FIFA 07 (PS2/XBox/PC) - Current Gen

Re: EA Sports FIFA 2007

Milanista said:
They better improve their stadiums. In Fifa 2006 and RTWC the stadiums were extremely inaccurate.
Milanista, having visited Old Trafford last November to watch Man United vs Villareal the RTFWC version of Old Trafford is spot on mate! it looks stunning and is very well done.

DJ

And hello to you RuneEdge, so what are your thoughts on FIFA 07? Will it be good? or will it be a load of old Pony?!!

DJ

San Siro and Bernabeu had non-existant stands and sections! Konami have been getting them right since they first got into the WE games.

I think Fifa 07 will be good but will turn disappointing when PES 360 is out.

PES 360 is out first from what I can gather so we will find out how good PES is and then decide not to buy FIFA :)

DJ

Watched all of the vids now i think....some nice touches have been added...still a few tricks that are a bit ott training ground stuff. My main concern is it still looks iffy when you see the vids of actual play... the way the game runs and the shooting.... maybe just me or the fact I compare everything to WE..... If they have the ball separate and have got rid of the bad scripting I'll be giving it a go...

Couldent really see much in that video but to be honest it looked dissapointing.

The shooting looks as scripted as ever, and it took the 2 seconds to score a goal, so plenty of 6-6 scorelines again no doubt.

Hope im wrong mind.

djdoc360 said:
And hello to you RuneEdge, so what are your thoughts on FIFA 07? Will it be good? or will it be a load of old Pony?!!

DJ
Sounds good to me but I refuse to believe anything until I play it. But I'll probably end up buying it anyway cuz I'm one of those who never really hated FIFA.

I always try it every other year just for the fact I can play the full Football league system and play as my Wrexham...;)
I always want to love it and put up with the problems and naff play for about 15 to 20 games.... then it ends up in the draw with the rest of them... and I dig SWOS out.... it's bad when I'd prefer to play with 96'7 players and one button than FIFA :roll: ... but missed 06... loaned RTWC and was not impressed so it may be buying time again!!:D

Depth Depth Depth! it must contain depth!. That plus as minimal amount of scripting as possible. If they can get that right ill buy it.

DJ

No even I will admit it. It does not look like a new engine. the part where Jar jar was dribbling looked bad as ever when ever he turn "with" the ball is just still stuck to his feet without any varitey to the balls bounce. PLUS all that talk frenchy did about the pyhsics of the player and the leaning over crap "naturally from the foot to the hip was (as you all say) bullocks. i mean that's whats happening in current gen AND next gen on RTTWC and WC2006 and it's what MOST looks bad about the players. i though they'd fix more...

i'm sorry but it look slower BUT just the same as any improvement that WC2006 had

cammeyboy said:
and it took the 2 seconds to score a goal, so plenty of 6-6 scorelines again no doubt.
As if you have never ran right up the field in PES and scored a goal right from the kick-off.................It was also more like 20-30 seconds and was from a free kick................and free kicks are a walk in the park in PES/WE....so.....now I'm finding your point as irrelevant since 9 out of 10 free kicks become goals from anybody who knows what they are doing in PES.
djdoc360 said:
That plus as minimal amount of scripting as possible.
As far as I was concerend, PES5/WE9I was the most scripted sports game I have ever played...........

Last edited:

So this is a whole new engine that apparently only next-gen can do. So if 360 version plays the same as PS2 version, then EA are lying!

Ball completely seperate from players... where've we heard that before!

deftonesmx I cant stand PES5, WE10 I personally think is tonnes better to play. But yes scripting is still present.

DJ

deftonesmx17 said:
As if you have never ran right up the field in PES and scored a goal right from the kick-off.................It was also more like 20-30 seconds and was from a free kick................and free kicks are a walk in the park in PES/WE....so.....now I'm finding your point as irrelevant since 9 out of 10 free kicks become goals from anybody who knows what they are doing in PES.

As far as I was concerend, PES5/WE9I was the most scripted sports game I have ever played...........

Blah Blah Blah.

cammeyboy said:
Blah Blah Blah.
Only response you could give as what I said was spot on, huh mate:roll:
djdoc360 said:
deftonesmx I cant stand PES5, WE10 I personally think is tonnes better to play. But yes scripting is still present.
Thats all I wanted to hear as I am sick of my fellow PES/WE fans acting as if PES/WE isnt scripted :)

Last edited:

NickSCFC said:
So this is a whole new engine that apparently only next-gen can do. So if 360 version plays the same as PS2 version, then EA are lying!

Ball completely seperate from players... where've we heard that before!

If it plays the same as the PS2 version then yes they are lying. But at least lets just wait and see.

Yea I didnt like PE5 at all, I didnt bother to play it much, but WE10 is much better.

Of course scripting is present or else things like shots hitting the post or cross bar when your sure of your player scoring the goal and you only tap the shoot button..... and also the way the CPU team plays, thats all scripted too. Plus shots not going in the direction you aim them in.

DJ

Did I or Did I Not say earlier that it would play the same as the PS2 and PC versions? :) Thats why I said downloading the PC Demo when it comes out will give you a good reflection of how it will pan out.

DJ

You couldn't tell anything from that 360 vid, one of the guys was looking at crowd while trying to play. Just wait till it's out before going over board with the compliments and criticism or at least wait till the final build is around for people to review.

Just saw the video presentation. I find it very funny that EA claim that with the power of the 360 they can now achieve a lot of things that Konami has achieved for years in current gen formats.

Ball detached from players, has it's own physics... Wow. That's new. And only possible on next gen, sure, i believe them... ;)

Could tell as much as not playing the game, may as well say don't have any input until the things out??
I don't think any of my comments were "overboard" as you put it... the vid looked pretty similar in style to every other version I've PLAYED apart from the comments I made!!

Unless you know better ..of course

Maybe their engine allowed them to add more things like leagues boots and all that crap they have, but it didnt allow them to do much with the gameplay thats why is probably so bad, and now the X360 lets them do more stuff... who knows.

EDIT: Was that even a net? lol, doesnt look that bad though..

Last edited:

Looks like they have taken the nets back to 1997 when the nets didnt move on FIFA 97! I hope they sort that out because that looked shit, other than that I did see quite a bit of difference with player movement and ball control and yes for once the ball actually does look like it is its own entity and moves freely so ill give them credit for that, but how will it actually feel to play this?

Wait for the demo to find out :)

DJ

Back
Top Bottom