FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

i have played the full pc game as well and i think its great

the downside is the shitty graphics but the 360 version will sort that out.

I must say the animations are second-to-none, unlike PES the player hits the ball spot on everytime aswell whereas in PES it sometimes looks like the player is shinning shots and saves are sometime way off the keepers hands.
Also the keepers have fooking awesome animations

Im loving playing a different footy game as well, trying new moves and shots/passes you normally wouldnt attempt

I think Fifa this year has took a massive step in competing with PES

You not going to reply to my everypost are you?! :lol: Will check this afternoon when im back home. Oh and the speed option was the reason the game seemed slower. SOo it is like the demo after all, good stuff!

Hmmm, looks like we will be spamming the hell out of this board with the new reply error i keep getting

I also got the Fifa07 for the PC.
Anyone knows how to make it play in widescreen resolution?
With the demoexpander we had that option...

Generally I think the final version is a little better than the demo. In some long passes and crosses , seems improved.
I loved it anyway. Can't w8 for the 360 version :D :D :D

Agree with coopz, every one of those posts actually ;) It is looking like being a great addition to pes, gameplay seems to be solid atm. Henry actually scored a freekick against me, dont think ive conceded one in we10 yet, and ive been playing it since its release! Single player managermode look sot be great, even moreso when compared to the ML.

ur only allowed 1 manager as far as i can tell

im looking forward to unlocking the celebrations because some i have seen are brilliant

especially dinos ;)

does anyone who has the game have problems with the "new" types layout?

its the layout thats identical to PES, for some reason when i select the "new"layout in options it dosnt save when it comes to playing a game

any ideas?

I've got it for the xbox and im having a lot of fun with it. heres a small vid of a class ball i played with Bouma and tried an audacious lob with McCann which the keeper parries onto the post!

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2745992694737867250&q=McCann+fifa

And for the manager mode question, im almost certain you can have 2 players playing on the same team, coz it lets you choose your sides before you go to the match. I also read somewhere it is possible so im 90% sure you can.

I beat chelsea in the community shield, in manager mode, with 2 amazing stevie gerrard strikes, the first just bent like Dan Aggers against west ham, unstopable. The second one i hit the post and it hit cechs arse and went in...in the 90th mind :D

Can't see myself playing PES again until next year. Saying that, if the online mode on the 360 version of FIFA has anything wrong with it I might have no choice.

(I had to say that last bit because I can't believe I'm playing and loving FIFA, I feel so dirty :()

kevano22 said:
And for the manager mode question, im almost certain you can have 2 players playing on the same team, coz it lets you choose your sides before you go to the match. I also read somewhere it is possible so im 90% sure you can.

Fantastic if you can, can someone with the game please bung another controller in and give it a go... getting the game on Friday ;) but need to know beforehand so I don't boot my PS2 to death when I find out you can't... All the noises are pretty good and it's not April!! :D

man the pc graphics really are dire, game seems to be getting better with each iteration, i reckon next year PES will finaly have a worthy rival.

MrCoopz said:
does anyone who has the game have problems with the "new" types layout?

its the layout thats identical to PES, for some reason when i select the "new"layout in options it dosnt save when it comes to playing a game

any ideas?

I don't have that problem MrCoopz, when i changed to "New", it saved afterwards and it didn't change afterwards. Did the game save you profile after you changed it and advanced to the next screen?

I'm using a 360 controller btw.

yeah it says saved to profile but the changes dont seen to save for some reason

Nick Cave said:
Fantastic if you can, can someone with the game please bung another controller in and give it a go... getting the game on Friday ;) but need to know beforehand so I don't boot my PS2 to death when I find out you can't... All the noises are pretty good and it's not April!! :D
I shall check this for you matey - I'll edit this post when I've done it, give me ten minutes :)

EDIT: It works, you can play the management mode with two or more players on the same side. That's fantastic, I needed that as well! :D

Last edited:

Hey Kevano22, how uncomfortable are the black/white buttons on the xbox controller when used??? Is it really a pain?

I am debating on whether to buy the game for PC, XBOX, or PS2 due to the controller layout.

Oh, and the video link you posted is "not available for download" at the moment.

Last edited:

sorry if i am being silly but i am confused about this mangement mode?

is that the career mode or something different? in career mode can you start with any team you want?

also should i get the xbox version or the GC version? is the GC ports of FIFA the worst or not?

Just to confirm my edit above, you can play the management mode with two or more players on the same team (or against eachother if you wish)! There's only a "manager" mode by the way, some people just say "career" instead. You can start with any team you want.

Just about to have a proper play on it, back later :)

jflores said:
Hey Kevano22, how uncomfortable are the black/white buttons on the xbox controller when used??? Is it really a pain?

I am debating on whether to buy the game for PC, XBOX, or PS2 due to the controller layout.

Oh, and the video link you posted is "not available for download" at the moment.
For the best controller layout I'd go with the PS2 every time, far superior. The XBOX buttons (especially the black/white buttons) are very hard to adjust to, the 360 ones as well (not that it can't be done, I'm playing the PC version with a 360 pad and I'm getting slowly used to it, but your brain tells you to push triangle or R2 or whatever and your fingers get confused, haha).

Jack Bauer said:
Just to confirm my edit above, you can play the management mode with two or more players on the same team (or against eachother if you wish)! There's only a "manager" mode by the way, some people just say "career" instead. You can start with any team you want.

Just about to have a proper play on it, back later :)

Thanks Jack can't wait to get going with Wrexham...;)

Jack Bauer said:
For the best controller layout I'd go with the PS2 every time, far superior. The XBOX buttons (especially the black/white buttons) are very hard to adjust to, the 360 ones as well (not that it can't be done, I'm playing the PC version with a 360 pad and I'm getting slowly used to it, but your brain tells you to push triangle or R2 or whatever and your fingers get confused, haha).

But what about the graphics on PS2...aren't the Xbox graphics better? I just want something to hold me graphically/gameplay wise until the 360 version comes out.

cowden_harley said:
your lucky they never have sfl division 2 - I want Cowdenbeath!!! lol

Well we will be in the same boat on the 360, and I don't hold my breath for the first PES3 outing :( , but I'll enjoy it till then...;)

All us "non glamour club" supporters should send a petition to EA and Konami.. :roll:

how does the game run on the ps2?

obviously im not talkin about gameplay, but framerate & graphics. is it widescreen?

is the xbox ver widscreen and is it compatible with xbox 360?

im thinkin of buyin 1 of the curr gen versions then the 360 version.

Nick Cave said:
Well we will be in the same boat on the 360, and I don't hold my breath for the first PES3 outing :( , but I'll enjoy it till then...;)

All us "non glamour club" supporters should send a petition to EA and Konami.. :roll:

LOL i fear ill have to make my dreamteam thingy that you can do and make cowdenbeath, wont be the same having world class players playing for my club. lol

A petition theres an idea........

Back
Top Bottom