FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

The numbers can easily be modified in the edit mode which is also on the 360 version.

DJ

djdoc360 said:
The numbers can easily be modified in the edit mode which is also on the 360 version.

DJ

That's fine..but will you be able to edit the size of the number as well.

I'm sure the design of the number can be edited. However, I am a bit worry at not being able to make the numbers bigger.

In any case, Roll on FIFA 07!!!

Couple of little graphical details I've picked up on...

Number 99's knees:
89852-FIFA07x360SCRNchivasGdjara19.jpg

Emre's left wrist:
89816-FIFA07x360SCRNarsenlNwcle4.jpg

some nice details there, makes me wonder even more why they fuckin can't get the fonts right...

still, shots look spot on.

lets just say fifa 07 will be miles better than pro evo 6 I know this because I've played the demo and you only get to choose barcelona,man utd,lyon,werder bremen,guajarrna and AC milan also you only get to play one half on the demo which I was gutted about for the fist time as I usually prefer pro evo and after last yyears disgraceful gameplay this is what they've improved:
1. Graphics of course
2.Gameplay thankgod this has got to be the most realistic gameplay they've had yet.
3. super keepers have gone it is now possible to score again.
4.long range shots this has got to be the first time I've ever seen this on fifa as my cousin Just past the Center circle he shot it went in the air came back down Swerved away from the keeper and into the bottom corner plus he's scored like seven other good goals and so have i.
plus on the way out of the tunnels some players have flashes showing them celebrating or tackling Etc. in the tunnel.
Plus many more good Piont's about this game and thatjust the demo also you get to create a dream team manage them in manager mode create their strip and club crest

Nick Cave said:
Just glad to see some dirt in there all looking a bit too shiny polished.... shame the grass doesn't wear!!

Yes. It would be nice to see field degradation on rainy days. EA did it with Madden this year, so if we don't see it in this year's Fifa version, I'm sure we'll see it in the next.

AOBrien07 said:
lets just say fifa 07 will be miles better than pro evo 6 I know this because I've played the demo and you only get to choose barcelona,man utd,lyon,werder bremen,guajarrna and AC milan also you only get to play one half on the demo which I was gutted about for the fist time as I usually prefer pro evo and after last yyears disgraceful gameplay this is what they've improved:
1. Graphics of course
2.Gameplay thankgod this has got to be the most realistic gameplay they've had yet.
3. super keepers have gone it is now possible to score again.
4.long range shots this has got to be the first time I've ever seen this on fifa as my cousin Just past the Center circle he shot it went in the air came back down Swerved away from the keeper and into the bottom corner plus he's scored like seven other good goals and so have i.
plus on the way out of the tunnels some players have flashes showing them celebrating or tackling Etc. in the tunnel.
Plus many more good Piont's about this game and thatjust the demo also you get to create a dream team manage them in manager mode create their strip and club crest
ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha......... boy you are funny........

*EDIT* - *reads AOBrien07 post again* , ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha......... boy you are really really funny......

studeep said:
ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha......... boy you are funny........

*EDIT* - *reads AOBrien07 post again* , ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahahaha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha ha ha ha ha hahaha haha hahahaha......... boy you are really really funny......

you can really tell who are Fifa haters/PES fanboys easily cant you :)

Re the baptiste green shorts pic;
That actually looks like they are using Global Illumination, something not usually found in realtime. A company has recently made a engine to use this, however its still beta and i wouldnt expect fifa to be using it. So in otherwords that would make this a render. (GI lighting is a technique to emulate real world lighting by bouncing light of off objects onto others, see the green on the shorts being a "bounce" of daylight of off the grass). As far as i know, besides the new engine being developed, its not yet used in games (realtime). Its also in the armpits and on the newcaslte players belly. That would make it a render, hopefully im wrong.
Oh and the pc version has been leaked.

jflores said:
Yes. It would be nice to see field degradation on rainy days. EA did it with Madden this year, so if we don't see it in this year's Fifa version, I'm sure we'll see it in the next.

That would be fantastic.... season wear n tear on pitch.... and cutting up on slide tackles.... the big let down on all the great graphic improvements is the fact everything is so pristine!!

Nick Cave said:
Just glad to see some dirt in there all looking a bit too shiny polished.... shame the grass doesn't wear!!
Have you played/seen EA's Madden 07? the Football Field cuts up and muds up quite nicely and looks spot on/gorgeous in HD!!!

I love playing Madden on the 360 if only they could make some kind of Pitch Cut up on FIFA 07? especially if the pitch gets soaking wet with rain!

DJ

cowden_harley said:
stu deep your being a dick.
MrCoopz said:
you can really tell who are Fifa haters/PES fanboys easily cant you
No mates, dont go all hardcore on me, i was only stating the obvious, FFS the guy said "fifa 07 will be miles better than pro evo 6 I know this because I've played the demo and you only get to choose barcelona,man utd,lyon,werder bremen,guajarrna and AC milan" WTF!!??, if you tell me that Fifa07 on the 360 will be a better game than PES6 on the 360 on the whole (as in graphics, which is absolutely brilliant by the way, presentation, manager mode, etc) i might certainly agree with you, i say "might" because a football game should consist of 60% gameplay and then other things can come after that, but PES hasn't got the "other" things factoe at all and fifa07 on the 360 had a reasonable gameplay from what i've seen on vids, so as a whole package it might just be a better game, but certainly not on the current gen FFS!!!! come on guys, PES6 on the PS2 imho is way, way, way, way, way, better than EA's effort in fifa07, i dont even have to tell you, i know you know that. For crying out loud they still have the same gamplay engine they did on fifa06 which was absolutely appauling compared to pes 5 , and clearly the guy is refering to the current gen titles which is why i did what naturally came to me as a result (laughed at his ignorance), i might have looked like a real ass doing it but lets face facts a comment like that deserves a laugh off prolly better than what i did ;)

BTW, i am far from a fanboy, if today Fifa today plays anything close to PES4, i'll be the first person to buy it in all seriousness, no jokes. i'm probably the biggest fan of Fifa's presentation and literally everything else but the gameplay ;)

Last edited:

Ok lets not turn this thread into a FIFA 07 vs PES6 thread guys... we all know at the end of the day that there will be 2 good football games this year instead of just Nokami's effort....

DJ

djdoc360 said:
Have you played/seen EA's Madden 07? the Football Field cuts up and muds up quite nicely and looks spot on/gorgeous in HD!!!

I love playing Madden on the 360 if only they could make some kind of Pitch Cut up on FIFA 07? especially if the pitch gets soaking wet with rain!

DJ
Yeah i agree totally, that feature of the game made my brother buy the game :shock: :shock:, also if they can get the cloth simulation in NBA2k6 in for the players shorts it'll be absolutely brilliant :D

Depends on what machine you play games on the most and if you like Sharper Graphics (PC) or you like to chill out in front of your TV (PS2)

I might get PC as I can hook up my TV via VGA and also I have PS2 controllers connected via USB to my PC which work with FIFA 07's Demo nicely :)

DJ

studeep said:
No mates, dont go all hardcore on me, i was only stating the obvious, FFS the guy said "fifa 07 will be miles better than pro evo 6 I know this because I've played the demo and you only get to choose barcelona,man utd,lyon,werder bremen,guajarrna and AC milan" WTF!!??, if you tell me that Fifa07 on the 360 will be a better game than PES6 on the 360 on the whole (as in graphics, which is absolutely brilliant by the way, presentation, manager mode, etc) i might certainly agree with you, i say "might" because a football game should consist of 60% gameplay and then other things can come after that, but PES hasn't got the "other" things factoe at all and fifa07 on the 360 had a reasonable gameplay from what i've seen on vids, so as a whole package it might just be a better game, but certainly not on the current gen FFS!!!! come on guys, PES6 on the PS2 imho is way, way, way, way, way, better than EA's effort in fifa07, i dont even have to tell you, i know you know that. For crying out loud they still have the same gamplay engine they did on fifa06 which was absolutely appauling compared to pes 5 , and clearly the guy is refering to the current gen titles which is why i did what naturally came to me as a result (laughed at his ignorance), i might have looked like a real ass doing it but lets face facts a comment like that deserves a laugh off prolly better than what i did ;)

BTW, i am far from a fanboy, if today Fifa today plays anything close to PES4, i'll be the first person to buy it in all seriousness, no jokes. i'm probably the biggest fan of Fifa's presentation and literally everything else but the gameplay ;)

You were an ass but I see your point, your cool.

Well I finally played the PC demo, must say I was really, really impressed, certainly it's doesn't play as well as PES, but it is very playable rather than the usual annoying/frustrating, sure there are some flaws, but nothing that stopped me from enjoying the demo and thinking it plays a decent game of football, certainly I'll be getting it so I can play as Sheffield Wednesday in the career mode.

Nice to see that many of the faces in Fifa are still artists impressions of what a player might look like, rather than actually looking like the player in person :)

Is there a PS2 demo? Has anyone played both the PS2 and PC demos? Do they play the same? I'd prefer it for PS2 but only if it plays as good as the PC version.

Played the pc version, full game and have to say im less impressed then i was with the demo. For some reason i could play the demo at 1078x800x32 (or something like that) detail high and it was very crisp, however on the full game ive had to go down 800x600x32 detail low to get the same kind of response when playing(although ill be updating my graphics drivers to see if that improves it). Started a managermode, never tried that before as i never bother with fifa normally, and have to say im finding it briljant. Wish nokami could add a feature like that! Played some good games with liverpool and it seems to have a good balance between attack and defending, same as demo really. Overal its still looking like a worthwhile addition to pes, hopefully i can sort out the graphics/speed setting to be mroe like the demo. Actually, ive just remember that i adjusted the game speed from high to normal. Maybe that will sort it out and i can play high graphics again. Oh and DJ, cole is still at arse aswell so there's likely to be some updating needed as the transfers are done till the 27 aug (says it in the intro screens)

tiktiktiktik said:
Played the pc version, full game and have to say im less impressed then i was with the demo. For some reason i could play the demo at 1078x800x32 (or something like that) detail high and it was very crisp, however on the full game ive had to go down 800x600x32 detail low to get the same kind of response when playing(although ill be updating my graphics drivers to see if that improves it). Started a managermode, never tried that before as i never bother with fifa normally, and have to say im finding it briljant. Wish nokami could add a feature like that! Played some good games with liverpool and it seems to have a good balance between attack and defending, same as demo really. Overal its still looking like a worthwhile addition to pes, hopefully i can sort out the graphics/speed setting to be mroe like the demo. Actually, ive just remember that i adjusted the game speed from high to normal. Maybe that will sort it out and i can play high graphics again. Oh and DJ, cole is still at arse aswell so there's likely to be some updating needed as the transfers are done till the 27 aug (says it in the intro screens)

Could you check and let me know if you can play two player on the same team in Manager mode!!! Thanks;)

Back
Top Bottom