Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

SO FAR....SO GOOD....

lilban.jpg

A ROUND UP on the players this season....

David Moyes - has worked wonders on the shoestring budget he has to contend with, but sadly, this is no longer admissible. Yes money isn't everything, but it sure does help. Come on Bill, release the purse strings and watch Everton grow.

Tim Howard - Another solid season. I really do hope he surpasses the great Neville Southall's clean sheet record, it will be fully deserved.

Tony Hibbert - solid defender but lacks the distribution qualities that has become an imperative in the modern era. What he practices in training really does baffle me, it's not passing, and that's for sure. Local lad but reality remains; he is not good enough.

Phil Neville - there is no doubting Neville leads the side well and recently has shown his qualities, particularly at right back, but in central midfield, he has proved inept and incapable.

Phil Jagielka - absolutely fantastic. Since the turn of the year, "Jags" has been simply divine, an excellent defender although distribution must be improved.

Joleon Lescott - a machine. Quick, strong, athletic, intelligent and with nine goals to his name, Lescott has endeared himself into the hearts of Evertonians. Not only Player of the Season but a Goodison legend in the making.

Joseph Yobo - peculiar season. Has generally performed well but the emergence of Jagielka and the indestructible Lescott means next season Yobo will have to perform to a higher standard in order to retain his place.

Leighton Baines - frustrating season for the summer signing. Has undoubted quality but injuries have prevented Baines from getting a decent run together in the side. No doubt in my mind, a future England left back.

Steven Pienaar - delighted to finally get the African midfielder on a permanent basis- an absolute steal at 2m. His performances have dropped since the turn of the year, but his vision, tenacity, and overall creativity will prove vital next season.

Lee Carsley - there is no doubting the passion Carsley displays, but sadly he no longer has the legs to warrant a place in a side chasing the Champions League. He has been a great player for Everton, will always be remembered for his Merseyside Derby winner but this summer has to signal the end of his stint, a combative, tenacious, young replacement is needed.

Mikel Arteta - complete downturn in fortunes for the Spanish schemer. His set-pieces have become blood boiling, next season he really must up the tempo. Perhaps the groin injury has been hindering his form, if so, that must be addressed, and immediately at that. Next season, and in form Arteta is an imperative.

Leon Osman - it really does baffle me, Osman's distinct lack of recognition. Creative and industrious, Osman has proved a lynchpin in the Everton midfield. More of the same please Ossie.

Tim Cahill - scored goals as ever, when fit. There is no doubting he makes the Everton side tick, and when fit, he is simply unplayable. I really do hope an injury free next season will prove a reality, the Australian is vital to the Everton hunt for silverware.

Manuel Fernandes - sadly not shown enough to warrant a hefty twelve million pound price tag. There is no doubting the ability of the Portuguese international, and when confident, he is a player many would fear to come up against. I hope he has a future at Everton, but haggling over the fee seems the only way.

Andrew Johnson - elevated himself into legendary status following Merseyside Derby exploits, but the goals have dried up and the reality seems to have hit home. Johnson has proved a good player for Everton, but unfortunately, we seem to have outgrown him. His confidence has been shattered, whether that can ever be regained or not, I don't know.

victor anichebe - outstanding for first proper season , became sper-sub in the outstanding 10 match back to back wins in the uefa cup - one to watch for the future.

james vaughan - early signs were very good but poor lad out for most of season injured.

Yakubu - Feed the Yak and he will score, need I say anything else? 19 goals, despite poor form at the start of the season and his ACON stint is a superb tally for the Nigerian. At times, he can be infuriating, but when "fed", there is nobody better in front of goal. More of the same please Yak.

BESTOF.jpg

Last edited:

THE PEOPLES CLUB

800.jpg

DFG.jpg

Floods of tears

EVERTON Football Club is lighting up the sky to mark the first anniversary of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance.

The club is switching on its floodlights at around the time she went missing from her holiday flat in Portugal.

But it is being stressed the stadium will remain empty when the gesture is made between 9.30pm and 10pm on Saturday.

One of the most poignant pictures of the missing youngster shows her dressed in the blue of her beloved Everton, the team her Liverpool-born mother Kate also supports.

The club is joining a campaign entitled Light The Way Home to show its support for the four-year-old’s family and friends.

Helping to Find Madeleine, an independent group of McCann supporters, is urging people around the world to light a candle, shine a torch or turn on a porch lamp.

Everton’s chief executive Keith Wyness said: “Everyone at Everton is fully behind the campaign to bring Madeleine home, and our thoughts and prayers are with her immediate family at this time.”

Millions of viewers last night watched Madeleine’s parents relive the excruciating agony of the night of their daughter’s disappearance on two-hour ITV1 documentary Madeleine, One Year On: Campaign For Change.

madeline.jpg

Last edited:

Video: Memories of Everton’s Goodison Park

It’s one of the oldest and most historic football grounds in the world. It has hosted the FA Cup Final and a World Cup Semi-Final, but its future looks bleak. If Everton Football Club moves to Kirkby, then Everton’s Goodison Park that they’ve been in since 1892 will be no more.

When you have a couple of minutes, watch the video below to see excerpts from Goodison Park’s proud history and to see how the stadium has changed over the decades.

THE OLD LADY....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvzoaCws2-o

lady luck aint with us it seems , arteta out for season now , ossie pienarr and johnston carrying knocks for the trip to the gunners.

lady luck must have been reading after todays results.

ps i dont think you will see arteta in an everton top next season. if we get over 12mil id be happy to let him go. heart doesnt seem in it lately and i know he is injured but i think his missus has had enough of sunny liverpool.

discuss, 12mil and let him go and buy arshavin?

id be happy enough if we did that and bought in two more midfielders and a right back.

and two of moyesys classic loans. coyb!!!!!!

lady luck must have been reading after todays results.

ps i dont think you will see arteta in an everton top next season. if we get over 12mil id be happy to let him go. heart doesnt seem in it lately and i know he is injured but i think his missus has had enough of sunny liverpool.

discuss, 12mil and let him go and buy arshavin?

id be happy enough if we did that and bought in two more midfielders and a right back.

and two of moyesys classic loans. coyb!!!!!!

if he dont fancy it any more why sign a new 5 year contract, any way i know what you mean and reading between the lines i sensed that also,
unlucky today, battling display at the emirates but we set up for a 0-0 draw and almost got it with an injury ravaged team, 1 point next week will do it, if west ham beat villa then it dont matter....:))

Seems pretty much certain Arteta will be leaving you guys now. MASSIVE loss I feel, I'd say he's your best player by a long way.

Haven't seen enough of Arshavin to say too much (apart from hearing his name and he's supposed to be excellent) but who do you think you might get to replace Arteta? Who do you want Moyes to target?

Seems pretty much certain Arteta will be leaving you guys now. MASSIVE loss I feel, I'd say he's your best player by a long way.

Haven't seen enough of Arshavin to say too much (apart from hearing his name and he's supposed to be excellent) but who do you think you might get to replace Arteta? Who do you want Moyes to target?

where did you hear this that makes you certain dags?

the only reason we think he might leave is because his agent keeps the rumour mill flowing.

id like us to go for kallstrom and arshavin.

think teta is a goner now myself, signed the contract so we would get top dollar for him

I think on a personal level for arteta to leave everton will be a mistake for him, at everton he is adored and probaly our most creative player, now he he moves on to a club with similar players all around him he aint going to shine like he does at efc, just my opinion of course, after alot of soul searching i dont think he will be wearing another teams jersey next season.

p.s any one know if we are to change kit for next season , i have not heard a thing,
lfc new kit is such a rip-off identical kit but no wait, we will give it an even more awful white v neck instead of the curly collar last year...

Last edited:

not sure bout new kit unc. aint heard a thing.

ps legs fecko'd after ball last night, dead legs are the worst!!

hows you?

im not to bad really, was cracking match last night, slight knee problem , dont know what it is but i can walk ....ha

I'll return the question, Blue. Highs and lows for you lot this season?

High & Low can be summed up by one game imo, Fiorentina at home, the high of getting back into the match with the best footballing display of the season and the low of going out on peno's......

dont forget the everton awards can be seen live on everton.com free to view at 10 pm tonight!! :DD

How we miss King Cahill eh, heres stats i prepared:

Cahill against the top 4:

Man Utd.
(H) - Did not play = Lost
(A) - Played and scored = Lost to sloppy last minute penalty

Chelsea
(A) - Played and scored = Drew

Arsenal
(H) - Played and scored = Lost (freak result)
(A) - Did not play = Lost

Red Shite
(A) - Did not play = Lost

Villa
(H) - Did not play - Drew
(A) - Did not play - Lost

also (from football365 magic numbers section) ..... 1 game won by Everton since they lost Tim Cahill to injury in March.

how we miss him indeed, get well for pre season lad....

Back
Top Bottom