FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

Just get fifa 2007 demo,i have to say this game looks very promising!!:applause: the gameplay is really improved and graphics are still great!!!as usual with fifa!!!
ps the pundits here for us in France are herve mathoux and Paul le guen!;)

NickSCFC said:
What demo?

A demo came out for the PS2 yesterday.

Played it quite a bit. Its ok, but nothing special really. shooting is so annoying. Playing WE/PES after this makes you realise how shite it is.

I expect the 360 version to be better, miles better.

isn't it from game do you have to pre-order fifa 07 to get it

Adonis said:
A demo came out for the PS2 yesterday.

Played it quite a bit. Its ok, but nothing special really. shooting is so annoying. Playing WE/PES after this makes you realise how shite it is.

I expect the 360 version to be better, miles better.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!! NO NO NO NO NO!! NO EA!! NOOOOOOO!! AAAAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!

Shower of bastards!! I'm stuck with the same PES competitions I've finished eight years ago, a game with crap gameplay, or neither!!

If the 360 version plays just as bad (and let's face it, it will), I suggest we boycott both games, we NEED to make them listen.

Not that 90% of this board could resist a new Pro Evo :( Shitttt EA you bloody shitbags!!

Walcott23 said:
isn't it from game do you have to pre-order fifa 07 to get it

yeh from Game. Free to pre-order with no obligation to buy so go get one! ;)

Noted said:
Right just played the Fifa07 demo on PS2. Bit of a mini review this. The graphics are f****ing awful. Seriously ive never seen worse graphics. The players move so jittery and its just plain awful. The gameplay however is really improved and its much more like PES (honestly this time). The way passes are and everything seems much more like Pro Evo which is good. Shooting animations are also MUCH nicer. Player faces and everything are a shambles though. Maybe ive been playing too much Xbox 360. The gameplay is decent though so I cant wait to check out the 360 version. But avoid the Ps2 one like the plague. Hopefully the Xbox and PC ones looks better.
Saying all this though me n my mate played 1 match then thought fuck this lets go back on WE10. So obviously its not a very good sign. I'm sure the graphics will be increidble on the 360 version though, and the improved gameplay should add to a great game.

The FIFA graphics have always been poor. I don't get how people say its better than Pro Evo. Yes they have licenses, and the stadiums look better IMO, but the kits look like they've been painted by a five year old, and the faces look as if the players have all caught a mixture of lepracy and acne or some sort of mutating disease.

The nets look nicer, and some of the animations beat PES handsdown, but thats about it.

Still I'll reserve judgement until I see 07 on the PC, or the 360

Jack Bauer said:
If the 360 version plays just as bad (and let's face it, it will)

Man I really hope it isnt. In all honesty after seeing PES 360 I was ready to favour Fifa this year. Im hearing too many good things about the 360 version for it to turn out rubbish. Fingers crossed EA get this one right.

Milanista said:
Since when have we heard bad things about the 360 versions before release? Don't put your hopes too high up:D

lol well I mean bad press etc.

Magazines usually will say 'feels the same' etc but thats not happening this year. Even our resident freelance writer Riot has said its really good.

Surly its time to believe ;)

Adonis. What do you mean by "the shooting is annoying" ? Is the shooting still scripted and look like the reaction of the keeper is hic cuppy? meaning when say you shoot from long range the keeper just suddenly has save pop ups?

BumperMan said:
Adonis. What do you mean by "the shooting is annoying" ? Is the shooting still scripted and look like the reaction of the keeper is hic cuppy? meaning when say you shoot from long range the keeper just suddenly has save pop ups?

to an extent, but not as bad as Fifa 06. The ball doesnt quite go where you are trying to aim for. Whats good is that even though the 'keepers have the same animation in Fifa 06, the ball doesnt feel like it glued to their hand.

There are plenty more ricochets and the ball does feel like its no longer stuck to players.

For me it was annoying because the shooting system is different to PES. In Fifa its almost as if you shoot the way you face. Not quite that bad but it does have that sort of feel.

Peter Eyres said:
The FIFA graphics have always been poor. I don't get how people say its better than Pro Evo. Yes they have licenses, and the stadiums look better IMO, but the kits look like they've been painted by a five year old, and the faces look as if the players have all caught a mixture of lepracy and acne or some sort of mutating disease.

The nets look nicer, and some of the animations beat PES handsdown, but thats about it.

Still I'll reserve judgement until I see 07 on the PC, or the 360

I agree 100%. FIFA graphics are not even that good, current gen of course, next gen graphics look very good IMO.

Adonis said:
to an extent, but not as bad as Fifa 06. The ball doesnt quite go where you are trying to aim for. Whats good is that even though the 'keepers have the same animation in Fifa 06, the ball doesnt feel like it glued to their hand.

There are plenty more ricochets and the ball does feel like its no longer stuck to players.

For me it was annoying because the shooting system is different to PES. In Fifa its almost as if you shoot the way you face. Not quite that bad but it does have that sort of feel.

That's cool

Thanks for the reply. i felt that Fifa World cup 2006 (Xbox 360) had good shooting in the box but whenever i tried from outside it was horrible

Seeing as the 360 ver. is sporting a whole new engine, I wouldn't base my opinions on the PC/PS2 versions.

I will try them keeping in mind that they're not all the same.

But thats the most annoyingthing, so many of us are hoping the 360 version can be this all new, smooth moving, awesome game of footie, but already has been known has like hundreds of less teams and other features missing. Such a useless shame.

OPM said:
demo is now available over at fifawebportal (torrent), if any of you get it to work with hdloader please let me know your settings and if you did anything special creating the iso./Edit:

here is the direct link to the torrent:

http://tr.searching.com/view.php?id=578048
I got it on Saturday via that sort of route, No special switches required for it to work with HD Loader/Advance so your good to go once you have downloaded it. If you have it in a zip format and you unzip it and it contains lots of files and not an ISO file you will need to use CDGENPS2 to make a PS2 Compatible ISO and then load it onto the HDD.

DJ

My quick review..

Ok to start with its a lot different from FIFA 06 the players move differently, control the ball a lot different. Passing system is good allthough sometimes you aim to pass to one player and it goes to someone completely different so thats a downside. Shooting ok its better than the scripted bollocks of WC 06 where every shot inside the box went where the CPU directed it to, now you feel more in control of it. Outside of the box shooting feels erratic! one min you will belt a screamer that heads toward the top hand corner of the goal, next minute you will have a pathetic shot spinning off wide! reminds me a bit of FIFA 05's shooting it was all or nothing and most of the time you got nothing.Graphics... well its typical FIFA PS2, not particularly good (this coming from an XBox 360 player though). Commentary is sounding more and more tired, Andy Gray doesnt say half the stuff he says in real life matches! and the stuff he says on 07's commentary is crap, me and my mate didnt like the "The best players take them chances, and he didnt" and the 3 different versions of how he says this... he doesnt say things like that in real life at all!

Ok overall, I would like to know who at OPS2M reviewed this game, its not 9/10 material as they suggested as it still doesnt touch PES in the gameplay department, its getting closer and closer every time but its still not the beautiful game as we know it should be. 7/10 I give it, its worth a rent but you will only go back to PES6/WE10

My 360 review will follow.

DJ

Concerning the review of opm2 how would you review we10/pes6? I havent agreed with the last couple of reviews for pes as they were 10/10 overal. Thats bollocks, gameplay yes, however the rest is poor and i actually came to a 7,5 or 8 last time. So if you consider all aspects of the game and you rate pes at 8, would you then rate fifa at 7? Therfore if they rate pes at 10, which they always seem to do, then fifa is worth the 9.In theory.

Really curious what your rating of we10/pes6 is doc as that would shed some more light on your fifa rating.

I rate WE10 as 8/10 tiktiktik, do you want me to write you a full review on WE10?

DJ

No not needed, but then i know that you rate we10 the same as me, which makes the fifa score pretty decent. Still hoping the nextgen version is better (they are saying the right things) as ive decided to get a 360 :D

I agree with both you guys, FIFA on current gen is just behind PES now but that's only because it's ripped off the gameplay (I'm not complaining!) but with all the correct leagues and now money etc too, overall I think it'll finally be a game with some lifespan, especially if you don't want to play the master league for another year! I do think FIFA on ps2 might be better on a higher difficulty level though, the demo came out on average level I guess so it's like playing pes on 2* with slow to respond cpu players.

Personally I hope the next gen version is similar but obviously that bit better than the current gen, but it'll be a tragedy not to have the coca cola league in it!

Next Gen version has a new engine apparently, according to gamespot it is tonnes better.

DJ

True Nick Cave, they had better make up for the removal of all them teams.. if they dont I can see this one (360 version) not becoming a part of my collection.

DJ

Nick Cave said:
New engine or not removing most of the teams is a very large backward step....unless it's game play is better than WE or PES and I won't be holding my breath, there will be no reason to buy it??
Perhaps they can't fit it all on DVD anymore.

For the 360 version they have to cram the disc with bigger textures, bigger sounds files (for dolby) and more stats. Also the new engine will take up space...

I don't think EA will have a problem with Blu-ray on PS3 though.

Last edited:

NickSCFC said:
Perhaps they can't fit it all on DVD anymore.

For the 360 version they have to cram the disc with bigger textures, bigger sounds files (for dolby) and more stats. Also the new engine will take up space...

I don't think EA will have a problem with Blu-ray on PS3 though.

Please, not you as well.

Back
Top Bottom