FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

Jack Bauer said:
It's horrible seeing the amount of teams on this, the amount of things you can win, the amount of features and the graphics. I've been playing Table Tennis for the XBOX 360 all morning and it proves undoubtedly that you CAN have gameplay AND next-generation graphics that you can be in awe of. Looking at PES6's graphics, I'm so disappointed. Just because we love the gameplay, why does that mean we have to settle for GOD-AWFUL visuals?? I know it's not as important, but we could still have it. It looks EXACTLY the same, but in hi-definition. It doesn't excite me. I've done everything there is to do in it already, if they can't even give it a REAL facelift, never mind add new features, then what's the point?

As usual, I'm holding out so much hope for FIFA this year. I would do anything for them to make a game that destroys PES. There would be so much more to do, it would last so much longer. If that online league mode (absolute SHIT that it's not on the 360 by the way, what the fuck were they thinking??) covered every league in the game (and I don't see why it doesn't really), and the gameplay matched Pro Evolution's, it would probably be the best game I can imagine ever playing.

It's not fair that games can look like Table Tennis, and play like crap. I hope that one day, EA will figure out that adding gameplay will give them the football-game market on a plate (even more so, eliminating pretty much all sales of PES), and we'll all have the game of our dreams.

From this:
pong.png

To this:
thumb.3.jpg

Come on Konami, this is the age we live in.

i agree! i hope fifa is great, then its bye bye pes, looks exactly the same, talk bout lazy

BUt KOnami are quickly catching up on licencing, perhaps in a couple of years we'll be talking about PES owning the market!

Didn't PES 5 outsell FIFA 06?

They can only have two English Premiership teams licensed at a time until 2010 now that EA have the Premiership exclusive license for another four years. Not only that but they could easily add (at least) one lower league for every country, without licenses (a lot of other games do - give them all fake names, I don't care, I'll stay awake pretty much 24/7 for a month to fix them all if neccessary). But they don't.

They're not prepared to pay for extra data researchers. They're not even prepared to pay for artists who know how to get better graphics out of a next-generation console (how many more matches do I have to play in that French stadium with arches at one end, they're not adding ANYTHING new, are they?). So that's both camps, the "I'm bored of winning the World Cup" guys and the "wow, look at the graphics in FIFA" guys abandoning PES entirely. I realise gameplay is paramount, but come on. Yes, it's got better gameplay than FIFA, but I'VE WON EVERYTHING ALREADY. Even multiplayer is losing interest with me now. It's all the same.

They're doing all this to save money but at some point they've got to realise that they're going to lose customers, which leads to losing money. But maybe they're only bothered about selling the game in Japan, which I'm sure will do better than FIFA over there. In which case... We've all got to pray that EA realises how much more money they can make by making good gameplay and shutting PES out of the market.

I can't see it happening, but I hope to Christ it does.

Last edited:

NickSCFC said:
Didn't PES 5 outsell FIFA 06?

Nope, but PES5 certainly is catching up on yearly sales due to going to platinum.

Great post Jack, agree with everything 100% :applause:

Jack Bauer said:
They can only have two English Premiership teams licensed at a time until 2010 now that EA have the Premiership exclusive license for another four years. Not only that but they could easily add (at least) one lower league for every country, without licenses (a lot of other games do - give them all fake names, I don't care, I'll stay awake pretty much 24/7 for a month to fix them all if neccessary). But they don't. They're not prepared to pay for extra data researchers. They're not even prepared to pay for artists who know how to get better graphics out of a next-generation console (how many more matches do I have to play in that French stadium with arches at one end, they're not adding ANYTHING new, are they?). So that's both camps, the "I'm bored of winning the World Cup" and the "I buy FIFA for the graphics" looking at buying FIFA 07 instead.

They're doing all this to save money but at some point they've got to realise that they're going to lose customers, which leads to losing money.

Give them a chance on the graphics, last years FIFA game wasn't exactly amazing to look at (Leather faces anyone?). It was their first try with that hardware, so it's been forgiven now. Now if Konami botch the graphics next year, go right ahead and slate them for it. Because next year (hopefully) we'll get the FULL Next-Gen treatment (there will be no current-gen console (PS2) holding it back.

Well lets keep our fingers crossed EA deliver a game play to rival Konami, that should put a rocket up Pondtrout and his team... and that can only be a good thing for the genre as a whole!!:applause:

STG said:
Give them a chance on the graphics, last years FIFA game wasn't exactly amazing to look at (Leather faces anyone?). It was their first try with that hardware, so it's been forgiven now. Now if Konami botch the graphics next year, go right ahead and slate them for it. Because next year (hopefully) we'll get the FULL Next-Gen treatment (there will be no current-gen console (PS2) holding it back.
Agreed, it could take time to get it right on a next-gen console, but they've supposedly been working on the 360 version for a year. And yeah, the FIFA faces were a bit dodgy, but the stadia, the presentation, the lighting effects on things like the ball...

I played the first and second FIFA on the 360 and it killed me to get rid of them. The gameplay was fucking awful, unfortunately that's what I expect of this year's FIFA too (they've promised for years and failed every time, I mean last year there was a bug where keepers could never get sent off and in an interview they literally said "graphics come first, we're not too concerned about that"). But the presentation was absolutely stunning. If you saw it from a distance, heard it from a distance, you'd think it was Sky's coverage of the World Cup, you really would. Stunning. Now I admit gameplay always comes first. But they're not altering anything else in the game. Why do I want to play a game I completed four years ago? As far as I'm concerned, that's what it is. I've won every competition I wanted to win, played mates at it. Done. Now make a new game.

Nick Cave said:
Well lets keep our fingers crossed EA deliver a game play to rival Konami, that should put a rocket up Pondtrout and his team... and that can only be a good thing for the genre as a whole!!:applause:
Precisely my point, although hopefully they'll make it so good that we'll forget Konami ever made football games and watch Evo-Web get renamed to FIFA-Web. (I'm living in a dream world aren't I EA...)

Last edited:

Jack Bauer said:
Precisely my point, although hopefully they'll make it so good that we'll forget Konami ever made football games and watch Evo-Web get renamed to FIFA-Web. (I'm living in a dream world aren't I EA...)

That would be fantastic just think of the arguments and bans that would ensue.....:lmao:

common guys the graphic of pes6 is not that bad for they first nextgen game, we can't judge the game, by just seeing game vid in the same stadium, even that i think the pitch and the lighting is great

Personally I could care less about graphics, I could care less about licenses. I don't care how many boots a game has or if they're "real", I don't care about balls in the game as long as there is at least one that is fairly round.

I want good gameplay and a proper career mode with multiple divisions, multiple cups, promotions and relegations, managers changing jobs, things like that, all the other graphical trim is not something I particularly care about, I play a game to enjoy the gameplay and immersion, I watch a live football match to see lots of licensed kits and boots.....

Placebo said:
Personally I could care less about graphics, I could care less about licenses. I don't care how many boots a game has or if they're "real", I don't care about balls in the game as long as there is at least one that is fairly round.

I want good gameplay and a proper career mode with multiple divisions, multiple cups, promotions and relegations, managers changing jobs, things like that, all the other graphical trim is not something I particularly care about, I play a game to enjoy the gameplay and immersion, I watch a live football match to see lots of licensed kits and boots.....
Same as but.... having said that if the presentation could match a brilliant gameplay engine and the graphics could be good (like I personally think them 360 FIFA 07 shots look good) then id be happy :)

DJ

I think IGN did a hands on review mate, check them out.

hopefully it plays a bit like WE10 eh cammeyboy :)

DJ

:) I just beat you to it deftonesmx17 :) the review sounds really promising, a lot better than previous reviews, as I mentioned before OPS2M usually slate FIFA to death, this year they have said how good it is :)

DJ

Cheers fellas ive allready read that im waiting for some in game footage 8)

Im keeping an open mind towards fifa this year.

Jack Bauer said:
(how many more matches do I have to play in that French stadium with arches at one end, they're not adding ANYTHING new, are they?)

They only used that stadium in last week's demo cause the Super Cup was on Friday. I'd have liked them to have included one of the new stadiums in the demo...

Emirates maybe?

Wow.. looks like Fifa 07 on the 360 will feature interactive leagues:

Team Xbox said:
Let’s switch over to some features of the actual game. Will FIFA 07 on the Xbox 360 feature interactive leagues like its current-gen counterpart?

Andrew W: Absolutely. For us, online is a very big component for the next-gen systems.

What awesome news. What other online features can you discuss at this time?

Andrew W: In addition to the interactive leagues, we are looking at implementing a real-time ticker. This would feature twenty-plus leagues and thirty-plus competitions globally that would be updated on a regular basis. We’re also looking at real-time searchable news by individual club, as well as real-time statistics and localized news for those regions where football dominates all other sports. For instance, if you’re playing FIFA 07 in Germany, you’ll be given up-to-the minute information based on football happenings in your region

Full interview:
http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1712/FIFA-07-Soccer-Interview/p3/

I'm confused cause in the Eurogamer interview they say Interactive Leagues wont be in the 360 version because of the small userbase. And now they state it indeed will be in the 360 version; I'm confused.

Btw, the whole Microsoft press-conference in videoform. Good news; video of Fifa360 starts somewhere in the 6th minute.

http://www.gaming-media.de/GC2K6/Videos/MicrosoftPK.wmv

Credits goes to 'MUFCTheReligion' from soccergaming.tv

I just finished watching it.. I wish they just had FIFA 07 part because I don't think I will watch the other games.. the video is like 200mb.. I didnt listen to what they were talking about but i watched they vids they showed.. looks nice.. but it still looks like the ball is stuck to their feet.. a little..

Also.. You guys say you want FIFA to destroy PES.. Sometimes I feel the same way.. But why does Konami keep giving us these versions that have a few updates and nothing else? Because they know there's no game that actually comes close to PES.. But lets say FIFA destroys PES.. Knowing that FIFA doesn't improve gamplay too much, right now, I dont know about FIFA 07, but FIFA doesnt improve their gameplay much, what makes you think EA won't do the same thing Konami is doing now? They would be ahead of PES.. And they would basically give us the same version of the game every year.. with updated uniforms and stuff..

That's just my opinion.. If you have any questions about what I just said, please ask.

NickSCFC said:
They only used that stadium in last week's demo cause the Super Cup was on Friday. I'd have liked them to have included one of the new stadiums in the demo...

Emirates maybe?
In my PS2 mag I think it confirms the Emirates is in the game! :)

However I have heard that Old Trafford's Quadrants havent been updated yet.

DJ

Just found this from "muchangel" on soccergaming forum - it's the above fifa07 360 footage but only 8mins long on youtube:

I posted the video on you tube heres the link :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaILqmouV6M

It is edited down to 8:00 minutes.

It my take a while to show up so here is a you send it link :

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.p...928b31a7eea2bc5

I can't check it on my work pc but I hope it saves the pain of a long download.

Thanks again to Muchangel.

Last edited:

Doubla R that's just what we need, both titles to be at about the same mark... both teams would have to keep improving to stay ahead of the game!!! If FIFA bring out a title that's better than Konami's' they will have to take bigger leaps forward to improve instead of the mickey tacking stuff they keep shoveling out!!

Usually FIFA = Gimmick "Good players need a good first touch, use the right analog stick to do this" and there was the "Click to control another player and make him move to a desired position and then pass the ball to him.... Off the ball control" both of which were just shitey gimmicks based on FIFA 03's game engine which sucked!

FIFA 05 started to change slightly but not much, 06 headed more in the right direction but was still to heavily scripted and lacked depth... so what of 07? so far seemingly so good but we have all been here before..

DJ

Back
Top Bottom