Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

baines to start? no yobo? interesting stuff, come on you blues if baines starts, him bombing down the wing with pienaar could be an interesting outlet for us, need to start well, come on you blue boys!!!!!!!!

Fiorentina have been rubbish tonight, Everton have completely bossed them. Fiorentina really need to step it up in these last few minutes because I can sense another Everton goal.

Now that was interesting. A poll in the Liverpool Echo said Everton fans said they'd prefer to win the UEFA Cup than finish fourth. Bread and butter eh? ;)

What a shocking dive by Yakubu! :lmao:

Well, either team could/should have gone through. In both legs, both away teams were shit and the home team should've had five goals. As is the lottery of pens, there was nothing to seperate you apart from luck.

Everton will be kicking themselves after that because Fiorentina looked like a Grade A sunday league outfit, utter garbage they were.

Everton will be kicking themselves after that because Fiorentina looked like a Grade A sunday league outfit, utter garbage they were.

Yes because we made them look like that!

Its called out playing a team

eeverton9hx.jpg

To be fair it was the other way around in the first leg and Everton were lucky they were 'only' two goals down.

David Moyes "To be fair it’s hardly worth paying the money if that’s what you’re going to be put in and maybe that’s why we’re seeing so many empty stadiums for the big teams in Italy at the moment, maybe the way they’re looking after the supporters isn’t enough. And I thought that our supporters were treated quite shabbily and hopefully that will give them something to shout about."

:applause: Same old - English fans getting treated like shite in Italy. We still haven't had an apology from the savages in Rome.

Unlucky Everton, it's been fun watching the English teams hammering the Italian clubs out of Europe over the last few weeks, so sad that you lost the lottery which is a penalty shoot-out. You just about deserved to go through, Fiorentina were shockingly bad. Antred hit the nail on the head, I thought I was watching a Serie C side.

Last edited:

I said they "looked" like a Serie C side last night...and they won on penalties. Anything can happen with a shoot-out, it's a lottery. :)

Never been prouder to be an Evertonian, totally immense performance, knew we would never win on pens, we just dont do peno's.

Brilliant Everton, just brilliant.

I love this club.

What a season this has been AND WILL CONTINUE to be.

hung over today unc!!!?

some night great match, keep the faith, we'll take 4th now, just watch us batter the redshite on 30th.

COYB!!!!!!!!!!

Both home teams bossed the away team, the away team were shite on both occasions. Well played to both teams for their home leg, and laughter to both teams for their shite away performance.

Yes they were poor but Fiorentina were hardly up to full strength no liverani(midfield all over the place), Semioli, Mutu...

A Neville quote:

Finishing fourth this season would be an absolutely astronomical achievement considering the quality of the side who want to finish in fourth place. We’re under no illusions about the size of the task, but with the spirit and the togetherness of the squad, we’re going to give it our best shot.”

Assuming he's talking about Liverpool there, is he now saying we're a better team and we've got more quality? If so, is he also saying if we finish fifth, it's because we played so poor that a team with less quality has finished above us? This is the second time (the first being after the first leg against Fiorentina) when someone from Everton has came out saying about our quality. Big club/small club?

Both home teams bossed the away team, the away team were shite on both occasions. Well played to both teams for their home leg, and laughter to both teams for their shite away performance.

Good post, I agree.

I might add that was probaly the worst away Viola performance for a longtime & they were definitely skating on thin ice, I put it down to poor finshing at the end of the day as Everton had many chances but the front 2 imo were very poor & should have done better but credit to the team pegging 2 back.

Last edited:

A Neville quote:

Finishing fourth this season would be an absolutely astronomical achievement considering the quality of the side who want to finish in fourth place. We’re under no illusions about the size of the task, but with the spirit and the togetherness of the squad, we’re going to give it our best shot.”

Assuming he's talking about Liverpool there, is he now saying we're a better team and we've got more quality? If so, is he also saying if we finish fifth, it's because we played so poor that a team with less quality has finished above us? This is the second time (the first being after the first leg against Fiorentina) when someone from Everton has came out saying about our quality. Big club/small club?

What he means basically is...if we pip you to 4th spot it will be amazing for us after the 50 million plus your team spent in the summer, simple as that.

EVERTON REBORN..

Everton miss out, "but never felt so proud to call myself an Evertonian"

We may have lost, we may be out, but I sure am proud to call myself an Evertonian.
I was so proud of my Everton last night, our Everton. In my opinion, and yes I'm bias, there are no fans worldwide that come close to Evertonians.

Quite simply, David Moyes is the best thing that has happened to our club for years. The whole country expected us to choke, we didn't, we excelled and we can be very proud of our accomplishments.

The journey has come to an end, but the experience gained will be invaluable. You could not fault any of the players for passion, effort and pride in that Blue shirt. I love this club more than words can do justice and it appears the players share that mentality.

The atmosphere was incredible, four stands of Goodison rising singing "We shall not be moved" will stick with me forever.

In my opinion, this will be the start of the rebirth of our great football club as a major force in English football.

The players showed everybody worldwide last night what it means to play for and support Everton, it might be an exhilarating rollercoaster with all its ups and downs but personally, I wouldn't change it for the world.

Forget fifth, that should now be secured, we must aim for fourth place; it has to be our target.

We were brilliant last night, players and fans, be proud. I have never felt prouder to call myself an Evertonian. United we stand, divided we fall.

JJFANBASE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom