Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

nothing its a joke a funny you may say, i know its hard to laugh at these hard times but you will get thro it peter ;)

Bit of a boob by sky sports here, haha (repeat to fade):

thom-1.jpg

That did make me laugh. He is such a prick.

phil thompson, Complete asshole! I have lfc friends who dont like him , they reckon he is an embarrassment to liverpool, he is just to biased! This plonker has the rose tinted specs on 24/7 ;))

although we are on top of our game, we playin city, its way too tight fighting for 4th spot! any way yes with liverpool gaining a some what hard earned win against boro basically we have to match or better what they and villa do, if city should win tonight then bloody hell its gonna be some scrap up there and we got pompey next, big week for everton , can we kick it....YES WE CAN...:ROCK:

Stand up and be counted...

Phil Neville has warned Everton are entering a defining week in the Club's season.

The Toffees are currently occupying joint fourth spot in the Premier League table. But in the next week must face two of their closest rivals for European qualification, with a trip to Manchester City on Monday night followed by a home encounter with Portsmouth on Sunday.

With 12 games left to play, the Blues' skipper is under no illusion as to the relevance of these two matches to Everton's ambitions of keeping a grip on fourth place.

The challenge begins with City at Eastlands on Monday.

"It’s a massive game," he told evertonTV exclusively.

"Both clubs are desperate to finish in that fourth position. Both clubs have got to this stage of the season showing consistently that we’ve been up there all season so this week is a defining point of our season where we play Portsmouth and Man City and if we come out of this week with good results then there might be a bit of daylight opened up between the teams. We go to City and both teams need the three points, a draw’s probably not good enough for either team, so we have to win.

"If we have any aspirations to finish fourth then draws aren’t good enough, defeats certainly aren’t good enough, we need to win games and we need to show the consistency that we have been showing because over the first three quarters of the season we’ve been fantastic. Now we’re at the business end of the season, this is where you sort the men out from the boys.

im sure it will , we beat them at our joint a coulpe of weeks ago and we didnt play well, some of the lads were at the african nations , hope for better 2nite! you watching it , its live on setanta!

Last edited:

cccccccoooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee oooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn yyyyyyyyyyyyyyooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu bbbbbbbbblllllllluuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man city - just cant raise their game against the smaller sides.
I think that's very harsh considering the only team to beat Man City away in the Premiership so far has been Arsenal. Looks like Everton are going to join them with that achievement.

I thought the team was faultless last night, a great away performance, couldnt ask for more.

Jags & Yobocopwere like a fecking brick wall last night. Yak Man has a trick or two for an old boy doesnt he!!!!

COYB!!!!

Eh? We've got a game in hand over Everton (which would put us on equal points), and then there's eleven more games? Plan M, you really shouldn't get so certain so quickly (e.g. Inter and saying Everton have fourth place with eleven games left).

Dags, I was just stating that Everton ARE NOW IN 4th PLACE! Don't get your red knickers in a twist! :)

I'm sure when you said "4th place is yours" you weren't simply saying Everton are fourth now but you meant they'll be fourth at the end of the season. Or am I wrong?

You are wrong mate! I should of put a "now" in the sentance. 4th place is "now" yours. :)

Everton slap Manchester City in the face and laugh

neville27_468x302.jpg

Everton displayed a convincing performance against Manchester City at the City of Manchester Stadium of Monday night to easily beat Sven-Goran Eriksson’s team 2-0 and reclaim fourth spot in the English Premier League. The victory was indeed a deserved one and underlined just how brilliant the Toffees have been so far this season.Can anyone remember the last goal conceded by this club in the league? I know i cant.

Everton manager David Moyes though is not inclined to get carried away by this win and insists that they have to build on this victory. Moyes remarks:

It was a great performance because Manchester City, their lads won against Manchester United in front of a very big crowd. For us to take six points off them this season is really good. To get 50 points at this stage of the season is fantastic and we have to keep building on it.

In January, Everton won 1-0 against City at home and have now accomplished the double over a Man City side that too isn’t out of the reckoning for the prized fourth spot. But with this victory over one of their rivals, Everton will certainly be boosted.
City became continually frustrated by an Everton team that has not conceded in over seven hours of Premier League football.

Their frustration told late on, as midfielder Martin Petrov was dismissed for a petulant kick at Everton's Leon Osman, this coming after the Bulgarian had hit out earlier at Yakubu.

Moyes insists Everton can keep fourth place

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

Everton manager David Moyes saw his side reach the 50-point mark - and is hungry for more.

Ayegbeni Yakubu's 16th goal of the season and another from defender Joleon Lescott his eight! brought an easy 2-0 victory against Manchester City at Eastlands.

In the process, Everton regained fourth spot from Liverpool after extending their unbeaten run in the top flight to seven games. They have not conceded a goal in over seven hours of premier league football, certainly the form team at the moment.

City went into the match on a high after beating Manchester United but were left deflated.

Everton were convincing winners and kept their dreams of Champions League football alive against one of their challengers.

Moyes' side showed no signs of fatigue despite playing in midweek - when they thrashed Brann Bergen 6-1 in the UEFA Cup.

Moyes said: 'To get 50 points at this stage of the season is fantastic and we have to keep building on it. The players are getting better and European football has helped us.

'There is a belief we can get good results - and I certainly believe in the players. We played well against City and defended superbly. We kept our discipline and made it hard for them to break us down.'

Yakubu opened the scoring on the half hour, prodding the ball home after Tim Cahill had carved out the opening.

Eight minutes later Lescott got goal-side of Richard Dunne to head home a marvellous diagonal ball from the unsung Lee Carsley.

City introduced Elano at the start of the second half but the Brazil playmaker could not make a difference.

Everton defender Phil Jagielka said on Setanta Sports: 'If we can finish fourth it will have been a massive season for us.

'Every point from now on will be vital. If we can keep our performances like we did against City then we should be there or thereabouts.'

To rub salt into City's wound they will be without Martin Petrov for three matches after he was red-carded by referee Rob Styles for kicking out at Leon Osman in stoppage time.

Last edited:

Moyes spot on!!

I felt a little agrieved when i heard the line up for last nights away game to city, No andrew johnston! So the moysiah had decided one up front would do the trick, we completley out fought , out thought! out played this team of the park , so much so that by the last 20 mins they gave up , huffed puffed lost there shape , they resulted to blatant hand balling, blatant dangerous kicks (kung fu kick on yakubu by petrov which was missed by the ref and linesman (no surprise there) oh they also missed the two blatant handballs in the box by micha richards! (no surprise there, we are everton we dont get awarded such luxories as penalties, we have not conceded a goal in nearly seven hours of premier league football, An outstanding away performance by an outstanding EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB...:SAL:

Last edited:

Watch out chelsea!!!

cheers mate, should do or as moysie says "scrub 4th spot we startin to think about chelsea now , we will leave 4th to the chasing pack" Now thats fighting talk!!!:-pp

Last edited:

What the song you were all singing about "going to City twice" couldnt make out all the words a the match?

Fiorentina losing mutu for both legs of the last 16 in the uefa cup is a massive blow to them, would be like us losing 16 goal yakubu, still , there loss is our gain!!! :DANCE:

3a.jpg

:COOPZ:

Last edited:

Give us a f**king Penalty!!

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

IT’S just as well that David Moyes has already told his players not to expect anything whatsoever from English referees this season.

Thankfully Rob Styles’ erratic officiating wasn’t the main talking following Everton’s commanding performance at Eastlands on Monday night, but once again everyone is left wondering just exactly what has got to happen before Everton are actually awarded a penalty in the league.

No one wants to sound paranoid, but it really does seem odd that with almost three quarters of the season gone Everton haven’t been given a single spot kick by an English referee.

And it seems even stranger when compared to the four that continental officials have seen fit to blow for in only seven matches.

The fact that we only actually converted one is beside the point.

Apart from the penalties that never were, several other outrageous decisions have also stymied Everton’s progress in the league – not least at Ewood Park and in the Goodison derby. If Everton do manage to finish fourth then – and there is still admittedly a long way to go – they will certainly have done it the hard way.

Back
Top Bottom