Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

I suppose I did go over the top. Just the fact that you seemed overconfident and tried to play down Serie A for the second leg. But I'm warning you, Fiorentina are no pushovers, and I can see them going through.

good for you now.....AWAYWITCHA :r1

Why slag my team whens its only half time, dont see the point, come back next week and we can have a chat about the complete tie.

Because you completely slagged off Fiorentina without even giving them credit. Should have been 3 or 4-0 for them.

I'm pretty sure if Liverpool got beat the same way Everton did, then you'd have been in our thread saying the same things to us.

You wont beat Fiorentina by three or four goals, you'll be lucky to get two. And to do all of that without conceding a single goal? I'm sure you're quite aware that if Fiorentina hit you on the break (or maybe they'll have much of the play) and score their one away goal, you'll need to score four goals? All without them getting a second? You've got an incredidibly hard task ahead of you and you really are making yourself look a bit foolish by saying you easily expect to go through with so many goals.

wouldnt say i slagged them off! Look its like this , as i said everton were rubbish last night , not the team i know at all, so thought whats gonna happen when we perform as normal thats all.

i got to go to work , cheers y`all! :EASY:

Last edited:

When you perform as normal, it'll probably be a good game. But to win by 3-4 goals? If you play your normal game at Stamford Bridge, do you think you'd beat Chelsea by 3-4 goals? Because Fiorentina are third place for a reason.

yeh and we are joint 4th in the english premier league for a reason, are you now sayin serie a is on a level par with the premier league? ha ha Ffs dont make me laugh , serie a is very ordinary at best , not to mention a complete athmosphereless bore to watch....

yeh and we are joint 4th in the english premier league for a reason, are you now sayin serie a is on a level par with the premier league? ha ha Ffs dont make me laugh , serie a is very ordinary at best , not to mention a complete athmosphereless bore to watch....

So you're now saying that you think the Italian league isn't as strong and the team in fourth place in Italy is shit compared to the team fourth in England? I say shit because you're going to put 3-4 goals passed them.

Stef, we won our game in hand already ;)

2 teams fighting for CL in Serie A and EPL face each other. The Serie A team bosses the other team. Take your own conclusion....

Quite laughable to suggest teams like Fiorentina have no atmopshere. Compared to Everton who only sing songs about hating the 'Red Shite'

You're not joint 4th, you are 5th.

what are you on and whats your problem with everton and i in particular, go away and try to annoy some one else..:r1

never said we were world beaters did i ha
funny that because UEFA cup is a secondary objective for everton fc also , you see the premier league is our bread and butter , we (everton fc ) have been in our top flight league longer than any other english team, we understand whats important and thats 4th spot for champions league football next season , now take your comments and your italian ass out of my thread...:EASY:

Its bread and butter for Everton to yoyo up and down the table not doing much:EASY:

2 teams fighting for CL in Serie A and EPL face each other. The Serie A team bosses the other team. Take your own conclusion....

so you totally bossed your game against inter at home , so you sayin inter aint any good , what a plonker!

its europe mate away team plays defensive and home team rules the roost make your own conclusion :DOH:

Whatever it is, my conclusion won't be 'epl is teh best league, serie a sucks lol'

Its bread and butter for Everton to yoyo up and down the table not doing much:EASY:

If your red, read!
what the hell is this? you reds must have been praying that we would finally get beat!! :SMOKIN:
whats all the negative comments about , never seen so many reds on here, peter catch a grip, and you lot say we are bitter, that abishek dude is a bitter lad too, im proud of my team! i love everton! Im 38 now 31 years an evertonian and there have been many dark days/years, but we stand with them through thick and thin, not glory hunters, we have had the good times too(if you know are history) if ya dont then f**kin look it up and educate your one track minds, your thread is a disgrace , every single one of you regular posters have turned on the owners, the manger and the players,Maybe we should sell our club to clueless W(y)anks,bring in a Spanish waiter for manager,spend millions upon millions to impress in CL,as well as look stupid every year convincing our deluded fans that 'THIS IS OUR YEAR' to win the title,and end up like you do each year, have a long good look at your selves...:NONO:

EVERTON FC
THE PEOPLES CLUB.

Last edited:

:EASY:MANAGER OF THE MONTH

moyes_705746.jpg

David Moyes is the Barclays Premier League Manager of the Month for February.

The Blues boss received his award on Friday morning at Finch Farm less than an hour after touching down at Liverpool Airport following the flight from Florence.

It was a timely boost for Moyes after the Uefa Cup defeat in Italy the previous night.

“I’d like to thank everyone at the club, especially the players,” he said, “not only for the month of February but for the previous ones too. They are playing tremendously well and we are making progress.

“Looking forward, I hope that there are more of these to come and if the players continue to play as well as they have been then hopefully that will happen.”

Moyes last won this award in January 2006 and it is the fourth time he has received the accolade since joining Everton. He previously won it in November 2002 and again in September 2004.

Last edited:

Moyes aims swipe at Reds

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

Everton manager David Moyes has aimed a swipe at local rivals Liverpool saying he expected them to win the title - or at least finish runners-up - this season.

Just hours after returning from the disappointment of losing an Uefa Cup tie to Fiorentina Moyes has to turn his attention immediately to the race for fourth spot in the Premier League.

Everton are at struggling Sunderland on Sunday but Moyes heaped more pressure on Liverpool - who moved into fourth by beating West Ham 4-0 in midweek - by underlining the Reds' underachievement this campaign.

The Scot, named Barclays manager of the month for February, insists fourth place for Liverpool is a failure for the Anfield club.

Success
"I thought Liverpool would finish first or second this season with the money they have spent; I felt they would come very close to winning the championship," said Moyes. "I think that it cannot be seen as success if Liverpool finish fourth, if Everton finish fourth then that is success.

"But it cannot be seen as success for them. Not for a side who set out to win the title or certainly come second.

"They have spent accordingly to win the title, so for them not to qualify for the Champions League is a serious problem, while it would not be for us.

"We don't budget for that - maybe in the future we might - but not at present.

"We can't really be expected to finish above Liverpool, they are the favourites.

"So if you'd said to me that with 10 games to go we would be level on points with them and they would only be ahead on goal difference I would have certainly taken that situation.

Moyes aims swipe at Reds

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

Everton manager David Moyes has aimed a swipe at local rivals Liverpool saying he expected them to win the title - or at least finish runners-up - this season.

Just hours after returning from the disappointment of losing an Uefa Cup tie to Fiorentina Moyes has to turn his attention immediately to the race for fourth spot in the Premier League.

Everton are at struggling Sunderland on Sunday but Moyes heaped more pressure on Liverpool - who moved into fourth by beating West Ham 4-0 in midweek - by underlining the Reds' underachievement this campaign.

The Scot, named Barclays manager of the month for February, insists fourth place for Liverpool is a failure for the Anfield club.

Success
"I thought Liverpool would finish first or second this season with the money they have spent; I felt they would come very close to winning the championship," said Moyes. "I think that it cannot be seen as success if Liverpool finish fourth, if Everton finish fourth then that is success.

"But it cannot be seen as success for them. Not for a side who set out to win the title or certainly come second.

"They have spent accordingly to win the title, so for them not to qualify for the Champions League is a serious problem, while it would not be for us.

"We don't budget for that - maybe in the future we might - but not at present.

"We can't really be expected to finish above Liverpool, they are the favourites.

"So if you'd said to me that with 10 games to go we would be level on points with them and they would only be ahead on goal difference I would have certainly taken that situation.

So David......are you saying Everton are a small club?

:w00t:

Hmmm Moyes gets back from being beaten in the Uefa cup and takes a swipe at Liverpool to deflect attention?

Blue I do know your history. I just find it funny that you say the league is your 'bread and butter'. It is for everyone mate because only the few get into Europe. I can understand teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal saying the league is 'bread and butter', but Everton?

So David......are you saying Everton are a small club?

:w00t:

NO Were sayin we didnt sell the soul of our club to get quick financal gain like your lot did, dont squander millions and millions on nothing players , we just dont have that kind of money , what money we do have however is honest money!

Last edited:

Blue I do know your history. I just find it funny that you say the league is your 'bread and butter'. It is for everyone mate because only the few get into Europe. I can understand teams like United, Liverpool and Arsenal saying the league is 'bread and butter', but Everton?

unbeliveable your getting worse, :DOH: ok, we cant afford to drop out of the top league not likely too either ,it brings in millions each year to this great club, we are a football club, its a business! unless we and every other premier league team remain in the top flight there will be alot of revenue lost and then the snowball effect hits hard, hope that wasnt to difficult to comprehend peter! the premier league is our bread and butter its as simple as that.

NO Were sayin we didnt sell the soul of our club to get quick financal gain like your lot did, dont squander millions and millions on nothing players , we just dont have that kind of money , what money we do have how ever is honest money!

'Nothing players'

Good lord you really are clueless. Your lack of respect for Fiorentina confirms it.

unbeliveable your getting worse, :DOH: ok, we cant afford to drop out of the top league not likely too either ,it brings in millions each year to this great club, we are a football club, its a business! unless we and every other premier league team remain in the top flight there will be alot of revenue lost and then the snowball effect hits hard, hope that wasnt to difficult to comprehend peter! the premier league is our bread and butter its as simple as that.

So its everyone's bread and butter. Yes, so why use it in an argument for Everton?

NO Were sayin we didnt sell the soul of our club to get quick financal gain like your lot did, dont squander millions and millions on nothing players , we just dont have that kind of money , what money we do have how ever is honest money!

LOL! No way are you 38!

Give the guy a break lads, he just loves him team. :)

Last edited:

So its everyone's bread and butter. Yes, so why use it in an argument for Everton?

not using it as an argument pete , just stating a fact after milanista said fiorentina used uefa cup as a secondary priority over the league and i said yes its the same for us as our league is our b and b , just stating a fact, it dont always have to be an argument pete Ffs....

Back
Top Bottom