FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

csaunders said:
where the hell do you have confirmation pes6 is a straight port from WE10?

"WE10 was just a bug fix to WE9 without much improvement"
wrong tottally different game

Actually I went back to WE9 after I got WE10 because for me the 'stutter bug' in WE10 made it unplayable.
Konami always seems to take one step back with every step forward, on top of that they don't give us - the people who are paying for and playing the game - much of an option on how we want to play it...FIFA has options for slowing the game speed, turning off the radar, etc.
I love WE/PES but at the same time I'm so sick of the same crap Konami puts us thru every year, the lousy master league, the fake kits, the lack of leagues & teams, the friggin endless hours of patching and burning...

I really really really hope lads we all havent got caught up in the hype, I played the last two FIFA's but with the case in both, it only lasted till PES came out. This year I got a new PS2 which lets me play the WE series, I have found WE10 an enjoyable game to play, but like you said, you do the cups and then you have a ML or International League. I'll give FIFA a go again, but really I'm not expecting an awful lot. From reading the above reviews, it seems alot of people have got disillusioned by Konami and how they dont seem to listen to the fans, well if they didnt listen, then edit mode would never of gotten so full, and well even if they had the proper kits etc, you really think people would stop patching the game???????????

Holio said:
I really really really hope lads we all havent got caught up in the hype, I played the last two FIFA's but with the case in both, it only lasted till PES came out. This year I got a new PS2 which lets me play the WE series, I have found WE10 an enjoyable game to play, but like you said, you do the cups and then you have a ML or International League. I'll give FIFA a go again, but really I'm not expecting an awful lot. From reading the above reviews, it seems alot of people have got disillusioned by Konami and how they dont seem to listen to the fans, well if they didnt listen, then edit mode would never of gotten so full, and well even if they had the proper kits etc, you really think people would stop patching the game???????????

Faces, boots, balls, adboards etc and what about the kits that are licensed when the specific teams about to debut a new kit? the "new" game won't be coming out until like 2 months after the new season starts.

I really really really hope lads we all havent got caught up in the hype

*Nods*

waiting for the 360 version, or at least quite a few indepth vids of it ¬_¬ then i'll judge for myself.

They seem to talk like this and that's changed and improved EVERY year, but every year it seems to turn out a lie.

WE9/PES5 in my honest opinion was the worst in the series for reasons ive mentioned time and time again about the shite ball control of EVERY single player on your team yet the CPU's control it nicely everytime and also the fact at times your players feel like robots and you dont feel in total control! this FIFA 07 is the best one for a long time.

DJ

I think we are all just frustrated over the fact that KONAMI don't change ML and other competitions structure and desperately want FIFA to become better gameplays wise (well that's the case with me anyhow).Yesterday I played fifa demo for like three hours and no matter how hard I struggled to get a YEAH out of it the only thing I managed to pull out was again (after many years of trying with FIFA) a NAAH.My comparation wasn't even with WE 10 but WE9 LEK,which makes things even more sad.I mean come on look at those ballphysics,I constantly have a feeling (when I play demo) that the ball is going to pop out from my screen and hit me in the head because the passing and ball movement is so unnatural.But there's one thing that I learn every year when I try FIFA and that is you don't really know how great PES/WE gameplay is until you try FIFA.
These are only my thoughts and I can be completely wrong but that's how I feel, and please don't judge me because of my spelling and grammar (this is my fourth foreign language)

Last edited:

I am (well at least used to be) a hardcore FIFA hater. But after reading the reviews in this forum I will definately try FIFA07. I have one question though. We all complain about the Master league in PES/WE, is there a decent season mode in FIFA07? I mean with league,national cup, UEFA/Champ Lg, relegation, transfers. etc. I seriously don't know.

There is a season mode which is usually reasonable in FIFA 07 with your domestic leagues and cups and a sorta UEFA Champions League European Competition on FIFA.

DJ

and that's a great part of the game that will definately make me play it. especially as they invented really money in this part and not some stupid "points" like in previous versions or in WE / PES.

I haven't tried the demo just yet. I'm waiting for EA sports to post their more updated demon on their website which will take a few days. Until then, I will reserve judgement and not let all the Fifa 07 hype get to me. Although, I have to admit is pretty difficult.

Everyone, everywhere I've read the same is being said consistently about this years Fifa version. That although there are some noticeable problems, the positives outweigh the negatives. And that EA has finally nailed it this year. I've read this in every possible Forum related to this game. This ofcourse gets me excited, however not by a whole lot since the ultimate test will be when I play it myself to determine if EA did in deed nail it. And ofcourse, history is on my side when it came down to determine if EA got it right for once. Which up to this point, they have not.

I'll reserve judgement until then, I just hope I am not disappointed and join the rest in hailing EA. And if I am, it won't be the first time.

this fifa play really fuckin cool.

i cannot wait to try to x360 version which suppousedly has the independent ball physics.

djdoc360 said:
Use the EA Downloader to get the demo mate.

DJ

I have downloaded this, however their forum states that they have removed the demo to fix a few things and will make it available in the downloader within 24-36 hrs.

Hey Jumbo, you really like it huh?

yea bro, i'm sold on this game.

it feels like such an improvement.

i have seen some sick ass animations so far. the deflections are really good.

jumbo said:
yea bro, i'm sold on this game.

it feels like such an improvement.

i have seen some sick ass animations so far. the deflections are really good.

Wow! coming from you, I'm really impressed. So, basically your saying that this game is miles better than good old Football Kingdom?

Its a good game in its own right, im more interested in how the 360 version is shaping up.

DJ

Bobo21 said:
Actually I went back to WE9 after I got WE10 because for me the 'stutter bug' in WE10 made it unplayable.
Konami always seems to take one step back with every step forward, on top of that they don't give us - the people who are paying for and playing the game - much of an option on how we want to play it...FIFA has options for slowing the game speed, turning off the radar, etc.
I love WE/PES but at the same time I'm so sick of the same crap Konami puts us thru every year, the lousy master league, the fake kits, the lack of leagues & teams, the friggin endless hours of patching and burning...
well that is your loss, the stutter bug has in no way, made the game unplayable... after awhile you dont even notice it... endless hours of patching and burning, are you for real dude? cause i dont see any of your work posted in the download section, so i dont know what is taking up all of your time... patching your game does not take alot of time..

jflores said:
Wow! coming from you, I'm really impressed. So, basically your saying that this game is miles better than good old Football Kingdom?

Yea, F07 has moved heavily towards simulation so any comparision to FK wouldn't be as valid as with the previous versions.

Seems to me like F07 kindof uses that Free Passing system from FK.

Seems like the passes dont go directly to players but wherever you direct them to.

Last edited:

Milanista said:
Wtf so no teams like Porto and Benfica?

Not to mention leaving out Boca and River as well. As I said before, EA has the reputation of taking features out and implementing them again down the road.

Why I am seeing more and more features being taken out of Next Gen console games is beyond me.

How can Stamford Bridge and Dragao stadiums be left out of????

Last edited:

matherto said:
such a shit game, you can already tell, anyone who buys this is a complete idiot

Unless it plays VERY well.

The waiting to find out by playing or viewing some decent vids is now boring. :(

matherto said:
such a shit game, you can already tell, anyone who buys this is a complete idiot

erm a person that basis their opinion on a game without even trying it, is a fool.You haven't even read the very encouraging reviews and thoughts from die hard pro evo fans!

I played O7 earlier today, and then went back to PES, and well....It was a chore to play PES!

Yes FIFA has been abysmal ever since 98 rtwc (great game), but this is a real improvment. And the next gen version, despite the pathetic league situation will be something to try out. An independant ball physics engine. This is what every football (and games) fan has dreamt of.

How can they fit so many leagues in a DS cart and not a 360 game, it's pure EA lazy cant be arsed this year, lets do it next year approach. Consider a company the size of EA, who let me remind you will be releasing their 3rd, yes their 3rd football/soccer game on the XB360 within a year cant have got enough programmers together to flesh out the title properly. Laziness and the hope you buy this years and next years product which will have the other teams and more stadiums etc...........

Makes me sick :(

Back
Top Bottom