FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

I just hope it comes out on the PS3 sometime this year or early next year, because for the first time in years i think it'll be fair if i gave EA a chance, i think they're finally coming to terms with what a foothball game should be, play and fell like.

But i'm only giving the next-gen version a try as i know the current gen versions wouldn't change for s**t.

FIFA 07 isnt coming out on PS3 Stu, that has been confirmed by EA.

DJ

DJ, you dont know that, I expect to see a FIFA game for the PS3 come around Jan time, maybe Feb, certainly no way will they wait a year to release a FIFA game on the console, it may not make launch, but dont be surprised if it turned up the week before Christmas.

Well thats what was mentioned about by MS, Sony wont get next gen outings of PES or FIFA games until next time around. I think there is some truth to that, they have created next gen FIFA on the Xbox360 platform and for the same reason as PES6 they wont port it across to the PS3 as there isnt much point.

DJ

Holio said:
DJ, you dont know that, I expect to see a FIFA game for the PS3 come around Jan time, maybe Feb, certainly no way will they wait a year to release a FIFA game on the console, it may not make launch, but dont be surprised if it turned up the week before Christmas.
No, you wont see a FIFA on the PS3 until around this time next year. EA said this themselves.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/728/728689p1.html
A next-gen FIFA 07, on the other hand, will only be released on the Xbox 360. After speaking with reps at EA, we learned that there is no signed, sealed and delivered "deal" of exclusivity. FIFA 07 is "exclusive" to the Xbox 360 because it isn't ready to be released on the PS3 until about this time next year. Quite simply, Microsoft scored an exclusive by default.

Thanks for the backup deftones :) thats what I read....

DJ

Well MS are a bunch of wankers, its either a 12month exclusivity or it isnt!!

DJ

Well its 12month exclusive if the games arent being released for ps3 till a year later. In the konami case i can understand it as they have shitty release procedures. However fifa not releasing it for ps3 in jan or something alike i do find suprising based on their history.

However if you look at it from a competitors point of view they really dont need to release the game to make more money. Infact it could hinder their sales even. Look at it this way, if they release fifa07 for the ps3 before or just after xmas its gonna be known before ps2 version is released and people that would normally buy the game for the ps2 will wait for a ps3 to be available and then buy fifa07 next-gen. With the likelyhood of limited ps3's around it will lessen their sales quota.

Now if they just dont release one (they dont need to as konami arent either) people with ps2's will buy it, or people will go out and buy an xbox360 and get it straight away and not need to wait for a ps3 to be available again(which is likely in my case with pes360). With this they sell the game immediatly and the lack of ps3's is of no consequence, same for konami. Its actually quite logical from a sales perspective, although company politics with sony wont improve.

What have EA done with the nets? :'( omg I wanna cry!! aarggg come on this is NEXT-GEN!! The nets must now like Madrid's Bernabeu stadium. Is it so difficult to make realistic nets? I'm really dissapointend. Come on EA. This may have no excuse!!

Realistic nets. PLEASE!

Last edited:

Well having just watched the latest video/interview that was posted. Here are my current thoughts.

The online podcast idea looks very good, if its well implemented.

The graphics look out of this world, apart from 1 major thing..... yes you guessed it THE NETS :shock: . If they stay like that Fifa is going to be a laughing stock.

The gameplay actually looks very realistic from what I saw, a little concerned with the ronaldinho demo becase that looks shocking in my opinion.

Sort the nets out EA and you may just surprise us sceptics.

NickSCFC said:
Are you guys arguin about the way the net moves when the ball hits it or the size of them?

The ball hits the back of the net and comes out with no net annimation its just like a solid brick wall.

We had net animation on the ps1 for gods sake.

NickSCFC said:
Are you guys arguin about the way the net moves when the ball hits it or the size of them?

Every single detail of the net is horrible... I'm really disappointed like hundreds of other people at this forum. Come on. This is NEXT-GEN! No Fifa 96 on atari or something. aaargggggggg. ](*,) Why Football Kingdom (Namco) can make realistic nets and why can't Konami and EA not??? Arrggggg come on EA! Is this a joke?

Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

I think it will be BETA! christ non moving nets are so 2 generations ago!! If they fuck that up then they will be the laughing stock of the games world!

DJ

djdoc360 said:
I think it will be BETA! christ non moving nets are so 2 generations ago!! If they fuck that up then they will be the laughing stock of the games world!

DJ

I agree. This must be a joke. But why? why should they use a beta net cunstraction?

Maybe they have re-written CERTAIN elements of FIFA 07 for 360 and that is one of the things they are changing perhaps?

DJ

As far as the net thing....I think NO game is in developement for two years well any sports game any way it's mostly hype and 30 percent work. the nets will be fixed

BumperMan said:
As far as the net thing....I think NO game is in developement for two years well any sports game any way it's mostly hype and 30 percent work. the nets will be fixed

Fixing the nets? I will pray for it. The game look really good. I had never a good feeling about the Fifa series. This is the very first time. But when I see the nets. Frustrating.......

Last edited:

Yes, but I really give much about realistic nets. Football means for 99,5% for make goals right? The net must be realistic for that feeling I think. Let's hope that EA will fix this aweful walls.

Last edited:

WEtongelre said:
Yes, but I really give much about realistic nets. Football means for 99,5% for make goals right? The net must be realistic for that feeling I think. Let's hope that EA will fix this aweful walls.

Sorry guys but I can't believe some of you are actually thinking the final version of this game could present hockey goals like the ones on that video. No way.

Obviously if you think logically you'll realise that it's probly cause of the point Dj made or it's cause its a beta version. To think the final version will be that way is laughable, just like Halo 3 with water gun, gun models or Saints row having tyres that dont spin on all the car models. its only temporary i know that for certain

jay666 said:
You lot are joking about the nets?
Nah we are not but that video could have been based on an EARLIER BETA version of FIFA 07 who knows? To have nets like bricks is like going back to FIFA 97 on PC and PS1 and that would be a complete disaster! Current Gen nets do a reasonable job and look ok.

On the 'Infamous' BETA Version of Sonic The Hedgehog 2 for example: Sonics Speeding up Animation is more fluid and contains more frames than the FINAL animation. He has an odd Twirling effect inside his legs when he hits the speed. He doesnt have that on the Final. A level called Hidden Palace was in Sonic 2 right up until FINAL when it was suddenly pulled from the game (apparently due to time constraints)

So you see Games can undergo tonnes of changes during their development, either small ones like the Sonic Anims or major ones like Hidden Palace going missing.....

DJ

I played ps2 FIFA 06 yesterday and the nets seemed static there too, although for me I'm not bothered. I just want better shooting like in pes. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing more of FIFA and playing it, I won't expect the world from it but a similar game to pes with all the leagues would be great.

Back
Top Bottom