eFootball (All Platforms)

(i don't know how to traduce "Engagement" but it's not like Def. Awareness. It's more related to the contribution without the ball.
Engagement = contribution, involvement, participation
Inébranable = constant, may also refer to consistent

Edit: He "Monsieur Quinton" also said that players still have 10 maximum player skills

EDIT/
I'm french for talking (living in Belgium) so i understood instantly, but to traduce exactly in english lol, they will got others names.
Inébranlable is more than just constant, it's super constant ;) But 100% sure they will gets their own word to describe it.
But yes, Involvement is probably the best word to translate it, better than workrate (pretty similar but there's some subtle differences between the 2 words)

Well they renammed some stuff (in fact ball winning WAS tackling, when a data editor is asked to rate that stats, the definition was "it's about tackling in general") They've renammed some stats and all weird description btw. Not a bad thing in terms of global understanding of strengths/weaknesses. "Ball Winning" and his french translation was vague. It could have been also every Ball winning stuffs, including in the air, which wasn't the case at all.

Now Sliding Tackle is back, Thanks. Don't need a second stats for that to me, the mix between Def/Tacle + that special skill is good enough

Last edited:
EDIT/
I'm french for talking (living in Belgium) so i understood instantly, but to traduce exactly in english lol, they will got others names.
Inébranlable is more than just constant, it's super constant ;) But 100% sure they will gets their own word to describe it.
But yes, Involvement is probably the best word to translate it, better than workrate (pretty similar but there's some subtle differences between the 2 words)

Well they renammed some stuff (in fact ball winning WAS tackling, when a data editor is asked to rate that stats, the definition was "it's about tackling in general") They've renammed some stats and all weird description btw. Not a bad thing in terms of global understanding of strengths/weaknesses. "Ball Winning" and his french translation was vague. It could have been also every Ball winning stuffs, including in the air, which wasn't the case at all.

Now Sliding Tackle is back, Thanks. Don't need a second stats for that to me, the mix between Def/Tacle + that special skill is good enough
Yep, I had struggles understanding "Ball winning" at the first time, this is due to the fact that - as far as I have seen - KONAMI is employing people who have 0 knowledge about football. For God's sake they were taking notes when Piqué told them that you should tackle the player when he makes a mistake.
After that, translating these terms "Ball Winning" and "Explosive Power" etc to other languages may end them up in a cliff of mistakes.

PS: As a Moroccan, french is my second language. Just tried to link the french terms to more technical english counterparts, as like you know, the most painful thing in this world is translating from french to english and vice versa without getting off topic

Last edited:
best scene helly_wood produced in years, that jlaw .gif there, since whenever i saw that for the first time, this is how i usually communicate with most "people" nowadays..

I just wanted to know why the Switch isn't on Konami's plans, even now that they said this eFootball will have cross-play (like other games that are on the Switch do).
If you tell me it's because of the graphical differences, I'll tell you right now: I don't believe that. If it were true they wouldn't make it for mobile too.

Sure Adam

tenor.gif
Wow, asskisser much? (not you, of course, the guy on Reddit)

Yeah i know you're talking 1.Arabic 2.French in Morocco/Algeria/Tunisia.
Right, some translation from Japanese were totally not linked to football. Explosive Power, the word "Power" was itself a bit confusing.
But the team working on the data editing tool is not the team who work on the UI and decide which name to put on stats, on the gameplan, tactics etc.

So, they corrected for explosive power, in the Online tool > "rate it as Acceleration. i got some description from PES 2020, it's way more explained.
As an example, they said for Tight Possession, that a player with high speed should get lower in that stats, and central player suck as CMF/DMF/AMF should get higher in that stat. That's things they should mention in game...
Tight Possession is NOT like Precision Dribble from older PES : but it's the agility and number of touch when you don't run with the ball. It's different, Precision Dribble was only the number of touches a player can do in certain perimeter (permitting him to change his direction with the ball on close area) but not linked to agility.
Dribbling Speed was the stats who made every touches not faster, but the player faster to reach the ball when the ball is pushed.

Well, in fact in new PES to make it brief and more understandable :
-Dribbling is only related for player when they runs, number of touches (so you can convert to "Precision Dribbling Speed" or "Number of Ball Touches speed while running" lol but it's far too long. It's a bit more important than Tight possession.
-Tight Possession is only linked to the number of touchs and speed (you can also say agility) when you turn with the ball without running. Hard to pass a player with that stat alone in fact : it's more for keeping the ball. so definition is "Number and speed of touchs when a player dribble without running"

But it's only since PES 2019, or 2020 that they rectified some bad translation mistakes.

That's one BIG difference with Fifa, and why i don't like the feeling : those stats are completely handled differently. If it's only the number of touche, you can still get your player in control without be affected by "randomness" right? Well, in Fifa technical stats are linked to a percentage of success in for example 20 degrees when you push the ball, also speed dribbling too but that cause randomness and why you don't understand how you've lost the ball. Plus the percentage decrease with the stamina bar... So it's even more random.
That randomness is what people call "variety", and that what i hate the most. That the biggest difference between the two games in fact, and nobody talks about it : how the stats are managed.

Is anyone actually that bothered about leaks/new information? (IMO) we have seen this for what it is (certainly on consoles) and that’s a bloody monstrous attempt at being PES………mobile phones and iPads is where it’s at and no leaks, insider info or back track marketing is going to change a thing (for me anyway) It’s mind wrecking trying to compute what’s happened to this game over the past 2 years so I’ve literally buried it, it’s just not aimed at the simulation market and therefore has no real part to play in my hobby. I hope that one day it will return, but how anyone who loved (past tense) the series and footy games can get any real sense of anticipation from this dumbed down half arsed effort is beyond me.

Its like Buzzy said, it’s time to leave the thread, I end up being sadly inquisitive but it’s not great for a healthy/positive mind when your favourite game goes up in smoke and I/we are still trying to hold on to the tiniest of threads that somehow, by some miracle it’s going to be good…………………

RIP………see you in the FIFA thread 🤔😐

Hard work to get through 184 pages.. but some of the posts are real gems though. Enjoyed reading very much, thank you all who participated in the discussion. Good bye, PES, you were part of our lives for a long time. I think we built a pretty awesome modding community around you. It was fun to be part of it.

Hard work to get through 184 pages.. but some of the posts are real gems though. Enjoyed reading very much, thank you all who participated in the discussion. Good bye, PES, you were part of our lives for a long time. I think we built a pretty awesome modding community around you. It was fun to be part of it.
Hopefully the community can do so with eFootball. Imagine there will be really nextgen graphics (moddable) revealed in August ;)

I just can repeat to look at the stadium scenes in the Trailer at the beginnend...These are the only next gen scenes there. Everything else is current gen and/or mobile.

I just saw the presentation on a "Monsieur Quinton" presentation where you see the gameplan, it's far better and there's some new stats.
But it was in french, now Ball winning is separated, and there's another stats which makes me think of Workrate.
"Tacles > Tackling" then
"Engagement Défensif > Defenvise Workrate" (i don't know how to traduce "Engagement" but it's not like Def. Awareness. It's more related to the contribution without the ball.

Now, the skills who were on 8 or 3 (injury) got instead a word to describe it:
I don't know the range but about Form i saw one special, the others was like weak/strong etc. >
"Unbreakable" (not sure at all about the word in english, in french it's "Inébranlable"

Then there's some new skills like Sliding tackles, and many others we all wanted which were missing.

Here's the vid, but it seems that at least, that system is reworked. But one thing : i didn't saw CPU playing style (please, no joke "there's no CPU it's normal". There will be a vs CPU so...

I don't get it, since I don't speak French. So this guy played the game beta already? Why did he have access to that?

Hopefully the community can do so with eFootball. Imagine there will be really nextgen graphics (moddable) revealed in August ;)

I just can repeat to look at the stadium scenes in the Trailer at the beginnend...These are the only next gen scenes there. Everything else is current gen and/or mobile.

Yeah, but it doesn't matter much if the gameplay is built for mobile devices. At least not for me.

Good bye, PES, you were part of our lives for a long time.
This is what I'm most sad about.
PES has always been there with me through thick and thin.
The happy moments like a night at a friend with a bowl of chips and some beers, the bad times like when I broke up with my former girlfriend... They always featured a match or two with whichever PES was available.

It always will, to some extent, as the PS2 games can still be played (and they're the ones I'm most attached to)... But it won't be the same anymore. Instead of feeling like you're having a night out with a close friend, now it'll feel like having a chat with a friend that's living abroad and that you don't know when you will be able to meet again in person.

Don't care too much about the next gen graphics to be honest, I'm rather worried at the (even) more dumbed down gameplay to allow the crossplay with the mobile devices.
Never played online modes and never will, for a while it will be only PES21. Still considering buying FIFA22 and then maybe checking the new PES once offline modes will be out... But my expectations are so low that even for Konami it will be tough to disappoint me.

This is what I'm most sad about.
PES has always been there with me through thick and thin.
The happy moments like a night at a friend with a bowl of chips and some beers, the bad times like when I broke up with my former girlfriend... They always featured a match or two with whichever PES was available.

It always will, to some extent, as the PS2 games can still be played (and they're the ones I'm most attached to)... But it won't be the same anymore. Instead of feeling like you're having a night out with a close friend, now it'll feel like having a chat with a friend that's living abroad and that you don't know when you will be able to meet again in person.
Don't tell me you are that guy, that eats chips and then touches the controllers with the same hands!!!??:CRY::SHOCK::BOP:

Yeah, but it doesn't matter much if the gameplay is built for mobile devices. At least not for me.
Do you all really think that this is gonna happen....i really don't think so. I guess they needed 2 years to programm the scaling Option so that you can switch and decide whether you want cross gen playing or not.

But yes, a lot of panic due to no clear commumicaton on this from Konami

Do you all really think that this is gonna happen....i really don't think so. I guess they needed 2 years to programm the scaling Option so that you can switch and decide whether you want cross gen playing or not.

But yes, a lot of panic due to no clear commumicaton on this from Konami

I hope I'm wrong of course. Nothing suggest this isn't the case so far though.

I have no idea if it's possible to have a game that change in terms of gameplay mechanics depending on what your opponents device is. People with better knowledge about these things seems to think that this is unlikely.

But hey, maybe eFootball will be a PES6 remaster in terms of gameplay...

I'll believe that when I see it. They make an absolute fortune from sales, so I can't see them giving that up, unless they charge a yearly subscription fee or something.

This isn't the same as Konami seeing the sales figures not being worth releasing a paid release each year.

And i dont see FIFA being resorted from an AAA game to a game with mobile graphics. Anyone who thinks PES still have next gen graphics at any point and being released as a free to play is very optimistic person. EA also have 0 competition in sportsgaming on consoles and PC from now on, so they might as well just slow down and put even less effort into the yearly release rather and still sell it for 80 pounds with a free Cantona legend FUT card.

I hope I'm wrong of course. Nothing suggest this isn't the case so far though.

I have no idea if it's possible to have a game that change in terms of gameplay mechanics depending on what your opponents device is. People with better knowledge about these things seems to think that this is unlikely.

But hey, maybe eFootball will be a PES6 remaster in terms of gameplay...
Konami have said that it's first and foremost a console game. A reminder of the recent IGN interview with eFootball series producer Seitaro Kimura.

• Interviewer: Of course, that mobile inspiration will worry fans of the more fully-fledged console PES experience – is this going to be a more casual football experience than the normal simulation approach?

• Seitaro Kimura says not to worry: "We're still making games on consoles first. We then take that exact same experience and make it available for mobile devices. In other words, we are not making the game for mobile, but working to make mobile more console-like."
Pretty sure I also read something that implied that mobile players will need to use a controller, so controls won't be dumbed down to mobile level. Can't remember the source but someone here may be able to dig it up (we could really do with a page that is updated with all the news, either post #1 of this thread or a separate locked thread). But the IGN interview contains this:

• ‘Ball Control’ is new this year,” Kimura explains, “which takes advantage of the R2/RT [trigger buttons’] analog input to freely control the strength of the ball touch, and ‘Knock-On’ enables instantaneous strong touches.
I don't think there's any in-built means of analogue triggers on a mobile, which implies you'll need a proper controller.

Of course, the online test beta didn't inspire confidence but we simply don't know how early a build that was. I've seen games transformed from garbage to excellent in short periods of time.

Last edited:
Konami have said that it's first and foremost a console game. A reminder of the recent IGN interview with eFootball series producer Seitaro Kimura.

• Interviewer: Of course, that mobile inspiration will worry fans of the more fully-fledged console PES experience – is this going to be a more casual football experience than the normal simulation approach?

• Seitaro Kimura says not to worry: "We're still making games on consoles first. We then take that exact same experience and make it available for mobile devices. In other words, we are not making the game for mobile, but working to make mobile more console-like."
Pretty sure I also read something that implied that mobile players will need to use a controller, so controls won't be dumbed down to mobile level. Can't remember the source but someone here may be able to dig it up. We could really do with a page that is updated with all the news, either post #1 of this thread or a separate locked thread.

Of course, the online test beta didn't inspire confidence but we simply don't know how early a build that was. I've seen games transformed from garbage to excellent in short periods of time.
Yup, there is some hope in this but, well, we are dealing with Konami so.

Its also completely insane that they didn't release a clarifying statement about this the day after the trailer if it in fact was a console game first and mobile devices will be a dumbed down version of THAT. Not the other way around like the general consensus now are EVERYWHERE on the mighty internet. That alone leads me to believe that they in fact are releasing a mobile phone game with better graphics for the Ps5.

But again, it's always a guessing game with Konami.

Don't tell me you are that guy, that eats chips and then touches the controllers with the same hands!!!??:CRY::SHOCK::BOP:
As far as I remember, chips were for the "audience" (friends that weren't playing in that very moment)... Not for the players.
Of course the players would also attack the bowls right after the final whistle.
The ones who were playing would usually only grab the beer when the ball was out of play or something. 😁

Engagement = contribution, involvement, participation
Inébranable = constant, may also refer to consistent

Edit: He "Monsieur Quinton" also said that players still have 10 maximum player skills
Yes , engagement. Well do not try to translate it with a common vocabulary. In soccer language means how well a player participate or is familiar with the defensive tactical approach of the team . Exp . If a want to press high but I want one player to be alerted for balls in the back of my defensive line how my player anticipate on that plan .
English is not my native language ( I am Greek ) and I do not know if I can explain that good enough.

Most would agree. But to be clear: the article isn't about that. It's not about the Champions League at all – it's discussing the mode "Master League", but Google Translate renders it "champions league". That's what I was hoping to clarify :LOL:
Master League should be like ISS PRO EVOLUTION Mod.

Wow
So there will be no next gen offline pc fifa game anymore.
And all we will get from now on are some fucked up f2p games. My dream of bouncy cloth physics and realistic graphics really went down the drain. I guess it will never happen.
Computers with 4.000€ of power speed and we get this shit as f2p games. Good Job for both companies.
And soon playing consoles online is going to end, because people don´t wanna spend money on power energy, buy internet and then buy stinky coins to get cards or balls. I just want the offline back but they are killing already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom