Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

some good stuff there blue.

if i get pes 2008 for pc could you help me patch it as im not too sure what to do?!! cheers

Well i honestly cant recall the last time we beat chelsea, i know it was a long time ago, dont expect to get much out of this tonight, just hope we keep it repectable with all the injuries an all, still gravesen will probaly get a run out with andy van der meyde, yes we have no midfield and its bad!

cmon you blue boys

IN MOYES WE TRUST...

HA the expected 1-0 to chelsea at ht, very entertaining half with tim howard picking the ball out of the net the only stretch he has done, free flowing end to end stuff, looking forward to the second half, cmon you blue boys.

andy johnson du du du du!!

ah well they ran there hearts out, make shift team! i know my football.....:LOL:

finals.jpg

is that antred...:w00t:

i mean a redant...;))

Last edited:

same old story against the big boys eh. out played them second half. nly chances they had was from our crap passing by (sorry to say) jags, who played well defensively, manny (not sure whether to shell out on him, bags of talent tries far to much and his passing is bad at times, amazing at others) gravesen (wtf he came on for ill never know) his was particularly bad and suprise surprise mr neville, who had an ok game but his distribution is 2nd to none in badness.

overall we defo deserved point, near shit when in the 82nd min i heard anelka's name, honestly didnt know he was playing (couldnt see much of first half, bad stream and dont have sky! was on some spanish for 2nd half which was perfect)

browned off cos we did play rather well in spells without our key trio of ossie, arteta and cahill. no baines either who i like alot.

to end was funny seeing moyesy going to take throw.

4th (if it wasnt already) defo gone, be lucky to hold on to 5th with villa on sunday and arsenal to come, last game versus the geordie maggots could be crucialto european footy next year.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS - IN MOYES WE TRUST!

HA the expected 1-0 to chelsea at ht, very entertaining half with tim howard picking the ball out of the net the only stretch he has done, free flowing end to end stuff, looking forward to the second half, cmon you blue boys.

andy johnson du du du du!!

ah well they ran there hearts out, make shift team! i know my football.....:LOL:

finals.jpg

is that antred...:w00t:

i mean a redant...;))

Wow such artistic talent.Like a pyschopath.

ARETA.jpg

Everton_Chelsea_Premier_League_7918.jpg

Essien keeps Blues in hunt

Chelsea kept alive their title hopes with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Everton at Goodison Park.

Michael Essien's goal four minutes before the break proved to be enough to give Avram Grant's men the points.

The midfielder, who scored in Monday's draw with Wigan, repeated the trick with a clinical finish over Tim Howard to maintain Chelsea's pursuit of leaders Manchester United.

The win closes the gap on United to two points, while Everton remain five points behind Liverpool in the battle to finish in fourth spot.

But Everton had the first real chance when Manuel Fernandes saw a stinging free-kick palmed away by Petr Cech - the ball bouncing up alarmingly in front of the goalkeeper.

On the half-hour, Everton were thwarted by a fine saving tackle from Essien, after Joleon Lescott had found Andrew Johnson on the penalty spot with time to work.

Michael_Essien_Chelsea_Premier_Leag.jpg

Five minutes from the break, Chelsea made the decisive breakthrough.

Neat passing involving Kalou, Essien and Wright-Phillips ended with the ball deflecting off Phil Jagielka straight into the path of the Ghanaian - who lifted the ball into the top corner with clinical ease.

The pattern changed little after the break, with Everton trying their best but meeting stern resistence from John Terry and Carvalho.

Everton at last made an impression and Fernandes produced a stunning, dipping free-kick which missed the far post by a coat of paint, With the hosts daring to venture forward, the gaps were there for Joe Cole and Wright-Phillips to exploit.

efc__1207568948_340x50-01.jpg

about 2 months ago i could see us taking fourth place and with some ease too, gaging by the form we were in compared to liverpool, obviously i didnt think we would lose so many strikers then our midfield to injury, basically they playin the way we were and we are now playing crap with no confidence like they were,

massive game next week, the battle for the one and only uefa cup spot after spurs winning the carling cup and automatic placement in the uefa cup.

Bring on the villans.

I thought only us Villa and Blackburn applied for it, it would be a shame if Villa pipped you to 5th that you wouldnt get into europe...

I thought only us Villa and Blackburn applied for it, it would be a shame if Villa pipped you to 5th that you wouldnt get into europe...

we were the first to apply ages ago, moyes said at the time better to be safe than sorry.

Everton seal Pienaar deal

PienaarCele_468x322.jpg

Everton have agreed a deal with Borussia Dortmund to sign Steven Pienaar on a three-year contract.

Pienaar moved to Goodison Park last summer on a season-long loan deal and has impressed David Moyes with a series of accomplished performances in midfield.

The South African admitted earlier this month that he feared a deal may not be completed in time, but Moyes has always remained confident.

Everton have now confirmed that Pienaar will be joining the club on a permanent basis.

Borussia Dortmund have agreed to part with Pienaar for a sum of £2.05million and he will be contracted to The Toffees until the summer of 2011.

moyes signs another cracker for next to nothing, pienarr is a class act, cahill , lescott, jags and baines also signed on the cheap!!
we know our football.

MOYES ON PIENAAR

David Moyes believes the signing of Steven Pienaar is further evidence of Everton's growing ambition.

The South African midfielder has signed a three-year deal after the Blues concluded a deal worth a little over £2m for the midfielder with German outfit Borussia Dortmund.

It is a deal the Everton chief believes represents excellent business, having been impressed by the way in which Pienaar has settled into life at Goodison during his season-long loan.

Moyes told evertonTV exclusively: "In the middle part of the season, we played really well, as did Steven and I think we could see what he can do. That's what made us feel we wanted to bring him in and make sure it was permanent.

"We need to make the squad stronger, the age is right and the price is right as well.

"It is good, I am pleased we have got him signed. It's taken a little while to get it done and sorted. He was on loan for the year, we had a good chance to look at him and he did well in that time. Hopefully he will continue doing well in the rest of the time he will be here."

Moyes has also revealed he was never in any doubt Pienaar's deal would be concluded despite recent speculation over his future.

He added: "I didn't really have any doubt because I felt Steven wanted to stay; he knew he was wanted here, he enjoys it here. He has had a difficult time in Germany and he's not really enjoyed that period of his career. He has come into the Premier League and done fine.

"He is now realising how stiff a test it is, I think the last month or two has been a shock to him with the intensity and how you have to keep it going for so many games.

"But nevertheless, hopefully he will become a good addition to the squad. The fans have taken to him and rightly so, because he has done well."

well done peanuts and welcome to

""THE PEOPLES CLUB"

Had to laugh listening to Radio Merseyside the other day. Some Everton "fan" was on saying Moyes has been there for six years and he has to go!

His reasoning was that he's had plenty of time with the squad and they should be doing better. He was disgusted you're being linked with a 31 year old full-back Stephen Carr and thinks you should be getting world class players instead.

Then the presenter asks who he thinks your best striker is. He replies Yakubu but Johnson is okay and "that other young guy .... erm ....", even I know he's thinking Anichebe, "whats his name ... the young kid ..." and the presenter finally tells him :LOL:

Some fan, couldn't even remember his own players! :LOL:

HILARIOUS!....](*,)

I work with a red and he cant pronouce have the lfc names and has never heard of alan hansen...:LOL:

funny shit eh....:DOH:

now run along wannabe lover....he he.

btw loved the rise goal after the game there was flood reports around the bullen road area...

all evertonians were pissing themselves laughing!!

TOFFEE.jpg

efc__1207568948_340x50-01.jpg

Last edited:

Erm ... it wasn't a dig mate? It was just something funny that I heard. Stop looking for arguements.

every club has "fans" its no big deal is it?

made up wegot pienaar but i knew it was a done deal in january, was just a case of him agreeing few things andsorting out his agent.

every club has "fans" its no big deal is it?

made up wegot pienaar but i knew it was a done deal in january, was just a case of him agreeing few things andsorting out his agent.

Of course every club has "fans", I just thought it was a funny story of one :anx:

whats guitar hero like dags? do you play real guitar?

EXCELLENT! Probably up there with my favourite games of all time. I don't play a real guitar though I've bought an acoustic guitar since playing GH actually!

I highly recommend Guitar Hero though.

Back
Top Bottom