Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

sounds like paul mccartney?!? he is a blue after all, i like the words in it tho..... school of science will never close.....

id love him here unc to be honest just what we need.

off til 4 just watching youtube efc stuff.... found another beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-d7XhKOnPI&feature=related

rty.jpg

aye thats a cracker loved the fan getting tackled by the old bill!!! classic.

captains.jpg

enjoyed that walk down memory lane, this season was a rollercoaster best in a long time, it gets better and better.

EVERTON V`S ASTON VILLA

Our squad isn’t just paper-thin, it’s transparent. Without Cahill, Arteta, Osman and a half fit Pienaar, we’ve looked woefully short of quality in recent weeks.

If Everton fans are dreaming of going to Istanbul for next season's UEFA Cup final then the players have got to give us a massive performance on Sunday.

Aston Villa are no mugs, especially on the road where they have taken points from Anfield, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane and The Emirates this season.

I can see a cracking atmosphere on Sunday, and hope the players respond and give us a well deserved second consecutive European adventure since 1978.

Everton fans have been restless over the past few weeks with the side’s current form. But we need to start looking at the big picture and see what David Moyes is building – and also see if the chairman backs the manager's ambition in the summer.

The current side have achieved more points this season than any other Everton side in the last 20 years.

We finished sixth last year and have progressed massively in the Uefa cup and the League cup.

We are asking every Everton player to give us a massive result on Sunday and make sure we have to renew our passports again

Last edited:

aye sure thing, shame i got to work after, start at six bells mate.

oh got maria an everton dress for her 1st birthday!.....:SS

Everton To Leave Liverpool… To go to.... Liverpool..i know..:CONF:

Everton fans have voiced their approval of the club’s plans to move from Goodison Park to a brand spanking new 55,000 capacity stadium in Kirkby. It will be a tear stained farewell to much loved Goodison.

Proper ground, looming over narrow streets, with old three-tiered main stand, and St Luke's church crouched in the corner. Makes you all warm inside. First images of the proposed Tesco-funded replacement stadium in Kirkby, with 'The People's Club' slogan written on the side, are as depressing as it gets. Goodison can be upgraded, and it should be!
Goodison, the first major football ground in the country, built in 1892, now under threat.

EvertonS_stadium_2007.jpg

EVERTON_main_2.jpg

Last edited:

Those images do look pretty impressive, pisses all over Goodison.

What's with the corner of the ground being left open again?

EVERTON F.C.

10 years ago 97-98: 17th, Premiership. Top scorer: Duncan Ferguson (11)

20 years ago 87-88: 4th, Division One. Top scorer: Graeme Sharp (13)

30 years ago 77-78: 3rd, Division One. Top scorer: Bob Latchford (30)

Most league apps: 578 - Neville Southall

Most league goals: 349 - Dixie Dean

Highest attendance: 78,299 v Liverpool, Division One, 18 September 1948

fuck-off-smokerscopy.jpg

YAH12.jpg

banner.jpg

Moyes revels in return to form

David Moyes believes his Everton side are returning to the level of performance that made them such a force earlier in the season.

Everton fought out a 2-2 draw with Aston Villa on Sunday to stay ahead of the Villans in the race for a UEFA Cup spot.

He said: "We needed to get back to the levels we have had earlier this season, so that was good. There were good performances and people doing a bit better."

Phil Neville and Joseph Yobo twice had Everton ahead with Gabriel Agbonlahor and John Carew grabbing crucial equalisers.

Everton travel to Arsenal next weekend and host Newcastle in their last match of the season, while Villa face Wigan at home and then West Ham away.

Moyes added: "We have two games left and we are three points ahead. I would rather that position than Villa's. But we have to go to Arsenal next and that underlines how difficult the games are.

"I believe it will go to the last game of the season. We have to get something from our last two games.

"But it is an exciting league. It is exciting at the top, exciting in the race for the UEFA Cup spot and it is exciting at the bottom.

"A few of our lads got back to the levels they have shown earlier in the season.

"There is a long way to go to the standards we set earlier in the season. We are getting much closer."

lilban.jpg

delighted with yesterdays performance although i had a feeling we would win it and should have done!

but villa are a force to be reckoned with since the arrival of northern irish man Martin oneil (kilrea).

the thing that pleased me most was not the slick passing and movement but the strength in display of out unsung hero lee carsley, passion and support from joleon lescott and captain phil neville, out standing displays, carsley is desperate to stay and moyes says he is going no where, love carsley and his commitment but admit i have mixed feelings on this one, i just feel for us to go to the next level we need more quality, but moyes says slowly but surely, ill go with the moysiah!!

nev.jpg

nev2.jpg

Last edited:

a.j laughs of speculation: Again.

aj.jpg

EVERTON striker Andrew Johnson has dismissed reports over the weekend that suggested he was poised to leave Goodison Park in the summer.

The forward, who was signed for £8.6million from Crystal Palace two years ago, started yesterday’s 2-2 Barclays Premier League draw with Aston Villa at Goodison Park .

He insisted he was not moving as Everton remained on course to finish fifth and qualify for the UEFA Cup.

“I have seen the story in the newspaper and it’s absolute rubbish,” said Johnson.

“I have recently signed a new 5 year deal at Everton, which I was delighted to do. Of course there is competition for striking places here but I wouldn’t have it any other way and neither would the manager. Stories like this make me really angry and I can only promise the fans that I love being at Everton, I am fully prepared to fight for a place in the side like everyone else in the squad and that leaving the club is not an option or thought in my head.
“We’ve had a great season and I look forward to helping this club progress even more in the next few years.”

Everton manager David Moyes is confident Lee Carsley will also be at the club next season.

The 34-year-old, who was Everton’s man of the match against Villa, is out of contract in the summer and has been linked with a return to Derby County.

But Moyes said: “Lee has told us he wants to sign a new contract here and we expect that to happen. He has been very reliable for us – and we don’t want to lose that. I want to keep that strong backbone at the club.”

evertonfcv.gif

Last edited:

i would take a draw today. Not playin well at all and villa are flyin at the minute so if we get a draw it would be great

spot on eddy! i was pleased with a draw in the end also, a good point and with only two games left we a are looking strong!....

Goodison Park veteran gives up season ticket after 62 years

old.jpg

A 91-YEAR-OLD Goodison Park season ticket holder made his last planned trip to the terraces yesterday.

Arthur Bradley has held an Everton pass since 1946, but is retiring his seat due to failing eyesight.

The retired plasterer, who bought his first season ticket for slightly more than £7, after leaving the Army’s South Lancashire regiment, said: “I’m not coming any more because my sight’s going and that’s the only thing that will stop me.

“When I don’t go into the Newcastle match [in two weeks] with my season ticket, I’ll be disappointed.”

ahhhhhhhhh bless!!!!

logon.gif

Last edited:

hmmm two tough games, reckon we will need four points from the arse and barcodes too get into europe again, thibk we can achieve that.

Last edited:

Well it seems that the last tough game of this season is with you guys(unless we fuck up against Sunderland). I'm surely predicting a home win for us after not so good performances by Everton recently.

yeh woope doo!! thanks bill. :MAD:

well everyone talkin about arshavin even the shite rate him so he must be better than i think, ive only seen him two or three games!

looks like carsley going no where and rumours of arteta getting home sick poppin up again, probaly paper talk again as he and aj constantly touted to be on the move.

evertonfcv.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom