Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

Seems like Fiorentina aren't taking this competition as serious as you. They're fielding a B-ish team tonight. Many starters are being rested for the Champions League assault in Serie A.

b- team :EASY: hope your right but cant see it after there coaches comments about us....come on you blues, a score draw i hope.

yeah i want Everton to win to have a final Everton-Tottenham or Tottenham/Everton-Bayer Munich!

Woah! Fiorentina won without Pazzini, Mutu, Santana?!

Must have been a really good performance.

I saw a bit of the game and they were knocking it about superbly at pace with precision. Everton were coping well though at the time and looked dangerous on the counter.

pazzini played 2nd half mate as did arteta , whats all the fuss with pazzini looked very ordinary to me . Any way worse performance of the season , we just didnt turn up, had to happen some time i guess! fiorentina deserved a 2-0 victory we were very poor! dont see much to worry about fully expect us to proceed to next round 3 or 4 nil at fortress goodison park, we in the same boat as inter milan, 2 nil down but home leg to come, expect milan to recover the two goals also. oh my ...did you see cahills over head kick last night ...sublime!!!.. :DANCE:

pazzini and santana played 2nd half mate as did arteta and andy johnston , whats all the fuss with pazzini looked very ordinary to me . Any way worse performance of the season , we just didnt turn up, had to happen some time i guess! fiorentina deserved a 2-0 victory we were very poor! dont see much to worry about fully expect us to proceed to next round 3 or 4 nil at fortress goodison park, we in the same boat as inter milan, 2 nil down but home leg to come, expect milan to recover the two goals also. oh my ...did you see cahills over head kick last night ...sublime!!!.. :DANCE:

Fully expect? Fiorentina aren't exactly pushovers mate, if Fiorentina get a single goal, it's over. I VERY much doubt you'll go getting 3-4 goals like you say you "fully expect". Again, pay a bit more respect. You were in a bit of form and think you're world beaters than can go and slam a team by 3-4 goals, who you said yourself are playing very well and beat Juve over the weekend. A bit too much over-confidence there, and a lot of naivety as well.

Pazzini had less than a half to play and you said he looked ordinary and what's the fuss? Surely you can't judge someone on less than 45 mins to ask what the fuss is?

Cahill's overhead wasn't anything special at all considering the defender pulled out of the tackle because he heard the ref blow the whistle, as well as the keeper not bothering to move because it was blown up also. I VERY much doubt he'd have even got the kick if the ref hadn't blew as the defender was right next to Cahill and would've got a head in. And even then, the shot was pretty much in the middle of the goal anyway and the keeper would've stopped it.

I said it in the last Everton game, the simple things seem to please Everton fans. From applauding simple passing moves to going crazy and creaming themselves over a chance which only occured because the play had been stopped :lol:

87DAB7AC-926E-78C6-5845DA607437DF79.jpg

FORGET Florence. It’s Liverpool that has to be the home of the renaissance now.

It would be quite apt in Capital of Culture year and artistry and innovation will certainly be welcome at Goodison Park next week – with a fit-again Mikel Arteta involved it might just happen.
Difficult conditions didnt help either,

Because on a dreary, difficult night, Everton in the end did well to avoid needing a second successive six-goal second leg to see them through this one.

But it’s still only half-time – they are still in it and it’s still possible – particularly as they now have absolutely no doubt about what they are up against.

However, it is going to be tough. Serial European campaigners like Phil Neville and the excellent Tim Howard will tell you that.

Last night was always going to be a very different proposition to anything that had gone before, especially compared to the four previous opponents Everton have beaten on their own soil in successive games in this UEFA Cup run.

Playing a team whose name you didn’t have to Google just to find out what country they play in was a new experience for starters.

As, unfortunately, was Everton looking so unsure and unable to impose themselves on the opposition in a way that has become their signature. Everton did not show up for this one.

If you’re after a cagey affair that nullifies the home side, you can live with not scoring yourself. And even a side that conceded an overhead kick to Momo Sissoko at the weekend was never going to be there for taking.

Similarly, not having a great deal of possession or chances is fine in an away leg when you’re in control of things. But, alarmingly, that was rarely the case.

Christian Vieri – scary enough even without that Mohican haircut – will be frustrated he didn’t capitalise on just one of his early one-on-one’s with Tim Howard but with these situations occurring his team-mates always looked likely to create when they advanced into Everton territory.

It wasn’t long before the only thing Vieri was advancing over was the touchline when he was hauled off midway through the second half.

But the growing sense of danger didn’t depart with him and moments later Zdravko Kuzmanovic was sweeping the ball past the all-too-often exasperated figure of Howard – if the American does receive a man of the match prize it will be the most hollow of 29th birthday presents. He was beaten by a strike of similarly scintillating technique by Ricardo Montolivo minutes later and as he turned to the crowd to celebrate, Everton’s thoughts turned to the second leg and ensured victory at least, if this is the best fiorentina can do against a bad everton they should be very wary of a trip to goodison park on wednesday.

bit of a rant there dags, whats that all about , any one would think your team just got turned over in europe, we were crap last night, if we play to our potential we will turn this tie round ,i thought they were pretty basic considering how poor we were.plus have watched fiorentinas last three games and other than boring me to death ive had the chance to look at thier players, do you think pazzini is good , would you want him in your team? tina were awful losing 1-0 to roma three weeks ago , another bore against juve who looked dreadful also, the serie a looks piss poor compared to the premiership.

Last edited:

arrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh what a crap feeling waking up this morning was and realising the dream may be over, not on your nelly bring on wednesday night KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!!

3-0 efc, yak (2) aj

image.php

the serie a looks piss poor compared to the premiership.

I would take another look if I were you. I've seen more dull games in the EPL this year then in Serie A mate. Don't be so overconfident, it's not because Milan (and possibly Inter) are out that the Serie A is piss poor. You played the B team of a side that does fairly well in Serie A and got battered so I think it would be wise to revise your statement.

I would take another look if I were you. I've seen more dull games in the EPL this year then in Serie A mate. Don't be so overconfident, it's not because Milan (and possibly Inter) are out that the Serie A is piss poor. You played the B team of a side that does fairly well in Serie A and got battered so I think it would be wise to revise your statement.

HA :r1 What an idiot you look fiorentina fielded nine (nine) players against everton that also played and beat juventus , so they were missing a few players (2) that played against juve , so is that enough to constitute a (b) team ha! In that case we played our (b) team also as we didnt start with top players like mikel arteta, andrew johnston and victor anichebe :SMOKIN: fuckin b team! whats that any way ,now its all about rotation. back to the seventies for you son HA! B team! {|=

P.S. Come back here next wed night and we can talk about it.

Last edited:

Dear, dear, Fiorentina played you guys off the park, and you are still so confident of beating them? They have a 2 goal lead, and have on the best better defensive records in the league. Fiorentina are a very good team, with some top class players, and a world class manager.

Dear, dear, Fiorentina played you guys off the park, and you are still so confident of beating them? They have a 2 goal lead, and have on the best better defensive records in the league. Fiorentina are a very good team, with some top class players, and a world class manager.

AND I WOULD MIRROR that comment, Everton are a very good team, a Brilliant defence with some top class players, and a world class manager. :SMOKIN:

whats it to you any way inter are 2-0 down and expect to win at the san siro , whats the difference.

played us off the park ha sure did we had a no-show ha ha ha wont happen again , our worst performance of the season, 4th spot in the premier league is our priority our bread and butter.....yum!

in moyes we trust...simple :EASY: WE ARE EVERTON!

Last edited:

Gotta hand it to ya Blue; you have humour:d
And yes Viola beat us with a B team..thank god they didn't play with the full squad or thet would have crushed us..

Wow now I understand why Liverpool fans added you to the ignore list blue4ever. How can you be so confident and then call Fiorentina a mediocre team? Their coach won coach of the season twice and winning at Turin is no easy task. Fiorentina outplayed you completely... how many Everton shots all game? 1? +1 that was offside? They have one of the best defenses in the league and are very compact, have fun cracking in 3 or 4 without conceeding.

Their B team attacking lineup was even creating problems for Everton.. EVEN VIERI (:lmao:). Everton were a disaster on the counter and couldnt handle the quick wing play by Fiorentina. Howard saved your asses many times but was beat by 2 great goals. No wonder England are labelled as such underachievers if people like you completely hype up everything and expect to be the best in the world.

Dags is right, you're not world beaters, Fiorentina aren't fighting for 3rd for nothing, theyre a very good team. Its not like Everton who have a worse goal difference to Liverpool and can easily lose their 4th spot if Liverpool win their game in hand - Fiorentina are actually 4 clear of 4th and 3 behind 3rd.

The funny thing is that UEFA cup is a secondary objective for Fiorentina but they beat Everton, who values UEFA cup a lot, without much trouble.

Last edited:

The funny thing is that UEFA cup is a secondary objective for Fiorentina but they beat Everton, who values UEFA cup a lot, without much trouble.

what are you on and whats your problem with everton and i in particular, go away and try to annoy some one else..:r1

never said we were world beaters did i ha
funny that because UEFA cup is a secondary objective for everton fc also , you see the premier league is our bread and butter , we (everton fc ) have been in our top flight league longer than any other english team, we understand whats important and thats 4th spot for champions league football next season , now take your comments and your italian ass out of my thread...:EASY:

Last edited:

I suppose I did go over the top. Just the fact that you seemed overconfident and tried to play down Serie A for the second leg. But I'm warning you, Fiorentina are no pushovers, and I can see them going through.

Back
Top Bottom