FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

I dont have that problem, most of the time my players in FIFA move quite freely.

DJ

airjoca said:
Does anyone know if in FIFA i can do a "super cancel" (R1+R2 in WE10) and get a player out of his "rails"? As in moving a player towards the ball instead of standing still waiting for the pass?
Not sure - but if you press the "player runs" button, then it'll get them moving before you've made the pass, which helps.

Ok guys..I finally played the Demo last night for hrs on end..

I never thought I would say this, but EA is really on the right track, FINALLY! Welcome EA to real futbol!

Here's my take;

The game still has that Fifaish feel to it, but not in a negative way. Although, there are still some noticeable issues present from last year's fifa version, this in no way hamper or ruin the fun it provides. Gameplay is definately a lot more enjoyable, and the bounces and deflections add a lot more excitement to the matches.

You do however, need to be very patient with this game. It took me a couple of games to ignore the fifaish cosmetics side of it before truly enjoying it's gameplay changes. On the surface when you begin to play this game, it feels like the same old fifa crap, not to mention the ugly graphics..however (like WE) the more you play it, the more you will slowly begin to sink to it's true value until you are fully submerged, and will quickly begin to notice and appreciate the core of it's gameplay. It truly is worth your patience.

So, to summerize it all..this year's fifa demo is like a butt ugly girlfriend with a great personality and somewhat sexy body. If you judge her by her appearance, you will look away. However, if you give her a chance and a little bit of patience, the more you get to know her and overlook her flaws, the more you will notice what a great person she truly is and enjoy her for who she is and not what she is.

As the 360 version approaches with improved gameplay, full licenses, online play, and noticable facelift..This could be the year I fall in love with EA! I am usually a very faithful man. And my love has been with Winning Eleven for years, and still is..however this year might be the year where my love will have to be shared. Call it fornication, call it adultery, call it blasphemy..I don't care, I cannot act against my conscience.

Besides, who says you can't have two loves???

Until next time,
;-)

Last edited:

And you can play with Next Gen Ronaldinho on Xbox 360 :) It has lots of advantages. Anyway im hoping the 360 version will make up for the cut of leagues by making it good all round.

DJ

Looks like there is an edit mode in FIFA 07 for the 360! I had feared there wouldnt be.

DJ

What would you want to edit though DJ? The only thing I could think of using it for is making a new team, and I doubt they'll let you do that.

Those screenshots are gorgeous, I know it's of no importance but the style of the Man U teamsheet looks like they've taken it straight off a highlights program. Plus where they're in the tunnel... Wow. I'm almost considering letting EA off with chucking out nine million leagues.

Saying that though, it would be interesting to ask them if they think they'll be in FIFA 08...

djdoc360 said:
Looks like there is an edit mode in FIFA 07 for the 360! I had feared there wouldnt be.

DJ

Yeah good news indeed!!! :D Best news so far... the net looks good I think... but must be more white.. but it's oke

untucked shirts...nice.

but no prem fonts :( and everton goalie wears a random shirt...hope it is just beta.

You can't remove something that wasnt there to begin with. The "so-called teams they removed", were never in the new engine or its database, thus making it impossible for them to be removed.

Ok, ill give you that one :P But im sure you can understand my dissapointment in the lack of teams. Cant wait to see the 360 version in action though, hopefully they will have a good single player mode as i dont want to play ML again.

WOW the stadium looks gorgeous!!!!
Feels like watching a real game on TV or better.

By the way, the USA RELEASE DATE for X360 vers. according to EB/GS is now October 23, 2006. Previously late November.

Yes!!!!

Edit mode! That's great news for me. Cause if they screw shit up, i can fix it. :)

If the 360 FIFA has Benfica in it it's a definite buy. If not, i'll think about it... :)

Last edited:

Although I think that a lot of players look quite off (particularly Andy Johnson), I really, really like the style of graphics. Very impressed. Glad that you appear to be able to actually select the real boots in the edit mode now.

has to be said though those players look nothing like the real thing. carrick, johnson and ronaldo need work.

djdoc360 said:

Why are people still comparing PES 360 to FIFA 2007 graphically? compare it to FIFA 2006. After all it's still Konami's first attempt at pes on a next gen platform, as was FIFA 2006 to EA last year.

Anyway, impressed with most of those. Carrick looks pretty bad as does Andy Johnson. Tevez and Robinho look great and so do the surroundings.

airjoca said:
Is there an oficial team list yet?

nope, but ~150 teams means premierleague, ligue 1, bundesliga, serie a and primera division + rest of the world most likely.

bluemonkeymagic said:
someone the screenshots look great but how do we know pes wont look this good?!?

I think people are being too critical, but yeah at the moment this is a better looking game!
Have you seen the PES6 screenshots for Xbox 360? they dont look anywhere near as good as these do...

DJ

deftonesmx17 said:
I wouldnt call it a team list, but its obvious which teams will be there in the 360 version.

http://fifa07.ea.com/extra/?id=4311

England Premiership
France Ligue 1 Orange
Germany 1. Bundesliga
Italy Serie A (with one Serie B team - Juventus)
Mexico Primera Division
Spain Primera Division

WTF!!!who care about Mexican league?:roll: PUT instead portuguese or even Scotish League!!

ALAIN said:
WTF!!!who care about Mexican league?:roll: PUT instead portuguese or even Scotish League!!

Lol i think the mexicans would kick off if they wasnt in the game

ALAIN said:

I agree the mexican leagues are not that popular for me to play with. i wish they did a japan league instead.

FIFA sells a lot here in México. As you know, videogaming is a business.

If EA sells well in Iran, the iran league is in FIFA.

EA has a contract with the FMF until 2011, so expect our league in FIFA games for some years...lol.

Back
Top Bottom