Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

unfortunate but hey could be to our advantage.

team to start:

howard

neville yobo lescott baines

arteta cars manny osman

yak aj

we'll do em in if thats the starting line up

EVERTON

Words simply don't do justice how Everton can get to people. I have been reduced to tears on many occasions, whether it be Duncan Ferguson saying his final goodbye, an emotional send off for Alan Ball or when a certain Mr Rooney departed. It's up to our chairman, to get us the funds that will take us to where we belong, the forefront.

We can once again be the greatest, the mightiest, and the best. We have the fans, I believe we have the manager; we just need the financial muscle.

I am very grateful to be a part of an elite group of people. We never lose face, we never lose faith, for we are Evertonians, born to be Blue, born not manufactured. Success is imminent, of that I have no doubt, and when it arrives, it will be savoured forever. The School of Science never will close down, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Last edited:

Everton's fixture with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium has been moved in order to be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The Toffees were due to face Arsene Wenger's side on Saturday, May 3 at 3pm. However, the game will now take place at 1.30pm on Sunday, May 4 in order to be shown live on Sky.

It means that Saturday's trip to Birmingham is the last Saturday fixture David Moyes' men will play this season, with the forthcoming games against Chelsea, Aston Villa and now the Gunners switched in order to be shown live.

Mikel Arteta has been rated as 'doubtful' for Saturday's away trip to Birmingham by manager David Moyes.

The midfielder has not trained this week because of muscular pains in his stomach and abdomen. He joins midfielder Steven Pienaar and defender Tony Hibbert in the treatment room, battling to be given the all-clear for the St Andrews encounter.

Despite the injury concerns, however, the manager is confident of the belief and commitment in his squad.

"We didn't play against Derby but we got the win, which was vital," he said. "Obviously we want to play as well as we can in every game but at this stage of the season, the only thing that matters is winning.

"Just look back at the game against Fiorentina. We played terrifically that night but didn't get through, so all we are really interested in now is getting three points.

"We have not done awfully well against the teams down in the bottom half of the table recently and we want that to change against Birmingham but they will make it as difficult as they can for us.

"But the players have shown great leadership throughout the season and I'm sure they will continue to do that in the last five games. I have got no worries on that score.

"They have been terrific for us all season, so I see no reason why that will change now."

Moyes also insists he has not considered the impact Liverpool's progression to the final four of the Champions League will have on their domestic challenge.

"I haven't even considered what Liverpool are doing at the minute," he added. "All I am worried about is my team and the trip to Birmingham. We have got a chance to get a result on the board."

BLUE WATCH: Negative spin on transfer stories is annoying
Apr 10 2008 by Our Correspondent, Liverpool Daily Post

AGAINST a backdrop of lost matches and an increasingly vulnerable looking league position, Everton now seem to be contending with an increasing number of negative transfer stories too.

First there was the quote from Mikel Arteta’s agent, complaining about the way his client has been overlooked by the Spanish national side, although ever since he arrived, Arteta to Atletico Madrid stories seem to mark the spring almost like the first daffodils. The latest less than encouraging headlines concern the revelation that the clock is apparently ticking on any deal to make Steven Pienaar’s move to Merseyside permanent.

Now, although David Moyes has throughout the season played down the urgency of talks with the South African’s people, it is probably safe to assume that behind the scenes there has been plenty of communication. Despite the belief in some quarters that everyone at Everton is utterly incompetent, it seems unlikely that Pienaar’s recent interview will have been the first that the club have heard about this whole April 30 deadline, beyond which Borussia Dortmund can demand a higher fee than £2.2million.

What does seem likely though is that the player and his agent know full well that after a good first season in English football that transfer fee represents excellent value for money. There’s no such thing as a free lunch though, and with rumours of other Premier League clubs interested – as they surely must be – then it’s probably safe to say that Pienaar can see himself in a great position to secure somewhat inflated personal terms.

Top whack, if you like.

As with any transfer deal then, the whole thing rests upon whether Moyes and the powers that be at Everton think the whole package – the transfer fee, signing fee and salary – represents a good deal for the football club. If it doesn’t then Pienaar will go to someone who thinks it does. The fact that he has played well while on loan is largely irrelevant other than it means that we obviously want him while he also says that he’s enjoyed this season and prefers to come Goodison.

“At the right price,” is the crucial bit that both parties are failing to say in public though.

An interesting part of the interview that sparked the spate of Pienaar stories was his insistence on how hard he was worked and how well he played for Everton. It’s all true, without a doubt, as a player who struggled to make any impact in German football has been crucial in helping Everton do so well at home and in Europe. English football is often hard for foreign recruits to adjust to, because of the unique physical demands, and it’s testament to Pienaar’s determination that he has been so successful, especially as initially he looked as if his slight frame would hold him back.

However, on the back of the favourable impression he’s made on those at Everton and elsewhere, it’s now apparent, as discussed, that he thinks he deserves greater rewards than those offered by ourselves when he was looking for a chance to resurrect his career after it had gone so stale in Dortmund. Which is all fair enough, almost anyone would do the same in his position.

It just raises the question though: if that’s how the system works, is there any suggestion of Thomas Gravesen and Manuel Fernandes’ agents actually offering to give Everton some money back?

The agent of Getafe midfielder Ruben de la Red has been tabled offers from several Premiership clubs.

The new Spain international has received interest from Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton and Aston Villa, which have all been in contact with Manuel Garcia Quilon about a move to England in the summer, says AS.

no way we would have a player called red lol

MOYES SETS BENCHMARK

efc__1170929564_moyes-sco.jpg

Alex McLeish has offered glowing praise to David Moyes.

Everton meet McLeish's Birmingham City side on Saturday, with the boss describing Moyes as 'a yardstick for aspiring managers'.

McLeish is in his first season of Premier League management and has been impressed with compatriot Moyes' achievements as Everton boss.

McLeish said: "Davey (David Moyes) and I go back a long way and he's done a terrific job at Everton.

"It's actually a good yardstick for aspiring managers in the Premier League to try and get close to what David Moyes has done.

"He's been very diligent and shrewd and there having been stepping stones."

Everton's progression under Moyes has been a gradual one, with the former Preston chief steering the Toffees away from relegation fights and towards regular European qualification.

McLeish added: "They struggled against relegation but look where they are now - but that's not been overnight.

"You have to give Davey and everton management/backroon staff alot of credit for that."

efc__1207568948_340x50-01.jpg

ARETA.jpg

3123-TVcopy.jpg

Everton's fixture with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium has been moved in order to be broadcast live on Sky Sports.

The Toffees were due to face Arsene Wenger's side on Saturday, May 3 at 3pm. However, the game will now take place at 1.30pm on Sunday, May 4 in order to be shown live on Sky.

OTHER LIVE GAMES ON SKY COMING UP ARE.

Thu 17 Everton v Chelsea (8.00pm) 7.30pm Premier League

Sun 27 Everton v Aston Villa (4pm) 3.30pm Premier League

Last edited:

Right I have cleaned up this thread following the, quite frankly, stupid bickering that had gone one in it over the last couple of days. Any more shit and people will be banned

Alright lads, I'm Eddy. people say im a bitter blue but im not i just hate liverpool. Dags is me housemate :( . just a post to say hello. COYB

Please disregard the fraggle Eddy. He's had one too many drinks, he suddenly thinks he's supporting a team worth anything and he'll be off to bed soon. He's certainly dreaming if he's thinking Everton are worth anything :LOL:

Well, Blue and Chico, looks like you've added another clown to your ranks :roll:

:LOL:

Well said Peter, I agree.

I thought I'd let Eddy join, Blue and Chico are obviously in the minority so I thought they needed some help ;))

Another two points dropped today , the brums gave there all today as expected as they are fighting for prem survival, injuries have hit us hard in the end, badly missing cahill arteta and osman, but these things happen at this stage of the season, i was glad to nick a point today , thats what we did, well done brum.

im getting used to daft decisions going against us, he smacks the ball at carsley from point blank range(about 2 feet) and the ref thinks oh my that was deliberate, ill award brum with a free kick!

unreal..........onwards and upwards, if liverpool win today it pains me so say we have lost out in the season long see saw for 4th place and champions league football with liverpool....on the other hand a draw or better and its still on...

Last edited:

i see the reds struggling against blackburn at 50 mins boys on 606 laughing there asses off at stevie g trying to fool the ref with one of his famous dives....tosser!

cheating git just scored.....ha ha

Last edited:

Just as you wrote that, Liverpool scored. :)

yeh so i see ha ha, well it took something to wake the game up its awful....
crap atmospere etc.

30 league and cup goals for f. torres, that has to be applauded...:applaud:

I concede that liverpool cement 4th place now, unless they hit a brick wall as we have done due to losing many key players.
I look forward to another european adventure next year in the uefa cup.

Last edited:

Aye B4L it was an awful first half.

Really pissed off with our league atmopshere. I couldn't give a shit if its Blackburn, these people who are lucky enough to get tickets need to prove their worth.

But looking at the crowd the difference between PL and CL games is amazing.

PL= Old women, Old Men, Women and Children and Blokes/lads with their GF's

CL= Men, Teenagers

Didn't think that first pen incident was a dive. There was definately contact, but I wouldn't give a pen for that because the player is going nowhere. Friedel was foolish for running out like that.

Gray made a point at HalfTime to Ray Wilkins, he was moaning about it saying it was an obvious play for a pen, but when Zola did something simlair a few years back, everyone hailed him as a clever genius (which he is, but no avert to winning an easy pen either)

Second incident defo a freekick, maybe harsh if he got sent off.

Third Incident, could well have been a pen on Torres. 50/50.

Fourth Incident, blatant dive by Gerrard, and one that had me fuming at him, there was nothing stopping him driving into the area and scoring. Nevertheless his goal was excellent and the cross for Torres even better!

chin up mate we have had a cracking season given our limitations, we cant cope with other clubs money wise ambranovich is putting up an inital 100 million for grant to play with in the summer, so with yak being our big buy last summer att 11 million , it puts it into context, what david moyes is achieving with little funds is amazing, brilliant last season to qualify for euro and hopefully again this season, with one of the smallest squads in the prem once we lost a couple of star /key players this was always going to happen, two brilliant unbeaten runs this season got us to where we are now, broken club records also in points tally,unbeaten run and our higest goal scorer for a bloody long time

very proud this year what ever happens now...:DD

when you put it like that i cant argue and hopefully we'll maintain our unbeaten home run.

you out on thursday for the chelskii game?

unbeaten at home all season 08 but chelsea to come on thursday, nah mate not out come thurs , are you, speak to you tomorrow night at the 5 a side match.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom