Everton Thread

Re: An Everton View.

0-0 not a bad result was not a great match, spurs on the up so im happy enough and at least the redshite beat hahahahaha love it.

Yes a good result all in all considering what this spurs team did too arsenal last week , looking good and cant see us letting go of 4th place now , rash statement? ....YES!

efc__1183736428_breaking-350x180-2.jpg

STUBBS JOINS DERBY

Alan Stubbs has left Everton to join Derby County.

The veteran centre-half has swapped Goodison for Pride Park on a free transfer after 193 appearances spanning two spells.

Stubbs signed a one-year deal last summer but he has found first-team opportunities hard to come by this season and has only figured 13 times.

The Kirkby-born defender first joined Everton in 2001 from Glasgow Celtic but left four years later to join Sunderland.

However, he failed to settle in the North-East and returned to Merseyside in January 2006.

A hugely popular figure in the dressing room, Stubbs recently branched out into the coaching side of things at Everton and was a regular figure in the dug-out during Everton reserve fixtures.

The 36-year old has signed an 18-months deal at Derby and his new manager, Paul Jewell, is delighted to have him on board.

"It's a terrific capture for us," he said. "Stubbsy is a first-class pro and is someone who has been there and done it. He is very much in contention for a place in the team on Saturday."

......gutted i loved old one ball....:D

Last edited:
Re: An Everton View. "BREAKING NEWS" NOW

sad to see him go too, he'll be back in some capacity at end of his career tho,once he keeps derby up hahaha, no credit on the cellphone unc btw.

what ya think of gardner? class player if fit, unfortunately its a very big IF. only time will tell eh

Re: An Everton View. "BREAKING NEWS" NOW

captainscopy.jpg

I was seven year`s old...and had just moved house from the 70`s slum that was belfast, wrecked by decades of bitter sectarian violence, My mum had decided to get us out of there and we moved to antrim town only 17 miles outside the city but i was like another world.
The year was 1976...All the young lads played football here on grass , i hadnt seen to much of the green stuff! What with living in the concrete jungle. So soon i had became very fond of the old game and so began the love story of my life. One morning my eldest sister maria had asked if i wanted a football kit with the money i had saved up , she was to go into Belfast later in the day to do some shopping so i said "yes please" and left it at that "Brian" she said "what team do you want"? well i didnt have a clue and just asked for a blue and white kit. Some hours later maria arrived home , i can still feel the excitement! then she handed over the bag , i opened it eagerly and there it was in all its glory, "what team is it"? i asked, "its everton silly" she replied , well , i had heard of them on the t.v. and stuff. It was the kit with the umbro design down the sleeves like in the picture below....

1478.gif

worn by my hero BOB LATCHFORD.

So you see an innocent boy with an innocent reason for becoming an Evertonian, i didnt have a father figure as dad was left behind in Belfast (long story) Nor did i have any brothers , so in a nutshell i didnt have any one to cloud my judgement! I didnt decide to be an Evertonian nor was i talked into it

I was chosen!!

Evertonians are born , not manufactured, we do not choose we are Chosen! Those who understand need no explanation, Those who dont Dont Matter!

1977 was the year and as i recall gordon lee was at the helm, it was a very different game from today but better in some ways (passion) but worse in others (hooliganism). First big memory i guess was the 164th merseyside derby at goodison and we had not beaten liverpool in years, a very tense athmosphere as you can imagine, it was a hazy late autum afternoon and towards the end of the game up popped Andy King to score a screaming 25 yarder (google it) past the helpless ray clemence to win the game , i can remember the celebrations after , it was like we had won the treble.

ANDY KING WEARING MY FIRST EFC KIT..

ak.jpg

Well after that i was smitten! 1980 was the year and we had made it to the F.A. cup semifinal against west ham at villa park , brilliant game which ended in a 1-1 draw and on to elland road leeds for a sellout replay the following tuesday night, this game was so exciting but in the final minute frank lampard (senior) scored with a breath taking diving header from the edge of the box to send west ham to wembley! It broke my heart, i went to bed and cried my eyes out in my blue everton shirt, the next morning when i awoke i had forgotten the previous evenings events but only momentarily as my mum blasted the radio from the kitchen" and now the sports new`s" the reporter announced, off i went to scholl with a heavy heart.

These are the days that i often visit in the archive of my mind,I used to dream of pulling on the everton shirt as all little boys do. I think to enjoy the game to the maximum you would have needed to play the game at any level, as a boy my room would be covered in posters of my hero`s like messers latchford and king to sharp and reidy to lineker and inchy heath to name but a few.

Gary Lineker..

Lineker.jpg

Yes EVERTON a the team of the eighties and it serves me great memories of joyous happy times.

1628452.jpg

we won trophy after trophy spanning a period of 6 years, my biggest regret is that we didnt get the chance to take our place in the european cup twice as we were at the time one of the strongest teams in european football but all english clubs got banned for five years thanks to hooliganism from a club i shall not name but they know who they are because there always talking about there history "right"

So these days things are on the up for this very proud Giant of a club , im very proud to be an Evertonian, I have no regrets following this club for the last 32 years all be it from my armchair, Football and Everton football club in particular take up a large part of my life, i wouldnt have it any other way,

I thank my sister maria (R.I.P.) for guiding me to become a BLUE4LIFE.

Last edited:
Re: AN EVERTON VIEW..........AN EVERTON STORY 1976-2008

Arteta: The Pressure Is On Liverpool

ARTETA-2.jpg

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta says his team are under absolutely no pressure to finish fourth in the Premier League

Everton are going great guns in the Premiership once again, but Toffees midfielder Mikel Arteta says the pressure to perform is off his side and well and truly on their red Merseyside rivals.

The Goodison Park club are among a handful of clubs chasing the coveted fourth Premier League spot that offers the chance of Premier League football.

But while Everton can enjoy their football and take things easy, the Spaniard isn't quite so sure the same can be said of big-spending rivals Liverpool.

Advantage: Everton

At present Everton have the fourth place while their neighbours, yet to win in the league in 2008, languish in seventh.

Arteta says nobody at Everton football club believed at the start of the season that they would be challenging for the Champions League spots, and it is exactly this easy-going approach that he believes offers them the advantage as the race hots up.

"I don't think the players feel under any pressure to finish fourth," Arteta told the Daily Express. "At the start of the season, there weren't a lot of people saying our aim this season would be finish in the top four."

Blackburn Next

After a 0-0 draw against Tottenham in midweek the Toffees are seeking to get back to winning ways this weekend as they travel to Blackburn. "It's a massive game for us to consolidate fourth place," noted defender Joleon Lescott, who yesterday received another call-up to the England squad.

Re: EVERTON***** My Story *****.....By BLUE4LIFE...

Come on Everton! It will be great seeing you lot reach the Champions League! You're not bad for a "small" club, better than that shite around the corner anyway! ;)

Ha ....mr m ....come on now behave your self! I wont even rise to that because i know you dont mean it,Im sure we wont slip up now wi 13 games to go last time when we pipped the shite to fourth place once we got ahead of them we didnt slip up....

I was quoting Rafa mate (when he called you a small club.)

and now he is in the gutter , what goes around ....comes around he he

Re: AN EVERTON VIEW.......

Cracking slag that mate........ cos you beat sunderland catch a grip la..... Anyway

Same old story... i didnt know clattenburg had a brother as a linesman.... kids look away now.....

CUNT!

onsideea7.jpg

You know to be honest had just about enough of these so-called officals,That was a great goal by aj and vaughan yesterday , A MILE ON-SIDE .....cost us two points again,not good enough , fifa need to wake up and sort this bloody mess out, no one knows what constitutes off side any more, i know one thing for sure that was a goal going by the old rules or the new ones ....WTF..!!!

anyway superb display again away from home , oh davey is building a great team .......WOT? :D

MOYES: IT WAS A GOAL

David Moyes believed Andrew Johnson’s goal should have stood against Blackburn.

The Blues striker appeared to have given Everton a deserved victory over with five minutes remaining but the linesman adjudged the goal to be offside.

The 0-0 draw at Ewood Park still leaves the Blues in fourth spot but Moyes felt it was two points dropped.

He told evertonfc.com: “It was a tight game - you can’t expect to come to Blackburn and dominate the game.

“I thought we played well and shaded the opportunities so from that point of view I am disappointed we did not take all three points.

“I have seen the replay. I take the linesman at his word when he said there was only one player but when James Vaughan makes the tackle he falls and then scoops the pass to Andy Johnson. There is at least two behind the ball – I think there was three maybe four in line so it would mean it is a goal.

“I don’t want to sound like a whinger – I don’t want to talk about referees but I just hope those two points don’t come to cost us. For us at Everton it is really important that we keep pushing for those places.”

Just watched MOTD and really that the worst decision I've seen in my life. AJ tracked back to the half way line to stay onside for gods sake.

hmmmmm yes disapointing , but what can you do about it? ....... NOTHING

JOKE OF THE DAY

Count Dracula is on the pull in Liverpool
He spends the night drinking Bloody Mary's in various clubs and biting on unsuspecting women's necks. He is heading for home, wandering along Gladys street sometime before sunrise.

Suddenly he is hit on the back of the head. He looks round and sees nothing. He looks down and sees a small sausage roll. Mmmm, he thinks. What's going on here. A few yards further on and... BANG! Smacked on the back of the head again! He whirls round as quick as he can, nothing.

Again he looks down and there is a small triangular sandwich lying on the ground. How odd! A few yards further along the street and... crash. Smacked on the back of the head again! He whirls round as quick as he can, nothing. He's getting really angry now. Again he looks down and there is a cocktail sausage lying on the ground. He stands and peers into the darkness of the night.

Nothing.

He walks a few yards further on when he gets a tap on the shoulder. With a swirl of his cape and a cloud of mist he turns as fast as he can. He feels a sharp pain in his heart. He falls to the ground clutching his chest, which is punctured by a small cocktail stick laden with a chunk of cheese and a pickle. On the ground dying, he looks up and sees a young female. With his dying breath he gasps, who the f**k are you?

She replies, my name is...........

Scroll down

Buffet, the Vampire slayer.

CREDIT TO STERTHIAN

I don't understand why Spurs would have been robbed Peter...Robbie Keane should have scored the second goal after that fantastic Berbatov action. Spurs and Everton are the two team i prefer in England this season. But the fact that Man Utd equalised in injury time sums up the season of both Man Utd and Spurs. Spurs keep throwing away points (the second time against Man Utd this season, against Fulham and on and on).
Everton were really robbed: the disallowed AJ goal, Dunn should have got a second yellow, and then there was a clear penalty with the foul of the Georgian defender...

I don't understand why Spurs would have been robbed Peter...Robbie Keane should have scored the second goal after that fantastic Berbatov action. Spurs and Everton are the two team i prefer in England this season. But the fact that Man Utd equalised in injury time sums up the season of both Man Utd and Spurs. Spurs keep throwing away points (the second time against Man Utd this season, against Fulham and on and on).
Everton were really robbed: the disallowed AJ goal, Dunn should have got a second yellow, and then there was a clear penalty with the foul of the Georgian defender...

:applause: SPOT-ON Gerd.

Anyway, Liveryawn are travelling to Chelsea this Sunday and I can't see them getting 3 points there so you lot HAVE to win this weekend. Who you got?

we are at home to reading this week mate , so would like to think 3 points in the bag. :D

id say three points and nothing less.

ps unc, aint got pes 6, traded it in,but got pes 2008 if ya wanna borrow it?

UEFA CUP 07/08

0418af3b62944821ad6c764fd1.gif

Aberdeen v Bayern Munich
AEK Athens v Getafe
Bolton v Atletico Madrid
Zenit St Petersburg v Villarreal
Galatasaray v Bayer Leverkusen
Anderlecht v Bordeaux
SK Brann v Everton
FC Zurich v Hamburg
Rangers v Panathinaikos
PSV Eindhoven v Helsingborg
Slavia Prague v Tottenham
Rosenborg v Fiorentina
Sporting Lisbon v Basle
Werder Bremen v Braga
Benfica v Nuremburg
Marseille v Spartak Moscow

Draw for the last 16:

(1st leg to be played on 6 March 2008 and 2nd leg to be played on 12/13 March 2008)

Anderlecht/Bordeaux v Aberdeen/Bayern Munich
Rangers/Panathinaikos v Werder Bremen/Braga
Bolton/Atletico Madrid v Sporting Lisbon/Basle
Galatasaray/Leverkusen v FC Zurich/Hamburg
AEK Athens/Getafe v Benfica/Nuremburg
Rosenborg/Fiorentina v SK Brann/Everton
Slavia Prague/Tottenham v PSV Eindhoven/Helsingborg
Marseille/Spartak Moscow v Zenit St Petersburg/Villarreal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARTETA WINS ANOTHER AWARD AT ECHO!!

mikelarteta1ua1.jpg

Mikel Arteta has been crowned Liverpool Echo sports personality of the year.

Arteta picked up the prestigious award at Monday evening's ceremony at the newly constructed Echo Arena.

The influential Spanish midfielder was the first Everton winner of the award since Wayne Rooney won it in 2003.

David Moyes, who took the prize the previous year, was in attendance along with first teamers Victor Anichebe and Nuno Valente.

Arteta told evertonTV: "I am delighted to win the award, but it is as much for my teammates and the manager as it is for me."

Back
Top Bottom