FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

is it out on 360 then?

thought they were all out on friday?

Ah, I guess its out on certain 'virtual' retailers...

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
Can't see myself playing PES again until next year. Saying that, if the online mode on the 360 version of FIFA has anything wrong with it I might have no choice.

(I had to say that last bit because I can't believe I'm playing and loving FIFA, I feel so dirty :()

embrace it my friend.

the once beatutiful and loyal PES has let herself go, and is not taking care of herself. Its not your fault you have been attracted to something to luring and 'fresh':lmao:

I'm playing the game on "Fast" and it still feels slow to me. Anyone else with this problem? I think i'll lower the resolution to check if it's my computer thats not handling it.

I really don't like the dribbling. Can't "feel" the weight of the ball or the players.

But for once i shall persevere with a Fifa game. At least for now...

kevano22 said:
I've got it for the xbox and im having a lot of fun with it. heres a small vid of a class ball i played with Bouma and tried an audacious lob with McCann which the keeper parries onto the post!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2745992694737867250&q=McCann+fifa

And for the manager mode question, im almost certain you can have 2 players playing on the same team, coz it lets you choose your sides before you go to the match. I also read somewhere it is possible so im 90% sure you can.

I beat chelsea in the community shield, in manager mode, with 2 amazing stevie gerrard strikes, the first just bent like Dan Aggers against west ham, unstopable. The second one i hit the post and it hit cechs arse and went in...in the 90th mind :D

that through ball was nearley identical to Xabi Alonso's pass for Kuyt's goal against Newcastle!!!

airjoca said:
I'm playing the game on "Fast" and it still feels slow to me. Anyone else with this problem? I think i'll lower the resolution to check if it's my computer thats not handling it.

I really don't like the dribbling. Can't "feel" the weight of the ball or the players.

But for once i shall persevere with a Fifa game. At least for now...

The main thing that PES has over Fifa, at the moment, is the player likeness. If you have something who can dribble (Robben etc) you just know its him on the ball, even without having the player name on the bottom of the screen. Fifa still lacks this, the idividual play likenesses, Crouch for example, I use Del Pieros stats for him on PES and its a joy to watch his long legs control the ball and lay it off. In Fifa he doesnt even look thin, or tall for that matter! But hey, thats was from my WC 06 experience, but the graphics haven't really changed, so I'd imagine its the same?

Listen up all you people who have the full PC version!

Ok, I'm sure many notice a slight stutter in the game, even with a powerful computer (its as if its not running at a smooth 30fps even). Well, that can be fixed and I have done so(I hope it works for you also, it should as I tested it with a couple different computers).

All edits have been done in the "cfg_pc_h.ini" file found in
"Program Files/EA Sports/FIFA07/data/cmn/" I have only edited the config file for high graphical settings (so only use it if you have a machine that can run high pretty well already). Here are the changes.

Changed RENDER_RATE_MODE from 7 to 2 (this makes the game run smoother when you make long passes or any time the camera moves to follow the ball, you'll love how much smoother it is).

Changed the entire LOD section of the file. Think of this like Juces' LODMixer for PES, only its been done for FIFA 07. The changes I made here will keep the players looking the same far away as they do close up. No more disappearing long hair, kit logos and numbers, fingers, etc.

Well, here is the file, have fun :) (Remember to make a backup of your original file before using mine incase the file doesnt work well for you and you need to revert back to the original)
http://rapidshare.de/files/34672439/cfg_pc_h.ini.html

EDIT: New download link as old one @yousendit.com somehow doesnt work anymore..........

Last edited:

I must say I'm pretty impressed by FIFA 07 (PC).
I thought the FIFA games were lost forever, but the 2007 version just changed my mind.
From what I've seen (4-5 matches so far), it seems like a really good football game, less arcade than previous versions and defenders are finally doing their job.
I hope the online play is good, I only have the demo and can't test it.
Will try the "player vs player" soon and I hope it's good too, in fact that's the most important bcs I almost never play vs computer but only against humans (in PES5 and even more in WE10 vs computer it's just too easy).

I hope PES6 will be very good and better than FIFA 07, smarter CPU, and the bad keepers, bad defenders and too easy dribbling from WE10 corrected, because if not I might be playing FIFA 07 (if online and player vs player modes are good and if my first impresson is confirmed) this year (LOL can't believe I'm writting this!).

Last edited:

I have played this to death now and its good.But is it realistic for me to beat Chelsea 4-0 with Man United at Old Trafford on Professional Mode?

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I have played this to death now and its good.But is it realistic for me to beat Chelsea 4-0 with Man United at Old Trafford on Professional Mode?

DJ
Same thing happens very often when I play with Arsenal against Chelsea or Milan or any other team in PES5.
That's why I stopped playing it vs computer and only play against humans now.

Means the AI pretty much sucks as usual.... thanks EA. I have also scored far too many Tap ins after the goalie has attempted to make a save same as FIFA 06... the cracks are starting to appear just like they did after I played WC 06 for a while.

DJ

I was talking about PES5... and it's even worse in WE10, that's why I hope PES6 has been fixed and CPU (especially in defense) is smarter.

PES5 is shit anyway I cant stand the way the ball control is the fact all your players seem to struggle to control the ball and yet the CPU players do it perfectly all the time... Im glad they changed that element of the game for WE10. Now they need to take the 'On Rails' feel away from the game and it would be nearly perfect... oh and fix the WE10 Dodgy Goalies :)

DJ

Believe me, it is possible to dribble and control the ball in PES5, it just requires more practice and skills... in WE10 it's really too easy, and bcs of that and the bad keepers the game really feels too arcarde.

Lazar doesnt matter how I approach PES5 I find it talks so much bullshit and bollocks and the way the CPU plays is perfect all the time.... WE10 isnt too easy at all I find its a good balance. God I think PES4 was better than 5 in terms of gameplay.

DJ

@ deftonez:

What pc is that for? My specs are:

amd athlon xp 2600
2gb ddr
256mb geforce fx 5200

Surely that middle to low spec now? Or is that good enough for what you? tested

@ tiktiktiktik

What you have should work fine on high(its just an xbox port and your PC is much faster than an xbox). Just go ahead and try it out, don't forget to make a backup of your original file before using the new one just incase it wont work for you. It worked on an ATI 9500pro so I think it should work on your Geforce 5200.:)

At any rate, I think I will look into adjusting the LOW and MID config files for people who have lower spec systems.

Last edited:

djdoc360 said:
Lazar doesnt matter how I approach PES5 I find it talks so much bullshit and bollocks and the way the CPU plays is perfect all the time.... WE10 isnt too easy at all I find its a good balance. God I think PES4 was better than 5 in terms of gameplay.

DJ

I agree 100% mate, it pisses me off how the cpu controls the ball perfect every time, even if when im playing and you run onto a through ball it still manages to totally arse up the control

djdoc360 said:

DJ

Well proffesional mode is probably only the equivilent of 3 or 4 star on PES!

So you think I should play World Class? ok will give it a go tonight.

DJ

Damn cant watch AVI files at work will have to wait till I get home to check this out.

DJ

jflores said:
Hey Kevano22, how uncomfortable are the black/white buttons on the xbox controller when used??? Is it really a pain?

I am debating on whether to buy the game for PC, XBOX, or PS2 due to the controller layout.

Oh, and the video link you posted is "not available for download" at the moment.

The black and white buttons arnt as much as a pain as you would think. The white button is to jockey your man, like PES used to have. When you press it and he will stand face on to block the cross or shot.

The black button is chip shot which i like. You dont press shoot and then that, its just the black button and its really good, you can add the spin and height with the Left Analogue stick, just like with normal shots.

Ive seeen so many realistic deflections in the game its class. Although im going through a phase now where i just cant score!

Back
Top Bottom