Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

On The Warpath : DAVID MOYES.
nucopy.jpg

Moyes to home in on Reds

DAVID MOYES has warned that Everton are ready to pounce if LIverpool slip up in the chase for the final Champions League slot.

Last week’s Anfield defeat left the Toffees five points off their arch-rivals with six games to go.

But four of those are at Goodison, starting with tomorrow’s clash against relegated Derby, while Rafa Benitez takes his men to title-chasing Arsenal today.

Everton boss Moyes said: “Liverpool are big favourites, but that’s what we were saying even when we were ahead of them.

“Firstly we have to do our job, we can’t do anything about theirs, but hopefully we will keep the pressure on them.

Moyes wants Derby response
“We need to get results to do that and Derby is our first chance.”

Boss Paul Jewell has told his relegated Derby players to prove they can survive a summer cull.

Jewell insists all of his players are fighting for their futures for the remainder of the season.

He said: “I will be looking for what the players can do because they haven’t delivered too often.

“I know the qualities I’m looking for next season — some here will be part of it, some won’t.”

pic-blue-liver-bird.jpg

Last edited:

efc__1207307534_efc-prog.jpg

OSMAN: NO RAMS TO THE SLAUGHTER

Leon Osman believes relegated Derby will cause Everton more problems than fans expect at Goodison Park on Sunday.

Derby were condemned to the Coca-Cola Championship last weekend after their 2-2 home draw with Fulham, and have still only managed one league win this season.

With Everton desperately needing the points to stay in touch with fourth-placed Liverpool in the race for Champions League qualification, few expect anything but an emphatic home victory.

But midfielder Osman has issued a word of warning and said: "Derby have been relegated now and they may well come to Goodison in a more relaxed mood than they would be in if they still needed points themselves.

"They will want to enjoy the last few games they have got in the Premier League, and we have just got to make sure that we are at it 100%.

"We have got to go about the job in the correct manner because it will not be an easy game.

"There are six games left now for us so there are still plenty of points for us to fight for. We know we need to win games again and we feel that we are fully capable of doing so."

Manager David Moyes' side have secured just one point from the last three games and Osman is determined to get back on track as soon as possible.

He said: "Every team goes through a sticky patch during the course of a season and this is our first one really, so hopefully it is behind us now and we get back to winning ways.

"We definitely need the fans behind us in the way they have been all season."

Everton are expected to have striker Andrew Johnson available after he recovered from a groin injury.

Teenage frontman Victor Anichebe is also back in training after spending the early part of the week in hospital for tests on a virus.

Everton have doubts over full-back Tony Hibbert due to a hip problem, while midfielder Steven Pienaar has not trained all week after a knee injury.

Tim Cahill and James Vaughan are both out for the season with long-term injuries.

Last edited:

efc__1207307534_efc-prog.jpg

Everton v Derby

_44523393_eve_derby.gif

Goodison Park
Sunday, 6 April
Kick-off: 1500 BST
Coverage on the BBC Sport website, BBC Radio Five Live & highlights on Match of the Day. Commentary on BBC Radio Derby and BBC Radio 5 Live Sports Extra

Everton are expected to have striker Andrew Johnson available to face Derby after his recovery from a groin injury.

Everton have doubts over full-back Tony Hibbert (hip problem) and midfielder Steven Pienaar, who has not trained all week because of a knee injury.

Derby will be without defender Marc Edworthy, who has cracked a rib.

Edworthy joins long-term absentees Claude Davis and Giles Barnes on the sidelines as Paul Jewell seeks his first league win as County manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Everton manager David Moyes:
"We lost the Merseyside derby last week, which gave Liverpool a five-point lead on us.

"But we are not out of the race for fourth, but it is much more difficult now. But we are still there and will keep trying to make it.

"We have six (games) left and four of those at home. We must make sure we win the home games."

Last edited:

Nice to see aj back think we will set our stall out like this

.........................Howard..................................

Nev........Yobo....................Lescott.........Baines........

Arteta..............Fernandes...........Cars..........Ossie......

......................AJ.........Yak...........................

Subs: Wessels, Jags, Grav, Rodwell, Vic

Hibbo and Peanuts are injured!!!

everton.gif

whats your fav kit , mine has to be the the 1985 title winning kit , the one i wore when i was 16 years old, ah good times my friends, GOOD TIMES!!

Fact is we are better than most teams now espec liverpool! you may have won the Derby but we was hit with major injuries and gifted you a goal, the other Derby well we all know referee played a major part for Liverpool in that game!

You have stood still for 6 years whereas we have moved from a 15th-17th team to a 4th-6th team.

:SMOKIN:

Last edited:

Nearly kick off time, should be a sweet day (if your blue) :LOL:

As expected derby have come and look like they are enjoying them selves for a change, with the pressure off looks like they will give us a good game.....30 mins gone 0-0

quality oozing out of our team and still expect the 3 points..

EDIT HALF TIME...should have had two, blatant penalty refused again....

Last edited:

boo hoo blue4life. Do you do anything apart from moan and rant?

He's an attention seeker. People started to pay him less attention so he started up another arguement to try and get people to play with him again. Hence posting the same arguement in both this and the Liverpool thread.

Here you go Blue, I'll pass the ball to you. Feel better now? :BY:

Feed the Yak .... and he'll miss from five yards with an open goal :LOL:

We widely acknowledge Voronin is shit. Meanwhile according to you lot, Yakubu is one of the best strikers in the Prem :LOL:

We widely acknowledge Voronin is shit. Meanwhile according to you lot, Yakubu is one of the best strikers in the Prem :LOL:

mate your impossible really you are, top strikers dont miss chances?...what never ever....:LOL:

what you think they are robots?

Yakubu a top striker?

ermmm yes 19 goals so far in his first season for us , and surely you know his goal tally at pompey and boro or dont you know your football, dags your makin an idiot of your self go away.

manuel fernandes is on fire today welcome back son after all the injuries , majestic through ball to wee ossie....great goal...!

ermmm yes 19 goals so far in his first season for us , and surely you know his goal tally at pompey and boro or dont you know your football, dags your makin an idiot of your self go away.

:oooh:

SOMETIMES IT SNOW`S IN APRIL

_44523393_eve_derby.gif

Played during several snow storms.
Well a good work out today against a very weak derby, moyes used the situation to chop and change all after noon , bringing on jags, valente and anichebe, sound work from manuel fernandes and strength and support from ossie and neville, 3 points off the champions league spot now and looking good for everton football club...off to work now, thanks for the banter folks, hope you enjoyed the craic...

3792342202.jpg

tab.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know how Arshavin isn't still scouted by any of the Premier League Team. My god he bloody hell played Bayer out of the park!! He was linked in every move, goal of Zenit!! Good player!!

I don't know how Arshavin isn't still scouted by any of the Premier League Team. My god he bloody hell played Bayer out of the park!! He was linked in every move, goal of Zenit!! Good player!!

:w00t: WTF....that just passed me by mate, sorry......
why keep talkin about arshavin in my thread, he aint that good mate, he plays in a poor quality league and probaly would get lost in the premier.....

keep meaning to say congrats again to everton ladies for thumping the red-shite 5-1 the other night to go second in the title race with the arsenal....

Last edited:

EVERTON FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

David Moyes is optimistic his side can still overhaul Liverpool.

The Blues' 1-0 win over Derby saw them move just three points behind their local rivals in the fight for a Champions League place.

Liverpool could only draw 1-1 at Arsenal on Saturday and the manager is hopeful of catching the Reds, but was also keen to point to his side's achievements this term.

"We are optimistic that we are still in with a chance of doing it.

"We've got 60 points, we've won 18 games in the league one more than our neighbours, with five to go so we are in a healthy position."

DB089E0D-0DB7-972A-0B4BE63EB246E-1.jpg

Indeed, the Blues' could soon set a record points haul under Moyes - though he knows some improvements will be required.

The boss said: "I think if we win at Birmingham it gives us more points than I have had at Everton before.

"We've not created as many chances recently as we should have done, due to the many losses of key players."

Next weekend, Everton visit Birmingham while Liverpool have a tricky tie with Blackburn.

coyb good win yesterday shame the yak missed that one but hey all good players do it, rooney, tevez, van persie, aj, drogba, adebayor....

cant think of any other good strikers in the prem hehe.

Back
Top Bottom