Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

Give the guy a break lads, he just loves him team. :)

you have to laugh mr m, you know as well as i do that i usually get two or three hits on my thread per day from non evertonians..ive had 36 posts (not including my own) in two days since milanista tried to stir it up by saying fiorentina played their b team lol when nine players who beat juve played the game, most of these posts have been by reds, i stated my case! i told them they should be ashamed the way the slag and blame every one at their club from the boot boy to the yanks! they have slagged them all oh but they get a couple of wins together and now there all chums again, one word.....FICKLE

Last edited:

Would you rarther win the UEFA Cup this season or win no cups and finish 4th and still have to go trough a tricky qualifying round for the CL.

Bear in mind Liverpool COULD win the CL, i don't think we will, but it wouldn't suprise me, and you would have yet another round of qualifying.

Personally I've always thought the winners of the UEFA Cup should be allowed in the Champions League in the next season albeit as a low seed.

Stir what up? Fiorentina earned their result without Pazzini, Semioli, Liverani, Mutu and Santana. Pazzini and Santana came on when it was already a one way game and played for 30 minutes.

so they won without 3 players big deal Semioli, Liverani, Mutu .

we played without arteta johnston and anichebe, whats your point further more mate just to let you know (b) team is a term from the past.

Last edited:

Personally I've always thought the winners of the UEFA Cup should be allowed in the Champions League in the next season albeit as a low seed.

I've always thought this would be a good idea too. :)

What's that supposed to mean? Why is it a term of the past if Fiorentina didn't field their primary lineup? Should I call it depleted or under-level?

So a depleted Fiorentina comfortably defeated Everton.

Fiorentina were missing 5 key players almost all game where Everton missed only Arteta and Johnson, who still didnt do anything when they came on.

Blue, I think our main gripe comes down to you being so cocky about thinking you'll beat Fiorentina so easily. I said I thought we'd beat West Ham and Plan M told me to pay a bit more respect, and you agreed. All I said was beat them. Now you say you'll not only beat them but also put 3-4 passed them. Considering where West Ham are compared to us, it's a fair comment to say I expected us to beat them.

Considering how Fiorentina played against you, and where they are in the league, why hasn't Plan M said to you to be more respectful? And why do you think I was being disrespectful saying we should beat a team a fair few places below us but it's fine for you to say you'll comfortably beat a team in the equivalent position in one of Europe's top leagues? Slightly contradictive?

Taking a pounding unc! Let me clear a few things up:

(a) Given that we had won all of our previous ties in the uefa cup, we had a right to think we could take on Fiorentina. Ok we may have under estimated or we may have had a lack of konwledge on them, cos lets face it even tho the i tie football is on, who really watches it, apart from the big derbys?

(b) we have a glorious history steeped in tradition and we have a great team this term playing some of the best football this modern day era everton fan has seen.

(c) fior may have played without a few top names but they still came of the bench, likewise everton started without the likes of arteta, vic, aj and fernandes so to say it was there reserve team that played is really quite laughable and it is all on here who should realise its not all about 11 players its about having a good team.

Ill be the first to admit i dont really know much about fior and playing pro evo didnt help cos i chinned them every time with everton hahahaha, but honestly i under estimated them and i hold my hands up.

but we made them look better than they are because if the everton team that has played so well in every game previous had turned up i honestly believe we would have at least got a score draw from the match.

I thank you for your time!!!!!!!!

3-0 at goodison, fiorentina are shit etc............!!!!!!!!

COYB!!!!!!!!!!

PS: As for fourth spot etc and all the bs you reds spout, all i can say is bring on the derby and lets see who wants it more.

steady on.

anyway i really hope this is not our blip, as they say the big 4 have one once a season.

vital that we beat funderland tomo.

hope so too! well we need to because dare i say it , liverpool look like they have got a second wind and i didnt feel a threat from them all season ,until now,still a three horse race for 4th spot with villa included in that,think we killed of man citys hopes as they have lost again!
tim howard is predicting an everton backlash today on everton.com as the lads are very annoyed with the no-show in florence the other night, but sunderland are dogged in a relegation battle two points of the drop zone so it wont be as easy as last time certainley not 7-1 :coolpink:
so heres to getting back on track again another three points and to get ready for wednesday night at home to fiorentina , arteta claiming he is fully fit now after missing three games .
TODAY SHOULD BE TIGHT, hope to scrape away win.
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM.

Good win today lads! Sunderland is a tough place to go. :)

Good win today lads! Sunderland is a tough place to go. :)

indeed as it proved not many gone there and won this season, a few injuries picked up though ahead of wed nights game at home to fiorentina , osman pienarr and cahill all limped off, waiting for some news on that, level on points with the reds again, the mersey derby is going to be amazing in a couple of weeks time..

Johnson sees off Black Cats

Sunderlandeverton_712366.jpg

Everton boosted their bid to finish fourth with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Sunderland after a tight affair at the Stadium of Light.

Andy Johnson's second-half goal proved to be enough to give David Moyes' men all three points.

Johnson scored the only goal of the game on 55 minutes when he appeared to divert Mikel Arteta's cross into the net off his shoulder.

The win moves Everton level on points with Liverpool as the race to finish fourth hots up, while Sunderland remain in 16th spot.

Phil Jagielka forced Craig Gordon into the first save of the match in the 16th minute but his header looped softly to the Scot.

There were appeals from the crowd for a home penalty when Anthony Stokes' cross from the right was blocked by a jumping Joleon Lescott, but there were no obvious signs of handball.

Kenwyne Jones then pressured Tim Howard under a high ball but his presence was little more than nuisance value as clear opportunities remained thin on the ground.

That enthusiasm bubbled over soon after, Phil Bardsley fouling Arteta on the left. More worryingly, though, was what appeared to be a kick aimed at the floored Spaniard by the incoming Stokes.

Tim Cahill then had the chance to send the visitors in ahead but failed to beat Stokes on the line.

Johnson won the loose ball but will have been disappointed not to find the net with a header that sailed over the crossbar.

It looked like it would take a piece of luck to make something happen and it came when Arteta sent a searching cross into the Sunderland penalty area, with Johnson lurking.

Opener
At least three bodies surged towards the centre but it looked as though the final touch came from the former Crystal Palace striker's shoulder and the ball sailed over Gordon and into the net.

Johnson had another chance when he created space 10 yards out from Arteta's delivery but Nyron Nosworthy's last-ditch tackle smothered his shot.

Keane used his final substitute in the 75th minute, striker Rade Prica joining Michael Chopra and Andy Reid in coming from the bench.

But despite the increased attacking options, Sunderland could find no way past Everton, Chopra seeing his first shot blocked by a defender.

Chances did materialise, Jones working tirelessly to turn scraps into attempts on goal but Howard did a good job in dealing with the supply line.

There was nearly late drama when Reid produced a sterling free-kick in stoppage-time but Howard again excelled, tipping over to end the resistance.

t-2.jpg

_44479782_aj_pa416.jpg

Last edited:

nice post there chico, your night classes workin wonders!!!ha \\:o/

Last edited:

:EASY:EVERTON unbeaten in premier league in 2008:EASY:

yak2.jpg

Middlesbrough Tue 1st 15:00 A 2:0

Man City Sat 12th 15:00 H 1:0

Wigan Sun 20th 13:30 A 2:1

Tottenham Wed 30th 20:00 H 0:0

Blackburn Sat 2nd 15:00 A 0:0

Reading Sat 9th 15:00 H 1:0

Man City Mon 25th 20:00 A 2:0

Portsmouth Sun 2nd 16:00 H 3:1

Sunderland Sun 9th 15:00 A 1:0

still unbeaten in the premier league in 2008

7 wins
2 draws = 23 points out of poss 27 points in last nine games.

ARTETA: I'M PAIN-FREE

ARTETA-2.jpg

Mikel Arteta has revealed that he was able to perform pain-free at Sunderland.

The Spaniard had been plaing through the pain barrier since last year, and had to miss games against Portsmouth, Manchester City and SK Brann recently.

But in an exclusive interview with evertonTV, the midfielder was delighted to report that he had suffered no problems with the previously troublesome groin.

Arteta said: "I haven’t played without pain for a long time and today was the first time.

"On Thursday (when he came on as a sub against Fiorentina) I felt much better, so hopefully I can finish the season strongly as I want to help my team as much as I can."

Thank god for that because we need to perform to his best on wednesday night ...coyb...:EASY:

Gonna be tough on weds lets see how much we want it, come on moyesy, 2 up front from the start:

Barring injuries (which we await to hear on) Id go for:

--------------Howard--------------

neville-----yobo----jags----lescott

------------carsley----------------

arteta------fernandes--------pienarr

----------aj---------yak------------

Gonna be tough on weds lets see how much we want it, come on moyesy, 2 up front from the start:

Barring injuries (which we await to hear on) Id go for:

--------------Howard--------------

neville-----yobo----jags----lescott

------------carsley----------------

arteta------fernandes--------pienarr

----------aj---------yak------------

yeh looks good mate, but id miss Cahill yoo much , i think its essential he plays, fernandes looking quiet since his return.

CAHILL'S 100 UP

2-3.jpg

Tim Cahill has played in 100 Premier League games for Everton.

In featuring against Sunderland, the Australian achieved his century of top flight appearances.

But typically for Cahill, he had no idea of the milestone.

"It’s gone quickly. I didn’t even know, but it’s been a privilege and an honour to play for a club like this and to get a hundredth start - I’m buzzing, because it’s a great place to be playing and long may it continue.

bn.jpg

"When I very first came here, I said it was a dream come true and that was the truth. I had the opportunity to go somewhere else, but once I had spoken to the Chairman and the gaffer I was buzzing and to be in a training ground atmosphere and to be with these lads, I could really see myself playing here."
Cahill revealed the influences of a host of Everton players past and present who have made his time on Merseyside so memorable.

"Through the years I’ve grown and helped to produce, with the squad, game winning performances with some big players," he said, "Players like Duncan Ferguson, Alan Stubbs, Lee Carsley, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert – real players who are passionate about their football club. Along the way I've been meeting players like Mikel Arteta and the list is never ending.

"The gaffer has added players which add stability and strength to the team, so I couldn’t be at a better club – we’ve all grown together.

"I spoke to Watto (Steve Watson) the other night, I still speak with Davie Weir and Gary Naysmith.

"When I first came here I didn’t realise what it was to come to Everton and to wear the badge...and then Duncan Ferguson took me under his wing and Alan Stubbs did as well, and they showed me the way.

I didn’t realise what it was to come to Everton and to wear the badge...and then Duncan Ferguson took me under his wing "Work hard and train hard and believe in the badge and you’ll always do really well."

mikelani.jpg

Last edited:

FIORENTINA : A sell-out..

kirk_lab.jpg

Everton's crunch clash with Fiorentina is SOLD OUT.

The Blues have it all to do at Goodison on Wednesday, and they will have the backing of a capacity crowd.

Looking to overcome a 2-0 deficit from the first leg in Italy, Everton will need to produce a European display of the highest order if they are to progress to the next round of the Uefa Cup.

The supporters have such a role to playAnd the players need all those supporters attending the game to play their part.

Blues midfielder Tim Cahill told evertonfc.com: "The supporters have such a role to play. The Everton faithful always stands by the lads and the main thing is that we want to succeed together because we all want to see the club do well.

359067349a3079507189b990485550l.jpg

Last edited:

WE STAND TOGETHER: MOYES SLAMS ITALIAN FOOTBALL

5-1.jpg

David Moyes has warned Fiorentina that Everton will stand together with their supporters as they bid to make amends for the events of the first-leg.

The Blues suffered a frustrating 2-0 defeat in the opening leg of the Round of 16 Uefa Cup tie with the Serie A giants.

And Everton's strong contingent of travelling supporters also endured a disappointing night, with the facilities in the stadium and the conditions on the night.

It made for an inhospitable evening in the Italian city. Moyes now wants to ensure his players, and the backing of the crowd, ensure Goodison Park is a cauldron for a return leg Everton need to win by three goals to guarantee a place in the last eight.

Moyes said: "I think in all the games that we’ve been in in Europe, the supporters have been terrific. I think in the main they’ve been treated very well.

"I was disappointed, but maybe that’s Italian football now, the way they treat away supporters - they pen them in a fence in the corner.

"To be fair it’s hardly worth paying the money if that’s what you’re going to be put in and maybe that’s why we’re seeing so many empty stadiums for the big teams in Italy at the moment, maybe the way they’re looking after the supporters isn’t enough. And I thought that our supporters were treated quite shabbily and hopefully that will give them something to shout about.

"That is a motivation for us because the supporters are part of our team - we stand together.

"If our supporters play the same role as the supporters of Fiorentina did then that will be great, because they influenced lots of things in the game and they played a big part so I think that the people of Goodison know what I’m talking about and they don’t need me to remind them."

DB089E0D-0DB7-972A-0B4BE63EB246E49D.jpg

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......Moyes attacks italian football!

EDIT: Cahill for fernandes, He is passed fit I see, good stuff.

COYB!!!!!

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW

great stuff chico, ahhh the memories eh, forgot the legend that is duncan ferguson!!!
Full house tonight we have to get an early goal to send the crowd wild, if we dont it will be tense, just like what happened in the cup semi-final wi chelski! everton to win 3-0 on the night....coyb..

nucopy.jpg

Last edited:

news-1.jpg

JoleonLescott_624614.jpg

Joleon Lescott has become the latest of Everton's young guns to pledge his long term future to the club.

everton can exclusively reveal that the England international defender has agreed a new contract which will keep him at Goodison Park until the summer of 2012.

"This is really terrific news for everyone connected with the club," said manager David Moyes.

"This continues our policy of securing - on long term deals - those players who not only represent Everton's present but also its future. Since joining us Joleon has more than proved his worth and the fact he is not only happy at Goodison Park but also willing to commit his future to Everton shows that we are most definitely moving in the right direction."

Chairman Bill Kenwright was similarly delighted after concluding negotiations with Lescott.

He said: "We have worked really hard over the past 12 months or so to secure the futures of our brightest and most gifted young players - men like Joleon, Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Andy Johnson, Leon Osman and Tony Hibbert.

"Joleon is absolutely delighted to haver agreed this new deal. I am delighted for him and also for our supporters who have really taken him to their hearts since his arrival from Wolves."

Lescott, who was signed from Wolves for an undisclosed fee in the summer of 2006, has played 86 competitive matches for the Toffees and established himself as one of the Premier League's best defenders - both at centre-back and left-back.

His form for Everton has also seen him pick up international honours since his arrival at Goodison, having now earned four caps for England and being named in Fabio Capello's first squad earlier this year.

The Birmingham-born defender is now 25, with his new deal ensuring he will spend the most influential years of his career at Everton.

He has netted eight goals for Everton so far this term.

jag.jpg

PHIL JAGIELKA insists being released by Everton as a kid has made him the top player he is today.

The Toffees defender will need to be at his best tonight if his side are to beat the odds and see off Fiorentina.

David Moyes’ men face a massive task to overturn a 2-0 first-leg deficit in their UEFA Cup last-16 tie at Goodison Park.

But Jagielka, 25, believes he is up to the competitive challenge.

Everton let him go when he was 15 only to return to the club from Sheffield United last summer for £4million — but he is glad he got the chance to learn the game the hard way.

Jags explained: “If I’d have stayed at Everton, I might not be in football now.

“People who were seen to be better than me at the time are playing in lower leagues — or not in the game at all.

“So it’s fantastic I went to Sheffield and got my chance.

“When I went there on trial I soon realised it was a little bit harder. There were no shin-pads and people were smashing you.

“I was thinking ‘What’s going on here?’ But it made me mature. I left school, left home, went to live in Sheffield and grew up.

“I think the fact I made it the hard way shows. And, after a sticky start, I couldn’t have asked for a better first season with Everton.

“I’ve had a nice run in the side and feel settled. That is helping me play my best football.”

Jagielka knows Everton cannot afford to throw everything at their Italian visitors from the first whistle tonight.

He added: “If we go gung-ho and give them opportunities the tie will be harder to win than it is already, especially when they’ve got players with the quality of Christian Vieri.

“We can’t afford to go 1-0 down — if we do it’s going to make the night almost impossible.

“We need at least two goals but can’t put ourselves in jeopardy by conceding an early one. If it’s 0-0 at half-time or after 60 minutes we’re still in the game. So I expect people to come here and believe, as we do, that we can overturn this 2-0 deficit.

“We were taught a bit of a lesson out in Florence last week.

“I hope, come Thursday morning, I’m looking forward to the UEFA Cup quarter-final draw and thinking about what a massive learning curve that was, knocking out Fiorentina.”

EVERTON (likely): Howard, Neville, Jagielka, Lescott, Baines, Arteta, Carsley, Cahill, Pienaar, Johnson, Yakubu.

TV: ITV4, 7.45pm.

Back
Top Bottom