Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

Blue4life worry mostly about your uefa cup match against SK Brann and your premiership match against Villa... let the Liverpool fans worry about their champs league match...... at least they in the champs league when was the last time Everton were in champs league... looking at that in Europe there is only one Scouse team and that's Liverpool...

dont think we need to worry about brann do you ;)
why do you keep going on about the aston villa game for its not until april 26th ffs , our next game is away to city 25th of this month.

my bad thought your next game was against Aston Villa.... Man C are high after winning their derby after quite a while... best of luck for that one too....

dont think we need to worry about brann do you ;)
why do you keep going on about the aston villa game for its not until april 26th ffs , our next game is away to city 25th of this month.

i was gonna say the same, i am more worried about the mancs that aston vanilla.

Team: Liverpool + Borussia M

hardly in a position to slag me for supporting everton being from ireland im closer than you are hahaha, and being english and supporting a german team, tut tut.

oh dear..

Borussia Monchengladback are my Master League team. And they are also a club with a big friendship with Liverpool.

i reckon if we score the first goal the heads will drop and we could hit hit 4 or 5 at home....cahill has been a little quiet of late, moysie needs to get him up front again...

This interesting thread also illustrates why Everton, although currently having a great team, is not ready to be a really big club.
This thread is more about Liverpool than about Everton.
Never mind Liverpool, concentrate yourself on your own team...i guess some Everton fans would rahter end 8th before Liverpool than second after Liverpool...

To the Liverpool fans who are bragging about the CL win, sorry IMHO opinion that was a rather lucky win (i'm talking about that fantastic, beautiful final, you lot can replay that final 100 times Milan will always win it, but granted you won the one that mattered and all the rest is bullshit).
Now i'm convinced that it's easier to win the CL than a league competition (no matter if it's the Premiership). With the current squad and coaching staff Liverpool will never win thePremiership (or La Liga or Serie A or Ligue 1 in France...).

A neutral who likes both teams but at the moment hopes that Everton can play in the CL...they hace such a great team and the best coach of the Premiership...

In the 70's and the eighties Liverpool had the best ever English team(s). They were always among the favourites for ECI and they won it because they simply dominated their opponents. Rafa Benitez' Liverpool is a great team because itcan adjust itself to better teams like Milan, Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea (yes), Arsenal, Man Utd, etc... if you want to win a league adjusting one's game is not enough. You simply must be the better team. This current Liverpool team is miles behinfd the big three and Everton is coming pretty close. IMHO opinion th Premiership has changed this season. You have the big three, then you have the clubs who fallen outof the big four (Liverpool) or are treatening to become part of the big four (Everton but also Man City, Villa, Pompey and in the long term maybe Spurs - but not all these club will make it, maybe none of it), then there are the reelegation battlers and "the rest"...

Last edited:

Agree with everything you said. We are not even close to the Big 3 when it comes to quality. But surely, even another final appearance, after defeating Barcelona counts for something as well? And a final which we deserved to win?

Yes that counts for something, but the fact that you defeated Barcelona was due to the fact that you lot adjusted marvelouslly once again...it's very disciplined and intelligent but in the long term it's not enough.

I agree it's not good enough, and we still need 4-5 quality players to be challenging for the title. I personally think Rafa has overachieved with this squad, and I am hoping that the youth that he is investing in pays off in the long run.

But then again, when Arsenal finished behind us last 2 seasons, with Spurs right behind them, I don't remember anyone saying, it's Big 3 and Arsenal are not in it?

This interesting thread also illustrates why Everton, although currently having a great team, is not ready to be a really big club.
This thread is more about Liverpool than about Everton.
Never mind Liverpool, concentrate yourself on your own team...i guess some Everton fans would rahter end 8th before Liverpool than second after Liverpool...

To the Liverpool fans who are bragging about the CL win, sorry IMHO opinion that was a rather lucky win (i'm talking about that fantastic, beautiful final, you lot can replay that final 100 times Milan will always win it, but granted you won the one that mattered and all the rest is bullshit).
Now i'm convinced that it's easier to win the CL than a league competition (no matter if it's the Premiership). With the current squad and coaching staff Liverpool will never win thePremiership (or La Liga or Serie A or Ligue 1 in France...).

A neutral who likes both teams but at the moment hopes that Everton can play in the CL...they hace such a great team and the best coach of the Premiership...

In the 70's and the eighties Liverpool had the best ever English team(s). They were always among the favourites for ECI and they won it because they simply dominated their opponents. Rafa Benitez' Liverpool is a great team because itcan adjust itself to better teams like Milan, Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea (yes), Arsenal, Man Utd, etc... if you want to win a league adjusting one's game is not enough. You simply must be the better team. This current Liverpool team is miles behinfd the big three and Everton is coming pretty close. IMHO opinion th Premiership has changed this season. You have the big three, then you have the clubs who fallen outof the big four (Liverpool) or are treatening to become part of the big four (Everton but also Man City, Villa, Pompey and in the long term maybe Spurs - but not all these club will make it, maybe none of it), then there are the reelegation battlers and "the rest"...

This is the best post I've ever read on Evo-Web. You really do know your football Gerd :)

Agree with everything you said. We are not even close to the Big 3 when it comes to quality. But surely, even another final appearance, after defeating Barcelona counts for something as well? And a final which we deserved to win?

Abhishek, if we brought in 2 top class players we'd be pretty darm awesome in my opinion. We are not miles behind. Our finances are however.

Not 2, about 4 :)

Just imagine, having a David Villa where Kuyt was, and a Dani Alves where Finnan was (he was awesome today though), and this could have well been a thrashing. Anyways, today, we've shown why we are a BIG club.

Ideally I think we need 4, yes, and to bring though Nemeth and Insua.

But 2 top quality wingers would really take our game to another level.

mannycopy-2.png

Manuel Fernandes

Last edited:

Chairman will back moyes

David_Moyes__Everto_201727s.jpg

It is approaching six years since David Moyes coined the phrase, 'The People's Club'.

When Moyes was appointed Everton manager in March 2002, his description of his new club captured plenty of attention.

And, as the Everton manager explained, the phrase is just as applicable now as it was when first spoken.

Moyes said in the foreword to a new book named after the mantra: “I must hear that phrase 20 times every day, and it still rings true now as much as it did when I first uttered it in March 2002."

“But I honestly had no idea quite how much people would relate to it.

“It has been suggested to me since that I was put up to using the words ‘People’s Club’ at my introductory press conference – that some kind of Everton spin doctor suggested it might be a good idea to get the fans onside right from the off.

Everton chairman Bill Kenwright will continue to back David Moyes in the transfer market.

Kenwright has always been behind Moyes, with the Toffees breaking their transfer record three times in the last four years.

Moyes and his squad are targetting a return to the Champions League, a prospect that is tantalising the chairman.

"Of course, that is where we all want to be, playing the big clubs," said Kenwright. "If David gets us into the Champions League I will be crying tears of joy.

"And at the back of my head I'll be thinking money, money - millions. Why? To give it to David to spend.

"We haven't got the same resources. Spurs spent £16million in just one day last month.

"What we've always done, and David would be the first to say this, is try to give him what he wants each close season - by pulling at least one rabbit out of the hat."

@ Abhishek: I think Finnan had a good game along with Kuyt. Kuyt really is a workhorse always working hard.. no matter what...

This is the best post I've ever read on Evo-Web. You really do know your football Gerd :)

Thank you.
I like football but i'm not sure that that i'm much of an expert.
However, i seems to be capable of the best and the worst because in the thread about Ronaldo's injury some very responsable and highly esteemed member of this community was convinced that i posted the most ridiculous (or something along the line) post ever on this forum.

This illustrates why i always liked Plan M, in the end he is a very positive person. It is normal to exagerate on forums, but if you do do it in a positive sense and not in a negative sense...At times Plan M is considered a problem and the other one is a moderator on this forum...values turned upside down. At the moment i'm in a good mood and i can see the irony of it all...so let's use the miracle solution to soften every blow: :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

PS: only FD should have the right to use these smileys...i'm sorry Frank...but for once i thought it was appropriate.

FAR too much lovin' going on between Plan M and Gerd here, when are you going to put a Plan M quote in your sig Gerd? :-k

;)

I have been reading Gerd's posts and enjoying them since I joined in 2003 Dags. We are the "old skool." :)

delta , your just plain wierd...take your chelsea ass outta here...:tumble:

Back
Top Bottom