FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

If that's true, EA are shooting themselves in the foot. I can see half their audience buying it and taking it back the next day. That is absolutely fucking insane, the one reason why a large number of us are tempted to switch to FIFA and they take it out!!

Well, that's both £50 PES and £50 FIFA I won't be buying this year - Football Manager 2007 all-year round and £70 left over, nice! :thumbup:

Edit:

IGN.com said:
In Manager Mode, you earn experience points after each match that can be used to improve player attributes or buy new traits. You could "sell yourself to the devil," as EA put it, and sell a trait like Injury Prone.
bye.gif

Last edited:

@ STG & saunders : about the gameplay are you talking about the little arena show with ronaldinho and puyol? if so how could you tell that the gameplay is decent enough by watching one player move with the ball? :confused:, i couldn't, but all i could really notice was the ball physics, and that looked alright ;), roll on a 11 v 11 full match, i need to properly see it in action.
@ WEtongelre : Off the pitch meaning aside from gameplay content, or in other words, "other contents of the game".and they were talking about the teams not the leagues and Yes it is the 360 version
@ Jack: :lmao: :lol:, looks like another point to add to EA's list of stolen goods from konami :D

Last edited:

Fifa 07 got 9/10 in OPS2 mag!

It looks really good. Defo looking forward to it now.

Pure marketing lazy arseness thats all, FIFA is coming out on all the other platforms first and thus EA think they will get sales there and then hope people will buy the 360 version so that they get two sales into a home instead of one. I feel really gutted for fans of other league sides, I bought FIFA 2005 cause West Ham were in the Championship then, so gutting people.

Who here wont be buying FIFA on 360 if the lower leagues are not put in??
I know I'll be buying a 360 just to play PES or WE on and would have given FIFA a go.... But if they cut the lower leagues out I for one wont buy it, it's the main reason I bought any of them.... to play full league structures. :roll:

They never got our kit right in FIFA did they Nick? :mrgreen:

This is diabolical! they seem to have made a decent engine this time around but they screw us by dropping the amount of teams in the game? if you think on average there are 20 teams per league they will only have 7 Leagues for us to choose from? Thats pretty shitty!

DJ

They also dont have create a club in the 360 version! what the fuck is wrong with them EA Wankers? Yeah the PS2 demo is out but what about the PC version? why isnt that out yet

DJ

As far as I can see, the main groups who buy (or potentially buy) FIFA are:

Box-Art Lovers (including kids and aunties who buy it for their nephews because it's got Rooney on the front)
Graphics Lovers (including people who don't know about XPORTs and option files giving authenticish kits in PES)
Kids and Trick Lovers ("wow, Ronaldinho can beat seven men, flip the ball up, balance it on his arse, fart on it and blow it into the goal, OMG LUV IT LOLOLOL")
Lower League fans (that's me)

The box-art category will always make EA money, and the kids one as well seeing as it's got a million tricks in. The graphics lovers may be slightly put off if there's only half as many licensed kits to look at, but the lower league fans who own an XBOX 360 will be totally gone. That's a lot of people.

If you say each of those categories is 25% of their FIFA-buying customers (or reduce it to 20%, or even 10%), that is hundreds of thousands of customers they've just lost. Not many lower-league fans are going to buy it for the PS2 if they've got a 360 sitting there; they've just bought a new console, they won't be touching the old one again in a long time. They'll save their money and buy Very Scary FPS 7 (360 exclusive).

Surely they must realise?!

Last edited:

studeep said:
@ STG & saunders : about the gameplay are you talking about the little arena show with ronaldinho and puyol? if so how could you tell that the gameplay is decent enough by watching one player move with the ball? :confused:, i couldn't, but all i could really notice was the ball physics, and that looked alright ;), roll on a 11 v 11 full match, i need to properly see it in action.
@ WEtongelre : Off the pitch meaning aside from gameplay content, or in other words, "other contents of the game".and they were talking about the teams not the leagues and Yes it is the 360 version
@ Jack: :lmao: :lol:, looks like another point to add to EA's list of stolen goods from konami :D
go on youtube, there are tons of in game gameplay, it looks good

I know the 360 version looks the most interesting, but has anyone played the ps2 demo available with The Sun paper today? Does it play any better? And if anyone bothered to buy Ops2m, can you give us some details on the review? I don't want to pay £5.99 for a mag with the same demo disc as last month!

Beardymagic said:
I know the 360 version looks the most interesting, but has anyone played the ps2 demo available with The Sun paper today? Does it play any better? And if anyone bothered to buy Ops2m, can you give us some details on the review? I don't want to pay £5.99 for a mag with the same demo disc as last month!

Its the same demo apart from N4S Carbon.

I'll do a scan. Gimme 30mins. Its an interesting read...

any chance for a slittle bigger version? ;) can hardly read this

btw, no demo today, saturday or sunday. kinda sucks seeing the ps2 demo out for some time allready...

Cheers Adonis, would be nice if you could get it bigger though.

OPM said:
any chance for a slittle bigger version? ;) can hardly read this

you joking right?

Ok newbs, click the images then when the new image comes up save it onto your comp. You can zoom in all you want then.

got you pm mate, looks like imageshack downscaled the image. gimme 5mins

Last edited by a moderator:

much better, thanks, good read. now i want to try this even more - c'mon lazy ea, give us the demo.

Its unrealistic...... we lose to Arsenal 4-0? But we beat them 2-1 in the cup all them years ago!! :mrgreen:

Our centre backs are too slow to cope with Henry? Err ok maybe they are right, one of our centre backs is an alky!!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

NP regarding the scans ;)

Im really looking forward to this game, probably the first time since I discovered ISS/PES. With next gen PES looking nothing special Fifa has taking its opportunity to catch up on Konami.

The graphics look good, and the players look vibrant and alive. I really want to get my hands on this and see how it plays.

Since I was a young kid i waz looking forward to the fifa games but since i played fifa 06 i decided Forget fifa i never wanna play it again then i wached on trailer for Fifa 07 and then i thought forget wot i sed iam looking forward to it :)

Back
Top Bottom