Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

efccopy-2.png

nev.jpg

TIM: CARS IS THE GLUE

Tim Howard has described Lee Carsley as the glue that holds Everton together.

Carsley, who turns 34 today, has been a model of consistency at the centre of the Blues' midfield all season.

And Howard believes Carsley's footballing ability is matched by his big presence on the pitch.

"I think it is important to have people like that," Howard told evertonTV.

"Stubbsy (Alan Stubbs) was one of those and there is very few left. I look at Lee Carsley as somebody who holds the team together – he is the glue."

_42774607_carsley300.jpg

Howard explained that Carsley's organisational qualities were key to Everton's impressive number of clean sheets in recent games.

"When he speaks people listen," declared the keeper. "He is very demanding and that carries on to myself, Jags (Phil Jagielka), Joleon (Lescott), Joseph (Yobo), Hibbo (Tony Hibbert) and Phil Neville and whoever is back there.

"It is important because things are not going to be perfect but when they happen you have a dig, speak to one another, get it hammered out and you get on with it.

"It does not linger because there is no time in football to do that. It is important that we take the leadership role on."

And Howard laughed: "Lee Carsley is the biggest culprit. I always take a bet on how many minutes into the game he has a pop at somebody - including me!"

The Future’s Blue

efc__1203526587_tim.jpg

Monday night saw Everton return to action in the Premier League after yet another impressive outing in Europe. Despite the overwhelming 8-1 aggregate score against the Norwegian Champions FC Brann, I am sure I was not the only fan slightly nervous about the trip to the City of Manchester Stadium. The 1-0 home win at Goodison between the two side’s last time out showed little separating the two teams, and coupled with City’s formidable home record this season, it was with trepidation as I awaited this crucial game.

As has happened so many times this season I was proved wrong in doubting the current form of this side, as Everton swept away the City challenge in a formidable manner. First half goals from the ever potent Yakubu and the increasingly irreplaceable Lescott sealed the win, although truth be told, it could have been many more. After three strong penalties turned down, it’s hard to understand the lack of penalties awarded to the Toffees this season. I don’t believe there to be a vendetta against the team from the referees but the lack of fortune is getting tiresome. Hopefully our luck will turn when it matters - in a close match in the run in – preferably in the derby, we are owed a bit from last time!

As I mentioned above I was nervous about Mondays match. I seem to have an in-built safety procedure in place to not allow myself to get too carried away, and that the ever expanding Everton bubble could burst at any moment - After this game though my caution has been replaced with unrivalled optimism. This result should end the City challenge to the top four, and the convincing way in which we dealt with Sven’s improved team will – have no doubt – scared Liverpool into the realisation that they have a serious fight on their hands this season.

As I am sure most of you do, I have been studying the upcoming fixtures intently, and my optimism increases. The next four games (home to Pompey, then away to Sunderland and Fulham, and home against West Ham) should all be winnable on this form. If this can occur then I believe by the time the derby comes around we could feasibly be in third (see I told you, Optimism!). Seeing the gap to Chelsea dropping to five points on Monday night (or very early Tuesday morning for me – currently in Sydney) I checked their fixtures, and they have to travel to West Ham and Spurs in the coming weeks, and face a home fixture against Arsenal. After Chelsea’s demoralising last couple of results and reported tensions in the dressing room, it is not inconceivable for Grant’s expensive team to drop some points here.

So the next month is looking very promising for the Toffees. The Fiorentina tie in the Uefa Cup is also, I believe, very winnable. I cannot see many teams out battling us, as in a tight contest we are normally the beneficiaries. Traditionally, Italian teams are normally more cautious and I believe this will suit our game a lot more than an attack minded team, such as Bayern, Sporting Lisbon or Werden Bremen. Saying this however, Fiorentina can boast the journeyman striker Christian Vieri, and the now injured Mutu. I can see a battling draw in Florence, followed by an Everton victory at Goodison.

Everton keen to retain 4th spot: Cahill

ajncahill.jpg

Everton's Australian midfielder Tim Cahill says his teammates are determined to cling on to their fourth spot in the English Premiership and win a spot in the Champions League.

Everton jumped above Liverpool after a 2-0 win over Manchester City this week, putting them three points clear of their Premier League rivals.

"We are absolutely desperate to get that fourth place - we have a team full of players who want to play for this football club and who will do everything they can to get into the team," Cahill told the Daily Mirror on Wednesday.

"The similarities between now and three years ago when we finished fourth are strong.

"The biggest thing about this football club since I have been here is that the gaffer can rely on every single player.

"As a team, this is what we are all about. We run until we are dead. We play for each other and that is always the case when we put that blue shirt on.

"We'll play anywhere and do anything. We had a few boys doing different jobs at different times but we got on with it. Everyone is fighting for the cause."

Last edited:

Benitez: Should he stay , or Should he go?

sfnliv127.jpg

I would like to open up here an interesting debate on our nearby foe. I am normally reluctant to discuss anything to do with Liverpool on Everton related material, as quite frankly they do not deserve special attention, but however this has me intrigued. News is that DIC are lining up a bid for Liverpool, which will see many of their fans no doubt delirious with not-thought-through joy, remember how they celebrated when the two cowboys took over. DIC have promised a complete overhaul of the club, investigating all areas. This could (and I imagine would) lead to the dismissal of Benitez. If the Americans stay in control, it might turn out that Benitez stays as not to upset the fans and have a revolt on their hands. Now – from an Everton point of view and wanted to usurp our rivals permanently, which would you prefer? A Liverpool managed by Benitez who, lets be honest, is never going to improve them in the league – or a Liverpool without Benitez? If Benitez was to leave, I imagine most of the Spanish contingent there would sooner or later leave also, leaving the club in disarray. It does however open the door for a decent manager to come in and turn around their league fortunes. I would choose to keep Benitez. As long as he is there spending money on rubbish (with the obvious exception) demoralising his players and whinging about the millions he needs, I can only see Moyes’ magic turning the Blues into the dominant force on Merseyside. The Liverpool fans I think are seriously misguided in their faith of their manager.

Firing on all cylinders!

efc__1203519376_squad.jpg

Everton boss David Moyes is sure his side have enough character to overcome the pressure of competing for the Premier League's much-coveted fourth place.

The Toffees currently hold a three-point advantage over rivals Liverpool as they look to claim UEFA Champions League qualification.

However, Everton's Uefa Cup commitments - two legs against Fiorentina - mean they are forced to play catch-up in the fight for fourth.

Moyes' side showed no signs of buckling under the stain on Monday, though, when they claimed a 2-0 triumph at Manchester City.

And the Scot has voiced his belief that he has enough quality and depth at his disposal to cope with the demanding fixture list.

"We are chasing with a lot of teams and we are having a lot of games on Sundays because of the European campaign."

Last edited:

Singing in the rain in nuremberg

"Everton "oh" we love Everton "oh"

Words below

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U2surMVL2Vk&feature=related

Oh Everton..

Oh Everton
OH EVERTON OH WE LOVE EVERTON
AND WE LOVE OUR NEVILLE SOUTHALL (AND WE LOVE OUR NEVILLE SOUTHALL)
NEVILLE SOUTHALL (NEVILLE SOUTHALL)
AND WE LOVE OUR SHAGGY STEVENS (AND WE LOVE OUR SHAGGY STEVENS)
SHAGGY STEVENS (SHAGGY STEVENS)
AND WE LOVE OUR PSYCHO PAT (AND WE LOVE OUR PSYCHO PAT)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR KEV THE RAT (AND WE LOVE OUR KEV THE RAT)
KEV THE RAT (KEV THE RAT)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
SHAGGY STEVENS (SHAGGY
STEVENS)
AND WE LOVE OUR DEGSY MOUNT (AND WE LOVE OUR DEGSY MOUNT)
DEGSY MOUNT (DEGSY MOUNT)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR PETER REID (AND WE LOVE OUR PETER REID)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR TRICKY TREV (AND WE LOVE OUR TRICKY TREV)
TRICKY TREV (TRICKY TREV)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT
(PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR ANDY GRAY (AND WE LOVE OUR ANDY GRAY)
ANDY GRAY (ANDY GRAY)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR GRAEME SHARP (AND WE LOVE OUR GRAEME SHARP)
GRAEME SHARP (GRAEME SHARP)
ANDY GRAY (ANDY GRAY)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
OH EVERTON OH
WE LOVE EVERTON
AND WE LOVE OUR PAUL BRACEWELL (AND WE LOVE OUR PAUL BRACEWELL)
PAUL BRACEWELL (PAUL BRACEWELL)
ANDY GRAY (ANDY GRAY)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
AND WE LOVE OUR KEVIN SHEEDY (AND WE LOVE OUR KEVIN SHEEDY)
KEVIN SHEEDY (KEVIN SHEEDY)
ANDY GRAY (ANDY GRAY)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
OH
EVERTON OH WE LOVE EVERTON
AND WE LOVE OUR HOWARD KENDALL (AND WE LOVE OUR HOWARD KENDALL)
HOWARD KENDALL (HOWARD KENDALL)
KEVIN SHEEDY (KEVIN SHEEDY)
ANDY GRAY (ANDY GRAY)
PETER REID (PETER REID)
PSYCHO PAT (PSYCHO PAT)
COS IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO PLAY FOR
AND IT'S A GRAND OLD TEAM TO SUPPORT
AND IF YOU KNOW YOUR HISTORY
IT'S ENOUGH TO MAKE YOUR HEART GO
WOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
WE DON'T CARE WHAT THE RED SHITE SAY
WHAT THE FUCK DO WE CARE?
COS WE ONLY KNOW IF THERE'S GONNA BE A SHOW
THEN THE EVERTON BOYS WILL BE THERE

:COOPZ:

Reminds me of the train journey home from the everton v northern ireland game,, good times chico!!

Last edited:

What the song you were all singing about "going to City twice" couldnt make out all the words a the match?

well i guess it means we shall play you at city in the league and then back again for the uefa cup final two visits (twice).

yaya.jpg

We might see Everton win a cup!

Everton women playing Arsenal women in their League Cup final tonight ;)

Benitez: Should he stay , or Should he go?

sfnliv127.jpg

I would like to open up here an interesting debate on our nearby foe. I am normally reluctant to discuss anything to do with Liverpool on Everton related material, as quite frankly they do not deserve special attention, but however this has me intrigued. News is that DIC are lining up a bid for Liverpool, which will see many of their fans no doubt delirious with not-thought-through joy, remember how they celebrated when the two cowboys took over. DIC have promised a complete overhaul of the club, investigating all areas. This could (and I imagine would) lead to the dismissal of Benitez. If the Americans stay in control, it might turn out that Benitez stays as not to upset the fans and have a revolt on their hands. Now – from an Everton point of view and wanted to usurp our rivals permanently, which would you prefer? A Liverpool managed by Benitez who, lets be honest, is never going to improve them in the league – or a Liverpool without Benitez? If Benitez was to leave, I imagine most of the Spanish contingent there would sooner or later leave also, leaving the club in disarray. It does however open the door for a decent manager to come in and turn around their league fortunes. I would choose to keep Benitez. As long as he is there spending money on rubbish (with the obvious exception) demoralising his players and whinging about the millions he needs, I can only see Moyes’ magic turning the Blues into the dominant force on Merseyside. The Liverpool fans I think are seriously misguided in their faith of their manager.

He should go, defo like, he does my head in with this rotation shit, its never worked and its taken him a couple of years to work that out, we need a manager from the british isles , wish we had martin o neil! some one like that, now its reported that hicks is defo not selling his stake and will halt gillette doing like wise , because both parties must agree to do it , so thats that then, didnt really care cause dic will probaly fuck up too.

To be honest its a really tricky one to call , had a feeling hicks would do that (put a stop on gillette) that was bound to happen , now your stuck with them , you might as well make the most of it and who knows it would get better with dic! If the club can put a good finish in for the season it will get better, at the end of the day its the football that counts , i aint into all that back room stuff, if liverpool had of performed and had a good season ie win the premiership (thats your goal right) then every thing would have been hunky dory and god bless our yankee doodles! But the team hasnt done what was intended and the yanks are scape goats , any way they are there for the long haul, signs of improvement recentley and things getting better, if all is right on the field no one will talk of the two yanks...:))

Every year when Liverpool are out of the title race before the turn of the year, the fans and players are heard talking of next season. Next season will be their year. Then next season comes along, they’re miles behind the leaders, and again they’re ready to claim next season will be the year they win the title. The capture of Fernando Torres was certain to seal the deal this year, but despite the young Spaniard’s great scoring record, Liverpool still find themselves 17 points behind the leaders.

With other teams in the top eight having stronger teams and getting better results, there is now only 6 points separating 4th and 8th in the league, meaning a couple of weekends worth of football could change everything around. Liverpool’s local rivals, Everton, seem firm favourites to scoop 4th spot, and thanks to new European rules, even a Champions League title couldn’t secure them football in the competition next season.

Last edited:

Everton Ladies Win The Cup!
:EASY: :DANCE: :beer:

EVERTON 1 ARSENAL 0

Congratulations to EVERTON Ladies as they won the league cup against the arsenal , a side unbeaten in nearly two years.....

107everton_468x605.jpg

amykanegoal_cup.jpg

amyjodie_cup1.jpg

winners_cup.jpg

359067349a4617879809l.jpg

opps , where did that come from :w00t:

everton_00.gif

Last edited:

ha , calm doon chico boy!

Made up his royl purpliness coming home to Páirc an Chrócaigh (croke park)
We gotta go mate , make it a day out, is jo up for it, sounds like cj and toni are too as is davey boy and moneeza cant wait!!:DANCE:

Well said mr reid : Spot on!

Players thrive on games at this stage of the season. The two in two out Moyes-Doctrine is working. Unlike the red-neighbours our team understands the tactical changes. Certain key players have been described as the "glue" of the team. That description is totally correct. But we are lucky - we have glue all over the pitch, so changing one or two things game to game (rather than an entire team) actually suits our game and makes us unpredictable to the opposition. Moyes should be applauded for putting such a flexible squad together. I applaud him every time I see him for the work he's done for our club.

Mark reid everton.com

defo unc i think she is tho she is not much of a fan she doesnt like music really just the odd cheesy stuff like westlife and take thon

Well another massive game today, after villa drawing yesterday and city dropping further , we could take a massive stride forward for champions league football, predict 3-0 win for everton and 1-0 win for bolton he he! off to work and comments on todays matches this evening!

coyb
I never felt more like singing the blues , when EVERTON win and liverpool lose , OH YEH! you got me singing the blues!!
:DANCE:

This is one AWFUL match! It's like watching a conference game with all the long balls being sprayed about by both teams! The ground is SILENT apart from the Pompey fans singing and the Everton fans applauding simple passes (why? pass a ball into space and the crowd think it's some kind of Zidane trick?). The last time Everton were on Sky, the crowd were silent too ...

efccopy-2.png

MOYES: OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE

efc__1204475361_Moyes.jpg

David Moyes has described the win over Portsmouth as 'an outstanding result'.
He hailed the way his players sprang from their sickbeds to fire his side back into the top four last night.And Moyes revealed that Tim Cahill and Andrew Johnson both had to have late fitness checks to ensure they could take part in a victory that ensured Everton remain unbeaten in the Premier League in 2008. The manager identified the 65th-minute introduction of Johnson as the turning point that allowed the home side to regain their superiority after Jermain Defoe had cancelled out Yakubu’s first-minute strike. It was Cahill who headed Everton back into the lead before Yakubu completed the scoring with his sixth in three games and 18th of the season.

Moyes said: “We’ve had some sickness about the place but one thing the players have is determination and a desire to play. Tim Cahill could only do light training yesterday and Andy Johnson hasn’t even trained since the last game. He had a fitness test at 2pm today but when he came on he had a big impact.

Everton returned to fourth place in the Premier League table just hours after Liverpool's win at Bolton courtesy of a 3-1 win over Pompey.

Two goals, one in each half, from Yakubu either side of a great Tim Cahill header sealed the victory for Everton.
Moyes was overjoyed with the win and the nature of the performance against a very talented Portsmouth side that boasts one of the best away records in the top flight.

Moyes said: "We were technically very good and we have been for most of the season and we are improving all the time. It was an outstanding result against a Portsmouth side that doesnt lose very often away.

"We got off to a fantastic start and then wasted three or four good opportunities and it came back to punish us.

"I thought it was a poor to concede and it is not the way it has been for us because the way the defenders have done in recent months has been terrific. It was a lapse in concentration."

Last edited:

was a great 2nd half performance, we passed exceptionaly well as a team and didnt use just one man (a la our kopite neighbours stevie g fc) was well impressed with the yak again and aj was great when he came, moyesy got it right tactically for once!!

COYB all we need to do is keep winning!!

MOYES PUTS FAITH IN HOLY TRINITY

He scored the first, helped create the second and finished it off with the third. Not a bad day's work in anyone's book. Not a bad season, in fact, for the confident striker spearheading Everton's increasingly impressive charge for a Champions League place.In nabbing his 17th and 18th goals of the campaign, Yakubu didn't just see off Portsmouth yesterday, he infused Goodison Park with genuine belief. With ten games to go, Everton can now seriously start contemplating holding off Liverpool for that fourth spot. And how good would that feel on the blue half of Merseyside?
“This has been a big week. We have beaten Manchester City and Portsmouth, and they are two teams who have been pushing us all the way. They all want a European place. Portsmouth are a good side and hard to beat, but we have realised that we can play against the best teams and cause them problems.

“Even with several players down with sickness this week and Mikel Arteta out injured, we have still been able to get a real positive result.”

Portsmouth manager Harry Redknapp took time out from his own disappointment to praise his former player Yakubu, who took his tally for the season to 18.

Redknapp said: “Yakubu played very well, but that is why I brought him to this country, he’s an excellent striker.

“But I didn’t sell him, that was done by people after I had left the club. When I came back to Portsmouth he was gone and I had been left with some strikers who were not fit to clean his boots.”

662424_bigportrait.jpg

TIM CAHILL defied sickness to make a crucial contribution to Everton’s victory over Portsmouth, which propelled his team back into the Champions League places.

The Australian restored the home side’s lead at Goodison Park after Yakubu’s header inside the opening minute had been cancelled out by Jermain Defoe’s equaliser just before the break.

But the dynamic midfielder was quick to praise Yakubu’s efforts, who went on to add Everton’s third. Cahill, who scored his 10th goal of the season, said: “We worked hard for Yak and he works hard for us. If you find the Yak, he’ll score. He’s brought a balance to the team. I think we’ve lacked that in the last couple of seasons. He’s on fire.”

DB089E0D-0DB7-972A-0B4BE63EB246E-1.jpg

Everton boss hails AJ impact

"It is an outstanding result for us," said the Goodison boss after a 3-1 win sent his side back into fourth place.

"We got off to a fantastic start but then wasted some chances.

"I thought Andrew Johnson made the difference when he came on.

"Pompey started the second half much better and we weren't hurting them so we needed to make the change. Andrew coming on worked for us today."

YAK_AJ.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom