FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

I very very much doubt this is the problem! 9.4GB should be plenty of space!

A subtle hint that 360 is inferior to PS3 because of Blu Ray.....

DJ

I'd like to know the real reason for dropping the leagues and in doing so losing the realism the one big thing EA had over Konami. It just beggars belief, unless as you say they don't have the room.... I'd only buy a 360 to play WE, PES or maybe FIFA on and the only reason I'd buy FIFA given the game play would be for the realism!! Football Sim's seem to be going backwards or maybe nobody wants a real Sim just as long as the players look good and they can do their personal tricks, oh and they have the right label on their boots!!
Hey before I get Sony or MS bashed I only buy any games console to play The football titles on.... so that goes for the PS3 too...

Last edited:

NickSCFC said:
Perhaps they can't fit it all on DVD anymore.

For the 360 version they have to cram the disc with bigger textures, bigger sounds files (for dolby) and more stats. Also the new engine will take up space...

I don't think EA will have a problem with Blu-ray on PS3 though.

JayD said:
Please, not you as well.

Hey I prefer 360 over PS3, I'd much rather play Halo 3 than any of that garbage Sony have lined up.

Fact is the PS2/Xbox/PC versions of FIFA now fill the DVD, so to make advantage of next-gen EA have to take out leagues.

I expect the same to happen the PC version in a few years, Wii should be fine as it'll use the same old engine.

Lol sorry NickSCFC. I just do not think Storage is the issue, I think its bloody EA and them being Lazy ass mutherfuckers!

DJ

The last PC game was not 9 gig that I know for a fact it wasn't even 4.5 gig IIRC. 9 gig is more than enough for a game Oblivion should tell you that. The PC version was no where near filling up a DVD 9. EA have just been lazy or want the game out before Pro Evo so have had to make sacrafices. Rest assured they could easily fit all the players, leagues and stats on to a DVD 9.

Toca Race Driver 3 was 7.4 GB thats the biggest PC Game I know of, FIFA wasnt anywhere near that size but then again its a current gen version and not Next Gen, FIFA RTFWC was about 7 Gig which again leaves 2.4GB Behind which surely is enough space to include other leagues/teams... and plenty of them too.

DJ

They said officially the reason for not adding all teams is that it would have taken them too long to transfer everything from current gen. Thats what the reason is on a statement on the official forums.

Nick the advanced stats will be a load of crap, whats the point of having a FM type stat fest and no proper leagues to play in?? and if they are the reason EA can't get all the leagues on the disc then they are idiots too..... Sim not gimmicks!!

Ok I think what Noted has just said sounds spot on. EA are a bunch of Lard Arses!! They only do half a job, next thing you know the UEFA Champions League Game will only have half the groups in it on the 360 Version!!

DJ

Nick Cave said:
Nick the advanced stats will be a load of crap, whats the point of having a FM type stat fest and no proper leagues to play in??
I don't know, but maybe you should ask konami as I'm still waiting for them to even make a game with proper leagues...........

As for the space issue, all xbox and xbox360 games are on DVD9 and are roughly 7.5GB, not because the data is that large but because of the M$ disc security. Many of the games themsleves are only in the 4GB- range, the rest of the disc is filled with security place holders. The original Xbox was the same way except for a modded xbox allowed the booting of unsigned XBE's (the 360 FW mod does not), so you didnt need a raw dump of the game, only the game files (the only reason we were able to burn xbox games on DVD5). All this is why X360 games posted on torrent sites and such are in the 7.5GB range, because they are a raw dump with all security place holders still intact.

Last edited:

djdoc360 said:
They only do half a job, next thing you know the UEFA Champions League Game will only have half the groups in it on the 360 Version!!

DJ
Or the knockout stages missing and then call it "FIFA: Road to the Champions League" :roll:

Tried the demo...Good game. it's really decent. Pure rip-off of PES gameplay, but that is not negative. i think it is by far the bigger step forward to the previous version than pes5 -> pes6 / we10. i especially like the fact you've got ROOM and TIME if you are keeping the ball in your half, not the annoying "we need to press and attack with 4-5 players from 1st minute on" like in pes. (which i really hated, real football also gives you some time to breath i think. ea covered that part really good!)

whole game doesn't feel as random as fifa 06 anymore.

Well just bought myself a 360 so hopefully fifa will be a good outing, however like whats been said, what is the point of it if its doesnt have a large number of leagues. Im not that bothered about the lower lower leagues, but they should atleast have a prem and 1st division for each country. Although with a 140 count its 6 top leagues and the best of the rest.....sounds familiar

OPM said:
Tried the demo...Good game. it's really decent. Pure rip-off of PES gameplay, but that is not negative. i think it is by far the bigger step forward to the previous version than pes5 -> pes6 / we10. i especially like the fact you've got ROOM and TIME if you are keeping the ball in your half, not the annoying "we need to press and attack with 4-5 players from 1st minute on" like in pes. (which i really hated, real football also gives you some time to breath i think. ea covered that part really good!)

One thing I've always liked about FIFA is that when you have a slow passing game, the pace of the game feels more lifelike compared to PES.

hi guys i'm new here and this is my post....well about the Xbox360 FIFA07 issue i think they decreased the leagues coz it's as if they're starting from all-over again they started from the zero so what i think EA did is releasing FIFA07 concentrating on gameplay and ball physics and in FIFA08 they'll improve the gameplay and ball physics slightly and concentrate more on the leagues,etc.,etc,etc. well that is my humble point of view

just getting a bit of track here, i picked up pro evo 2 the other day and thought id give it another go again, dont know bout u guys but i quite enjoyed it! the pace is a bit slower and there is more control than current version, also i just felt more in control and to me the pitches looked better, so what im saying is that the older version of the game was better for me than the current pes5, what ya reckon?

Bug in FIFA PS2 Demo, The opposition goalie picked the ball up and then continued to do his pick the ball up animation continuosly and didnt release the ball! so I had to reset my PS2!

DJ

The game is awful once the newness of it wears off

OPS2M gave it 9/10 WTF? they usualy slate FIFA!

heres a theory

maybe with the delay of the PS3 they might of bumped the score up from maybe an 8/10 to 9/10 to try and stop casual gamers from loosing patience with Sony and buying a 360 for crimbo.

FIFA is a big seller at XMAS so they sudenly say FIFA07 is fantastic to keeps people onside

pepe montoto said:

Thats just nasty mate.

Seriously,I know its a demo,but that is SOOOOOO poor.

I know that its the ps2 version,but nonetheless,it doesn't augur well for the 360 version(although hopefully the team working on the 360 game have some intelligence)

Think it will be pes6 all the way for me now,also the fact I can't play as Hearts,shame on you EA,I would bet anything that it will be the usual Celtic and Rangers from the spl.

Konami,you get used to it,but to have it in fifa,then take it away,is a scandal.

:(

If you can't play as your beloved team in fifa,then are you REALLY gonna choose it over pes 6???

I'll bet I'm not the only person here who feels like this.

Same here jammo, the reason i was looking forward to fifa 07 360 was the improved gameplay in combination with the teams, modes and graphics. If they are now the same as pes6 i dont see the point either

deftonesmx17 said:
I don't know, but maybe you should ask konami as I'm still waiting for them to even make a game with proper leagues...........

If I could I would, Why is it so hard for any Football Sim game designer to understand that you need to simulate the league structure for the respective countries too??
Konami can just put in random players, faces and names, they don't have or need the licences.. and make all the leagues fully editable so you can create the Spanish, Italian or Scottish leagues.
There are only so many stats you need to define players. And only so many after game stats that are relative..Why can I find out how many times a certain player touched the ball and where on the field he was but not how many games he's played in the league that season...

Konami never had their eye on the ball in regards to this but EA's strong point was always the fact they had all the lower leagues and cups, and in so doing had the best football Sim on the market, okay you could always argue their game play sucked, and I always felt they were very stubborn in trying to make a crap engine work by adding gimmicks instead of putting their hands up and admitting it was crap and starting from scratch again..as I and a few Footballite's have stated the main reason we bought FIFA even with the flawed game play was the depth and the fact it was the best Sim out there.... Don't get me wrong FIFA was not perfect off the field either though it was/is a hundred times better than anything else.... Moan over ;)

regarding 360 version: could it be possible that EA'll let you download leagues via 360 Live - after release?

Last edited:

OPM said:

thats the one thing that really made me give Fifa (06) a good go.

The time on the ball, more control, its more patient. PES has become a game of pinball, because Konami define hard AI as being continual pressing without a reduction in stanima.

I also like some of the first time shots, and the shooting anims, despite the dodgy ball physics. You can also actually role the ball into the net, or slide it past an on-rushing keeper. Pro has neglected that for yonks. I like the way you didnt have to actually be facing straight at the goal to get a shot on target. Try to do that in PES and the animitaion does looks stupid and it usually ends up going wide or high.

This is 06 I'm on about. Still waiting for PC demo:)

Nick Cave said:
If I could I would, Why is it so hard for any Football Sim game designer to understand that you need to simulate the league structure for the respective countries too??
Konami can just put in random players, faces and names, they don't have or need the licences.. and make all the leagues fully editable so you can create the Spanish, Italian or Scottish leagues.
There are only so many stats you need to define players. And only so many after game stats that are relative..Why can I find out how many times a certain player touched the ball and where on the field he was but not how many games he's played in the league that season...

Konami never had their eye on the ball in regards to this but EA's strong point was always the fact they had all the lower leagues and cups, and in so doing had the best football Sim on the market, okay you could always argue their game play sucked, and I always felt they were very stubborn in trying to make a crap engine work by adding gimmicks instead of putting their hands up and admitting it was crap and starting from scratch again..as I and a few Footballite's have stated the main reason we bought FIFA even with the flawed game play was the depth and the fact it was the best Sim out there.... Don't get me wrong FIFA was not perfect off the field either though it was/is a hundred times better than anything else.... Moan over ;)
lol I didnt expect a rant, I was just making a point that it seems neither game(well, next-gen that is) this year will have many proper leagues, it kinda sucks doesnt it?

are people playing the Current Gen Demo or next gen?

also what is the speed like on the PS2 version? i have always found FIFA games to be way too quick. everything seems to move 100mph!

is there still the 100mph long distance shots.

Last edited:

I guy on soccergaming.tv said this:

I've just been speaking to someone who is actaully testing the game right now and he says the nets are the same on each stadium and they are the usual fifa crappy steel looking nets...

Im so so gutted man

Friggin EA!!!

Let's hope is not :(

If it is them Steel nets then they have gone backwards! the nets on WC 06 for Xbox 360 were just fine IMHO... why change them?

DJ

Back
Top Bottom