Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

Everton have defended Tim Cahill after his controversial goal celebration in their 3-1 win over Portsmouth.

Cahill, 28, scored the Toffees' second goal and dedicated it to his brother Sean, who was jailed for six years in January for partially blinding a man.

The Australian midfielder crossed his wrists as if he had been handcuffed.

But a club spokesman said that although some people would not "be in favour" of the celebration, ultimately it was a personal decision.

"Goal celebrations are a personal matter and up to the player to decide," said the spokesman.

"No-one dictates what the player can do as long as he stays within the laws of the game and as long as it doesn't result in a caution.

"He is a very articulate young man and will have weighed up the pros and cons and decided to do it because it was a personal and emotional matter.

"I am sure Tim was fully aware that some people would not be in favour of what he did before he did it."

Cahill has struggled for form since the turn of the year and his goal against Portsmouth was his first since the end of December.

He has also received the support of former Everton striker Graeme Sharp, who told BBC Radio 5 Live that he understood the motives behind the celebration.

"Knowing Tim as I do I can understand that he feels very strongly about his family and he's obviously very disappointed with how things have gone.

"Tim's been through a hard time with the circumstances surrounding his brother and it's just a way of showing his support for him."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Showing your wrists as if being handcuffed is supposed to be showing support? Doesn't seem very supportive to me. Why not have a t-shirt with something supportive wrote on?

was a great 2nd half performance, we passed exceptionaly well as a team and didnt use just one man (a la our kopite neighbours stevie g fc) was well impressed with the yak again and aj was great when he came, moyesy got it right tactically for once!!

COYB all we need to do is keep winning!!

Mate today was awesome , brilliant performance we have blown away two of our champions league pretenders! 2 down 2 to go (watch this space) too many positives to take from another majestic performance especially after the virus that went through our team this week with pienarr then yobo which left cahill and andy johnston needing fitness tests right up to kick off, no mikel arteta again for the third game on the trot but again was hardly missed as we bossed midfield , at times the one touch passing left pompey in awe and no-where in sight
, arteta wasnt missed in the 6-1 thrashing off brann , nor we he missed in the easy away win at manchester city last monday evening, but he certainly is a star in a very impressive everton team that is awesome at the back and scoring goals from all over the pitch, still unbeaten in 2008 in the premier league and maybe an 8th (eighth) straight win in the uefa cup come thursday as we head to florence now to pit our wits against Fiorentina who beat juventus 3-2 yesterday without mutu!!

"Allahu Akbar" (god is great)

And so is EVERTON F.C.

table-1.jpg

Last edited:

everton, everton, everton!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh happy times nevber fewlt so good about us in years, cant remember what its like to loose!!!!!! cant wait for the derby, coyb!!!!!

Everton have defended Tim Cahill after his controversial goal celebration in their 3-1 win over Portsmouth.

Cahill, 28, scored the Toffees' second goal and dedicated it to his brother Sean, who was jailed for six years in January for partially blinding a man.

Showing your wrists as if being handcuffed is supposed to be showing support? Doesn't seem very supportive to me. Why not have a t-shirt with something supportive wrote on?

ok mr dags here you go!

tim2copycopycopy.png

everton, everton, everton!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh happy times nevber fewlt so good about us in years, cant remember what its like to loose!!!!!! cant wait for the derby, coyb!!!!!

ha ha, what are you two like...:)

If Everton qualify for the Champions League this season I am going to buy Chico AND Blue4Life a beer.

I'd genuinely like Everton to finish 4th, they over the course of this season (along with Villa) so far have been more deserving of it. One thing you bitters should bare in mind though is that as long as Liverpool are still progressing in this seasons competition theres a distinct possibility that we could go all the way again which in layman's terms means we'll take your Champions League place off you and make 2nd place play a qualifier, just something for your lot to think about even if you do manage 4th... :THINK:

He might have some trouble travelling to India for your beer mate ;)

i really dont think you have it in ya's to win the cl this year, but if so ill buy anyone who travels to ireland a pint!

Are you old enough to drink Chico? I thought you were like 15 or something?

Now Plan M is twisting my words, do you work for The News Of The World by any chance? ;)

I seriously have had the impression that Chico is definately under eighteen years old, I think due to the fact he keeps calling Blue "unc" and Chico's grammar isn't exactly university standard ;) Again, nothing personal, just an observation.

well the fact is im a 38 y.o and chico is my nephew its thanks to my sister maria chico`s mother that im blue4life..chico is 28 or so, sorry chico :SMOKIN: not sure on that...

If Everton qualify for the Champions League this season I am going to buy Chico AND Blue4Life a beer.

Nice one mate but you will have to come to belfast and have a proper drink with us! :EASY:

Woohoo! :)

I have a photo of me back in 2003 at Old Trafford sitting on Fergie's car with a load of pissed lads from Belfast; it wasn't you lot was it?!

I'll scan it at work tomorrow and post if you!

well the fact is im a 38 y.o and chico is my nephew its thanks to my sister maria chico`s mother that im blue4life..chico is 28 or so, sorry chico :SMOKIN: not sure on that...

sheeet...really? gobsmacked. #-o

good , we like to shock

ESPN Classic’s Happy Endings

ESPN Classic, a channel dedicated to showing re-runs of famous sporting events, documentaries and sports themed movies, available on Sky Channel 442 is showing the following matches in March 2008. It is a selection of Everton's best, most memorable recent matches. Set your video/tape/digibox/dvd.

Please see below for programming schedule.

Saturday 1st March, 11.00pm
2004/2005 Premier League - Norwich 2 v 3 Everton

Saturday 11tht March, 11.35pm
2004/2005 Premier League - Everton 3 v 2 Bolton

Sunday 12th March, 11.00pm
2006/2007 Premier League - Everton 3 v 0 redshite

Sunday18th March, 11.35pm
2006/2007 Premier League - Everton 4 v 1 Fulham

Last edited:

FIORENTINA BOSS WORRIED
137891_mediumsquare.jpg

Fiorentina coach Cesare Prandelli is wary of the threat posed by the Blues.

The Viola enter the Round of 16, first leg clash at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, with Prandelli admitting his side will be up “against one of the best teams in Europe”.

The Italians, who will be without former Chelsea striker Adrian Mutu, enter the clash with David Moyes’ side clash buoyed by their recent 3-2 win over Juventus but the Fiorentina boss believes his side will need to be at their best on Thursday evening.

"I am worried. This is a real team who will make us suffer a lot. We will be against one of the best teams in Europe,” confessed Prandelli.

"I am very curious to see how we fare. This game is going to be very difficult and we are going to have to keep our concentration.

"They are a team who play good football but are also physical. They play the ball well both on the floor and in the air and are very well organised. But if you go out with the thought of defending, then you lose."

Fiorentina like the Blues are challenging the so called Big Boys of their own League by staying in and around the top of the shop most of the season. Names familiar to the English punter will be those of Christian Vieri, our own Per Kroldrup, and injured Chelski drug taker Adrian Mutu. They are in a rich vein of form this season, beating Juve 3-2 at the weekend, but also they have seen off Lazio, Parma and Napoli to name but a few in Serie A. They finished second in Group C of their UEFA Cup Group, to our old foes Villareall, who have subsequently been seen off by Zenit St. Petersburg. They won both there home Group games in the UEFA Cup, 6-1 to Elfsborg, and 2-1 against Mladá Boleslav, and gained commendable draws away at both Villareal and AEK Athens. Like the Blues they are unbeaten in this season's Tournament, and they dispatched of Rosenborg, 1-0 away and 2-1 at home in the last round. Let Battle commence.

Fiorentina Boss Cesare Prandelli has paid the Blues a fantastic compliment when he said he side will come up against one of the best sides in Europe tommorow. Maybe a bit of kidology, or maybe he has had the Blues watched over the last few weeks, and if that is the case, he is not far wrong in his assumption.

Last edited:

Well seven straight wins in the competition so far but this is where it counts now , big ask of the boys out there in florence against the Viola! fresh after there 3-2 win against juventus , at home they will be right up for it! I guess it will be one upfront as usual but just hope moyes dont defend to much and hope for a draw, we can beat this crowd on there own patch if we come out and play, Feed the yak and he will score, arteta missing again by all accounts, 4 games without him now but stevie p doing a right good job in his absence....good luck blues , heres to another very entertaining night in europe....:EASY:

CLASS OF 1985

1628454.jpg

Last edited:

Fiorentina is one tough match toffees. And Prandelli is a world class manager. Will be a great match IMO.

YES MATE! looking forward to this one but a lil nervous to be honest,last 16 this is where it really starts, hope its a good night......:SMOKIN:

Back
Top Bottom