eFootball (All Platforms)

We're adding more fun and easy to play elements
eFootball seems to be more arcade than FIFA.
So my dog can play it but only online against me. No couch co-op. Sounds like the perfect strategy to me to make money with a football game like never before.
I can see the twitch and YouTube guys with new MyClub-Pack opening Videos for 25.000$ and kids spending their candycash. Even my dog will steal money from me to get the first Neymar and dive with him all the time.

It's hard to believe that Konami is more evil than EA. They broke my little football fan heart.

I just realized every club Konami has partnered with recently has gone down the drain, except for Bayern.
Barcelona, Dortmund(Till the deal was terminated), Juventus, Sch*lke, Fulham, Man United was already in bad shape. The curse has finally reached the game as well. Pes has joined those clubs.

don`t want to sound very pessimistic but after reading this translated interview, wow. are they f**** normal???
With this steps they show that even they don`t believe in product they try to sell, well now they give it away for free. Part of me still have some hope after rumours and leaks from the last week about offline master league with next gen graphic and stuff but this is shocking how they strongly believe what they are doing.
In fantasy world what they do can work flawlessly if they are smart, but well, we know Konami. Imagine base system updated every week with stats based on life form of the players, upgrading system with adding new types of shots, passes, headers etc. I will gladly pay subscription for that but again, this is just fantasy.
Konami is living in different world, that`s all I can say...

Subsequent official interviews make it seem fake. But who knows.
Interviews, plural – did I miss one? So far as I can tell, it's just the one Kimura interview, post "insider" drop. And nothing said there seemed to contradict what was said in the "drop".

I understand the default position of scepticism regarding it, but I don't think the interview made the insider-shtick seem more or less legit.

Hahaha, guys just figured it out, this are the real Konami PES/"Efootball" Devs. Look at the remotes they even play with them mirrored, with the Dpad on the right, and buttons on the left. Defo Konami developing PES since PS3. The new feature will be in the road-map, and it will blow everyones mind when the new controlls roll out.

Last edited:
Of course, it's fake ... Jesus Christ ... which planet do you fall from? Every year is the same .... some attention whore who says he works for Konami or has inside information releases fake screenshots or news ...

Last edited:
That Konami bloke is a disgrace. All that potential wasted. They want the widest easiest market so they can make cash off the kids. Disgusting practice.

I don´t wanna know how much they have spent on the appearances of Iniesta, Pique and Messi (well actually I do wanna know^^).
I mean, what´s the use?
The phrase of Iniesta in the trailer "The player on the ball is always at an advantage, as only he can decide what to do next"

giphy.gif

He also could have said: "The ball is round....the harder you kick it, the faster it goes.
Again, what´s the use?
And also Piques half ass effort being there looking like he absolutely doesn´t wanna do this.
KONAMI; you don´t need this!
Just implement natural movement of any experienced football player and keep watching football matches....shouldn´t that be enough to know about player behaviour, positioning, defending, attacking and what else they were hoping to get from these three Barca lads??

I don´t wanna know how much they have spent on the appearances of Iniesta, Pique and Messi (well actually I do wanna know^^).
I mean, what´s the use?
The phrase of Iniesta in the trailer "The player on the ball is always at an advantage, as only he can decide what to do next"

giphy.gif

He also could have said: "The ball is round....the harder you kick it, the faster it goes.
Again, what´s the use?
And also Piques half ass effort being there looking like he absolutely doesn´t wanna do this.
Just implement natural movement of any experienced football player and keep watching football matches....shouldn´t that be enough to know about player behaviour, positioning, defending, attacking and what else they were hoping to get from these three Barca lads??
Putting that aside, I like the bits where Pique said that "cutting out spaces gives the opponent less time on the ball, less options" something like that. I hope they will emphasis that in their gameplay this time as its fundamental in football.

From that interview:

In addition, in order to catch up with the flow of the market, I thought that it was necessary to make it Free to Play and cross-platform support that allows competition and cooperation beyond the boundaries of devices.

He "thought it was necessary", sounds like he just woke up one morning and came to that conclusion. All I'll say is, I hope this guy is good at mopping floors.

Was that Reddit post confirmed to be fake?
No such confirmation either way mate.
Of course, it's fake ... Jesus Christ ... which planet do you fall from? Every year is the same .... some attention whore who says he works for Konami or has inside information releases fake screenshots or news ...
I can't recall in recent memory a post like that one, where the guy keeps it up for two days, makes a bunch of specific claims, etc. It might turn out to be fake (hasn't been demonstrated; it's not clear how you would prove it either way at the moment), but if it is, it's clearly a different kind of troll to the "ITK" Twitter accounts and such. I don't see why you'd mix that effort up with, e.g., people tweeting two year old digital artist renditions of Bale and Messi.

The jury here may have decided it's fake, but that doesn't constitute proof. We'll likely only realise after end of August or later, if we ever do (since things are subject to change). He also caveated much of what he said as subject to being wrong – a canny move for a troll, or just a realistic thing given Konami not allowing departments to know what goes on elsewhere.

If he's proven fake, it will be on claims about the next-gen rendering and gameplay as being distinct when offline or vs other next-gen users, as compared with vs mobile.

I don't see who it serves to say it's definitely fake, just as much as I don't see who it serves to say it's definitely legit.

i did not have a read yet...

eFootball: How Konami is sabotaging himself

https://translate.google.com/transl...nami-sich-selbst-sabotiert-866506/artikel.amp

:LOL: even the 2014 demo had more teams (league and national btw.)!
Just a note for those reading in translation: Google has translated "die/eine Meisterliga" (Master League) as "the/a champions league" – for the avoidance of doubt!

Re the article: mostly a sensible summary – criticises Konami for their launch, for their branding change, for the focus on mobile, etc. Talks about how the fans are worried it will become MTX heavy, uncertainty surrounding the ML, etc.

I mean, what´s the use?

giphy.gif

Again, what´s the use?
The Iniesta phrase made me laugh. It's not even true. There are whole footballing philosophies based around conceding possession, making it very difficult for opponents to do anything with it, and countering quickly with few touches and not much time on the ball. I suppose to elaborate that is to make the now forbidden move of discussing TEAMS and tactics and organisation, instead of just "the 1 on 1" experience though.

Re the clips – I wouldn't read anything into them though. That scene where you've got Japanese devs scribbling down notes as Pique says shit is just marketing. The whole idea of Iniesta and Pique as "gameplay advisors" is the same – it's just fluff to put in a trailer. The gameplay devs are not taking their cues from footballers.

The real mistake here is, accordingly, a marketing one. They mistakenly think the fans and potential new players would be impressed by this kind of thing, and couldn't see through these contrived scenes of Pique looking like he needs 3 coffees and can't think of anything worse to do than film this segment.

Just a note for those reading in translation: Google has translated "die/eine Meisterliga" (Master League) as "the/a champions league" – for the avoidance of doubt!

Re the article: mostly a sensible summary – criticises Konami for their launch, for their branding change, for the focus on mobile, etc. Talks about how the fans are worried it will become MTX heavy, uncertainty surrounding the ML, etc.
For me is ok having a UEFA CL, EL and new NL, with Bundesliga 1st and 2nd division fake. Who cares! All we can do is mods.

For me is ok having a UEFA CL, EL and new NL, with Bundesliga 1st and 2nd division fake. Who cares!
Most would agree. But to be clear: the article isn't about that. It's not about the Champions League at all – it's discussing the mode "Master League", but Google Translate renders it "champions league". That's what I was hoping to clarify :LOL:

Been wondering lately if there are any seriously disgruntled employees from core dev/3d/gfx teams in Konami ... hellbent on resigning their job and taking with them full suit of development tools, source code, fox engine shenannigans and whatnot ... as a mere act of spite and vengeance toward their current/soontobe ex employee?

And imagine all of that being uploaded somewhere publically.

God knows what could have yet been squeezed out from old Fox, but ¥onami didn't care or bother while they were too busy making FUT clone

This is obviously a jab at the players who just hold X and sprint, constantly sprinting at you with full speed when defending. In real life if you do that, the player just knocks the ball to the side and is already 3m in direction of your goal while you are in no man's land. So here is hoping this is reality and they made sprinting at the attacking player a shitty tactic.

The funny thing is - Iniesta and Pique are also quite old - even if you use Barca it would make far more sense to have the likes of Pedri or Fati. I know Iniesta is specific for the Japanese market etc. But these aren't the guys to excite gamers in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom