to the camera angles, just like most people have a problem with the next-gen FIFA because they are used to the way the current-gen versions play.

I have ALWAYS bought both FIFA & PES every so it's not about FIFA V PES for me. I'm a married man with 2 kids and a career, I have no time for childish debates like "My game is better than urs lol11111!!!11".

My point is that I DONT LIKE the FIFA camera angles. When the ball is on the left-hand side of the pitch I have to squint to see my players (and no, I don't need glasses).

lol sounds like you do need glasses though, I have no difficulty seeing things using the default camera on the demo.

DJ

BumperMan said:
nah the camera angles are kinda shit. If we had zoom it'd be a done story but ea went and thought that a fixed camera determined by them was ok, NOT OK OK?!

Anyway there's other things within the gameplay which are still not that good. the bumping of players sometimes looks dodgy, hopefully with my planned editing I can fix that for everyone. i did in NBA live 07 when that game had bad collisions.

Shooting from far i have not gotten the hang of yet. Not as intiutive as fifa 07 in current gen because the precision shot is using the rb shoulder button instead of the left trigger bumper or whatever.

Net physics are bad. ball just plops in hard ugly look sometimes.

Sprinting,running look way off sometimes. You automatically turn into roadrunner if you have a fast player. Lets see I can edit that.

other than that that's my demo impressions but I'll see what the full versions like and plan from there with my edits too.

Agree with everything said. ;-)

el diego, maybe sit closer to the tv?

i love responses like this, so unhelpful! :D

can't wait for the game. does anyone know if you can use a game 'gift card' online? wanna order it off there rather than pay an extra tenner in store.

shall we post gamertags?

mines 'padknightdy' , i bought the 360 for this game :) yes, loser i know.

paddyknight said:
shall we post gamertags?

mines 'padknightdy' , i bought the 360 for this game :) yes, loser i know.

why a loser? i bought a psp and a xbox(current gen) just for fifa 07 current gen. If you like a game and know you're going to be playing it then why not. the only thing stopping any of us ever is the cost. once that's taken care of our want is much stronger than are actual need.

If you look in your user control panel ("User CP" at the top of the forums), there is a "Gamertag" field in the options somewhere. I'd just put it in there if I were you Paddy. :)

I've already booked Thursday off as a just-me-and-FIFA-07 day (it better come early), and Friday off as a FIFA-07-with-mates-and-online-making-a-fool-out-of-myself day.

Jack Bauer said:
EA on the other hand, if FIFA 07 is a success, will get the message that if you make the gameplay so much better, you will get a lot of fans.
This is the part that convinces me otherwise though. Fifa has always been much bigger in terms of sales, and those now loyal to PES will still buy PES. Fifa 07 being good will do next to nothing in terms of a swing from one to another. Remember Fifa has sold shedloads every year despite changing practically nothing from year to year.

Personally I look forward to Fifa 08 vs PES7. More time with the 360 devkit for both teams and proper multi-core programming could potentially make a big difference in both. Fifa 07 is good, but I think the only reason for me now is because it's different. It's simply another half-decent football game, but you have to re-learn how to play - that's what makes it fun, that's where the enjoyment comes from for me, but I don't personally think it's worthy of a buy above PES at the moment. I hope they make it more difficult for me next time :)

My Friday (once im back home from being on lates at work :() is FIFA 07 Day :) my mate no doubt will be around and we will play shit loads of FIFA.

DJ

Been posted already, the reviewer think it's terrible that not every through-ball makes it's target and not every shot goes in. He's been given the wrong kind of game to review, really; I think he was hoping for Battlefield 2142...

Jack Bauer said:
Been posted already, the reviewer think it's terrible that not every through-ball makes it's target and not every shot goes in. He's been given the wrong kind of game to review, really; I think he was hoping for Battlefield 2142...

You know whats scary, that was my thinking exactly :shock:

Ive had a quick play of it at work. VERY impressed. I cant judge the graphics as I played it in the back on a shitty tv, but overall it feels great. Sometime the players looks scary though. For eg I scored with Tevez and it did a close up of his face celebrating. Very ugly.

Some might say thats perfect player representation :p

Adonis, can I pre-order the game from Adonis Ltd and receive the game tomorrow? ;)

Adonis said:
You know whats scary, that was my thinking exactly :shock:

Ive had a quick play of it at work. VERY impressed. I cant judge the graphics as I played it in the back on a shitty tv, but overall it feels great. Sometime the players looks scary though. For eg I scored with Tevez and it did a close up of his face celebrating. Very ugly.

Some might say thats perfect player representation :p

ouch

:applause: :lmao:

Jack Bauer said:
Adonis, can I pre-order the game from Adonis Ltd and receive the game tomorrow? ;)

I so wish. Whats a bitch is that Im doing no close shifts this week. That way I would found a way to take the baby home, then bring it back first thing.

Ive got a few contacts in independent stores, gona try and buy it off them. They always break street dates, fingers crossed hey?

Back
Top Bottom