Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

the awards went well eh, lescott deserved player of the season!
word is there will be at least 20 million for new players and thats alot by our standards, hopefully get the point we need on sunday and have another go at europe next season, im sure we gained some good experience this time.

dags....i agree with chico big time , our low was not performing in italy in 1st leg against Fiorentina and then getting knocked out on penalties , our high was the come back in the 2nd leg. speaking of which , still no penalty awarded to this club this season in the premier wtf!

this has only happened to everton once before in our history!

EVERTON 2008/2009 SEASON.

According to reports.

---- Howard ----
Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines
---- Bradley ----
Joaquin Arshavin Arteta
---- Cahill ----
---- Yakubu ----

Bench: Yobo, Sidwell, Pienaar, Kallstrom, Hibbert, Ramsey, Ledley.
REALSTIC
Joaquin - £15,000,000
Bradley - £5,000,000
Arshavin - £10,000,000
Ledley - £3,000,000
Ramsey - £3,000,000
TOTAL: £36,000,000

Kallstrom & Sidwell would take the spending to say £49,000,000 which is WAY out of budget and would put pressure on Moyes to bring Champions League and trophies to Goodison Park.

looks amazing tho eh!!! tho id have yobo on before jags any day, and put kallstrom were arteta is, cos that boy is leaving lol!!!!!!!!!

Liverpool to steal Everton's £15million target

Valencia winger Joaquin is ready to leave Spain to play in England and the two clubs on Merseyside might be ready to fight over him - so says reports in spain.
The Spanish international who plays on the right wing would be a welcome addition to both clubs, and many more in the Premier League.

hands of red-shite......:NONO:

:LOL:

I'd love to sign Joaquin, great player. I think we'd stand a much better chance of getting him if we were interested, for obvious reasons. But right now we're being linked with everyone so I'll take our interest with a pinch of salt.

INTERNATIONAL DUO HEADING TO GOODISON?

Everton are looking at Modeste M'bami and again with Bradley

David Moyes's Everton are reportedly setting there sight's on a summer swoop for Marseille's talented Cameroonian Midfielder Modeste M'bami.

M'bami who has been linked with a moved to the Premiers League having impressed with the French giants, is reported to have been subject to a £5m move to Everton, who look likely to secure UEFA Cup football next season.

M'bami has also expressed his own interest of moving to arguably the worlds most popular league, and playing European football will be a major factor if Moyes is to land the African player, however if the Blues boss is to pull of his first signing of the forthcoming summer, he will have to fight off stiff competition from fellow Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, who also have also had an eye on the Midfielder. Moyes has stated that M'bami will be a perfect long term sucessor to Lee Carsley.

Elsewhere Everton's hopes of landing there much talked about possible signing, Michael Bradley from Dutch side Herenveen have also taken a slight knock, as the American stars agent said that he think's the youngster would rather be heading to Germany, where Champions Bayern Munich look the more likely to sign the playmaker with a £4m bid. As of yet no contract has been discussed with an English club, although several clubs appear to be intrested with Everton being linked many times with the player.

LUIS GONZALEZ IN EVERTON'S SIGHTS

Everton are interested in taking 27 year old FC Porto midfielder 'Lucho' Luis González to Goodison Park this summer.

Many rumours are circulating around Goodison Park at the moment. The big name stars, Joaquin, Arshavin, Jo, Dudu, are reportedly names that Everton manager David Moyes has taken a shine to. Cardiff duo Ramsey and Ledley are young talent that Moyes is trying to sign - But one key name that is being whispered on the terraces is the potential signing of Argentine playmaker Lucho Gonzalez.

The Porto midfielder Lucho is understood to recently have been jaded and feels that a move abroad may suit him. With the current climate in football where solely English and Spanish clubs succeed in Europe would probably be enough to persuade the Argentina midielder to come to Goodison to help Everton with their quest of returning to the dizzy heights of the Champions League.

EVERTON ANNOUNCE 20 MILL SPONSORSHIP DEAL:

The Everton football club will march into Europe next season bearing the XANGO logo on its jerseys, as part of a three-year sponsorship signed yesterday with Beverage Marketing Co, a subsidiary of xango uk (1991) Co.

The value of the deal is said to be in the region of 20 million pounds.The English Premier League club said it was ''very substantial'' and the biggest in the club's 130-year history.

The new agreement will allow Xango to cash in on Everton's rising popularity by putting its logo on new adidas team jerseys and also acting as the exclusive beverage brand sold at Goodison Park, the home pitch of the Liverpool-based club. As well, Xango advertising will be featured at the stadium and on the club's web site.

Xango signed a three-year agreement worth 19.5 million
keith wyness, commercial director of Everton Football Club, said the longer term of the agreement with Xango reflected the success that both parties had enjoyed last season.

everton2.jpg

Last edited:

exclusive new everton 08/09 jersey

efc.png

hmmm bit fussy for me but pleased we now with adidas , shows our ambition for the coming years....we will be a top 4 team...oh yes we will!

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW .BREAKING NEWS**

HA WAS WAITING FOR THAT....very exciting times at everton cant wait to see who we bring in , cant wait for next season, loads of money!!!!

exclusive new everton 08/09 jersey

efc.png

hmmm bit fussy for me but pleased we now with adidas , shows our ambition for the coming years....we will be a top 4 team...oh yes we will!

I like the kit looks good, although i always prefer a kit in Blue ;) but how dooes having a kit made by addidas show your ambition?

I like the kit looks good, although i always prefer a kit in Blue ;) but how dooes having a kit made by addidas show your ambition?

Eh? Since when does the kit maker indicate your ambition? :BLINK:

Liverpool to steal Everton's £15million target

Valencia winger Joaquin is ready to leave Spain to play in England and the two clubs on Merseyside might be ready to fight over him - so says reports in spain.
The Spanish international who plays on the right wing would be a welcome addition to both clubs, and many more in the Premier League.

hands of red-shite......:NONO:

You could keep him though. He's been utterly shite at Valencia for the last 2 seasons. Just failed to capture his Betis form.

Eh? Since when does the kit maker indicate your ambition? :BLINK:

imo i think adidas makes the best looking quality for money kits, they are the best!

we want to be the best, wear the best, shows ambition does it not.....no....well ok then im going mad i guess....

You could keep him though. He's been utterly shite at Valencia for the last 2 seasons. Just failed to capture his Betis form.

i think you will agree that the whole valencia team have under performed......we can make him shine once more....:w00t:

i think you will agree that the whole valencia team have under performed......we can make him shine once more....:w00t:

He was shit even last season. I'd rather you lot waste 15 million on him :-pp

EVEN BETTER THAN LAST SEASON!!

MOYES: WE DESERVED IT

PBYRNE_110508_170135_0_0474_r390273.jpg

David Moyes was delighted after Everton secured a deserved fifth place finish.

The 3-1 win over Newcastle saw the Toffees play some of their best football of the season.

And Moyes was certain that his side deserved their lofty finish, based on the performances throughout the season.

"It was a nice way to end the season," said Moyes.

"It wasn't just about today it was about that they have done forom the first game to the last."

PBYRNE_110508_082100_0_0082_r389901.jpg

There was some splendid football on display from Everton, who were well worth the 3-1 win over the Magpies.

Moyes continued: "The performance was excellent. The first half was as good as we've played.

"It was exciting, it was good entertainemnt and we passed it well.

"We pushed reallly hard to try and finish fourth, we fell short so it was important to finish fifth.

"It makes me smile that we have got more European nights to come."

PBYRNE_110508_092319_0_0285_r390087.jpg

PBYRNE_110508_093507_0_0334_r390137.jpg

ITS NOT THE NEW KIT IS IT?!!!!!!

the new kit and sponsorship was a hoax by me!!..:LOL:

but nearly every one fell for it noteably the right honourable red-shite....:DANCE:

wee buns! yes delighted mate with the performance yesterday, could have hit six!
and thats without cahill, arteta AND ANDY JOHNSTON to name but a view, word is moyes may get up to 40 mill this summer now that european football is guaranteed at everton for the third time in last four years, very exciting times at everton 6th last year 5th this year 4th next year and so on and so fourth........

IN MOYES WE TRUST...

"WHAT`S THAT COMMING OVER THE HILL"

IT`S JAGIELKA! JAGIELKAAAAA!

JAGIELKA CALLED UP FOR ENGLAND

Phil Jagielka has been named in the England squad for the forthcoming friendly matches with the USA and Trinidad and Tobago.

Jagielka is part of a 31-strong squad chosen by Fabio Capello on Sunday evening.

The Blues defender is Everton’s sole representative with Joleon Lescott being ruled out due to treatment on his knee.

Jagielka, who has been capped at England B level, has enjoyed an outstanding debut season since his summer switch from Sheffield United.

The versatile player has been a revelation at the heart of the Blues defence, forming a good understanding with both Joseph Yobo and Lescott.

The Three Lions face the USA at Wembley on May 28 before the away fixture with Trinidad and Tobago on June 1.

England squad: David James (Portsmouth), Joe Hart (Man City), Chris Kirkland (Wigan), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), David Wheater (Middlesbrough), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), David Bentley (Blackburn), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).

YAK & JOLEON GOALS PRAISE

efc__1210576461_yak-lesc.jpg

LESCOTT - 10 GOALS

YAKUBU - 21 GOALS

David Moyes paid tribute to the goalscoring exploits of Yakubu and Joleon Lescott.

Nigerian Yakubu netted his 20th and 21st goals of the season during Everton's 3-1 win over Newcastle.

The £11.25million striker's haul has delighted his boss.

“Yakubu has shown what he is worth," said Moyes. "He has had his dips, but what striker doesn’t throughout a season?

“He’s scored 21 goals and only one of those was a penalty kick, which is an incredible total.

“How important were those goals for us? It may have been the difference between finishing where we did or elsewhere.”

But Yakubu's scoring record isn't the only one that has impressed the manager, with Joleon Lescott reaching 10 goals for the season with his own strike in Sunday's victory.

“Joleon has got that target, so I’m going to have to start setting bigger targets or asking him to score goals in a better style!” said Moyes.

“But he’s had an outstanding season as a centre-back or a left-back. Maybe he might never have a season like this in terms of scoring goals. His goals have won us games during the course of the season.

“Centre-backs should always be getting on the end of things at set-pieces, and Joleon deserves it. He’s worked really hard at his game.”

Joleon Lescott - player of the season get's his tenth.... The Yak should have had his second hatrick... but gets his 20th in style... Everton qualify for consequtive European qualification a first ever (remembering we should of pre-Heysel ban).... And Jagielka gets an England call up! A great day to be an Evertonian! IN MOYES WE TRUST

oh just want to say thanks to the offical for awarding us our first penalty of the season on the last game of the season.....:COOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom