Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

yes fulham totaly deserved there 3 points , we were not at the races , especialy after anichebe got injured in warm up, aj off after 15 mins and vaughan out for rest of the season, we had no options upfront to change much, we aint won at fulham since 1966 in the league , mad but true, well done fulham! i think playing teams that are fighting for premiership survival is as difficult as playin the top teams, any way im sad to fall 3 points of the top 4 but everton and liverpool have some very tough times ahead, so i would expect things to be a bit see-saw between now and the end of the season.

IN MOYES WE TRUST.

Good read--thanks!

STRIKER CRISIS!!
Well it seems we in the shit!
last game against fulham we had to put lescott up front with yakubu as anichebe,vaughan and aj were all injured!
we are at home to west ham this sat and although we beat them twice already this season the game worries me as anichebe and aj struggle for fitness at this time have a feeling that if man utd to manage to win over liverpool then we might struggle to gain over them point wise, if we didnt suffer injuries we would be fine, come on blue boys its been a long tough season , keep the blue flag flying high!!

not bad i guess , he has chipped in with eight goals so far, but he is not a centre forward by any means...

Probably can unsettle opposition defenses with his...face lol

I know it unsettles me!

Yous lot have to win today. Liverpool could well slip up against the Mancs so you have to try and make up the defecit now, as early as possible.

i know pete, its a great chance seeing your boys have a tough away day, lots of injuries at the mo, aj and cahill are big losses, big efort needed today but hopefully 3 points too..:DD

Agree but it would probably be different had the disallowed goal was given ...

YAKUBU NO. 19 FOR SEASON!
exactly!!! 2-0 and game over how many times has this happened to us this season and yakubu in particular, bloody joke it is, were struggling with all these injuries now and with such a small squad it had to happen i guess, pinarr, yobo, AJ and cahill major doubts for next weeks mersy derby, still the games all about passion and every thing else goes out the window, cmon man utd do the usual and take 3 points! Have a bad feelin the shite gonna nick this one.

Which disallowed goal? I am pretty sure the ball came off Anichebe, and then Yakuba scored.

moyesvrafabr9.png

Where do you guys see Lescott as best position? My mate says he's far better at centre-back, but from what I've seen of him he's a cracking wing-back (good running, crossing and obviously tackling)?

agree with you dags!! but seems comfy in both positions, i think he prefers the wing also, he has come a long way and pleased to see him in the england squad , he deserves that, jagielka has had a good first season also...

AJ IS FIT....JUST. edit...he is out!

AJ.jpg

SIGNS ARE AJ WILL START OR MAKE THE BENCH....:))

scrub that , sky sports news say he is out! as is cahill and pienarr, moysie better get his kit washed!

Last edited:

177TH LEAGUE MERSEYSIDE DERBY SPECIAL..

derbydaycopycopy.jpg

Your Mission, should you wish to accept it.....

STOP THIS MAN...

torres20kb3.jpg

Seriously this fella Torres has proved himself to be the real deal this season. £26m you would expect him to be, well not necessarily, look at Schevchenko et al., but I reckon Liverpool have got the best centre forward since Ian Rush. And as a life long Blue, Rushy still gives me nightmares.

Even though im blue4life there are certain players who you see in other teams, who you have respect for, despite the colour of their jersey.

In recent years, I look at the likes of Schmeichel, Roy Keane, Cantona and Ronaldo at United, Bergkamp, Henry, at Arsenal, Zola at Chelsea, Gascgoine in his prime at Newcastle or Spurs, and the likes of the aforementioned Reds on the other side of the Park.

Liverpool however despite the addition of this Spanish goal machine, have become "easier to deal with in my sitting at home behind the computer with no pressure" opinion because of Torres, in the same way as Everton won nothing when they let Andy Gray leave and brought in Gary Lineker in 85.

Because despite the 30 - 40 odd goals Torres will undoubtedly find you this season, the dynamics of the team have changed so that everything goes through him. Even Stevie G - lar, has found himself having to adapt his role to suit the Spaniard. The message this Derby game is simple. If you stop Torres, you stop Liverpool.

Everton prior to Lineker, scored goals from all areas, 30 goals coming from the wings from Sheedy and Steven, even 15 from centre back Degsy Mountfield. The following season everything went through Lineker. And in all fairness he did very well, went onto win the golden boot for England in 86 and then buggered off to Spain on the back of his success. However Everton were beaten both to the League and the FA Cup by Liverpool who despite Rush bagging a hat full were still contrtibuting through the likes of Dalglish, Craig Johnson, Whelan etc etc

Liverpool this season look very much a one man attack, Kuyt doesnt impress even the most blinkered of my red associates, Babbel looks frustrated out on the left, Crouch must be wishing he'd moved on in January, and Gerard is probably the only other goals outlet for the Reds, although even he seems to be relishing in his role of Torres supply, so much so that in the 1st half against France last night the normally so lethal shooter from outside the box, appeared to have lost his touch altogether.

Anyway back to the weekends action, if Torres recovers from his mid week international against Italy, he is sure to start. Everton have Pienaar, Cahill and Johnson out, i cant decide whether Moysie will stick to his preferred 4-5-1 or lack of midfield numbers will force him to accomodate Anichebe who started his goal tally last night for Nigeria U23's alongside Yakubu.

The result will probably decide who wins 4th. And like any other derby it will be physical, unpredictable, and passionate.

But win lose or draw, I just hope we have a fair ref this time,the last derby was a joke....

fansonline

Last edited:

EVERTON HIT BY INJURIES

ANDY JOHNSTON, STEVEN PIENARR AND CAHILL ALL OUT!!!:MAD:

WITH THIS IN MIND...here is my probable 11

It may be 4-5-1:

------------------Howard------------------
Hibbo-----Jagielka----Lescott----Baines
Arteta---Neville---Manny---Carsley---Osman
--------------------Yakubu---------------

Although I can't actually see Manny make the starting lineup but Cahill is injured and we don't have a lot of fit strikers. If Pienaar recovers then put Osman in central midfield.

The right result!!

Its a disgrace how many times we have been robbed by poor officals this season , this website was set up by football fans fed up with the refs f**kin it up, worst ones was against blackburn when ajs winner was disallowed even though he was 10 miles on-side and last weeks should have been winner to put us two up on the hammers when yak was wrongly ruled off side, any way this right result league shows us to have rightly run away with fourth spot by miles over the pool, if we dont still win 4th spot it will be a disgrace for we have earnt it big time, f**KIn officals everton gain 5 points whilst the shite have had six to many awarded, still not had one penaltie awarded all season in the league! how mad is that, maybe on sunday eh...bloody officals..

red-2.jpg

black.jpg

http://www.rightresult.net/

Last edited:

rightresult page is a load of old bollocks.

So many decisions are made that affect goals, but not directly and therefore don't get registered.
If you finish below Liverpool (which you will) it is because they are a better team with better players.

It's clutching at straws.

Sorry lad, no offense intended, but I just had to post this, as it cracked me up. I do think that Moyes is a world class manager.

attachment.php

Sorry lad, no offense intended, but I just had to post this, as it cracked me up. I do think that Moyes is a world class manager.

attachment.php

:w00t: Thats creepy man! is that the side of Moyes the players see when they lose

Guys, easy tactics for Sunday's big game:

Stick Mascherano on the ref, play one up-front, float balls into the box and watch Reina flap!

;)

Torres's fee has been mooted at:

16m (because of the cut price Garcia deal)
20m (Personally I think its this)
26m (What Mancs, Chavs and Evertonians use)

Back
Top Bottom