FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

Is there any way to increase the difficulty on the demo? I've got the ps2 one and can't find where to increase it, which is a shame as I like the demo but score too easily on that level.

tiktiktiktik said:
i am talking about the d-pad only though, analog is fine. Dont know why it wont recognise it though.

Ive got the same mate, the Dpad from my Logitech pad doesnt work properly, but the analog does (just a shame its a crappy analog stick :(

Beardymagic said:
Is there any way to increase the difficulty on the demo? I've got the ps2 one and can't find where to increase it, which is a shame as I like the demo but score too easily on that level.

get the demo expander, its 1 or 2 pages back.

Um Big Boss he wants to change the PS2 difficulty not the PC version.... this cannot be done with the Demo Expander as its for PC only.

DJ

Well atleast im not the only one with the d-pad issue. Just played a single match for about 45min (realtime) and it was very close, barca v manu and it ended up 2-3, although i was down to 10men with barca early on. Scored a great freekick with deco and had a couple of good shots with messi. getting used to the rhythm of the game now, although i wish i could use the d-pad as i really dont like analog.

Im really liking the DEMO the more I play the more I like it, I had a great 1-1 Draw with AC Milan on Professional using the Demo Expander. I scored a lovely goal with Louis Saha on 10 mins and it was a nice goal! but then 2 mins Later Milan shocked me with a beautifully flighted cross and a nice heard from Gilardino! 1-1. End to end stuff, and a good game but it does still seem to lack that little bit of depth.

DJ

can someone please describe how good the GK's are when it come to 1 on 1 situations? do they come off the line and close down the angle?

kobashi yes they do close down the angles and cause you a problem.

DJ

Any ideas fellas I have a Radeon 9800 pro card.

And when its in the menus its fine, but when the match starts its unplayable with the jerkyness.

I have a Radeon 9700 Cammeyboy and yes its Jerky but not unplayable, I use it at 800x600x32

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I have a Radeon 9700 Cammeyboy and yes its Jerky but not unplayable, I use it at 800x600x32

DJ

mmm but our graphics cards are supported, when i say unplayable i mean when i press the button its 5 seconds for the player to kickoff.

well i got only one thing to say, casue most of you guys have already said everything i think about this game, but i havent enjoy a fifa game since fifa 98...
and now this one , I LIKED IT.

i dont want to compare it with WE10. specially casue i am so usued to WE tha it wouldnt be fair to compare both, i would need to play FIFA07 for at least a month before i can make a fair review.

i would suggest everyone to give it a shot though. and i cant wait for the 360 version.

Last edited:

cammeyboy said:
Yeah its screwed :(
Have you tried all the obvious things like updating to the latest Catalyst drivers and maybe seeing if there are new Chipset drivers for your motherboard?

DJ

TheWolf said:
Very impressed with the PC demo. Everything has improved so EA move a step closer to Konami because to me, WE10 was just a bug fix to WE9 without much improvement. If the trend continues then next year the games will be about equal as Konami seem to have given up on changing things that the majority of us complain about each time a new title comes out.

The 360 version of FIFA 07 promises to be even better where the 360 version of PES6/WE:PES2007 is just a straight port from the PS2 version but with slightly improved graphics. Konami don't seem too serious about EA's threat but after playing the regular gen. PC version of FIFA 07, they need to start taking EA seriously.

Great game.
where the hell do you have confirmation pes6 is a straight port from WE10?

"WE10 was just a bug fix to WE9 without much improvement"
wrong tottally different game

cammey, which version of the demo are you using m8? apparantly ea are re releasing the demo as it was causing those sort of issues. if u have the earliest version get the new one

id check the football community forums for info about the newer demo tho. im not sure if they released it yet

csaunders said:
where the hell do you have confirmation pes6 is a straight port from WE10?

"WE10 was just a bug fix to WE9 without much improvement"
wrong tottally different game

The PES incarnation has traditionally had very few changes to it's preceeding WE counterpart. PES6 will be heavily based, it not for all intents and purposes, on WE10 to the point where they are effectively the same game. Can you honestly remember huge changes between WE9 and PES5 or WE8 and PES4? I definitely can't. The best versions of the series are always the secondary releases in Asia such as the WE: Liveware Evolution titles. The PES games, even if released months after the final/liveware evolution titles, are normally inferior. If PES6 is much better than WE10 then great, I sincerely hope it is. I want Konami to improve, not falter.

The improvements in WE10 over WE9 are definitely not a quantum leap. Along with most of the forums (Soccer Gaming, PES Insight, PESFan and here) the general consensus is that it's an improvement over WE9 but not a huge leap and most of the good things about it is it corrects the screw-ups they made in 9 rather than making ground-breaking progress.

The difference in evolution between FIFA 06 to 07 and the differences from WE9 to WE10 are very, very different. EA are catching up whether certain people like it or not.

TheWolf said:
The PES incarnation has traditionally had very few changes to it's preceeding WE counterpart. PES6 will be heavily based, it not for all intents and purposes, on WE10 to the point where they are effectively the same game. Can you honestly remember huge changes between WE9 and PES5 or WE8 and PES4? I definitely can't. The best versions of the series are always the secondary releases in Asia such as the WE: Liveware Evolution titles. The PES games, even if released months after the final/liveware evolution titles, are normally inferior. If PES6 is much better than WE10 then great, I sincerely hope it is. I want Konami to improve, not falter.

The improvements in WE10 over WE9 are definitely not a quantum leap. Along with most of the forums (Soccer Gaming, PES Insight, PESFan and here) the general consensus is that it's an improvement over WE9 but not a huge leap and most of the good things about it is it corrects the screw-ups they made in 9 rather than making ground-breaking progress.

The difference in evolution between FIFA 06 to 07 and the differences from WE9 to WE10 are very, very different. EA are catching up whether certain people like it or not.

i tottaly agree with you...and as for WE10 i think the real improvment(not total modification offcourse) will come in WE10 JL+UEFA that was annouced few days ago...

For people having Framerate trouble, this has worked on the last few FIFAs for the PC, create a file in the root FIFA07 directory and name it "situation.ini" without the quotes, in that file write "RENDER_RATE_MODE = 2" again without the quotes, this should smooth it out. It worked with FIFA 2005 and FIFA 06 in my experience and since the game engine is the same I see no reason why it wont work with 07.

The render_rate_mode has three options. 1, 2, or 3 but most people say 2 gives the best performance.

Last edited:

TheWolf said:

but there playing catchup to WE6!!!!! there not there yet... WE10 is an awesome game, if fifa is not better gameplay wise, then its just not as good not matter what teams leagues etc... it has because 2 v 2 on WE is still the greatest sports gaming experience i have ever had...

That may be so but the vast majority of WE/PES players hail WE6:FE and WE7/PES3 as the best in the series so far. It's not like the Konami titles from a few years ago were lame ducks. I for one enjoyed PES3 a lot more than PES5. The fluidity of the game changed from PES4 onwards to the point where PES5 became a tiresome affair in midfield especially when your players stamina dropped so quickly and couldn't check to the ball as fast as they could in the first part of the game.

EA are still some way off of the core gameplay of Konami but they've implemented many changes that catch up in other ways:

- They don't have Konami's ridiculous catch-up system where slow defenders can catch up easily to some of the fastest players in the game.
- They don't have players with the stamina of heavy smokers. How can a professional goalkeeper have almost no stamina after 6 games?
- They don't have the arrow system where every player is randomly affected by drops of up to 25% across all stats. Some players in real life do have off-days but not anywhere near what Konami put it the game. Why should Rooney be the same level of an average player half of the season because the randomness generator gives him a grey down arrow for no reason at all. If it follwed a bunch of missed shots in the previous game or bad passing etc. you could understand it but it's got no basis in reality. If they toned it down, it might be good but it's just too crazy and gets worse every series.
- I'd rather have no banners than see 500 of "Who ate all the pies?" in every stadium in the game! I mean seriously!
- I understand they can't have real chants in the game but do Konami really need to have crowd sounds that emulate a bunch of five year olds trapped in a huge tin can?
- CPU advantage. Almost everybody has griped about this in WE9/PES5 where the CPU makes your player check away form the ball regardless of what you press on the joypad so that the CPU player can win the ball from you. The harder levels should mean tighter marking, better passing, more accurate shots, faster pressure, less mistakes, NOT making your players adopt the control and gravitational abilities of Heskey whereby you trap the ball ten yards off of your shin and fall over at every opportunity.

FIFA has a long way to go but the game doesn't suffer from the things above and so it's a different game to We/PES. It's not like WE/PES has it sorted out in every area, they really don't. In many ways they need to emulate what EA have done.

fatlip180 said:
cammey, which version of the demo are you using m8? apparantly ea are re releasing the demo as it was causing those sort of issues. if u have the earliest version get the new one

id check the football community forums for info about the newer demo tho. im not sure if they released it yet

Kind of sorted it now it was my AVG Anti Virus causing the problems.

Framerate is only ok tho, and the stadium has dissapeared :lmao:

TheWolf said:
That may be so but the vast majority of WE/PES players hail WE6:FE and WE7/PES3 as the best in the series so far. It's not like the Konami titles from a few years ago were lame ducks. I for one enjoyed PES3 a lot more than PES5. The fluidity of the game changed from PES4 onwards to the point where PES5 became a tiresome affair in midfield especially when your players stamina dropped so quickly and couldn't check to the ball as fast as they could in the first part of the game.

EA are still some way off of the core gameplay of Konami but they've implemented many changes that catch up in other ways:

- They don't have Konami's ridiculous catch-up system where slow defenders can catch up easily to some of the fastest players in the game.
- They don't have players with the stamina of heavy smokers. How can a professional goalkeeper have almost no stamina after 6 games?
- They don't have the arrow system where every player is randomly affected by drops of up to 25% across all stats. Some players in real life do have off-days but not anywhere near what Konami put it the game. Why should Rooney be the same level of an average player half of the season because the randomness generator gives him a grey down arrow for no reason at all. If it follwed a bunch of missed shots in the previous game or bad passing etc. you could understand it but it's got no basis in reality. If they toned it down, it might be good but it's just too crazy and gets worse every series.
- I'd rather have no banners than see 500 of "Who ate all the pies?" in every stadium in the game! I mean seriously!
- I understand they can't have real chants in the game but do Konami really need to have crowd sounds that emulate a bunch of five year olds trapped in a huge tin can?
- CPU advantage. Almost everybody has griped about this in WE9/PES5 where the CPU makes your player check away form the ball regardless of what you press on the joypad so that the CPU player can win the ball from you. The harder levels should mean tighter marking, better passing, more accurate shots, faster pressure, less mistakes, NOT making your players adopt the control and gravitational abilities of Heskey whereby you trap the ball ten yards off of your shin and fall over at every opportunity.

FIFA has a long way to go but the game doesn't suffer from the things above and so it's a different game to We/PES. It's not like WE/PES has it sorted out in every area, they really don't. In many ways they need to emulate what EA have done.

Couldn't be agree more mate,spot on:applause:

I think the way it is now (or the way it could be with the XBOX 360 release), there's going to be things that EA do better, and things that Konami do better, and this year it may turn out pretty much equal.

For example...

+ In Pro Evo, you've got no room to fart. In FIFA, you can play a normal passing game.
+ In Pro Evo, the defenders catch-up with strikers like pumas. In FIFA, it's realistic - if they dummy you and get past you, you're toast.
+ In Pro Evo, before the game is even RELEASED, you know you've "completed" it years and years ago, as the competitions are exactly the same. In FIFA, it would take you months and months to go through every competition.

+ In FIFA, the shooting is quite erratic. In Pro Evo, it's instinctual.
+ In FIFA, the movement using the D-pad is unreliable. In Pro Evo, it's (arguably) the best way to play.
+ In FIFA, goalkeepers on the hardest mode are supermen. In Pro Evo, they're nowhere near as dodgy (although still quite dodgy).

The way I see it, I've played Pro Evo for years and finished the Master League so long ago I can barely remember much else from that time. This year, the gameplay of FIFA is on an exact level to Pro Evo's - i.e., it's fantastic in some areas, and flawed to say the least in others.

My first choice this year will be FIFA, a game based on football but a game I've not played before; a football game with so much to do.

good post the Wolf
thats exactly what is wrong with pes latest versions
i agree also with pes3, that game was well balanced, deffinitly the best game of the series, (i remember my self playing that game almost every night, as it was enjoyble game to play, even with cpu, not anymore)
lets hope all this problems are fixed for xbox360 version

Jack Bauer said:
I think the way it is now (or the way it could be with the XBOX 360 release), there's going to be things that EA do better, and things that Konami do better, and this year it may turn out pretty much equal.

For example...

+ In Pro Evo, you've got no room to fart. In FIFA, you can play a normal passing game.
+ In Pro Evo, the defenders catch-up with strikers like pumas. In FIFA, it's realistic - if they dummy you and get past you, you're toast.
+ In Pro Evo, before the game is even RELEASED, you know you've "completed" it years and years ago, as the competitions are exactly the same. In FIFA, it would take you months and months to go through every competition.

+ In FIFA, the shooting is quite erratic. In Pro Evo, it's instinctual.
+ In FIFA, the movement using the D-pad is unreliable. In Pro Evo, it's (arguably) the best way to play.
+ In FIFA, goalkeepers on the hardest mode are supermen. In Pro Evo, they're nowhere near as dodgy (although still quite dodgy).

The way I see it, I've played Pro Evo for years and finished the Master League so long ago I can barely remember much else from that time. This year, the gameplay of FIFA is on an exact level to Pro Evo's - i.e., it's fantastic in some areas, and flawed to say the least in others.

My first choice this year will be FIFA, a game based on football but a game I've not played before; a football game with so much to do.

Exactly my thoughts.

He may be a Trannie fan but he knows his PES from his FIFA... Well said Jack... now can we please put a big list together...one for Konami and one for EA, and one of the first things on it in big letters FULL LEAGUES and CUPS please!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom