Everton Thread

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

CAHILL 13 GOALS IN 28 APP FOR AUSSIE,

socceroos7gallery600x37ej8.jpg

Tim Cahill was on the scoresheet as Australia comfortably beat Qatar on Wednesday.

Cahill scored Australia's second goal in their 3-0 win after 17 minutes, with Josh Kennedy of Gernam side Karlsruher having given the Socceroos the lead just 10 minutes into the Melbourne encounter.

The Everton man produced a trademark header in the 18th minute which represented his 13th goal in just 28 international appearances.

And after scoring he unleashed his usual corner flag celebration to the delight of a packed Telstra Dome stadium.

Last edited:

Cahill is brilliant. As is Arteta.

One question though: Does Moyes prefer bald men to play for Everton? There's loads!

Not to worry heard it was a family thing! moyes says he needs rested for a week any way , agreed 3 or 4 nil the mara, and the shite to get chinned on sunday = a perfect weekend...again :D

Q: What's is the differance between Pamela Anderson and the Liverpool goal?

A: Pam's only got two tits in front of her

everton v reading

well second half under way and as i thought reading parking the bus in front of their goal , never the less we should find a way through, high light so far has been a nasty high tackle from carsley on hunt, hate these high tackles....and with arteta starting to rip them apart!

edit thanks jagielka, well taken header!!

Last edited:

Respect to reading the gave there all, class told in the end as it usually does...4th spot cememted now and expect the gap between fourth and fith to get larger week by week , off to work now happy as larry!!! ;)

In Moyes We Trust!

Respect to reading the gave there all, class told in the end as it usually does...4th spot cememted now and expect the gap between fourth and fith to get larger week by week , off to work now happy as larry!!! ;)

In Moyes We Trust!

Yawn. get the bus top tour ready.

I think antred merely commented up Blue4Life's statement that 4th spot is cemented, and they will run away with it. We all know Everton are doing well, especially considering how less they've spend (but then again, Arsenal have spent nothing compared to ManU, and are on top)

I'll keep saying it, Everton should be further away from us considering how poor we've been lately. But you're not. This could be key, you have to stay on an unbeaten run.

Last edited:

I do agree with Peter here. You lot were robbed last week though.

I'll keep saying it, Everton should be further away from us considering how poor we've been lately. But you're not. This could be key, you have to stay on an unbeaten run.

LIsten pete i know were unbeaten in 2008 but we are not exactly firing on all cylinders either , lots of players away at the african nations not to mention injury.

I do agree with Peter here. You lot were robbed last week though.

disgraceful to have two points robbed from you that way! i dont expect it to make a difference, i do worry about aston villa though.

Well our next game is going to be huge now, when we win ;) we will be level on point with it all to play but looking at the remaing fixtures conservativly i think we have got to be in the driving seat!

Its gonna be tight mack , to be honest you aint what you were at the start of the season , we have been very consistent , we beat you last month 1-0 remember! dont get carried away with beating united yesterday mate " they didnt turn up" im worried about aston villa no-one else.

Yeah but as i said if we beat you at home in the next games it will have wiped your win out, and to be honest we were very out of sorts that day ourselves against you, its going to be exciting!

YAKITY YAK , GUESS WHO`S BACK?

yak-1.jpg

Tim Howard insists there is no problem in the Everton squad following Yakubu’s late return from African Cup of Nations duty.

The Nigerian powerhouse arrived back on Merseyside two days later than expected, earning him a reported £80,000 fine and the axe from the weekend win against Reading.

This is a big week for Everton though as they embark on the knock-out phase of the Uefa Cup, and Howard assured Toffees fans dressing room harmony has been restored.

“We love Yak,” Howard said in The Daily Express. “He has been a hugely positive influence on us, not just with the amount of goals he has scored but in the dressing room as well.

“Yes these things happen, but it has been dealt with and the manager has taken care of that. Now we all get on with it.

“Yak has spoken to us and the sooner we get past it, the better."

Yakubu’s presence for the first leg clash with SK Brann on Wednesday means James Vaughan is likely to drop down the pecking order, and manager David Moyes warned The Premier League’s youngest goalscorer he needs to keep improving to get in the side.

champs.jpg

“We have said to James Vaughan and Victor Anichebe that the standard is stepping up here and you have to step up with it,” explained Moyes.

"Both of them have to do that because the club is changing. It is a balancing act for me and it can be difficult.

“What James has is that infectious attitude, enthusiasm, aggression and now we need to teach him a bit more about the game. If we do that, then he has a good future.”

One man whose future is less clear is Nuno Valente, but he insists he wants to stay at Goodison Park despite the fact he is yet to receive a new contract.

“My dream is to play with Everton in the Champions League.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN SPEAKS OUT

neville27_468x302.jpg

Conspiracy theory over Everton spot denials

IT is a question to which there seems to be no answer and has left everyone at Finch Farm puzzled: What must Everton do to win a penalty?

Stopping short of a player being mown down by machine gun fire or flattened by a steamroller, is it any wonder that many Blues are feeling that the days of them being awarded spot-kicks are long gone?

Things were bad enough last season when referees’ chief Keith Hackett admitted that, after seeing a video dossier compiled by David Moyes, Everton were wrongly denied penalties on at least eight occasions – and another package is sure to be on its way soon.

Only Alan Wiley knows why he allowed Zurab Khizanishvili away with the hip high challenge – some have described it as an assault – on Andrew Johnson, but replays have shown that he got it spectacularly wrong.

No consolation, of course. And all that has done is get everyone thinking, rightly or wrongly, that there is a conspiracy to stop the nauseatingly referred to ‘Big Four’ being broken up.

Sour grapes? Not so. Ask yourself how many times Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United have been on the end of a howler this year? Other than the ridiculous penalty Rob Styles awarded Chelsea at Anfield last August, where have Liverpool been wronged?

Not so long ago, you were able to say that decisions evened themselves out during a season, but not any more. How can the Premier League say it is the best in the world when its officials are so bad?

NEV'S FANTASTIC JOURNEY

Phil Neville has spoken of the unbelievable Uefa Cup journey so far.

Next stop is Norway to face SK Brann in the first leg of round 32 on Wednesday evening.

And the Blues skipper wants the adventure to continue all the way to the final on May 14 at the City of Manchester Stadium.

“I think it has been an unbelievable journey so far and we do not want it to end,” he explained.

“Our supporters have been absolutely magnificent and they have added to the excitement.

“Some people might try and make the Uefa Cup out to be a drab and dreary competition but that’s nonsense if you look at the backing we have had.

“We’ve sold out every game at home and had tremendous backing away. These are the journeys that you want to be involved in as a footballer and all the lads feel the same.”

The atmosphere created by the thousands of Evertonians outside the team hotel ahead of the clash with Nurnberg in Germany is something Neville will never forget.

“We all think back to what happened outside our hotel in Nurnberg and it was just incredible,” confessed the England international.

“I have never experienced anything like that before in my career. It was so inspiring and a night that hammered home we were playing for one of the top clubs in the business.

“Imagine if we got to the final? So let’s just go for it.”

Last edited:

So another european night to add to many next year. cant wait to see the majestic everton fc against sk brahnn tomorrow night , only downside is s. piennar and arteta are both injured so did not travel but welcome back to yak and nice to see andy van der meyde also on the plane...good luck you blue boys :applause:

IN MOYES WE TRUST...NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM..

As an outsider i have much sympathy for Everton.
Jagielka was outstanding against Reading, he turns out to be a big asset for Everton IMHO (and off-topic: Reading deserve to stay up...).

A question; what about Andy Vander Meyde...he's still at Everton i think, but he rarely plays...is he injured or just not good enough...

0D6847CB-D2BB-38A1-159CFFD5C01E4D4D.jpg

The Blues flew out to Norway this morning for the first leg of their last 32 clash with SK Brann Bergen looking to register a sixth consecutive win in the competition and set up a date next month with either Rosenborg or Fiorentina in the last 16.

Neville recalls the night in Nuremberg when thousands of Evertonians sang for two hours outside the team hotel and he is daring to dream about the backing they would receive if they manage to reach the City of Manchester Stadium on May 14.

“I think it has been an unbelievable journey so far and we do not want it to end,” said the skipper.

“Our supporters have been absolutely magnificent and they have added to the excitement.

“Some people might try and make the UEFA Cup out to be a drab and dreary competition but that’s nonsense if you look at the backing we have had.

“We’ve sold out every game at home and had tremendous backing away.

“These are the journeys that you want to be involved in as a footballer and all the lads feel the same. We all think back to what happened outside our hotel in Nuremberg and it was just incredible.

“I have never experienced anything like that before in my career. It was so inspiring and a night that hammered home we were playing for one of the top clubs in the business.

“Imagine if we got to the final? So let’s just go for it.”

The Norwegian league does not start again until late next month but Neville is not taking progress for granted and knows that Brann will present Everton – who have a number of fitness concerns to key players, including Mikel Arteta – with a difficult test.

“When we were playing in Europe before Christmas, it coincided with our best run of form and brought us great confidence so hopefully the same will happen again,” he said.

“There is pressure on us but it is the kind of pressure that everyone has been striving for since I first came to the club and we are all determined to enjoy it.

“But we know that we have got to keep our focus.

“They are going to be fit, organised and difficult to break down and you only have to look how well Rosenborg played against Chelsea earlier this season to see that Norwegian football is of good quality.

“What we need to do is keep our concentration, keep it tight and make sure that we are still in the game when we get back to Goodison.

“We also have got to score a goal, as 0-0 is the worst you can get playing away in Europe.”

some funnies

40,000 Liverpool fans meet at Analfield for a 'Liverpool fans Are Not Stupid' convention.
Rafa addresses the crowd: 'We are all here today to prove to the world that Liverpool fans are not stupid. Can I have a volunteer please?' Steven Gerrard gingerly works his way through the crowd and steps up to the stage.
Rafa asks him 'What is 15 plus 15?'
After 15 or 20 seconds Stevie G says: 'Eighteen!'
Obviously everyone is a little disappointed.
Then the Liverpool fans start chanting: 'Give him another chance! Give him another chance!'
Rafa says 'Well since we have a capacity crowd here, world-wide press and global broadcast media here, I think we can give him another chance?'
So he asks: 'What is 5 plus 5?'
After nearly 30 seconds Gerrard eventually says: 'Ninety?'
Rafa looks down and just lets out a dejected sigh. Everyone is disheartened and Gerrard starts crying.
But then the 40,000 Liverpool fans begin to yell and wave their hands shouting: 'GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE!'
Rafa, unsure whether he is now doing more harm than good eventually says: 'What is 2 plus 2?'
Silence hangs over the decrepit old stadium.
Gerrard closes his eyes, and after a whole minute eventually says, 'Four?'
Pandemonium breaks out throughout the stadium as the Anfield crowd stand to a man, wave their arms, stomp their feet and scream:
'GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE! GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE

echo.jpg

Everton-in-Milan1.jpg

google.jpg

Back
Top Bottom